Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix Specter clutter in Gear Wheels: Specter Pouch gear item offering sub-wheel for specters.

Insizer

Problem:  There are a lot of specters.  You've got 6 syndicate ones, the warframe specters, and Clem.  If you are someone like me, putting all of these in my gear wheel takes up a lot of space.  This makes it more annoying to find stuff quickly in my gear wheel and makes reorganizing my gear wheel a pain.

Solution:  What I suggest is something simple and optional.  You get an additional gear item (for the sake of clarity I'll call it "specter pouch") that upon selecting opens up another gear wheel for your specters.  This allows you to place this specter pouch in your gear wheel (you can to also hotkey it if you desire) and still place specters in your regular gear wheel in case you want faster access to certain ones.  If you don't want this specter pouch then you don't have to equip it and continue doing as you have done.

This specter pouch doesn't need another gear wheel configuration GUI and can just contain all your specters in alphabetical order, similar to how you can't configure your bait/echo-lure/etc wheels and such.

Ending Comments:  Sure you can just say "you won't have problems if you don't equip a lot specters", and you'd be right.  But I think that there is enough people who find this to be an issue.  This "specter pouch" gear item would resolve this easily enough and would be a welcome QoL addition.  This solution could also be applied to other items as "___ pouches" allowing you to effectively folderize gear items if and when more gear items get added to the game in the future.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

I have 20 items on my gear wheel. Not a problem to me since I can cycle through them easily. Just hard to do for those that don't use gear much. We don't have much buttons on the controller to open up more menus.

It wouldn't use another button.  You open up your main gear wheel, navigate to the specter pouch and select it like you would any other gear item.  The only difference between this and another gear time is that selecting the pouch automatically opens up another gear wheel that contains just your specters.

27 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I mean, it was your choice to put all the specters in your gear wheel.

It would also be your decision whether to use this or not.  I imagine that there are a number of people who would like this QoL addition, especially because the current system doesn't lend itself to adding more specters in a certain section of your gearwheel.  If you have like 2 specters in the middle of your gearwheel and you want to add 1 or 2 more in the same section then you have to swap things one by one down the line until you get to the end or re-add everything after the specter to the end of the gearwheel.