Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Mega Suggestions) Dojo As Lobby; Armory, Hangar And Personal Quarters.

_Absolom_

This sound like a great thing to add , though it might take a while to make this real  if the devs decide to take this idea as an start to a new update. I would sure love to have my own personal room a fancy picture frame of gentleMOA :) maybe my own fancy moa statue in there

moa love <3 

• 2 weeks later...

This sound like a great thing to add , though it might take a while to make this real  if the devs decide to take this idea as an start to a new update. I would sure love to have my own personal room a fancy picture frame of gentleMOA :) maybe my own fancy moa statue in there

moa love <3 

MOA love all the way <3

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/124620-moa-research-yes-you-read-that-right/

Are these enough, or do you have more suggestions I should put in?

Suggestions on the Dojo? Of course! Two Words: 'Shooting Range'. You can practice your recoil management, for example. Or, perhaps, you could see how steady your hand is with your new Vectis. Perhaps your gunslinging needs a little work. Or you could simply show off. Either way, it'll be a fine addition to this already impressive Idea. I'll be back, though. I'll come up with yet another addition. At some point...

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestions on the Dojo? Of course! Two Words: 'Shooting Range'. You can practice your recoil management, for example. Or, perhaps, you could see how steady your hand is with your new Vectis. Perhaps your gunslinging needs a little work. Or you could simply show off. Either way, it'll be a fine addition to this already impressive Idea. I'll be back, though. I'll come up with yet another addition. At some point...

They said they will be adding a shooting range. Guess someone will be happy about it :D

Agree with everything. Though for instance in personal rooms in the barracks. each clan memebrs last used tenno (color scheme intact) should be displayed inside the cryopod. While each active tenno will have an empty cryopod. Just something small that would be cool.

Agree with everything. Though for instance in personal rooms in the barracks. each clan memebrs last used tenno (color scheme intact) should be displayed inside the cryopod. While each active tenno will have an empty cryopod. Just something small that would be cool.

Thank you for this. Putting it into thread and giving you the credits sir.

I'm not seeing this as a priority. It sounds cool on paper but in pratical terms i wouldn't like it very much (it's not a very original concept and i don't think it suits Warframe)

P.S. and like stated before by another fellow tenno i don't want to be forced to go into the Dojo. The Dojo is an extra to the game not the core or main 'UI Menu' of the game. Actions that are now simple and fast to perform would take too much time to do, besides this is not Star Wars! 

Nothing against the OP cause this is a great idea, just not for Warframe imo. 

Edited by Bazools

I'm not seeing this as a priority. It sounds cool on paper but in pratical terms i wouldn't like it very much (it's not a very original concept and i don't think it suits Warframe)

P.S. and like stated before by another fellow tenno i don't want to be forced to go into the Dojo. The Dojo is an extra to the game not the core or main 'UI Menu' of the game. Actions that are now simple and fast to perform would take too much time to do, besides this is not Star Wars! 

Nothing against the OP cause this is a great idea, just not for Warframe imo. 

Right now, there is nothing about the Dojo what makes it feel like a real home. This thread was made to change that. You know, most people like a place where they can relax a bit, meet others. If you haven't seen a million threads 'bout a Tenno city or huge base where we could meet others since your joining in July, then I guess you should pay more attention. People are crying for something like this.

Right now, there is nothing about the Dojo what makes it feel like a real home. This thread was made to change that. You know, most people like a place where they can relax a bit, meet others. If you haven't seen a million threads 'bout a Tenno city or huge base where we could meet others since your joining in July, then I guess you should pay more attention. People are crying for something like this.

I've seen the threads (since July!), still i never felt warframe needs anything like that.If i want a game with a home i play Skyrim or something else.

This game is supposed to be fast passed, so imo a Dojo like the one in this thread besides making simple things like choosing a mission take too long (not to mention the rest) it would change the very essence of the game, in fact copying what other games already do.

Next people will want pink trousers and angel wings to customize their frames. 

P.s. It would work just fine for me if the Devs were to make this Dojo/Central Tenno Hub thingy optional (i would even visit from time to time)... then it would be perfectly fine for me but to make it obligatory would just kill the game for me.

Edited by Bazools

I've seen the threads (since July!), still i never felt warframe needs anything like that.If i want a game with a home i play Skyrim or something else.

This game is supposed to be fast passed, so imo a Dojo like the one in this thread besides making simple things like choosing a mission take too long (not to mention the rest) it would change the very essence of the game, in fact copying what other games already do.

Next people will want pink trousers and angel wings to customize their frames. 

P.s. It would work just fine for me if the Devs were to make this Dojo/Central Tenno Hub thingy optional (i would even visit from time to time)... then it would be perfectly fine for me but to make it obligatory would just kill the game for me.

It IS optional. Clan membership IS optional. True story.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Also another thing I have realized being an officer in my relatively small clan ( the relative number being the highest 1k strong moonclan) is that the acquisition of truly "personal rooms", and not just your Barracks cryopod (standard issue), are something that the warlod, generals, or officers (the level of permission of promotion in this case set by the warlord). Recently I was talking with the leader of my clan where he desperately wanted to (I am currently the architect in my clan) give some people a choice to have a room "of their own" to decorate. I believe only the leaders would be the ones to grant you a room which you would then on top of that foot the bill ("clan tax") for. This is because such rooms would both A) take up space requiring accomodation from the architect B) take up capacity and energy slots. This would then allow for say large clans for instance to give personal chambers to distinguished members of the clan, or as a lottery, or allow small clans for to just have a room for everyone.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Also I wonder who are the community managers for these forums as I rarely see any response from DE to posts on here, even so much as a simple, hey we actually read this post.

Alright Buckle up Kids.

Edit 1 

I have decided to start simply posting the ideas and dojo tweaks I thought of here on this thread instead of starting another thread. Since I am a relatively unknown entity to the community as well as not having the founders status. 

Pardon wall of text I will try and make it easier on your soul... er eyes

One critique to the al la Skyrim rested bonus. It definetly should not be both stamina and affinity, I believe it should just be stamina and lowered down to 5% or so (remember we have mods). If the affinty boost is to stay it CANNOT be 10% that is far too much and unbalancing, it would give people in a clan a enormous advantage in grindframe. No I believe a healthier 1.5-5%(Perhaps depending on clan size) to be a better idea. Giving a "nice" bonus without making it feel as if you are playing with a handicap alone.

Bread_30a226_87469.jpg

Edit 2 

A small albeit practical potential. Read POTENTIAL before you rage I am throwing this up for discussion and argument, so im not saying it should be implemented exactly as is. Onward

A small thing that could be added to the clan dojo using mosltly existing content would be the further usage of gardens. There are 8 gardens. What if we could cultivate plants int the gardens? Have a requirement of 1 storage crate decoration per 5-10 plants in the garden. The plants would be either current models or slightly retextured ones. They wouldn't even need fancy life cycles just replant-ability and certain wait times. Once "harvested" they could then be turned into "herbs" of corresponding type. They would be treated as a resource and sent directly to the clan vault.

Then using the existing oracle room we add to the interface the ability to craft them into tradeable.. well drugs (small buffs with some minor buffs in exchange for slight debuffs), spices (al la the dead beaten horse you know what im referencing) that would give several minor but random buffs. (we all need a little spice in life eh?), Incense for the incense burners (when say enough incense of a certain type all tenno visiting the dojo get a small buff lasting as long as the incense would. Default 8 hours) with maybe even specialized incense for the duel arena.

Poisons effecting your melee weapons that perhaps slow them a bit, confuse them (really short term hysteria), Some minor DoT. Maybe even add a symbolic animation (the slam/smash attack of the weapon but without the yellow particle effects to symbolize coating the blade with them at the oracle).

Or perhaps even poultices, small health regen items that would activate immediately or upon use to stop bleeding (which is a pesky thing for me to die as a mag with 800 shields because of bleed). Perhaps at high levels of clans (or really dedicated horticulturists) could "attain" a high enough mastery of the craft to start growing similar elder trees, or some beautiful tree representing the clan (similar to the orokin void and overgrown orokin derelict flora). 

I believe most of what I said above can be implemented barebones with little developer overhead. While of course leaving plenty room to expand upon if the opportuinty would arise to commit more resources to expanding this.

For those who read this far and are still wondering what does this have to do with my flippin space ninjutsu, read in spoliers

The tenno are based, or strongly inspired on a pseudo feudal Japanse culture. Taking cues from samurai tradition and partly in the mystical assassins; the ninja. There are many records of different poisons, energy boosters, drugs, and incense used. Both in the meditation, training, and preparation and execution of missions. Also horticulture itself is a popular pastime in Asia in general. For instance the bonsai tree's are and were a common pasttime for everyone. On top of that we have extensive in game proof that the tenno and orokin followed this in both their designs, in the orokin void and orokin derelict for example.

Tenno kitten if you read this far 

aZUEP.jpg

Thank you for your time.

Edit 3 I lied

Just came to me as I was about to submit my post. a meditation room. Truly simple design. Take the trade post model, cut apart one wall, Expand, Duplicate into a cube. (matching grid system) add four or two incese burners, a spot in the middle ( maybe with a medallion on the floor) to kneel in, and bam interesting room. To make it useful, maybe make it a 0.5% damage increase, or better loot, or something minor. 

So if you actually got down here

Kitten playing air harp?

tv99xmS.gif

Edited by Jenove

Ok... I'm just going to say what I get from this entire thing. The OP simply wants warframe to be another game. Seriously! Decorating rooms, growing stuff in the gardens,hangars and all the rest mentioned are great ideas but again I don't think turning warframe into The Sims, Skyrim or Pokemon is the way to go. This is a shooter! We just need lore and some important bugs and problems fixed. So that the game can continually be expanded... We don't need Warframe The Real Tenno Housewives Game. The OP has some great ideas just not for a shooter.

P.s. Besides I think that for a change like this to be implement the devs would have to mess around with the engine in a way that it's beyond their current resources. It would take months on end to create something like this.

Edited by Bazools

this is cool, but holy S#&amp;&#036; guys c'mon, they are in the process of a new HUD atm, they are not going to totally renovate the way we play at just after doing that. Honestly though this is the coolest thing I've seem, but I think it'll take a bit much to happen

Ok... I'm just going to say what I get from this entire thing. The OP simply wants warframe to be another game. Seriously! Decorating rooms, growing stuff in the gardens,hangars and all the rest mentioned are great ideas but again I don't think turning warframe into The Sims, Skyrim or Pokemon is the way to go. This is a shooter! We just need lore and some important bugs and problems fixed. So that the game can continually be expanded... We don't need Warframe The Real Tenno Housewives Game. The OP has some great ideas just not for a shooter.

P.s. Besides I think that for a change like this to be implement the devs would have to mess around with the engine in a way that it's beyond their current resources. It would take months on end to create something like this.

Such rage.

Very rant.

Much disagree.

Wow.

Hachiko+A+Doge+s+Tale.+First+post+so+be+

Such rage.

Very rant.

Much disagree.

Wow.

Such Rage? This is not rage of any sort, what for mentioning The Sims and Skyrim? Lol... i actually like those games but i don't want Warframe to become them...Warframe is already original in it's concept.

Very Rant? I wasn't ranting i was giving my feedback.

Much Disagree? Are u kidding!? Feedback doesn't mean that everyone will agree with you. Besides... be realistic, a change as big and complex as this besides taking months and months of work its beyond DE's current resources.

Wow... really? A dog pic!? Lol

P.S. We'll be getting a new lab this following week so u should actually be happy. 

Edited by Bazools

Such Rage? -snip-

So rage. 

Very Rant? -snip-

Yes you were. Much rant.

Much Disagree? -snip-

Such disagree. Very different.

*DOGE, YOU UNCULTURED TOMATO.

P.S. We'll be getting a new lab this following week so u should actually be happy. 

I know. So research. Much warframes. Very happiness. Such from the bottle.

Such Rage? -snip-

So rage. 

Very Rant? -snip-

Yes you were. Much rant.

Much Disagree? -snip-

U want to be taken seriously but u can't keep up a normal feedback conversation on your own thread!? Don't act like a child it doesn't suits an OP. 

U want to be taken seriously but u can't keep up a normal feedback conversation on your own thread!? Don't act like a child it doesn't suits an OP. 

Gladly sir, but I'm not arguing with people who can't even type their sentences in a correct manner.

Gladly sir, but I'm not arguing with people who can't even type their sentences in a correct manner.

So now the fact that my english writting skills are poor means i do not deserve the proper respect? And i wasn't arguing i was giving my pov on the entire thing.

P.S. Not everyone is born in the UK or US! 

Edited by Bazools

I think, you both should calm down a little bit.

@Bazools: This thread is not about changing Warframe into something completely different, but finally giving the dojo (something the devs decided to put into this game) a meaning. Right now, most people only use the dojo for replicating a blueprint in the labs or for trading. We don't have a reason to go there and spend some time. Which is a pity considering how much work most clans have put into their dojo.

This thread is not about turning Warframe into another The Sims or Farmville (okay, that might be a bad comparison), but "upgrading" the dojo into a second game interface, another way to enter your arsenal, the foundry, even set out for your next mission. Turning you from a Tenno floating in space into a person walking or running through your clan's dojo and thereby increasing immersion. BINGO!

I agree with you, that at the moment lore and fixing bugs are more important than what has been proposed in this thread. But we're not saying "oi, devs, do this NAOW", are we? At the moment, we are just collecting ideas, so that maybe some day a dev, who has just finished his last task and doesn't know what to do next, might come by and decide to do a bit of work on the dojo.

Edited by Bibliothekar

@Bazools: This thread is not about changing Warframe into something completely different, but finally giving the dojo (something the devs decided to put into this game) a meaning. Right now, most people only use the dojo for replicating a blueprint in the labs or for trading. We don't have a reason to go there and spend some time. Which is a pity considering how much work most clans have put into their dojo.

This thread is not about turning Warframe into another The Sims or Farmville (okay, that might be a bad comparison), but "upgrading" the dojo into a second game interface, another way to enter your arsenal, the foundry, even set out for your next mission. Turning you from a Tenno floating in space into a person walking or running through your clan's dojo and thereby increasing immersion. BINGO!

I agree with you, that at the moment lore and fixing bugs are more important than what has been proposed in this thread. But we're not saying "oi, devs, do this NAOW", are we? At the moment, we are just collecting ideas, so that maybe some day a dev, who has just finished his last task and doesn't know what to do next, might come by and decide to do a bit of work on the dojo.

Calmed manboobs: Check.

Gathering feedback: Check.

Getting community support: Check.

Such Rage? -snip-

So rage. 

Very Rant? -snip-

Yes you were. Much rant.

Much Disagree? -snip-