Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Defeater-

Ephemera

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I think a pity timer of sorts could work. Make it where every run you don't get it increases the drop chance by 2%. So if the item has a 3% drop chance then the next mis soon will be 3.06%. Every 5 runs makes it 10% and it would have double the drop chance after 50. This way it's still a grind but at least you get better odds over time.

If you don't want any RNG them just create a blueprint for it that requires X tokens and each token type is guaranteed upon completing the specific objective. So after reaching C rotation in Arbitration X times you can craft the ephemera. If more than 1 drops then it requires another X tokens. This makes it so that you don't lose your normal reward and also gives you a guaranteed ephemera for grinding a specific mission type.

Sounds like a solid idea to me. ūüėä

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

And where is this specific challenge? It's more like a test of luck to me. I've grinded out everything from ESO and Arbitration so I totally completed the specific challenges right?

Read later into the thread, we've moved past that. Not saying you're wrong because you're not at all. ūüĎć

18 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

They're not meant to be bought with plat though, the point of their placement is to have something to showoff as a accomplishment like the day 1000 armor. There needs to be more cosmetics hidden away in the game that take effort to get. Plus it's a reason to visit old content.

If you really really need a ephemera, get the bloody one it's 20 essence from the arbritaions store

Theres a 1k days armor? Wtf o.o

for me is ok about the drop rate, i though smoke body ephemera will cost me ages to get but, got it today but i'm quite dissapointed of the appareance... but, the achievement was reached

now farm the other ones will be the challange, anyway the ephemeras is a symbl of atenno farmer prestige

0/32 on Exploiter Orb and sad boy atm. ūüėĘ I just wanted the ice one cuz it's my favorite element (and often neglected in games) but whatever.

I got around 30k Cryotic left over after making Sibear long ago and nothing to do with it cuz who cares about Vets who've already played your game a lot, right?

Just RNG matters and being ultra lucky...

The only thing grindy about them to me so far is that I have to get an item from Arbitrations in order to actually build it. The smoke one dropped from stalker and the pugs I was with were super happy. Now I need Ash Systems and Arbitration juice in order to make it.

Honestly though, it is just a miscellaneous cosmetic. I'd rather see more that were unlocked by achievements rather than RNG however.

I am perfectly fine with Ephemeras being restricted this way and not available for X :platinum:. Even though I'm perfectly aware I'll never have the Fiery one (ESO) because I am maxed in all Focus Schools and ESO is kinda boring so I'll never get there again.

But they'll add a layer of distinction, for player to show something that is not immediately buyable (unlike Primes, Warframes, regular Cosmetics and so on).

3 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

0/32 on Exploiter Orb and sad boy atm. ūüėĘ I just wanted the ice one cuz it's my favorite element (and often neglected in games) but whatever.

I got around 30k¬†Cryotic left over after makingÔĽŅ Sibear long ago¬†and nothing to do with it cuz who cares about Vets who've already played your game a lot, right?

Just RNG matters and being ultra lucky...

just got mine today after almost 60 runs, and while it is annoying that its rng based, the fight was a pretty good one, and at least it was new content. it did get a little stale halfway through though. wouldve been nice if you could buy things with the toroids or something like how they have the zaw parts to buy on the plains during the infested events. i have all the fortuna stuff done already, though i can see a new player loving this event with all the resources you get from it.

Il y a 10 heures, rand0mname a dit :

ESO Ephemera is a biggest pain for me. There is no way to speed up the grind. And it is grind only. Mindless slaughter. I find ESO extremely boring and drop rates do not help at all. This one will probably take years.

Orb Ephemeras are much better. The fight itself have not gone stale yet, there is no meta and I actually have to aim if I want to go faster. More importantly - I can go faster. If I aim. And it is 3% in addition to Toroids and a ton of Vallis mats.

Arbitration is not so bad - I do enjoy an occasional Excavation, there is no such thing as too many statues for me and endless rotation C certainly keeps spirits up. But I can not help but wonder: what happened to a promised rework?

Hexis tokens Ephemera is weird. Easy to get if you play Arbitration’s, but it is just... ugly. Is it me or Arbiters have no taste then it comes to cosmetics?

Stalker... well he may take years, true, but he shows up in different missions. Somehow it feels less grindy?

Your Warframe suits you!

Well, all this ephemera is just side bonus cosmetics.

Anyway I will go to ESO to xp my Fusilai and get the "3 format" nightwave challenge.

Arbitrations always give a solid income of endo and a little Adaptation mods can be sold so if i drop a Ephemera is just plain bonus.

Im not truly in Orb hunting now so for the others it will be in the far future.

Whatever i dont focus on this cosmetics so dont get mad with the probabilities.

And it's true that the blob-like blood is ugly like hell. It's look like the first Mortal Kombat effects on Genesis console.

On 2019-03-17 at 3:15 AM, -Defeater- said:

no one wants to revisit old content. if youve grinded all your focus, got all the stuff from stalker etc, you dont want to go put more time into farming those areas of the game. its good for people who still need to do it, but im pretty sure i remember them saying this is something vets will be interested in. im positive most people do not want to go back and farm stuff with less than 5% drop rates in old content, it just seems lazy. this is why i said if not with plat, just put them in something new. its just a trail of stuff behind you, not prime parts, not arcanes, it has no stat effects or game play to it, its just a cosmetic. the last place it should be put is into old content with stupid low drop rates

Then you obviously don't need it since it doesn't seem to be worth your time.

On an example of how much it can take to get the Seeding Step one, I got after getting a total of 78 Vitus Essence. I usually did 1h-2h runs, so miss about 75% of these come from Rotations C exclusively, which means about 58-59 Rotations C. Since the drop rate is 2%, this means and average of 50 tries until success, and a standard deviation of that of about 49 tries (lookup "Geometric Distribution probability" to see the math for yourself), meaning it can take from 50*10 min to 99*10 min, or in short, 8.3h~16.5h, not counting the first 20 min in each try (in my case, almost 10 hours worth of grinding). Pics on https://imgur.com/a/zovaFbJ

SfbFbyn.jpg

These ain't challenges. It's what has already been said, and will be always said: it's a luck game. It's supposed to feed compulsive behavior, not entertain or challenge.

DE doesn't "understand that when we say 'more challenge' we want 'more RNG'". DE knows that we eat whatever it throws, without regarding of how it throws. DE understand that its community have already sedimented enough to be stable and provide enough income. They don't care about meeting their words, about making "a challenge" not be a "grind against this dice until you win" and instead a "surpass this wall that 5~10% of the players are able to". They care about producing content that will take long enough to be consumed until they have produced more. It's just that. Proof of that is how often they'll come out on these situations and say "we did bad, we'll do better". IF they do something, they'll say "we heard your feedback" and bump the rates a bit. They won't put Ephemeras as purchases from NPCs that are only unlocked if you did something like "Completed Exploiter Orb Fight under 6 minutes", or "Solo Exploiter Orb Fight without Dying or Becoming Downed", or "Survive 4 Arbitration Rotations in a row Alone", or "Complete 10 Arbitration Rotations in a row". They'll do the easiest, that is to put a RNG grind wall, and watch we squirm fighting between ourselves as we either attack or defend their behavior.

Also: THE SEEDING STEP EPHEMERA EFFECT IS FOKING TINY. Please, BUFF IT. EVEN IF IT'S JUST FOR THE PLAYER.

I got the Blazing Ephemera from my very first attempt of ESO. I feel zero sense of accomplishment.
Been trying for hours & hours to get all of the other Ephemeras and got jack.

It should be achievement-based, not luck-based.

Even when I got lucky, I still didn't feel good with myself.

Plus, the idea of playing ESO again sucks for me now, since it's possible I could get the Blazing Ephemera again, and thus basically get nothing for my Zone 8 reward as they aren't tradeable and I already got it.

They are absolutely not worth farming with such bad drop rates.

They don't represent skill in any form.

Their purpose was to give players a sense of getting a reward for completing the defined task but instead DE made them into Luck based grind.

Whomsoever decided to implement them this way just needs a reality check.

Hopefully DE can fix this.

On 2019-03-17 at 7:07 AM, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

They're ÔĽŅnot meant to be bought with plat though, the point of their¬†placement is to have something to showoff as a accomplishment like the day 1000 armor. There needs to be more cosmetics hidden away in the game that ÔĽŅtake effort to getÔĽŅ.

It's so weird to me that people keep saying this as if it's a good thing. Usually with f2p games people will say monetizing cosmetics is okay but buying power is not, that should be gameplay-only. With WF it's the other way around, nobody objects to the fact that you can buy pretty much anything and everything that gives you power, and gameplay-only cosmetics are lauded by the community.

Hello Guys

I just wanted to add some input to this topic. Yesterday night after reading the comments, someone suggested to do clem's weekly with nekros in order to get the Ash systems. I was able to get the piece in my first run. Just wanted to let everyone know so you guys get an idea on what to try. Good luck!!!

On 2019-04-14 at 12:07 AM, R4dioS1lence said:

On an example of how much it can take to get the Seeding Step one, I got after getting a total of 78 Vitus Essence. I usually did 1h-2h runs, so miss about 75% of these come from Rotations C exclusively, which means about 58-59 Rotations C. Since the drop rate is 2%, this means and average of 50 tries until success, and a standard deviation of that of about 49 tries (lookup "Geometric Distribution probability" to see the math for yourself), meaning it can take from 50*10 min to 99*10 min, or in short, 8.3h~16.5h, not counting the first 20 min in each try (in my case, almost 10 hours worth of grinding). Pics on https://imgur.com/a/zovaFbJ

SfbFbyn.jpg

These ain't challenges. It's what has already been said, and will be always said: it's a luck game. It's supposed to feed compulsive behavior, not entertain or challenge.

DE doesn't "understand that when we say 'more challenge' we want 'more RNG'". DE knows that we eat whatever it throws, without regarding of how it throws. DE understand that its community have already sedimented enough to be stable and provide enough income. They don't care about meeting their words, about making "a challenge" not be a "grind against this dice until you win" and instead a "surpass this wall that 5~10% of the players are able to". They care about producing content that will take long enough to be consumed until they have produced more. It's just that. Proof of that is how often they'll come out on these situations and say "we did bad, we'll do better". IF they do something, they'll say "we heard your feedback" and bump the rates a bit. They won't put Ephemeras as purchases from NPCs that are only unlocked if you did something like "Completed Exploiter Orb Fight under 6 minutes", or "Solo Exploiter Orb Fight without Dying or Becoming Downed", or "Survive 4 Arbitration Rotations in a row Alone", or "Complete 10 Arbitration Rotations in a row". They'll do the easiest, that is to put a RNG grind wall, and watch we squirm fighting between ourselves as we either attack or defend their behavior.

Also: THE SEEDING STEP EPHEMERA EFFECT IS FOKING TINY. Please, BUFF IT. EVEN IF IT'S JUST FOR THE PLAYER.

+ it takes 3 days to craft it... like why??? Why on earth do ephemeras need 3 days of crafting. 

12 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

It's so weird to me that people keep saying this as if it's a good thing. Usually with f2p games people will say monetizing cosmetics is okay but buying power is not, that should be gameplay-only. With WF it's the other way around, nobody objects to the fact that you can buy pretty much anything and everything that gives you power, and gameplay-only cosmetics are lauded by the community.

People don't like games where you HAVE to buy power.  Warframe you can farm all the power should you choose.

Many people don't want warframe to be like other f2p games - its fine they go their own way.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

People don't like games where you HAVE to buy power.  Warframe you can farm all the power should you choose.

Many people don't want warframe to be like other f2p games - its fine they go their own way.

There's no clear dividing line between those, though. How much grind does a game have to ask of you before "can buy power" becomes "have to buy power"? For a lot of people, not much. And Warframe requires a lot of grind.

Just now, SordidDreams said:

There's no clear dividing line between those, though. How much grind does a game hav eto ask of you before "can buy power" becomes "have to buy power"? For a lot of people, not much. And Warframe requires a lot of grind.

It actually doesn't require much grind to have a lot of power.  Now if you want to have every frame and weapon, and every frame and weapon that you have to have lots of power, then yes it does.  But with two or three frames and 3 weapons you can have as much power as is required to do ANY content in WF easily.

The loop of warframe is collecting.  If they reduce the grind, the loop is broken and there is no reason to play - because you don't need all the gear to play all the content.

Just now, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

It actually doesn't require much grind to have a lot of power.  Now if you want to have every frame and weapon, and every frame and weapon that you have to have lots of power, then yes it does.  But with two or three frames and 3 weapons you can have as much power as is required to do ANY content in WF easily.

The loop of warframe is collecting.  If they reduce the grind, the loop is broken and there is no reason to play - because you don't need all the gear to play all the content.

Technically yes, if you know which frames and guns to go for. Which you won't without a lot of grind to give you the experience required to gain that knowledge.

If grind was so essential to the fun the game provides, that would be all the more reason to remove the ability to buy power, because then by buying power players would be reducing the fun they have with the game. But that's not the case at all, such a f2p game would never work, nobody would pay to have less fun. It's the other way around, grind detracts from the fun in order to motivate players to pay up so they can skip it and get to the fun part. Grind is not the reason to play, it's in the way of the reason to play. That's the whole point of it.

On 2019-03-17 at 9:00 AM, -Defeater- said:

Please let us buy them with plat at some point. At least the the drop chance for them will make sense. As it is now its just an extra grind on top of things people already grinded, it doesnt make sense to put them in drop tables of content thats so old. If not buying them with plat, please put them somewhere else, because as is it sorta just seems like lazy placement. i mean some make sense where they are, like shadow being on stalker, but i can tell you that noone who has played this game long enough to get all the stuff from stalker wants to go and farm him again. same goes for the other stuff theyre put in. 

I agree with the stalker one.

It is hard to get him to spawn without the beacon and the drop chance is pretty ridiculous. 5% means 1 in 20 attempts statistically.

And an as insult to injury, Baro didn't bring stalker beacons in the last 2 months or so. 

On 2019-05-01 at 12:46 PM, undeas said:

+ it takes 3 days to craft it... like why??? Why on earth do ephemeras need 3 days of crafting. 

So you pay 50p if you want it that fast. Cash grab for compulsive players (that is, over half of the player base), or people who just don't want to wait and have the plat around.
On that topic I don't complain a lot. DE ties planning ahead and sinking plat out of people who can pay or don't want to wait with their game design, and doesn't hurt the players on the way compulsive traps like really low odds does. On starting players, you have too much to build, and too few slots to have a lot of things, you end up building things and letting them sit on foundry, or building one thing and getting the older one. This kind of planning is nice, even if it might be too much to ask of a new player, since they can be easily mislead into thinking "plat is NECESSARY for A LOT OF THINGS" (until they do a boss 20 times only getting Chassis, and start seeing that plat number as a better option).

Also, on another note to compare, just got Blazing Step after a week or so doing ESO solo, one try per day (been doing it to fill Syndicates rep fast). Either DE buffed the odds, or it was ridiculous luck.

On 2019-05-01 at 12:19 PM, (XB1)Andf89 said:

Hello Guys

I just wanted to add some input to this topic. Yesterday night after reading the comments, someone suggested to do clem's weekly with nekros in order to get the Ash systems. I was able to get the piece in my first run. Just wanted to let everyone know so you guys get an idea on what to try. Good luck!!!

The last Defection mission (Yursa on Neptune, I think) is the best place. Even when solo, that mission is guaranteed to spawn a mimic after 5 minutes in (less than the 10~15 on Grineer Survival, plus, Clem weekly might not be against Grineer, which makes it not useful in those cases). Plus, if you have other players, more Manics are guaranteed to spawn.

And on the note of the mission, yes, it's Defection. And yes, you can do two rescues only (takes 3 minutes) to already enable extraction. Then you sit at the exit until the Manics spawn.

Le 17/03/2019 à 07:07, (XB1)The Neko Otaku a dit :

They're not meant to be bought with plat though, the point of their placement is to have something to showoff as a accomplishment

Ye, luck is officially an accomplishment now xD

EDIT: guess I've beaten the dead horse ops. Should've read the topic first

I am in a "veteran" (high Mrs, hours in k's, high competence) clan and most of my folk didnt have much problem with obtaining them except for the blazing. 

The grind for me looked like this:

3 seeding - a semi decent number of c rotations, didnt even count as i do arbitrations from time to time. Around 70-90 vitus worth.

Bloody - a joke, but its ugly as hell (only works in white for nsfw content XD) 

stalker - my god i was lucky, first stalker after update.. thou i still have no despair from him. Worse was ash, i deleted 20ish (i think) systems to clean inventory week before ephemeras.. XD 

2 freezing + shocking - got 200+ toroids from the runs, you can evaluate how many runs that was. 

Blazing - not there yet. Around 20 runs after update. I did probably more than 200 c rota runs of eso before the update (10+ lato/braton sets, max focus) 

They are incosistent in the way they are obtained and how much work they require. That kinda sucks. They are in no way given for a skill "challenge", they are from what seems to be the case, a reward for completing a hardcore grind rng challenge. Like most of the shiny things in warframe. 

All ephemeras except for stalker are in semi new content, most (4) in newest content so the point about revisiting old content is not really on point in my opinion. Maybe regarding eso as a focus farm that ends for some players at a point.. So its not useful for them regarding time for rewards with that c rota. 

In no way at any point should they be for platinum or tradeable, except for maybe one new (coin/gold/platinum ephemera) as plat grind is also somewhat of a hardcore grind challenge. There is literally nothing "elite" in wf and i think something should be. Ephemeras are not a bad choice. 

All in all its not that bad, thou i wished there was a system as proposed by someone here: You either get lucky or work towards it (like count for eso runs and you get ephemera after 100th c rotations completed).. but if the system is in place i wished it worked for a lot of other things as well (like assassin weapons?).. and there will be cry for prime parts and things that are pretty much easily obtainable to have that as well. 

I dont understand how 4 are by 2 in one encounter, why they are not spread like exploiter/profit taker and arbitrations just the seeding and bloody for ducats for example (3-5k would be probably a good number thou it should be less ugly for baro to aprove XD) .

Maybe they all should end up in some sort of store like arbitrations one. Just give the "elite X cred" for completing those X things that reward them and make "elite shop" with all of them. Prices around 100-200 creds per. So yeah dont get stalker, kill him 100 times you will get it.