Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Week 4

torint_man

16 minutes ago, (PS4)BOSS_TPH76 said:

Nightwave is a seriously badly implemented concept. It has made warframe from a fun care free game to unwind after stress full day at work into an unfun boring chore fest that disrespects our time. 

pretty much this, it changes the pacing of the game, we stop doing things at our own time and do it because the game requires you to do it.

I was thinking of making a kitgun, but now the game essentially added a 1 week timer.

I've done the kitgun, it's not the difficulty that's at stake, it's the pacing, i decide when to do things.

I'm playing warframe and for a player like myself (with over 6000 ingame mission hours and almost 40k completed missions) i find nightwave a bit stressfull, it takes the joy out of the game, that can't happen.

My current goal is to make a very powerfull chroma, potentially needing 2 or 3 umbra forma, so i have that motivation that keeps me going, but this forced content is unfun.

I'll do it, i'll drag myself on the mud, but my point is that nightwave needs a few tweaks.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Yup, absolutely insane... I've done every Zaw, Amp and Kitgun - it's like they just pull random garbage out of a hat, but some of it is outright unacceptable and this is up there.   What makes me even more mad is I just levelled and gilded my Fortuna Amps this morning.... no free weapon slots either so I actually have to delete something I own now to make a free slot. 

Pretty bold of you to assume you get to decide what is and isnt "acceptable".

1 hour ago, Paradoxity said:

To me  this just reeks of "We want players to have fewer formas on hand"  

They literally give a bundle of 3 Froma at Nightwave level 7. And you're not under obligation to use them, just skip that standing if you prefer - I have 34 Formas, not a problem.

17 minutes ago, den2k said:

They literally give a bundle of 3 Froma at Nightwave level 7. And you're not under obligation to use them, just skip that standing if you prefer - I have 34 Formas, not a problem.

Yes

They gave us a bundle of forma. And now they are taking it away 2 weeks later. This is ridiculous in itself. 

I am mr26 and have every frame and gun done after the affinity weekend. I spens most of my forma on my dojo. I was saving up forma for Hyldrin and the new weapons but DE decided that I need to spend it on some BS bounty now...as well as wasting my time levelling S#&$ and making yet another useless item I already have build and already have forma-ed.

For me...I don't gaf anymore. NW has convinced me of how empty and devoid WF is of actual content.

Div2 is out and after all this time I am seriously thinking about deinstalling warframe...the bounty system already has me logging in less and less and with even less motivation. 

However for new players this new system is utter regressive bs. And this bounty is yet another example. 

Edited by (PS4)BOSS_TPH76
  • Like 3

Kill the Profit-Taker in Orb Vallis while playing with a friend or clanmate

I've been really annoyed with nightwave up until now because of the tediousness of it and, as mentioned by people above, the way it kills pacing and player agency in their gameplay. I have found a lot of the previous challenges stupid but this is the first one I see as legitimately unfair to users.

All of the previous challenges *could* be completed. They were at least possible. Rush through the starchart, get carried on an eidolon 3 stack, hang out with some more experienced players for the kuva fortress, etc.

If you haven't already been farming the junk out of Fortuna standing though, the Profit Taker is *literally impossible* to do unless I'm missing something and you can be ferried. Fortuna's been out for just over a Month on the switch and I sure as heck haven't been grinding standing literally every single day in order to unlock it.

This is going to be the first Nightwave mission that I've failed. Not because I didn't put the effort in. Not because I lacked skill. Not because I wasn't willing to invest the time. Just because the time gating on Standing makes it *literally impossible* for me to do.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

Fortuna's been out for just over a Month on the switch and I sure as heck haven't been grinding standing literally every single day in order to unlock it.

This is going to be the first Nightwave mission that I've failed. Not because I didn't put the effort in. 

wtf?

You contradicted yourself there. It took just over a week to hit max standing, admittedly longer if you're not a high MR.

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

You contradicted yourself there. It took just over a week to hit max standing, admittedly longer if you're not a high MR.

I'm MR10. It takes 2 weeks of standing at MR10.

And I have little time to play each day. So yes, for me it would have taken a month worth of grinding every day to unlock it. Which also would have meant no doing the other Nightwave stuff thus far.

Edited by (NSW)Sniperfox47
  • Like 2

I will talk about:

Kill the Profit-Taker in Orb Vallis while playing with a friend or clanmate.

I think DE; you don't really know who are players of warframe or similar games like MMORPG.

IN one end; there are players that need a clan because they don't want to play with somebody they don't know. Somebody that can do a criticism for example.

Many other; mostly officers; need to build a team that can help to organize end game mission.

It's only few examples. There people have found a reason to be in a clan or with friends.

In other end;There are players that don't what to be in a clan or with friends. They used to create a clan for themselves.

People that play alone for many reason. Often; they want to pass a cool time with a limited interaction with somebody. Have no constrains regarding others peoples.

Because of heath problems; somebody don't want or cannot really be in a clan or be with friends.

As I remember; most of MMORPG players are solo players.

Before my conclusion; look at your players types. Look at your clan? How many shadows clans? How many actives players in a clan? ....

Conclusion:

One of the strength of your game is: Play easilly together (or in solo) with limited constrains.

the mission that require a friend or clanlmate is creating frustration to a part of your existing and a wrong message new player that would be interesting in Warframe .

It is a segregation of your kind of players.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

I'm MR10. It takes 2 weeks of standing at MR10.

And I have little time to play each day. So yes, for me it would have taken a month worth of grinding every day to unlock it. Which also would have meant no doing the other Nightwave stuff thus far.

Then I'd like to give you an easy way to do it. If you don't want to buy ticker bonds just focus on getting the kubrodon lure, buy a couple of the kubrodon synthesis baits and use Ivara or a stealth frame to catch Kubrodons. With the synthesis there's a 4/5 chance of an Incarnadine kubrodon worth 8k standing per perfect capture. This is how I maxed my standing for MR 26 in 15 mins per day. Might save you some time.

I only see an issue with the gild thing aswell as the clan/friend part of profit taker, the rest is OK. The forma task is a bit iffy if you've got nothing worth to spend forma on.

I can see lower players having issues with the profit-taker task since it is rep gated. Not really well planned on DE's part imo since Nightwave is mostly for newish players cos they are the ones that need something from it mostly.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

I only see an issue with the gild thing aswell as the clan/friend part of profit taker, the rest is OK. The forma task is a bit iffy if you've got nothing worth to spend forma on.

I can see lower players having issues with the profit-taker task since it is rep gated. Not really well planned on DE's part imo since Nightwave is mostly for newish players cos they are the ones that need something from it mostly.

Honestly I didn't take issue, I'm certain there's at least one combo of amp, kitgun or zaw that I don't own and even though I'm at MR 27 and pretty much all my gear is forma'd like mad, I'm just gonna put a few forma on the new Hildryn which for most people that didn't buy it with plat, will be just about done cooking now. Profit Taker, meh it's a double credit weekend and lots of people were willing to run, add as friend etc to get it done and earn an easy couple of million credits for 5 minutes work.

4 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Then I'd like to give you an easy way to do it. If you don't want to buy ticker bonds just focus on getting the kubrodon lure, buy a couple of the kubrodon synthesis baits and use Ivara or a stealth frame to catch Kubrodons. With the synthesis there's a 4/5 chance of an Incarnadine kubrodon worth 8k standing per perfect capture. This is how I maxed my standing for MR 26 in 15 mins per day. Might save you some time.

I can max my daily standing. That's not a problem. Even if I max my daily standing every day for the rest of the week though I will be less than half way to Old Mate, which is required to do Profit Taker. That's the point. Even if I skipped work just to grind out standing for Profit Taker it's literally impossible.

I'm not even a new player and there is no possible way for me to do this challenge just because I haven't farmed out the standing in the month leading up to the challenge. A challenge that I had no warning that was coming.

• Like 1

Since I don't like Nightwave as a newish player, I was thinking about what would salvage it.

What if instead of changing the rewards the challenge system was changed a bit. Release several repeating daily challenges for 1k rep. These would be easy like they are now, but there would be several.

Leave the 3k rep challenges but make sure they are something that most fairly new players could actually accomplish if they tried.

Change the 5k tier to 10k but these would be super hard and focused on veterans. These would not be for new players at all and would serve to speed up the rep gaining process for long time players.

This way new players have easy challenges they can actually do and veterans can skip the wimpy stuff to save time.

Just now, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

I can max my daily standing. That's not a problem. Even if I max my daily standing every day for the rest of the week though I will be less than half way to Old Mate, which is required to do Profit Taker. That's the point. Even if I skipped work just to grind out standing for Profit Taker it's literally impossible.

I'm not even a new player and there is no possible way for me to do this challenge just because I haven't farmed out the standing in the month leading up to the challenge.

If you're not a new player why are you only MR 10? I mean it's obvious lately that there's more and more things requiring standing, it's one of the things I'd be mainly aiming to push higher. I'm also not saying you can do it for this task, I'm saying you COULD'VE been max rank. That wasn't impossible, that was your choice of play.

For the gilding.. someone already mentioned to just buy a Mote Amp level it and gild it, just did that and it worked. It's 5500 quill standing in total so not a big deal. The using three forma part I don't like, just formaed Hildryn as I wanted her yesterday so I simply just skip it.

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Honestly I didn't take issue, I'm certain there's at least one combo of amp, kitgun or zaw that I don't own and even though I'm at MR 27 and pretty much all my gear is forma'd like mad, I'm just gonna put a few forma on the new Hildryn which for most people that didn't buy it with plat, will be just about done cooking now. Profit Taker, meh it's a double credit weekend and lots of people were willing to run, add as friend etc to get it done and earn an easy couple of million credits for 5 minutes work.

I'm just not a fan of the clan/friend thing, it adds absolutley nothing to the challenge, there is no single point to it being there. And while true that Hildryn is soon done cooking it is still a very poorly thought out thing to force 3 forma, because it kinda shafts the people that got Hildryn early (to support DE at that) and have already put their forma in her, opticor vandal and likely something else during the affinity weekend.

And with kitguns, zaws and amps we might actually be forced to spend plat in order to have room for them and if we already have all the versions we want that will be wasted plat on two weapon slots. It doesnt matter if it is only 12p, it is simply that it is "forced".

DE really needs to rethink the whole task system.

They give us 3 forma for reaching a rank, aswell as a weapon slot, then a few weeks after they ask us to spend that same forma aswell as having that weapon slot open or spend plat to fullfill a task. It is just so very poorly thought through.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, torint_man said:

Complete 3 spy missions

I hate spy missions but I have a friend that likes them. Will probably leech off of him

Catch 6 rare fish in Plains of Eidolon

did they change it so that rare fish can spawn randomly without a bait like in Fortuna? else I will have to leech again

Complete 3 rescue missions

see spy missions

Use 3 forma

Chroma Prime is already in the foundry

Complete 3 exterminate missions

gg ez

Gild a modular weapon

do moas count? because I am crafting one currently

Complete 3 mobile defense missions

gg ez

Kill the Profit-Taker in Orb Vallis while playing with a friend or clanmate

wanted to do that anyway. need the articula

Kill 1,500 enemies

Saryn says hello

Open 10 relics

promised a friend to farm Mesa Prime with him

What do you all think?

I hope that the bouncing tank on PoE will drop rare resources like the exploiter, because I can't be bothered to run the same bounty again and again to level my standing just to catch the rare fishes only to turn them into ugly modular weapons I will never use once I have mastered them

12 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

If you're not a new player why are you only MR 10? I mean it's obvious lately that there's more and more things requiring standing, it's one of the things I'd be mainly aiming to push higher. I'm also not saying you can do it for this task, I'm saying you COULD'VE been max rank. That wasn't impossible, that was your choice of play.

I'm not max MR because I play this game to have fun, not to measure my privates against other players? There's no need for me to grind out MR when I can play and have fun with the weapons I enjoy? There's really nothing I want past MR10 weapon wise and I'm happy with what I have. Up until this point taking a couple months to get standing up has never been a problem. I can play at my pace, have agency in my own game experience, and take things as I go.

Numerous nerfs in the recent history of the game have been about encouraging you to play the game in more fun active ways. To encourage you to take your time exploring what the game has to offer. Since moving to the switch I've been embracing that. Slowly exploring all the game has to offer on a new account.

Nightwave spits in the face of all that, forcing players into tedious play styles that they don't enjoy (i.e. I beat the Kuva farm by spin attacking in a corner with an Atty on Nekros. Even blocked by walls it still does it's job). It encourages them to cheese things and skip over things they would otherwise explore and engage with. It takes the fun out of playing 15 minutes here and there and turns it into 15 minutes of pure grind here and there. And if you don't? You're locked out of exclusives like the new Umbral Forma. You're locked out of all the rewards that with the old alert system you could normally pick up in 2 minutes just by being on and clicking a specific mission.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

And you should play something else...or helping out new players...
All i see is veteran players complainting, but i don´t see any of the new ones making a fuss out of it. I ask you, why is this System worse than the older one? The older one, didn´t have goals to acomplish..just doing the same missions you used to do, for the same reawrds. Did you did them? whith this new system, missions you wouldn't even thinking of doing, now you are doing it, and you are saying "simon says"? you are obliged to do it?No! in the old alert system,  would you do more missions? No.
Dou you have to do all the objective to get all the rewards? NO, just 60%..so why are you all complaining about doing the 3 forma gtoal, or the gilded weapon? don t doi it..Its Just 60% !!!

If you are veteren players, why do you want the rewards? they arent so exclusive aftyer all (besides Umbra Forma), but like i said, justo do 60% ..do what you like..nobodys forcing you..
I love the new system, and know, every week we (me and my friends) are wondering,, what would be the next goals...If i don´t like some, i dont do it...(just 60% needed..)

Edited by Alexcavalera

Just now, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

I'm not max MR because I play this game to have fun, not to $&*^ measure against other players? There's no need for me to grind out MR when I can play and have fun with the weapons I enjoy? There's really nothing I want past MR10 weapon wise and I'm happy with what I have. Up until this point taking a couple months to get standing up has never been a problem. I can play at my pace, have agency in my own game experience, and take things as I go.

Then don't complain, take the game at your own pace like you said, no doubt DE will release other ways to get the items anyway they always do, see Exploiter Orb as a great example. Simply put, all the latest content for the game has been connected to Fortuna and standing reps. It was really obvious and was easy to prepare for. 

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

I'm not max MR because I play this game to have fun, not to measure my privates against other players? There's no need for me to grind out MR when I can play and have fun with the weapons I enjoy? There's really nothing I want past MR10 weapon wise and I'm happy with what I have. Up until this point taking a couple months to get standing up has never been a problem. I can play at my pace, have agency in my own game experience, and take things as I go.

Numerous nerfs in the recent history of the game have been about encouraging you to play the game in more fun active ways. To encourage you to take your time exploring what the game has to offer. Since moving to the switch I've been embracing that. Slowly exploring all the game has to offer on a new account.

Nightwave spits in the face of all that, forcing players into tedious play styles that they don't enjoy (i.e. I beat the Kuva farm by spin attacking in a corner with an Atty on Nekros. Even blocked by walls it still does it's job). It encourages them to cheese things and skip over things they would otherwise explore and engage with. It takes the fun out of playing 15 minutes here and there and turns it into 15 minutes of pure grind here and there. And if you don't? You're locked out of exclusives like the new Umbral Forma. You're locked out of all the rewards that with the old alert system you could normally pick up in 2 minutes just by being on and clicking a specific mission.

But in the old system, you had to be logged, to don´t miss the quest/reward. In this new system, i can be 2 or 3 days whitout playing, and in 1 fullday, playing all the day ( like in weekend day or in a holliday), i could get the same rewards..no more Browser alerts, no more rushing to PC, to see if is any POTATO/  Nitain available.
And like you said, in the old system you in 2 minutes could get what you wanted.Ok,its true, but how many hours, and logging in (just to see what alerts have to you ), How many time spent seeing if any alerts do to, or the ansienty..Now you have some control. You can choose when to play , because you are not "timmed" and where and when to grind.  Need Nitain? Like fishing? lets do some fishing or some bountys. Kill 150 whith toxin? i will far Orokin cells and the same time i will kill 150. Do 5 sorties whith a friend ( its good to reconect to the clan, and for me worked very well).
People complaint about the grind, but this is a GRIND game, always was, always will be.. I don´t se morre grind, than the usual..Everything in this game is a form of Grinding

• Like 2

gilding and formaing as a challenge is stupid, if you can just drop 3 forma on some garbage weapon nobody uses(it's still bollocks) you have to craft and level a modular weapon to 30 to gild it

also fun cause i used like 4 formas yesterday 

Edited by Pro3Display

so one half of the challenges this week is boring and unimaginative and the other half is straight up idiotic, now we have to hold on to our forma/ayatan stars until a challenge comes up instead of using that stuff when we actually need it, also a friend challenge... again. How has no one at DE thought any of this through? Do they let their interns come up with this stuff, or maybe their kids? that would actually make sense and explain the complete shortsightedness of Nightwave and its immature presentation.

OR maybe they should stop going to reddit for their primary feedback and take a look at their own forums, maybe utilize the thing called DESIGN COUNCIL a bit more instead of askin toddlers for their opinions.

• Like 2

Oh my.

I am so tempted to start a rumor that Forma task is a definite sign of Baro bringing a new awesome weapon or Equinox Prime/Primary Kitguns/Tenno reinforcements release this week.

But that Gilding task... I already got my hands on everything I wanted. That’s it, we will get Primary Kitguns or new modular weapons this week.

And that Profit Taker challenge, what a timing, lol! Everyone who farmed that one this weekend, rise a hand, please!

Edit: I call it, Dexcube is coming this week! And new modular? Will be a Ki-Drive. Will annoy a lot of people because Vent-Kids AND can not be guilded. Mmm, imagine the salt...

Edited by rand0mname

14 minutes ago, Alexcavalera said:

But in the old system, you had to be logged, to don´t miss the quest/reward. In this new system, i can be 2 or 3 days whitout playing, and in 1 fullday, playing all the day ( like in weekend day or in a holliday), i could get the same rewards..no more Browser alerts, no more rushing to PC, to see if is any POTATO/  Nitain available.
And like you said, in the old system you in 2 minutes could get what you wanted.Ok,its true, but how many hours, and logging in (just to see what alerts have to you ), How many time spent seeing if any alerts do to, or the ansienty..Now you have some control. You can choose when to play , because you are not "timmed" and where and when to grind.  Need Nitain? Like fishing? lets do some fishing or some bountys. Kill 150 whith toxin? i will far Orokin cells and the same time i will kill 150. Do 5 sorties whith a friend ( its good to reconect to the clan, and for me worked very well).
People complaint about the grind, but this is a GRIND game, always was, always will be.. I don´t se morre grind, than the usual..Everything in this game is a form of Grinding

And if every step gave Wolf Cred? Sure. But when the challenges are tedious asinine things like "stay 60 minutes in a survival mission" and the Wold cred rewards require you to do a weeks worth of missions to get... 15 nitains and nothing else? Even if you're only playing 30 minutes a day the chances are pretty good that you could have gotten some nitain *plus*numerous helmets, weapons skins, and auras in the same time. Would it have been as likely to be the specific one you're looking for? No. But it still encourages new players with little rewards to encourage them to explore the starmap and unlock these alerts.

You say that you can do just the stuff you want, but I think you forget that the first wolf cred was at rank 3, requiring 30,000 standing to unlock. The next one was another 3 ranks away, and then the following one was 6 full ranks away. That's not "You do what you want", that's "You do All of the weekly missions. And HALF of the daily missions. And at least 1 of the Elite Missions. Or else you can't get any nitain this week." If you only have a few hours to play here and there, you're far more likely to stumble on at least some rewards you want via Alerts per day.

• Like 5