Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Week 4

torint_man

1 hour ago, A.R.X.A said:

is de #*!%ing retarded? build and entire new #*!%ing zaw and gild just for 3000 mother#*!%ing points? hey devs you got down syndrome? I guess its time to send for nef anyos repossession squad.

1 hour ago, Zyneris said:

Gild a modular item is something special, but my main issue is with the Profit Taker.

It's placing rep behind another rep wall.

Elite Alternative for this week:

Capture 100 fugitives.

3 minutes ago, ElchMoose said:

100 fugitives is perfectly doable and not locked behind anything, so i'd have no issues with it

Doable but I'd think 30 would be better, maybe 60. 

That's between 10-20 groups and divisible by 3. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jackal_Off said:

If you were a vet, you'd know that killing 1500 enemies in 7 days is a cakewalk. It's probably one of the most basic and passive Nightwing challenges thus far. 

You'd also realize that forma is a 24 hour build and there are 7 days in the week. Are you telling me you can't log in for 2 seconds to start a build on forma three times in a week?

Instead DE should give us something that we've never done before. Or retro that S#&$, and give us our standing. Straight up. I've been playing this game for a loooong time, give me new content. Not regurgitated bullS#&$.

That said it might be great for new players, but some of this S#&$ is  bullS#&$. I can't help but to login, see these menial "challenges" and feel patronized. And yeah it pisses me off, it should piss off every veteran. 

If stats don't matter then why have stats. 

At least with Rivens I'm getting a riven and not standing. Or I can make 20 plat off a vieled one. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

Profit taker is something a vet should have access to if they've actually been keeping up with the content. The people that complain are probably the same type as the complainers from Tridolon capture challenge from week 1 of nightwave who haven't kept up with the content that's been here for months.

Gantulyst hunt didn't require you to be max rank with Cetus... So at least you could get carried through that. I don't like the idea of challenges locked behind a "have you been playing our game religiously for the past 3 months? if not #*!% off." mentality.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Elite Alternative for this week:

Capture 100 fugitives.

100% willing to swap Profit Taker for this. I also think your idea will allow more players to get involved for the challenge.

Just now, AXCrusnik said:

Gantulyst hunt didn't require you to be max rank with Cetus... So at least you could get carried through that. I don't like the idea of challenges locked behind a "have you been playing our game religiously for the past 3 months? if not #*!% off." mentality.

That wouldn't be so much of a problem if the weekly challenges didn't expire so much as you just gained access to new challenges every week. That way if you couldn't do it near the beginning of the event mayhaps you could tackle it by the end of the event. A lot of the problems with Nightwave vanish if the challenges persisted from the time you received them until the end of the event. 

Hopefully Season 2 will be set up more like that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

That wouldn't be so much of a problem if the weekly challenges didn't expire so much as you just gained access to new challenges every week. That way if you couldn't do it near the beginning of the event mayhaps you could tackle it by the end of the event. A lot of the problems with Nightwave vanish if the challenges persisted from the time you received them until the end of the event. 

I agree, no matter how hard i try, i can't do profit taker this week due to daily caps, but if i had another week for it, i could do it np

I officially don't like nightwave anymore. To insist on the whole friends thing.. fine ok, whatever. Don't make me gild stuff when I'm done with that content , don't care to revisit that content and you're just trying to cute and waste resources by this point. Same goes with forma which I feel is crossing the line. You going to ask me to slap a potato on something next? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, iGnome21 said:

Forced to gild something when you have done everything just for the sake of it is plain stoopid.

Can see the drama coming for the profit taker with friend. 

Rest is fine.

3 Forma is also contested imo. Not only does it have the same problem as gilding, as in, not personally, but i can see people not wanting or requiring to forma more gear, having to do so just for 3000 standing. Also, they give you 3 forma for 10000 standing in 2 of the tiers.... So it's worth 10k to get but only 3k if we're spending it. The effort doesn't meet the compensation, just looking at it.
Again this not only continues the trend of poorly thought up Acts, but the inconsistent and poorly thought up reward pattern, which isn't just a problem of Nightwaves but the game overall.
Most of the times, these things seem to just be a list of stuff someone came up over a beer on the friday before release.

Seriously they need to take a second look at these things BEFORE the series end... I'm struggling to keep clan mates motivated as it is...

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I think this is my issue with it. The end rewards look tasty- but I'm coming off a year long break,  and I've already missed 3 weeks of these 'challenges'. I'd go ahead and start rushing them hard to get them done if there was a chance I could by the end of the season, but, alas, I can't, so it's not even worth trying, especially since nothing lower down the tier list is anything I'm even remotely interested in. I get that  there has to be some form of cycling, but at the same time it's kind of a buzz kill to see new stuff that's actually interesting (or, at least, has  interesting rewards) and know that there's no possible way for me to achieve them. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of issues people have with many of the contested challenges could be solved if the challenges lingered for one or two more weeks after the next batch of challenges comes in, stuff like forma and gilding would probably be less stressful if people had time to plan what weapon they want to experiment with next and farm the forma/rep/resources. It also serves as kind of a reverse of the retroactive standing idea, because honestly the idea of retroactive standing is kind of a slippery slope which would eventually invalidate most of any new event that gets put in the game.

Otherwise, operating under the assumption that you want to experiment with a weapon this week, the challenges actually aren't that bad. "Complete 3 of X type missions", crafting 3 forma and opening 10 relics can easily be rolled into one relic session, and there's also some synergy with the gilding one if you decide you want to try out a new kitgun/zaw setup this week (not saying that this applies to most people, but there's a ghost of an idea here).

I don't really agree with the whole, heres an elite challenge you can't complete unless you're max rank with Fortuna. Which i know a lot of players aren't, but i never expected for when Warframe actually getting some level of difficulty that it wouldn't be gameplay related, but from rubbing your lack of social skills in your face.

• Like 1

Ok, I gilded the Mote Amp.  It counts.  It is easily the quickest and cheapest method for those who already gilded everything else.

Costs 500 rep to buy the blueprint, 11 minutes to craft the whole amp (instead of separate parts which have longer crafting time and use more resources), 5000 rep to gild.   Trade it to Onkko to get 1612 rep back. Done.

• Like 2

Personally I don't like this one much. Several acts are basically things everyone does anyways, so no challenge there. Not really interesting:

1) The several "Do 3 times mission x".

2) Kill X enemies. Same as above

3) Open 10 relics. Some as above.

Then we have kill the Profit taker with friends, which is a major PITA, considering the battle is an absolute torture when doing in a group unless you're the host ( only takes a bit of lag to be buggy as hell ). Doable, sure. Fun, not really ..

• Complete 3 spy missions: As someone who can probably make 6 Ivara right now, meh.
  • Catch 6 Rare fish in PoE: Now, which one I'm kinda lacking at the moment? Maybe the Norgs.
  • Complete 3 rescue mission: Meh. It'll be done eventually.
  • Use 3 Forma: I suppose my Imperator Vandal could use some.
  • Complete 3 exterminate missions: Meh.
  • Gild a modular weapon: Guess I'll finally make a second Zaw. I could make something that could use Exodia Contagion more effectively.
  • Complete 3 mobile defense missions: Most likely done when I'm in the middle of re-leveling the Imperator Vandal.
  • Kill the Profit-Taker in Orb Vallis while playing with a friend or clanmate: Oh come on, I'm already lagging a lot in the Orb Vallis SOLO. Sure hope my clanmate can wait for me.
  • Kill 1,500 enemies: Most likely done while I'm doing the others or just generally playing.
  • Open 10 relics: Let's see if I can combine this one with the various "do X mission".

Overall, not so bad. Though I kinda question the "with friends" stipulation. I thought there were already a lot of complaints regarding that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

Gilding a weapon is a pretty silly one, but the resources for making a junk weapon and then gilding it are pretty miniscule, so whatever I guess.

Guess I'm going to have to kill one more Teralyst to finally have enough to rank up to Adherent with Quills to have the gilding option open. Anyone else not already ranked with Quills will be in for a rude surprise and then the Adherent rank needed for gilding has a 10 Eidolon Shard sacrifice. So those people will have to kill 10 Eidolon Teralysts ...

So, for example, Gilding an Amp is equivalent to an Elite Weekly of the form:

Kill 710 Vomvalysts and 10 Teralysts (and then gild an Amp since it's only an option as Adherent).

Well, that's probably not actually possible in 1 week with the dumb daily standing cap. Maybe Zaws or Kitguns are easier? I got Kin with Ostrons already...

I'm fine with this being a Nightwave bounty. But it should really be reclassified as Elite Weekly (it's classified as a normal Weekly last I saw) and reward 5000 standing.

Reference:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Quills