Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ephemera

-Defeater-

I am really having a problem with this drop rate. MR 27 almost 5600 hours of game play without an Ephemera. You have this random MR 11 with 170 hours and have a Smoking Body Ephemera. And you are telling me that he have achieved a milestone that I cannot...I call BS at Digital Extreme with the RNG.

1 hour ago, FuzzyRamen said:

I am really having a problem with this drop rate. MR 27 almost 5600 hours of game play without an Ephemera. You have this random MR 11 with 170 hours and have a Smoking Body Ephemera. And you are telling me that he have achieved a milestone that I cannot...I call BS at Digital Extreme with the RNG.

RNG doesn't mean that if you have a x percent chance at something you're guaranteed to get the item after x number of runs though. It just means that you are likely to have had it drop, but the drop chances stay the same. Like I can have a 1/6 chance at rolling a 6 on a dice, but if I roll a dice 6 times, it doesn't mean I'm guaranteed get a 6.

That's the sucky part of RNG though. Just luck at the end of the day. 

11 hours ago, LupoDWolf said:

got the stalker one in his first appearence after the implementation of it. Never got hate from him.

you aren't right, but you aren't wrong. Some should NOT be tradeable, but other should be. Boss ones, if they drop more than one, for exemple. But ESO and Arbitrations ones shouldn't.

Why differentiate? 

I see exactly zero reason that Ephemera shouldn't be tradeable across the board. 

17 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

RNG doesn't mean that if you have a x percent chance at something you're guaranteed to get the item after x number of runs though. It just means that you are likely to have had it drop, but the drop chances stay the same. Like I can have a 1/6 chance at rolling a 6 on a dice, but if I roll a dice 6 times, it doesn't mean I'm guaranteed get a 6.

That's the sucky part of RNG though. Just luck at the end of the day. 

You're right about how RNG works, but that's not his point.  If an ephemera is supposed to mark a milestone, or completion of a challenge, it can't be RNG.  What has that MR11 guy done that the MR27 guy hasn't?  Probably nothing.  So how did he achieve this "milestone?"  Answer: ephemeras in their current form are not serving the idea that they are the mark of milestones or challenges as they were intended to.  Except the bleeding body one.  All the others are "you got lucky."

8 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Why differentiate? 

I see exactly zero reason that Ephemera shouldn't be tradeable across the board. 

Because they're supposed to mark a milestone or challenge.  In their current form as nearly pure RNG, sure.  Make em tradable.  If they were actually marks of milestones or challenges, then they should not be tradable lest they lose their meaning.

And before anyone says anything, no, "you just haven't done the mode enough" is not a milestone.  I've done way more C rotation arbitrations than one of my friends, yet he has the seeding step and I don't.  If anyone hasn't done it enough to reach the milestone, shouldn't it be him?

Eh IMHO I really don't like anything about the Empemera implementation. I'd be totally OK if they where something you could trade but the incredibly low drop chance coupled with the fact that most of them come from game modes that I just simply can't stand and no not in a git gud way, I am very capable of running them. They simply instill upon me all the excitement and sense of accomplishment of watching paint dry. 

I've got both the Ice and Shocking step Ephemera because I apparently played the Exploiter enough, because I actually enjoyed that fight...... which reminds me I finally broke down and bought Boruug or whatever and that's probably what my foundry has been complaining at me about for the last two days that I couldn't be bothered to check. So guess I collect those parts and put them back in the foundry for final assembly for the next however many days. I think the rambling point is that I really don't care about Ephemera and it's a combination of the fact they can't be traded coupled by a poor implementation on where they are acquired with respect to my tastes in gameplay. Also I give exactly zero heccs about Baruke(?) for a similar reason that locking frames behind faction grindwalls is something I generally find quite unenjoyable....... I get it you want me to do "the thing"....... no...

I might be willing to buy them for plat, I might be willing to trade for them...... there might come a day where I have just literally NOTHING to do and finally say hecc it...... I mean I did level out essentially most of the waybound nodes, tho I doubt I'll ever finish a focus tree because focus is such a slog. 

I suppose my problem with Ephemera is similar to my issue with Arcanes, they don't make me dislike the content they are locked behind any less...... all they really do is reward the people who already play that content. By locking Ephemera out of trading it just forces me to decide if I like them more than I hate the content they are locked behind. 

AND DO NOT EVEN GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE 72hr CRAFTING TIME

Like srsly WHY? If you have a blueprint for one you've probably already

1. ground your fingers to the bone until you probably borderline hate the game, however long that took.
  2. Spent 12 hours crafting whatever Warframe component the Ephemera require 
  3. then spend another 3 days crafting the actual Ephemera because ....... reasons?

I dunno that doesn't sound like a reward for my efforts it sounds like a "Congratulations you did the thing, now hurry up and wait moar!" 

53 minutes ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Because they're supposed to mark a milestone or challenge.  In their current form as nearly pure RNG, sure.  Make em tradable.  If they were actually marks of milestones or challenges, then they should not be tradable lest they lose their meaning.

If they want them to mark milestones just tie them to steam achievements or whatever achievement system the platform the are on already hooks into. 

tho I suspect the reason they didn't was because then they would just be handing out free ephemera to a ton of people every time they added them because a lot of people at this point have already surpassed any sane requisites they would be setting. Or they would have to set them to some incredibly stupid number that would just turn most of the playerbase off completely. I mean as it stands the Blood Ephemera was pretty much "free" to anyone who already played a ton of.... ugh not Onslaught or Nightwave..... my brain is fighting it's existence ummm....... Arbitrations. 

So functionally if they where actually achievement based then DE would just be handing them out like candy. They aren't achievements they are RNG and the worst kind of RNG. That being RNG that is essentially a totally dead drop for me when it comes up the 2nd time because there is literally nothing I can do with it but hoard it like Oberon parts in the event that I might possibly ever need a bajillion credits. Except unlike Oberon drops (which are actually usefull as a piggybank) Ehpemera are so rare that they are functionally a dead drop the 2nd time you get them..... tho not quite as terribad as the Ghoul Lore whoozles once you've finished the Ghoul Lore.... course that's assuming collecting all 52(?) wasn't enough to burn you out on that event FOREVER~ 

Sad really because IMHO the Segor Sevah/Venari lore is the best lore in the game, actually cried. 

Cause any "achievement" they could actually tie them to has either 

• Already been completed by their target demographic an eternity ago
  • Or is something that everyone else is going to absolutely hate to do. 

Guess my thing there is Achievement based Ephemera really just don't work and without trading, RNG base Ephemera are just miserable. 

If they want them to be "achievement" based the only way I can think of that would sorta maybe kinda work would be to put them into Nightwave. Probably on the Reward track somewhere. But then they run into the issue where that is something that vanishes every season unless they made it a "choose your Ephemera" whoozle. At least Nightwave is based on actually playing the game and not just mindlessly repeating a single game mode until you brute force the thing. 

Edited by Oreades

Community:
  - We want exclusive items.

DE:
  - Ok guys, let's add a somewhat meaningless cosmetic.

Anyone from the community that doesn't have the exclusive cosmetic:
  - It's bad design since everyone don't have it, there should be a way everyone can earn it ASAP. ("everyone" actually meaning "I")

INB4:
DE:
  - OK, we've made the new ones earnable.

Anyone from the community that can't be bothered to do more than 5 runs of a single mission:
  - Too much farm, no lifing required, P2W, DE doesn't listen.

DE:
  - Fine, it requires 1 run of IO

Community:
  - Garbage, casual, no challenge, DE doesn't listen.

Резултат с изображение за rdj rolling eyes

Edited by Ver1dian