Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ephemera

-Defeater-

Please let us buy them with plat at some point. At least the the drop chance for them will make sense. As it is now its just an extra grind on top of things people already grinded, it doesnt make sense to put them in drop tables of content thats so old. If not buying them with plat, please put them somewhere else, because as is it sorta just seems like lazy placement. i mean some make sense where they are, like shadow being on stalker, but i can tell you that noone who has played this game long enough to get all the stuff from stalker wants to go and farm him again. same goes for the other stuff theyre put in. 

• Like 1

They're not meant to be bought with plat though, the point of their placement is to have something to showoff as a accomplishment like the day 1000 armor. There needs to be more cosmetics hidden away in the game that take effort to get. Plus it's a reason to visit old content.

If you really really need a ephemera, get the bloody one it's 20 essence from the arbritaions store

• Like 9

Ephemera are not required or mandatory, they are for Tenno that want to go the extra mile and have something to show for it.

With the amount of effort and patience it takes to get them, nothing says slap in the face like putting Ephemera on the market.

K2mmtCL.png

Edited by EquinoxPrime
  • Like 2

Just now, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Plus it's a reason to visit old content.

no one wants to revisit old content. if youve grinded all your focus, got all the stuff from stalker etc, you dont want to go put more time into farming those areas of the game. its good for people who still need to do it, but im pretty sure i remember them saying this is something vets will be interested in. im positive most people do not want to go back and farm stuff with less than 5% drop rates in old content, it just seems lazy. this is why i said if not with plat, just put them in something new. its just a trail of stuff behind you, not prime parts, not arcanes, it has no stat effects or game play to it, its just a cosmetic. the last place it should be put is into old content with stupid low drop rates

Just now, EquinoxPrime said:

Ephemera are not required or mandatory, they are for Tenno that want to go the extra mile and have something to show for it.

With the amount of effort and patience it takes to get them, nothing says slap in the face like putting Ephemera on the market.

Reveal hidden contents

K2mmtCL.png

everything is subject to change and you know that because its been done before. rivens have dispositions changed, content gets changed, lets not pretend warframe isnt still holding onto the beta tag so they can do that exact sort of thing. 

3 minutes ago, -Defeater- said:

no one wants to revisit old content. if youve grinded all your focus, got all the stuff from stalker etc, you dont want to go put more time into farming those areas of the game. its good for people who still need to do it, but im pretty sure i remember them saying this is something vets will be interested in. im positive most people do not want to go back and farm stuff with less than 5% drop rates in old content, it just seems lazy. this is why i said if not with plat, just put them in something new. its just a trail of stuff behind you, not prime parts, not arcanes, it has no stat effects or game play to it, its just a cosmetic. the last place it should be put is into old content with stupid low drop rates

That's entirely your opinion, just cause you don't want to go back "old content" doesn't mean that counts for everyone. Plus low drop rates ain't new for warframe.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, -Defeater- said:

everything is subject to change and you know that because its been done before. rivens have dispositions changed, content gets changed, lets not pretend warframe isnt still holding onto the beta tag so they can do that exact sort of thing. 

Except when it comes to Riven disposition changes, they were never intended to be fixed values in the first place.

GGocnfK.png

From the Devstream #123 Overview.

Subject to change? Sure, but you seem to speak a lot on laziness for someone that isn't willing to put effort into acquiring them. Go big or go home. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by EquinoxPrime
  • Like 2

Just now, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

That's entirely your opinion, just cause you don't want to go back "old content" doesn't mean that counts for everyone. Plus low drop rates ain't new for warframe.

its my opinion and what any sane person whos already gone through most of the game would say. theres a reason the starchart is void of players, no one is going back to mars to have a good bit of fun in a survival. same for other content that people have already gone through. once you get through with a certain bit of content, chances are you wont go back, and chances are you already played the hell out of it.  im also curious what MR rank "silver seeker" is, because im pretty sure that low mr, whcih wile not always indicative of how much youve done, im sure at that level you havent got all  the stalker stuff, maxed your focus, etc. for someone like you it might not be that big of a deal cause youre heading towards that content anyways, but for a large portion of the playerbase that have been playing forever and waiting for actual content, the ephemera being locked behind a bunch of old stuff is really annoying

Seeding Step Ephemera (2.00%)

this one is reasonable considering arbitrations repeat rotation c forever after the first rotation c , meaning you have a lot more chances to get this one same with the bloody body that can be bought for for 20 vitus essence.

HOWEVER

Blazing Step Ephemera Blueprint Ultra Rare (1.01%)

problem here is that rotation C happens every 8 stages, that is completely insane

that one is the bane of my existence, me and my friends were trying to get this one for the past 4 days , we must've ran ESO more then 50 times , it's completely unfair 

for the love of everything holy please make rotation C repeat after 8 stages, I don't feel like this is an unreasonable request.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SelfishNeko said:

Seeding Step Ephemera (2.00%)

this one is reasonable considering arbitrations repeat rotation c forever after the first rotation c , meaning you have a lot more chances to get this one same with the bloody body that can be bought for for 20 vitus essence.

HOWEVER

Blazing Step Ephemera Blueprint Ultra Rare (1.01%)

problem here is that rotation C happens every 8 stages, that is completely insane

that one is the bane of my existence, me and my friends were trying to get this one for the past 4 days , we must've ran ESO more then 50 times , it's completely unfair 

for the love of everything holy please make rotation C repeat after 8 stages, I don't feel like this is an unreasonable request.

Agreed on that one, after farming regular onslaught for two weeks I got khora's bp. Two weeks of farming regular, and that drop chance is higher ffs. It's not the fact that it is old content, which it bloody isn't (except for stalker, beacons make that cheese though). It is the fact that eso is badly designed for drops to begin with. I'd rather deal with an arbitration defense than that S#&$e. Of course when I do go after that ephemera, I will be maxing my focus every day. Which will give me an excuse to give a crap about focus past the waybounds and base upgrades. Still garbo though

Just now, Akula_Rose said:

Agreed on that one, after farming regular onslaught for two weeks I got khora's bp. Two weeks of farming regular, and that drop chance is higher ffs. It's not the fact that it is old content, which it bloody isn't (except for stalker, beacons make that cheese though). It is the fact that eso is badly designed for drops to begin with. I'd rather deal with an arbitration defense than that S#&$e. Of course when I do go after that ephemera, I will be maxing my focus every day. Which will give me an excuse to give a crap about focus past the waybounds and base upgrades. Still garbo though

i redact my previous statement of you making no conversation. 

this is kind of what im talking about, a lot of people already have their focus maxed, and its annoying to spend so much time doing something then have to go back to it to just try and get the one thing. i dont mind the two in the exploiters drop table because its at least a new fight. i do mind having to go back to eso because my focus is maxed, and you get 0 resources even from that game mode. its a giant time sink for that 1 item in that case

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Defeater- said:

this makes no sense. like at all. i posed a suggestion, and instead of building on it or suggesting alternatives, ive got keyboard warrior, guy who swears, and you providing 0 conversationg

did i get under your skin? you said you were out twice dude, idk what else you want here

i can have an opinion, my opinion is that most people dont want early prime part level % drop rates in old content. to me, that seems pretty obvious. we had a whole year of almost no content, then they release this sub par event, and add ephemera into content weve been keeping ourselves busy with since last year. if you want that trend to continue, please say so now, if not, you disagree, and therefore should try posing an alternative, or describe how putting new items into old content helps the game. as i see it, its just lazy on DEs part. it gains 0 revenue for them, and putting them in the market or hey, maybe making them trade able, would net them some sort of possible income.

as is its an annoying farm for most of them for no reason, other than people can say they got them, which doesnt really mean much. i got the electric one from exploiter in my first few runs getting hildren parts. i dont feel special, i dont think i achieved something, its just luck. its the same reason prime versions of things arent that impressive, its just luck. im more interested in things like johnprodman posters, cause thats something you work towards, not just randomly get. therefore, if they dont want to put them in new challenging content, at least put them in the market or let us trade them to fund future updates. 

You're allowed to have an opinion. Your opinion doesn't speak for everyone though. Stop saying that "most people" this or "most people" that. You don't like the droprates and old content. You want it changed.

Personally I like that I'll be able to show off to new people and motivate them to keep playing if they want the fancy effect.

• Like 3

Ephemeras indeed should not drop using RNG. It seems pretty dumb because I squadded up with someone that had 5 copies of Freezing Step,  but no shocking step.

They should be milestone rewards tied to some in game achievement or something.

Since they are purely cosmetic, I’m fine with the Ephemera being an exclusive reward for players willing to go the extra mile - unobtainable through the market. 

I do feel putting them behind rng isn’t really a “challenge” though. Blazing Step could drop in your first run to wave 8 in ESO, or it could take you literally weeks of playing. Why not just make it something like “complete 1000 waves of ESO” or something similarly consistent?

• Like 3

Just now, tyranno66 said:

You're allowed to have an opinion. Your opinion doesn't speak for everyone though. Stop saying that "most people" this or "most people" that. You don't like the droprates and old content. You want it changed.

Personally I like that I'll be able to show off to new people and motivate them to keep playing if they want the fancy effect.

but its my opinion that most people wou have gone through the content already woudlnt want to go back, the same way no one goes back to do starchart stuff. ifs your opinion that this is incorrect, and unless we made a poll of all high level mr players, we wouldnt be able to know, it just seems to me its not a stretch to say people dont want to play the same crap again for a less than 5% drop. 

its also your opinion that the luck of it makes it special, while i dont think thats the case, i just want my frames to look good, i dont put much value into getting lucky. i wish theyd motivate people to play new, interesting content instead of stuff we already have been playing, it just sucks they put them into old content, its an opportunity missed. 

• Like 1

Just now, OmegaZero633 said:

I do feel putting them behind rng isn’t really a “challenge” though. Blazing Step could drop in your first run to wave 8 in ESO, or it could take you literally weeks of playing. Why not just make it something like “complete 1000 waves of ESO” or something similarly consistent?

id be ok with this as well, at least then you know they put effort into it, even though it is still old content. just seems like a wasted opportunity to do something new with them instead of throw them into old stuff at super low drop rates. 

17 minutes ago, -Defeater- said:

I can have an opinion, my opinion is that most people dont want early prime part level % drop rates in old content. to me, that seems pretty obvious. we had a whole year of almost no content, then they release this sub par event, and add ephemera into content weve been keeping ourselves busy with since last year. if you want that trend to continue, please say so now, if not, you disagree, and therefore should try posing an alternative, or describe how putting new items into old content helps the game. as i see it, its just lazy on DEs part. it gains 0 revenue for them, and putting them in the market or hey, maybe making them trade able, would net them some sort of possible income.

I'm going to ignore your previous statement because I actually would like to talk about this, so if we could drop the hostility on both accounts that would be great. Not saying I'm perfect, we're both in the wrong a little imo, so I'm sorry for that.

I think what @SelfishNeko suggested is a good start. That ESO grind can be a little painful, I don't know why it shouldn't get the Arbitration treatment in the very least.

It's my opinion that there will likely be newer Ephemera coming out eventually with new content, which will be nice. The current placements are fine imo but there is always room for improvement going forward, I don't see the ones we currently have changing position anytime soon if at all. I guess I just don't understand what new content they're supposed to stick these Ephemera in when there is no new content to speak of, save for Shocking and Freezing Step dropping from Exploiter.

15 minutes ago, EquinoxPrime said:

I'm going to ignore your previous statement because I actually would like to talk about this, so if we could drop the hostility on both accounts that would be great. Not saying I'm perfect, we're both in the wrong a little imo, so I'm sorry for that.

I think what @SelfishNeko suggested is a good start. That ESO grind can be a little painful, I don't know why it shouldn't get the Arbitration treatment in the very least.

It's my opinion that there will likely be newer Ephemera coming out eventually with new content, which will be nice. The current placements are fine imo but there is always room for improvement going forward, I don't see the ones we currently have changing position anytime soon if at all. I guess I just don't understand what new content they're supposed to stick these Ephemera in when there is no new content to speak of, save for Shocking and Freezing Step dropping from Exploiter.

i apologize for being like that as well. should probably have worded my post better, i understand there are people who dont mind going into old content, i should have probably focused more on the positives of putting it in new content rather than the negatives of putting it in old content. youre most likely correct, they probably will put new ones in new content, it just bugs me to see stuff like this, where they could have done something interesting with them. 

7 minutes ago, -Defeater- said:

i apologize for being like that as well. should probably have worded my post better, i understand there are people who dont mind going into old content, i should have probably focused more on the positives of putting it in new content rather than the negatives of putting it in old content. youre most likely correct, they probably will put new ones in new content, it just bugs me to see stuff like this, where they could have done something interesting with them. 

What's done is done, water under the bridge and all that.

This is why feedback from both perspectives is important tbh, in order to reach a compromise. I realize that not everything can make all sides happy but what's the harm in trying?

Prodman posters was a good example of something to do about it. Still challenging, still requires effort, makes it seem worth it. I'm with you on that one.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

The issue I have it's again just stupid RNG

7 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

ephemeras are not doing what they are supposed to be doing. having good rng is not prestige. not at all. 

Y'all aren't wrong about the luck aspect of things.

Going back and re-reading what I posted about the Devstream #123 Overview, "completing a specific challenge" should not equate to luck. First of all, that's a weird way to word it. 🤔

Edited by EquinoxPrime

3 minutes ago, EquinoxPrime said:

Y'all aren't wrong about the luck aspect of things.

Going back and re-reading what I posted about the Devstream #123 Overview, "completing a specific challenge" should not equate to luck. First of all, that's a weird way to word it. 🤔

it wasnt exactly unexpected to me tbh, considering de has did this same mistake over and over. whenever we ask for challenge they just hear it as we want more rng.