Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ephemera

-Defeater-

The ESO grind is a pain, and I probably won't get that one. OP is right in that ESO was boring 2 hrs after release, heh.

The Exploiter Orb drops two and that's new content though, so get those.

Arbitrations has the one on a Rotation C and sell one for Vital Essence, and the Arbitrations are relatively new. Also, 20 Vital Essence isn't that hard to get.

Finally, Shadow Stalker drops one. So just punk his arse like normal and maybe get lucky there.

So there are only two that are "grindy". Get the other 4 *shrugs*.

Edited by Ryim_Drykeon
Corrected Information

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (XB1)The Neko Otaku:

[...] the point of their placement is to have something to showoff as a accomplishment like the day 1000 armor.

How is getting lucky an accomplishment tho...

You can get an ephemera first try in theory, while said armor or the the final nightwave reward are undoubtly indicating dedication / persistence.

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

Just put on some music and farm it , I m sure most of veteran players have it by now , when you have nothing to do just make a party and farm for it , it's not like they gonna remove it , except the electric and cold stuff u get from exploiter orb. Just relax , farm and pray rng . That's what everyone does

23 minutes ago, xNenex said:

Just put on some music and farm it , I m sure most of veteran players have it by now , when you have nothing to do just make a party and farm for it , it's not like they gonna remove it , except the electric and cold stuff u get from exploiter orb. Just relax , farm and pray rng . That's what everyone does

I believe that was the point being made here. These are exclusively tied to RNG, not something acquired via a "Special Challenge". Relax, farm, pray RNG is not what some players want in a uniquely styled cosmetic. Prime frames and such are okay for this because they have boosted stats, but not for a tailor made cosmetic item that has no effect on gameplay.

DE shouldn't make the Drop Rate of such things so bloody low when it already takes a huge amount of time to get these things. Asking DE to allow us to buy these things is honestly just encouraging some crappy business practises.

It takes what, 20 minutes? 30? To get to C rotation of SO/ESO and you have a 1% chance of getting a somewhat hot feet cosmetic? Bloody hell. As if Lato/Braton Vandal wasn't low enough.

The ones that drop from Profit Taker are supposedly limited time and only have a 3% Drop? No. Don't encourage them to "Grace" us with the ability to 'skip the grind' and just give them money. If anything, encourage them to start actually rewarding us for our time invested into the game, rather than just throwing 1% Drops at us and just saying "here, that's a thing. go get i guess, lol."

Edited by MulticolourkomodoDragon

10 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

That's entirely your opinion, just cause you don't want to go back "old content" doesn't mean that counts for everyone. Plus low drop rates ain't new for warframe.

I used to think warframe had low drop rates, then I played Black Desert Online.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb -Defeater-:

no one wants to revisit old content. if youve grinded all your focus, got all the stuff from stalker etc, you dont want to go put more time into farming those areas of the game. its good for people who still need to do it, but im pretty sure i remember them saying this is something vets will be interested in. im positive most people do not want to go back and farm stuff with less than 5% drop rates in old content, it just seems lazy. this is why i said if not with plat, just put them in something new. its just a trail of stuff behind you, not prime parts, not arcanes, it has no stat effects or game play to it, its just a cosmetic. the last place it should be put is into old content with stupid low drop rates

it made me play arbitrations and i dont need endo. It made me play eso and i don't need focus. They should stay untradeable and we should get more untradeable skins and such in these missions.

However, I believe putting newer ones behind a token system like the blood one might be better than a 3.5 day continuous ESO session.

Edited by Radagosh

Pretty sure the point of the ephemeras is for them to be rare, as I suppose DE feels free cosmetics should be. It's also probably the safest 'rare' reward to put in a node to motivate continued play without feeling like exclusionary power. 

That said, I'm fine with it being rare, though that's personal bias because I dislike the style of these ephemra's and want them as out of the way as possible to encounter. If a toggle is ever added though, which lord please allow us to have a toggle DE, go ape with availability. 

vor 9 Stunden schrieb -Defeater-:

ifs your opinion that this is incorrect, and unless we made a poll of all high level mr players, we wouldnt be able to know, it just seems to me its not a stretch to say people dont want to play the same crap again for a less than 5% drop. 

Explain me how a opinion can be incorrect?
I agree that it gets repetitive and sometimes annoying things being locked behind RNG but if you voice your opinion, say that about you and dont say *we*, or *most people*

By the way since i am already here, just to mention something

vor 10 Stunden schrieb -Defeater-:

did i get under your skin? you said you were out twice dude, idk what else you want here

i can have an opinion, my opinion is that most people dont want early prime part level % drop rates in old content. to me, that seems pretty obvious. we had a whole year of almost no content, then they release this sub par event, and add ephemera into content weve been keeping ourselves busy with since last year. if you want that trend to continue, please say so now, if not, you disagree, and therefore should try posing an alternative, or describe how putting new items into old content helps the game. as i see it, its just lazy on DEs part. it gains 0 revenue for them, and putting them in the market or hey, maybe making them trade able, would net them some sort of possible income.

as is its an annoying farm for most of them for no reason, other than people can say they got them, which doesnt really mean much. i got the electric one from exploiter in my first few runs getting hildren parts. i dont feel special, i dont think i achieved something, its just luck. its the same reason prime versions of things arent that impressive, its just luck. im more interested in things like johnprodman posters, cause thats something you work towards, not just randomly get. therefore, if they dont want to put them in new challenging content, at least put them in the market or let us trade them to fund future updates. 

First of all, we got alot of content in 2018, the other two Eidolons The Gantulyst and Hydrolyst, we got the Sanctuary Onslaught Update, a Main Quest The Sacrifice, Mask of Revenant update Chimera and Fortuna + 4 new primes from Zephyr Prime, Limbo Prime, Chroma Prime,and Mesa Prime + their Weapons Primes and around 3 Prime Vaults as well we got shown Railjack content in 2018 which isnt out yet, so your statement "we had a whole year of almost no content," is not correct and its like an Insult to DE.

And coming back to the "you said you were out twice dude, idk what else you want here" Quote, look closely what you said and then read your Comment

vor 10 Stunden schrieb -Defeater-:

instead i got @ EquinoxPrime dodging the argument and just slaying me with emoji ad hominem, and now youd rather swear at me than stay on topic. 

You literally mentioned or tagged that person.
Dont be rude to them and then say "idk what else you want here" when you literally mentioned someone so they get a notification and then answer you about it!
If you watched Tennocon and Devstreams you would know that they work on Content and it seems like 2019- early 2020 will be huge, they just dont rush big things like Railjack and The New War.

I only need to read the first half of the page 1 comments here to see that you are actively trying to dodge incoming solid argument in a desperate attempt to run away from reality and the fact that you goofed hard in this "argument".

Like, even after getting solid proof, in form of a screenshot, of someone's MR being 26, you still claim them to be "low MR".

That's just sad, man. It would be better for you to just leave it right there and stop replying to people. You're only making your situation worse.

Also, /inb4 lock.

1 hour ago, xMarvin732 said:

Explain me how a opinion can be incorrect?
I agree that it gets repetitive and sometimes annoying things being locked behind RNG but if you voice your opinion, say that about you and dont say *we*, or *most people*

By the way since i am already here, just to mention something

First of all, we got alot of content in 2018, the other two Eidolons The Gantulyst and Hydrolyst, we got the Sanctuary Onslaught Update, a Main Quest The Sacrifice, Mask of Revenant update Chimera and Fortuna + 4 new primes from Zephyr Prime, Limbo Prime, Chroma Prime,and Mesa Prime + their Weapons Primes and around 3 Prime Vaults as well we got shown Railjack content in 2018 which isnt out yet, so your statement "we had a whole year of almost no content," is not correct and its like an Insult to DE.

And coming back to the "you said you were out twice dude, idk what else you want here" Quote, look closely what you said and then read your Comment

You literally mentioned or tagged that person.
Dont be rude to them and then say "idk what else you want here" when you literally mentioned someone so they get a notification and then answer you about it!
If you watched Tennocon and Devstreams you would know that they work on Content and it seems like 2019- early 2020 will be huge, they just dont rush big things like Railjack and The New War.

i wasnt saying your opinion thats incorrect, i was saying its your opinion that i was incorrect. without knowing for sure theres no way i can know im right or you can know youre right. and yea we did get poe and all the other stuff, but compared to other years it wasnt a lot, and DE have publicly acknowledged this. the whole year was mostly tennogen and very small updates compared to previous years. also, that guy and i were kinda being rude to eachother, not it makes it right that i was rude, but either way we both ended up dropping our attitude. 

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

I only need to read the first half of the page 1 comments here to see that you are actively trying to dodge incoming solid argument in a desperate attempt to run away from reality and the fact that you goofed hard in this "argument".

Like, even after getting solid proof, in form of a screenshot, of someone's MR being 26, you still claim them to be "low MR".

That's just sad, man. It would be better for you to just leave it right there and stop replying to people. You're only making your situation worse.

Also, /inb4 lock.

your first sentence shows you havent actually read anything, your second shows you really havent read anything, because it was a conversation with 2 different people, in which i was mistaken in thinking it showed your in game MR on your profile. you then call the situation sad because it offers no actual conversation while adding nothing of value to the conversation, which is icing on the cake dude, please read things before commenting, youve made yourself look a little silly. dont bother commenting unless you wanna actually discuss the situation 

inb4 comment that once again adds nothing to the conversation

16 minutes ago, -Defeater- said:

Inb4 comment that once again adds nothing to the conversation

Maybe a little bit?

DE acknowledged the content drought, it was indeed a thing. I have hopes it’ll get better later on in the year.

Also, if everyone could stop blowing stuff out of proportion that’d be great. I’ve honestly just been having a day the past couple of days and sometimes it comes out in ways I wish it wouldn’t. We’ve apologized and moved on, it’s not gonna happen again.

Now... Ephemera!

Probably going to try and go for Blazing Step when I’m on vacation, I’ll report back with results. I got really lucky with Seeding Step, shouldn’t have to be that way. Getting to Rot C Arbitration solo was an ordeal, but it only took two runs to get it. Not exactly something to be proud of imo, but at least it’s pretty.

14 hours ago, EquinoxPrime said:

Ephemera are not required or mandatory, they are for Tenno that want to go the extra mile and have something to show for it.

With the amount of effort and patience it takes to get them, nothing says slap in the face like putting Ephemera on the market.

Reveal hidden contents

K2mmtCL.png

RNG isn't an accomplishment though. There are some players who get it in a few runs and other who grind hundreds and never see it. Who went the extra mile?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

RNG isn't an accomplishment though. There are some players who get it in a few runs and other who grind hundreds and never see it. Who went the extra mile?

I just acknowledged that in my previous post, above yours. I agree with you.

A lot of what I say sounds contradictory because I speak before I think, then I go back and adjust where necessary. Prime example are my first few posts in this thread. Not proud of it, but I’m only human.

Anyway, as an afterthought, how about Ephemera specific challenges kinda like the ones mentioned above? Instead of a 2% drop chance in Arbitration, how about getting to Rot C Arbitration 10 times or something as a requirement/unlock for the blueprint. Amount of times could be adjusted as necessary, we’re decidedly not elite so not sure if 10 is a good amount or not. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by EquinoxPrime
Afterthought

ESO Ephemera is a biggest pain for me. There is no way to speed up the grind. And it is grind only. Mindless slaughter. I find ESO extremely boring and drop rates do not help at all. This one will probably take years.

Orb Ephemeras are much better. The fight itself have not gone stale yet, there is no meta and I actually have to aim if I want to go faster. More importantly - I can go faster. If I aim. And it is 3% in addition to Toroids and a ton of Vallis mats.

Arbitration is not so bad - I do enjoy an occasional Excavation, there is no such thing as too many statues for me and endless rotation C certainly keeps spirits up. But I can not help but wonder: what happened to a promised rework?

Hexis tokens Ephemera is weird. Easy to get if you play Arbitration’s, but it is just... ugly. Is it me or Arbiters have no taste then it comes to cosmetics?

Stalker... well he may take years, true, but he shows up in different missions. Somehow it feels less grindy?

1 час назад, EquinoxPrime сказал:

A lot of what I say sounds contradictory because I speak before I think, then I go back and adjust where necessary.

Your Warframe suits you!

3 hours ago, EquinoxPrime said:

I just acknowledged that in my previous post, above yours. I agree with you.

A lot of what I say sounds contradictory because I speak before I think, then I go back and adjust where necessary. Prime example are my first few posts in this thread. Not proud of it, but I’m only human.

Anyway, as an afterthought, how about Ephemera specific challenges kinda like the ones mentioned above? Instead of a 2% drop chance in Arbitration, how about getting to Rot C Arbitration 10 times or something as a requirement/unlock for the blueprint. Amount of times could be adjusted as necessary, we’re decidedly not elite so not sure if 10 is a good amount or not. 🤦‍♀️

I think a pity timer of sorts could work. Make it where every run you don't get it increases the drop chance by 2%. So if the item has a 3% drop chance then the next mis soon will be 3.06%. Every 5 runs makes it 10% and it would have double the drop chance after 50. This way it's still a grind but at least you get better odds over time.

If you don't want any RNG them just create a blueprint for it that requires X tokens and each token type is guaranteed upon completing the specific objective. So after reaching C rotation in Arbitration X times you can craft the ephemera. If more than 1 drops then it requires another X tokens. This makes it so that you don't lose your normal reward and also gives you a guaranteed ephemera for grinding a specific mission type.

18 hours ago, EquinoxPrime said:

Except when it comes to Riven disposition changes, they were never intended to be fixed values in the first place.

GGocnfK.png

From the Devstream #123 Overview.

Subject to change? Sure, but you seem to speak a lot on laziness for someone that isn't willing to put effort into acquiring them. Go big or go home. 🤷‍♀️

And where is this specific challenge? It's more like a test of luck to me. I've grinded out everything from ESO and Arbitration so I totally completed the specific challenges right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I think a pity timer of sorts could work. Make it where every run you don't get it increases the drop chance by 2%. So if the item has a 3% drop chance then the next mis soon will be 3.06%. Every 5 runs makes it 10% and it would have double the drop chance after 50. This way it's still a grind but at least you get better odds over time.

If you don't want any RNG them just create a blueprint for it that requires X tokens and each token type is guaranteed upon completing the specific objective. So after reaching C rotation in Arbitration X times you can craft the ephemera. If more than 1 drops then it requires another X tokens. This makes it so that you don't lose your normal reward and also gives you a guaranteed ephemera for grinding a specific mission type.

Sounds like a solid idea to me. 😊

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

And where is this specific challenge? It's more like a test of luck to me. I've grinded out everything from ESO and Arbitration so I totally completed the specific challenges right?

Read later into the thread, we've moved past that. Not saying you're wrong because you're not at all. 👍