Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Week 4

torint_man

Using 3 forma and gilding are annoying for me personally.  I've just used around 10 forma on things like hilda and a few weapons due to affinity booster and I had no intention of bothering with an amp or kitgun any time soon.  Now I'm forced to use more forma (hmm, yes I know we can farm them but I do kind of feel this is pushing plat purchases on newbies who can't farm as easily) and to build something I wasn't really interested in.

Profit taker isn't an issue per say but when we just tried it, it turned into a bug riddled mess.

Like others, I really wish these could be retroactively achieved, I've done pretty much everything on the list and it's literally forcing me to do things I have no need to do.

EDIT: actually I might need to spend plat on a slot for the amp or delete an old one... I don't agree with any 'task' that could require use of plat to progress.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 8

I wonder who is obsessed with the number 3 at DE. Do 3 missions of various types, use 3 forma... I'm surprised it wasn't kill 3000 enemies for the elite task and open 3 relics.

I expected the friend task again, so I'm skipping that.

The gild a modular item is kind of annoying. Guess I'll build a zaw or catchmoon for nightwave fodder then get rid of it afterwards.

And also, can someone explain why "Unlock 10 Relics" is considered to be difficult? I thought it was reserved for tasks that are challenging, not just tedious.

Could unlock 10 relics in less than 20 minutes if you speed through Fissure Captures...
How is that worthy of an Elite weekly status?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Instead our stats are pointless.

I think it would give DE incentive to give us actual challenges instead of bullS#&$ busy work the majority of vets have done 100 times over. I mean so what if we got 10k standing retroactively. What would it break?! 

I've said it before, I'll say it again, it literally doesn't matter in the slightest if you've done the tasks before. They're repeatable tasks. That are made to be repeatable.

You WOULDN'T get 10k standing, you'd get the majority of ALL the nightwave standing for the next 10 weeks without doing a thing.

Edited by rapt0rman

3 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Reading..reading..reading...play with friends or clan members ....

God Dangit!!!! I freaking hate that stipulation... 

To be fair that's the only way most are going to be able to do this one 😐

2 minutes ago, roekenny said:

To be fair that's the only way most are going to be able to do this one 😐

Profit-Taker is easy to beat in 5min or less solo. Just a gear check and basic knowledge of the fight is all you need.

But yeah, for newer players, teaming up I could see being required at least early on.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

12 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

You WOULDN'T get 10k standing, you'd get the majority of ALL the nightwave standing for the next 10 weeks without doing a thing.

So what...

What would I get, 3 forma? A flipping weapon slot? Come the #*!% on! 

Give veterans something they've never done before. Instead of regurgitated bullS#&$ we've done 100 times over, over the last 5-6 years. If no, then some of the "challenges" need to be retroactive. Period. 

12 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

it literally doesn't matter in the slightest if you've done the tasks before.

Well it should, for some of these "challenges".  The tracked one's at minimum. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 3

I just did a bunch of Forma yesterday. Oh well. That's not something I'm likely to get squirrelly about going forward like the Ayatans, at least.  Still probably not a great kind of act.

As for gilding, I think I'm close to being able to gild my Zaw.  But I can't imagine how annoying that must be for those who have already gilded countless things.

9 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Profit-Taker is easy to beat in 5min or less solo. Just a gear check and basic knowledge of the fight is all you need.

But yeah, for newer players, teaming up I could see being required at least early on.

Talking about how need rank 5 on Solaris United what unless close to getting your fresh out of luck this week.

• Like 2

Well, last week was the first week in which I've completed all the challenges. As I publicly promised in two other threads, if I run out of passes on the Sorties one (I avoid doing Sortie Assassinations that's not Ambulas, Vay Hek or Mercury Vor), I'd flip a coin and do them any way if it landed tails. It landed tails. Sigh. Time to one-shot ole Stalky with my Corinth one more time. Really wished I saved the Sunday one for the reset.

Anyway, here's what I think of this week:

• Complete 3 spy missions - Sweet. I love Spy missions.
  • Catch 6 rare fish in Plains of Eidolon - I think I'm running low on Norg Brain or something anyway.
  • Complete 3 rescue missions - Hmm. I suppose I'm a bit low on Specter blueprints.
  • Use 3 forma - No problem. Got a few things I want to Forma anyway.
  • Complete 3 exterminate missions - Adaro.
  • Gild a modular weapon - Hmm. I suppose it's time to finally build that Granmu amp I got blueprint for.
  • Complete 3 mobile defense missions - Not a fan of this one, but I guess I'll slip in a resource run of some kind come the weekend.
  • Kill the Profit-Taker in Orb Vallis while playing with a friend or clanmate - Probably pass on this one. Just killed my very first Profit-Taker yesterday, in fact. Solo of course. I'll hang around Recruitment chat, but I'm not fussed if I pass on it.
  • Kill 1,500 enemies - Meh.
  • Open 10 relics - I clear at least 6 relics every day anyway.

Overall, not bad.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

I love how DE got flak for the "with a friend or clanmate" drek during the first two weeks, got a lot of praise for week 3's challenges, then decided to do another "with a friend or clanmate" challenge this week. I really can't tell if this was either somebody at DE just not caring about the surprising number of people talking about how all their friends/clanmates don't play any more or if these challenges were all premade before NW launched (hence the whole "We can't make any changes now, but we'll take your feedback into consideration for Series 2").

I also agree that the "use three Forma" and "gild a Modular Weapon" challenges are bunk for some players. Why should someone who already built and maxed all modulars be forced to suddenly make another? Why should someone who already polarized their entire arsenal suddenly have to use three more unnecessary Forma? I'm starting to agree more and more with the people saying these challenges should either be retroactive to what we've already done in-game or be based on where we are in-game (so a new Tenno doesn't have the same challenges as a maxed vet and vice versa).

• Like 3

the force gild, forma and play with friend or clan mate are the only things I dislike. They need to be changed because

1. If you are the kind of person who has played the game and all frames and weapons and just forma'ed everything and have nothing to forma what are you suppose to do? also for the people who don't have forma and have to go farm it can kinda be annoying in a very little slight way (since I know someone who whines about everything in the game too....)

2. Why would you make a 2nd weapon and go gild it for this event? hell you can casually do fortuna runs to get the rare spawns to make up fro the lost rep for this and the forma 1 in a week.

3. I like playing with my clan mates and friends but I don't see why we should be forced to just to complete a daily/weekly. I ain't saying it's bad but it's just something that I know my friends/clan mates would be like yeah.. yeah... lets just get it done to be done with it and also some of my clan aren't even ready to fight profit orb soooooo....... yeah nah to this.

Either way I am enjoying Nightwave in other ways. Really want that umbra forma 😛

Edited by Toddrusel
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

Wut
Just build a weapon and level it
Stop exaggerating 

I might not be as upset if I actually had weapon slots to spare... I actually have to delete something to be able to do this challenge.  

Oh yeah, bet you didn't think of that though, right?

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

3 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I might not be as upset if I actually had weapon slots to spare... I actually have to delete something to be able to do this challenge.  

Oh yeah, bet you didn't think of that though, right?

Then skip it... You don't actually HAVE to do it. 

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Then skip it... You don't actually HAVE to do it. 

I already am skipping it. 

It's still a massive oversight that there's a challenge that can read to the player as "Spend money or delete your stuff to complete this challenge"

Edited by (PS4)lagrue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, --Brandt-- said:

I wonder who is obsessed with the number 3 at DE. Do 3 missions of various types, use 3 forma... I'm surprised it wasn't kill 3000 enemies for the elite task and open 3 relics.

I expected the friend task again, so I'm skipping that.

The gild a modular item is kind of annoying. Guess I'll build a zaw or catchmoon for nightwave fodder then get rid of it afterwards.

3 is a pretty common number for doing things in games. More than that and it feels to repetitive. Most bosses in say, a Zelda game require you to do x action to initiate stun phase and then wail on the boss 3 times to defeat it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Weapon slots like the ones Nightwave has already given you? Those weapon slots? Nightwave giveth and Nightwave taketh away.

• Like 1

I don't mind any of the tasks except for the profit taker one. I've only unlocked rank 3 in solaris today, did all the previous nightwave tasks but i guess this ends now.. unless it is an option to join the profit taker fight without having it unlocked?

Only one I take issue with is the fishing one

"rare" fish doesn't exist in plains. There's a distinction of baited fish, but that's all there is. You don't "rarely find" fish like you do in fortuna.

The others don't seem too out of there.

Gilded on is very simple, just craft and level a junk kitgun. Minimal grind if you use trash parts, takes an hour to craft all 3 parts at once, 10-20 minutes to level and 5k fortuna rep to gild. Nothing serious to a vet.

Profit taker is something a vet should have access to if they've actually been keeping up with the content. The people that complain are probably the same type as the complainers from Tridolon capture challenge from week 1 of nightwave who haven't kept up with the content that's been here for months.

I don't even know if the forma necessitates you leveling, and and grabbing 3 blueprints out of a fissure and crafting them over the course of 3 days is not hard.

Doing 3 of each of the non-endless regular mission types is easy, if not automatic (and will probably be done when doing the fissures to get forma bps). Kills are automatic and I see no complaints there.

1 hour ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

It's why I keep saying some of these challenges need to be retroactive based on our stats. Vets have done it all. I can look and see that I've done it all.

But "Simon says" use 3 forma?  gild a wepon?  Kill 1500 enemies? I've used hundreds of Forma, gilded every weapon, and have killed millions of enemies...nah F that noise.  

I'll go play something else. 

If you were a vet, you'd know that killing 1500 enemies in 7 days is a cakewalk. It's probably one of the most simple and passive Nightwing challenges thus far since you're always killing enemies in Warframe.

You'd also realize that forma is a 24 hour build and there are 7 days in the week. Are you telling me you can't log in for 2 seconds to start a Forma build three times in a week?

However these concerns regarding the guilding challenge are understandable.

Edited by Jackal_Off