Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Prime with Daikyu Prime?

StarMoral

• 1 month later...

The thing that I find kind of odd is that Ivara seemed to have some connection to the Rubico... like artwork in mods, bundles, and collections.

HOWEVER, Chroma Prime basically took Rubico Prime.

I have a feeling that when Ivara is primed she'll have some kind of shotgun primed with her. As weird as it seems some of the things didn't make much sense.

EDIT: I would like to see a Baza Prime though. I'm not a fan of a Daikyu Prime... Unless they change how bows function as they seem to "stick" weird. so many times arrows fly off in a random direction because something wasn't running in the same direction at a consistent speed, anyone that has used bows for a period of time will know what I'm talking about. Predicting your aim doesn't cut it either (weird hitboxes).

EDIT2: Or if we could rip-off another frame's gun, Knell Prime. Knell Prime would be the best thing ever 😉 .

Edited by SpringRocker

Latron Prime Prime! The Latron Prime needs priming with a built in hush mod to boot.

I would love Daikyu Prime as its always been a favourite aesthetically, and Zhuge Prime as Ive a riven with around 100% toxin, 100% electricity and 100% heat damage on it soo..

Attica was a huge favourite before I got the Zhuge though. Baza is incredibly powerful too and fun to use, if a prime version had a bigger clip it would be amazing.

I wouldnt mind a hunting rifle type too, Grinlock Prime or Argonak Prime while not thematically correct because they are Grineer would nevertheless be very fun. Especially with a crit boost on Grinlock as the syndicate mod adds crit, but could do with a much higher base stat to make it godly. Plus I have a riven for it for further crit damage and crit chance so im biased lol.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

I wouldnt mind a hunting rifle type too, Grinlock Prime or Argonak Prime while not thematically correct because they are Grineer would nevertheless be very fun.

The words you are looking for are VELDT PRIME.

Not going to happen, even though the mere thought makes me tinkle a little. 

But yeah, here's to an Argonak Wraith someday.  Grinlok is awesome too, but just got its Prisma.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

The words you are looking for are VELDT PRIME.

Not going to happen, even though the mere thought makes me tinkle a little. 

But yeah, here's to an Argonak Wraith someday.  Grinlok is awesome too, but just got its Prisma.

Yeah another crappy automatic rifle! Please God no...

1 minute ago, bibmobello said:

But there is the prisma grinlok for that, there is no reason for the veldt prime to exist.

Prisma Grinlock is a lever action.  More old western than hunting.

Further, 90% of weapons fall in the "no need to exist" category.

18 minutes ago, aswitz87 said:

Prisma Grinlock is a lever action.  More old western than hunting.

Further, 90% of weapons fall in the "no need to exist" category.

This is can be true for real weapons. Here you can have +-impact, +-crit---. +-fire rate at the end the veldt prime will be a prisma grinlok with less status, less damage, more fire rate. I prefer if they develop more futuristic weapons, there is no point nowadays to kill the enemies with a  baseball bat or a revolver...

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

But there is the prisma grinlok for that, there is no reason for the veldt prime to exist.

It's true that the P.Grinny stomped on the VELDT PRIME's (hypothetical) toes.  I mean, the base versions already overlap  a bit, and then the Prisma had to go and become Slash-dominant. 

So if we do get a better Veldt, it really should include a substantial gimmick to differentiate it.  It seems logical that this would entail building on the gimmick it already has:  the two step scope.  IMO there's an interesting little niche for a lite sniper in there.

In any case, I don't believe a VELDT PRIME is happening for a long time, let alone with Ivara.  For most of the reasons you alluded to: the P. Grinny exists, there's no role begging to be filled, and it's (I'd guess) an unpopular weapon in an unpopular weapon category.

But dang, I do love typing VELDT PRIME.

Edited by Tiltskillet

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-06-18 at 8:08 PM, SpringRocker said:

The thing that I find kind of odd is that Ivara seemed to have some connection to the Rubico... like artwork in mods, bundles, and collections.

It's because the Rubico was released with Ivara at the same time. The huntress bundle was made with it in mind.

The concept idea of Ivara being a sniper works well as one of Ivara's themes, even from a practical use-case point in-game. Sure, none of the sniper rifles are silent, but you can easily stick hush on as a mod and she'll pair with the sniper rifle well. 

Snipers are associated as stalkers, patient hunters who could potentially spend up to several days following and stalking their prey. They work in the shadows trying to be unseen from their intended target and strike at a opportune time. They work meticulously for their job is not a light one. Okay, I'm pulling a bit from the 'Hollywood' idea of snipers, but that's kind of how they're associated in works of fiction. 

Ivara plays meticulously, and you have to get used to a level of patience while playing with Ivara. Plus, her prowl has a base multiplicative 40% headshot multiplier whenever you go invisible, buffing all your weapons. Good Snipers in FPS games are generally associated as being headshot shooters (yes, again I'm ignoring real-world scenario where upper body torso is really priority for a sniper, but I'm pulling from FPS shooter game culture for this point). So with Ivara, given her headshot multiplier being active only when you're invisible, it's encouraged for one to be a good head shot shooter with her, given that you'll be unseen to enemies. And some of the sniper rifles in-game have a headshot multiplier too (I don't know how the numbers are calculated, if prowl is additive to that headshot buff or multiplicative, but either way, encouragement for one to headshot with snipers and Ivara when paired together to take advantage of that buff).

I would say the sniper aspect can work well for Ivara as a theme and practical perspective in-game in my opinion.

I also now realize, I really want a Salix Syandana Prime to be her cosmetic whenever she finally releases. Man I love capes on her too much and Salix just feels so natural to have on her, in my opinion.

Edited by BlindStalker

6 hours ago, BlindStalker said:

It's because the Rubico was released with Ivara at the same time. The huntress bundle was made with it in mind.

The concept idea of Ivara being a sniper works well as one of Ivara's themes, even from a practical use-case point in-game. Sure, none of the sniper rifles are silent, but you can easily stick hush on as a mod and she'll pair with the sniper rifle well. 

Snipers are associated as stalkers, patient hunters who could potentially spend up to several days following and stalking their prey. They work in the shadows trying to be unseen from their intended target and strike at a opportune time. They work meticulously for their job is not a light one. Okay, I'm pulling a bit from the 'Hollywood' idea of snipers, but that's kind of how they're associated in works of fiction. 

Ivara plays meticulously, and you have to get used to a level of patience while playing with Ivara. Plus, her prowl has a base multiplicative 40% headshot multiplier whenever you go invisible, buffing all your weapons. Good Snipers in FPS games are generally associated as being headshot shooters (yes, again I'm ignoring real-world scenario where upper body torso is really priority for a sniper, but I'm pulling from FPS shooter game culture for this point). So with Ivara, given her headshot multiplier being active only when you're invisible, it's encouraged for one to be a good head shot shooter with her, given that you'll be unseen to enemies. And some of the sniper rifles in-game have a headshot multiplier too (I don't know how the numbers are calculated, if prowl is additive to that headshot buff or multiplicative, but either way, encouragement for one to headshot with snipers and Ivara when paired together to take advantage of that buff).

I would say the sniper aspect can work well for Ivara as a theme and practical perspective in-game in my opinion.

I also now realize, I really want a Salix Syandana Prime to be her cosmetic whenever she finally releases. Man I love capes on her too much and Salix just feels so natural to have on her, in my opinion.

Ivara has multipliers for everything, +17X with navigator, +3X for headshots when you use prowl and +3X crit damage when you use Empowered quiver,  navigator has been thought for weapons like talons. She is not an huntress, she's more a ranger, explosive expert. I only hope  that talons prime will be a decent substitutes for sancti castanas.

Edited by bibmobello

15 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Ivara has multipliers for everything, +17X with navigator, +3X for headshots when you use prowl and +3X crit damage when you use Empowered quiver,  navigator has been thought for weapons like talons. She is not an huntress, she's more a ranger, explosive expert. I only hope  that talons prime will be a decent substitutes for sancti castanas.

I am aware of our froggy princess' strength ^^, I love her to bits. I wasn't necessarily trying to say that Ivara is exclusive only to the huntress theme, I would say she has multiple characteristics to her theme. Such as Ranger, Stalker, Huntress, Tenchu Assassin, Sniper, Infiltrator, Thief, Archer etc. Huntress thief is just the original theme description that DE used to describe Ivara in her bio video profile, but Ivara is more than that at this point I agree. But yes, Ranger is Ivara's original concept considering that her internal game files are labelled ranger iirc. (There was a more concrete picture I swear, but this one will do. Someone on wf reddit was poking around in the Warframe Android App and found the names of some of the internal game files for some warframes).

I think Talons prime is fair game as possibly one of her prime weapons. It hasn't been primed yet and would go well with navigator. My only qualms is that I wish DE would fix the 8 second time limit restriction on navigating thrown secondary explosive weapons. It's annoying to have the projectile force explode itself after 8 seconds while I'm still buffing it. It used to be that navigator overrode expiry time of a navigated projectile and I still believe that's the way navigator should function. I want it fixed badly since it's been a year and half since it was first reported broken. 

2 hours ago, BlindStalker said:

I would say she has multiple characteristics to her theme. Such as Ranger, Stalker, Huntress, Tenchu Assassin, Sniper, Infiltrator, Thief, Archer etc.

I'm glad someone else finally gets this too.  I still prefer Tenchu Assassin for multiple obvious reasons.  Hehe 😁 

On 2019-07-08 at 1:31 PM, BlindStalker said:

I think you misread what I meant. I was talking about how Ivara was themed with it, but Chroma was primed with it.

1 hour ago, SpringRocker said:

I think you misread what I meant. I was talking about how Ivara was themed with it, but Chroma was primed with it.

That was rather unexpected when DE had announced it.  Them having done that though kinda reinforced the idea that Daikyu Prime would be finally released with Ivara Prime.  

But honestly I think DE is just having a hard time trying to figure out the stats for a Daikyu Prime.  I say this because the only thing the Daikyu really needs is more crit chance and it would easily shoot to top bow.  That would give it both high status and high crit making it a stupid damage hybrid weapon.  And that's without a riven.  

Again I'm not exactly counting the Lenz as that's pretty much in a class by itself especially since its the only non-silent "bow" and being more of a grenade launcher type.  😀 

Edited by DatDarkOne

1 hour ago, SpringRocker said:

The way you phrased your original statement, sounded more like a question to me rather than a statement. It sounded to me like you were asking a question, 'why does the Rubico have a connection to Ivara?' and that's why I responded with what I wrote. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

I myself, personally love pairing Rubico Prime with Ivara. Maybe that's partially influenced because I actually did get the huntress bundle and that's how I got acquainted with the frog princess that I love now. But I wasn't trying to imply that rubico prime should've been exclusive to Ivara, sorry if it seemed like that. it's fine that it came with Chroma prime's access to me, because I have acquired it now for our huntress.

But we still have a lot of potential weapons that could be primed with Ivara for now, a guessing game of sorts at this point I feel,

Edited by BlindStalker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlindStalker said:

The way you phrased your original statement, sounded more like a question to me rather than a statement. It sounded to me like you were asking a question, 'why does the Rubico have a connection to Ivara?' and that's why I responded with what I wrote. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

I myself, personally love pairing Rubico Prime with Ivara. Maybe that's partially influenced because I actually did get the huntress bundle and that's how I got acquainted with the frog princess that I love now. But I wasn't trying to imply that rubico prime should've been exclusive to Ivara, sorry if it seemed like that. it's fine that it came with Chroma prime's access to me, because I have acquired it now for our huntress.

But we still have a lot of potential weapons that could be primed with Ivara for now, a guessing game of sorts at this point I feel,

The only useful weapon for Ivara are talons prime, if they only change the  low damage from blast to something else more useful.

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

That was rather unexpected when DE had announced it.  Them having done that though kinda reinforced the idea that Daikyu Prime would be finally released with Ivara Prime.  

But honestly I think DE is just having a hard time trying to figure out the stats for a Daikyu Prime.  I say this because the only thing the Daikyu really needs is more crit chance and it would easily shoot to top bow.  That would give it both high status and high crit making it a stupid damage hybrid weapon.  And that's without a riven.  

Again I'm not exactly counting the Lenz as that's pretty much in a class by itself especially since its the only non-silent "bow" and being more of a grenade launcher type.  😀 

Indeed, DE seems to have a problem these days with trying to make everything a crit weapon, ESPECIALLY enhanced versions (Prime, Vandal, Wraith, Prisma).  There are precious few recent exceptions - Glaxion Vandal comes to mind which has almost the same stats (including awful low crit) as the base but is massively more powerful because of an AoE that spreads damage and status on any point the beam impacts (it can easily fully armor strip and wipe squads in almost no time with a Corrosive build).

I have a good feeling Ivara may be primed with Daikyu as well, which should be a couple prime accesses off based on the release schedule (you never know though, especially with how Atlas just got shafted).  Daikyu and Cernos Prime are my favorite bows and it would be an exciting time (even if my Daikyu riven disposition is going to tank - but that was mostly to counterbalance the changes during that primary weapon stat overhaul a while back where they inexplicably nerfed Daikyu base damage heavily and hence one-shotting power and provided unilateral buffs to things like Dread and Rakta Cernos, so I'll have gotten my money's worth from buying it off someone).  However, DE needs to approach this carefully if they don't want to create a massive meta shift in bows.  If they just slap crit on it, as you've pointed out... Things could get out of hand quickly.  And no gimmicks readily come to mind that would be suitable for Daikyu Prime, so that's a hard sell, too.  What to do?

If DE remains perplexed about this as they very well might, I would hope to see Ivara come out with Attica Prime, since Rubico Prime and Zhuge Prime have now been stolen off the list by other primes in the time since this thread began with speculation.  Just... for the love of all things good and true... Attica Prime better be silent.  Making Zhuge Prime alarming was a massive slap in the face for the all the people waiting for primed crossbows, since an innately silent weapon (saves the mod slot for warframes like Ivara that would often silence other weapons) is one of the key selling points of crossbows.

Bows, crossbows, and snipers are what come to mind when I think of Ivara Prime.  Baza Prime is the only fringe case that I think would still make sense.  All snipers have been used up, Daikyu is the only remaining Tenno faction bow, and Attica Prime is the only remaining Tenno faction crossbow.  Of course, this is all assuming DE actually releases the prime access in a way that complements the warframe thematic... which we have all been assuming.  I think there is a good chance they will, but we can't be certain.  They might just come out of left field and release something silly.

Her release secondary, Talons Prime, could still be on the table.

I also do actually really like the idea of a Veldt Prime here that came up.  Veldt I have found quite unimpressive in its release state, so I feel it deserves a second chance to prove itself with an early prime.  If they gave it Silent firing as a gimmick (since the base is Alarming, as with all guns outside Baza) alongside buffed stats, it could make a very strong thematic complement to Ivara since it really does have that hunting rifle look to it.  "Sniper lite" someone called the theoretical Veldt Prime if it went down a path that plays up its unique scoping - this would allow it to slide its way into that "sniper" category that fits Ivara without actually being one of the snipers since they're all gone now.

All we can do is wait and see.  The pool of thematically logical possibilities certainly has narrowed heavily since this discussion opened months back.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maganar said:

All we can do is wait and see.  The pool of thematically logical possibilities certainly has narrowed heavily since this discussion opened months back

There is a third option.  DE could pull a Euphona Prime and create a brand new weapon that doesn't have a non-Prime variant like they did with the Banshee Prime Access.  

But I still think it will be the Daikyu Prime as it's the only Tenno bow left and it fits her as well as being long overdue.