Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Week 4

torint_man

The gilding stuff is stupid. Period.

Furthermore, 3 bloody Forma? Really? Why? I have already forma-ed everything I needed to forma, everything else is mastery fodder that doesn't deserve to be forma-ed. So why should one use 3 forma (35 plat, remember) when there's absolutely no need to do it? Unless they are releasing some awesome equipment this week, that's just wasted forma.

Also, I thought we were done with these stupid "friends" missions.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

You say that you can do just the stuff you want, but I think you forget that the first wolf cred was at rank 3, requiring 30,000 standing to unlock. The next one was another 3 ranks away, and then the following one was 6 full ranks away. That's not "You do what you want", that's "You do All of the weekly missions. And HALF of the daily missions. And at least 1 of the Elite Missions. Or else you can't get any nitain this week." If you only have a few hours to play here and there, you're far more likely to stumble on at least some rewards you want via Alerts per day.

The next time Lotus plagues our inbox to let us know the Ghouls are back, go farm them for Nitain. Easy.

• Like 1

Just now, Zilchy said:

The next time Lotus plagues our inbox to let us know the Ghouls are back, go farm them for Nitain. Easy.

You really need to read the whole context of the posts you're replying to, because it's been clear on several of your replies to me that you haven't.

Alex:"This is better than the old system because you don't have to wait for nitain"

Me: "It takes some of the randomness out but it really doesn't cut down on the waiting at all, instead just adding extra farm onto the already existing wait."

You: "Who cares, just wait for this other random event that may happen sometime and is totally irrelevant to the comparison of Nightwave to Alerts."

Yes. You can get nitain from a Ghoul Purge. No that is not relevant to the discussion of the ways nightwave fails compared to Alerts for new players. And no, that doesn't in any way negate the problems with Nightwave for the other rewards that were previously obtainable via Alerts.

10 hours ago, Zyneris said:

100% willing to swap Profit Taker for this. I also think your idea will allow more players to get involved for the challenge.

😆...People.  My post was evidently Sarcasm at it’s finest.

How many points do you get for Profit Taker?

How many points do you get for capturing 100 fugitives?

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

You really need to read the whole context of the posts you're replying to, because it's been clear on several of your replies to me that you haven't.

Alex:"This is better than the old system because you don't have to wait for nitain"

Me: "It takes some of the randomness out but it really doesn't cut down on the waiting at all, instead just adding extra farm onto the already existing wait."

You: "Who cares, just wait for this other random event that may happen sometime and is totally irrelevant to the comparison of Nightwave to Alerts."

Yes. You can get nitain from a Ghoul Purge. No that is not relevant to the discussion of the ways nightwave fails compared to Alerts for new players. And no, that doesn't in any way negate the problems with Nightwave for the other rewards that were previously obtainable via Alerts.

You were talking about not being able to get nitain without doing the nightwave tasks. Your entire argument was based on this. I was proving you wrong, this is not complicated. I read all of your post, I just sift out the junk and answer one particular part. Nothing wrong with that.

Also random event? It's every 2 weeks, without fail. Yeh real random.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 1

Just now, Zilchy said:

You were complaining about not being able to get nitain without doing the nightwave tasks. I was proving you wrong, this is not complicated. I read all of your post, I just sift out the junk and answer one particular part. Nothing wrong with that.

I didn't once complain about not being able to get nitain. Again context. My comments were about Nitain because *Alex's comments were about Nitain* and I was debating his point. I never once said it couldn't be gained outside of Nightwave, I said it was slower to get through Nightwave than through Alerts. Reading comprehension. Please. The "junk" that you're sifting out are clearly important words to the structure of my sentences.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, torint_man said:

Complete 3 spy missions

Catch 6 rare fish in Plains of Eidolon

Complete 3 rescue missions

Use 3 forma

Complete 3 exterminate missions

Gild a modular weapon

Complete 3 mobile defense missions

Kill the Profit-Taker in Orb Vallis while playing with a friend or clanmate

Kill 1,500 enemies

Open 10 relics

What do you all think?

I did my last kitgun last night. Now I have to build something I don't want just to guild it. Stupid. They should stick to mission related objectives. Not to mention the 3 forma an Orb Mother fight.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BlindStalker said:

I'm surprised that being forced to use 3 forma is a thing. I mean I do have stuff I can just chuck forma onto right now, but I'd rather wait as there are other plans I have.

Gilding a modular weapon is annoying. I haven't decided on what I want, so I purposely avoided those because I didn't want to sink resources into something I would regret later. It's also annoying for people who have gilded everything and it's just another resource sink. 

Welp, time to drag clanmates to this again.

Gilding one is the one I'm not really happy for, yeah, yeah I get it, I can skip it and still get the final reward later. 

They could at least have given us  the 3 forma one when we had the double affinity weakend. 

Oh, joy. a weekly i legitimately cannot do cause i only went to rank 3 to gild a kitgun and moa, and now the rep wall is so big that i literally cannot do it in the time allotted. #*!% that. dont make these things impossible for players.
i am MR 20, and ive already finished my rep for today, leaving me at 6k rep. i have 6 days worth of rep remaining, 21000 x 6 is only 126k.

i need more than that to reach old mate.

thanks. i wanted to do every single daily and weekly, as a personal challenge, but i guess thats literally impossible now. and im kinda really pissed off about it.

Edited by Mimikium
typo

Gild an item . . . . So I need to spend plat on more weapon/MOA slots just to gild one and throw it away . . .

Use 3 Forma . . . One week after double Affinity when most people have just finished Formaing every new weapon/frame that was just released in the game.  So basically, now I need to forma something just for the sake of formaing it . . . This challenge should come out the week that they are releasing new weapons/frames as a lot of people will have already forma'd every item in the game, and making them forma something 'just for the sake of it' is demeaning.

Kill 1,500 enemies is a Weekly elite challenge !?!?  WTF this is common for most 20min survival/defense missions etc, this should not be an Elite weekly but more like a daily . . .

Kill the Profit Taker with clan/Friends . . .  I'm in two minds about this one. On one hand, I can see this along the lines of "If you don't have access to it then its something you need to work towards being able to do, you haven't played enough to partake in this challenge". On the other hand, all I see is "Well no matter how hard of a challenge it is, DE are time-gating new players behind month-long reputation grinds just to unlock, so it's impossible to grind/farm towards this week no matter how much they try" This challenge should be replaced with "Kill the exploiter orb" during fracture weeks.

The rest are fine

Finally some actual "challenges" pop up and half the forum went crazy... I feel so special here like on another level of awesomeness. Thx guys! My mom always told me im special, this must be it, cause i have ZERO issues with any challenge so far and guess what? You can skip some challenges and still get to max reward. How awesome is that?         POGGERS

• Like 1

Like I said....used to play daily eventhough I have everything...but the new NW system made this game ann unflexible chorish bore fest. Yet another time gate that takes away player agency behind yet another time gated grind wall. 

I threw three forma in three random trash weapons and deleted them. That is all my bounties done for the week....thank god I don't have to play warframe for another 3 days.

I play do something fun now. 

Next week is pay day and I can make that permanent.

Honestly, im less irritated at the fortune taker orb than I was at the 60 minute kuva masochism tango they had, granted theres no POSSIBLE way a newer player could really get there, but we havent seen any challenges that are operator only, thats locked behind the story wall, at least there they could try for it.

Use 3 forma? Well what if I dont want too? Then dont use them! ok simple enough right? oh wait, I didnt do those spy missions, because I dont play warframe for stealth, ill play Tenchu or Metal gear solid and their ilk for that thank you! also those 5 sorties, again spys, didnt bother before, wont bother after & rescues! same deal, but rescue is just not worth the effort to end up with an endo reward or another statue, so again avoid because not fun for me. guess I better HOPE the next bunch of challenges arent as boring, or tedious, or I wont get the end reward! That big carrot on the stick! the Umbra forma!

& what rewards have wolf creds been worth the last few weeks? Common mods, easily found traded or farmed for, the weapon & frame slots!? very much worth the effort, goofy emotes ill never use, an emblem i could care less about, oh wait!

The new nidus helm, that was worth it, only because it came OUT with this NW fun.

Seriously, nothing has been worth the effort thus far, I couldnt IMAGINE starting over with this system, I understood the not having to watch for alerts you wanted & such, but now, new players have ONLY NW to work with.

Oh well GL folks!

The guilded thing is dumb, but not overly bad. The fish one kinda bothers me a bit, just because rare fish on the plaines have alwase been a pain, even with bait.

The 3 forma one, assuming you where super new, is more or less spend '35 plat', althouhgt relic wise you would probibly get that many trying to do that alone.

Seeing these as the weeks go by, I think this is really geared to people that already had everything done in warframe or trying to soft force people to at lest try most of the content that has come out recently. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb (NSW)Hatemachine:

& what rewards have wolf creds been worth the last few weeks? Common mods, easily found traded or farmed for, the weapon & frame slots!? very much worth the effort, goofy emotes ill never use, an emblem i could care less about, oh wait!

Well, those common mods are not as common now tohu, certain people will sell thme overprized now becasue nightwave is the onyl way to get them now you have to consider, and that is the dumb thing really, older palyers ahve no use for such and newer ones have ot decide if they take auras or nitain, evne with nitain  able to get from ghouls and hive caches i think, its stil lrare and RNG with the alternatives, while older players like me sit on 88 nitains with everything builded that needs it already.

Alerts as RNG as they were were atleast another alternative i say and i nto see why thos could not exist along Niightwave simply.

The missions aren't hard, actually. Just wait for the fissure missions to overlap with the requested weeklies, and you can complete both concurrently while also finishing the 1500 kills one. That's a lot of standing in a very short time.

The profit taker is probs the only annoying one.

That being said, the 3 forma one is pretty shady, when you consider a 3 forma bundle is conveniently available for ... 35 plat

Edited by Guest

I think the amount anyone likes nightwave is dependent on how closely it relates to what they were intending to do anyway. I've just built a zaw but hit the standing cap before I could gild it which is convenient for me but a pain for others. The other ones, achieving a number of kills, completing various missions are all things that I might do anyway, I will combine them with opening some of my vast collection of relics and the requirements will me met easily. The only thing I'm not going to do is the profit taker because I don't have the standing.

59 minutes ago, Teitaka said:

Kill the Profit Taker with clan/Friends . . .  I'm in two minds about this one. On one hand, I can see this along the lines of "If you don't have access to it then its something you need to work towards being able to do, you haven't played enough to partake in this challenge". On the other hand, all I see is "Well no matter how hard of a challenge it is, DE are time-gating new players behind month-long reputation grinds just to unlock, so it's impossible to grind/farm towards this week no matter how much they try" This challenge should be replaced with "Kill the exploiter orb" during fracture weeks.

No two minds here.

First, they are back to the "make fake friends" cr@p that I was hoping they got a clue about and stopped doing from last week on.

Second, this one is hidden behind a faction wall that, if you are not already there, is unsurmountable within a week. If they had disabled their daily faction limit this may have become an interesting challenge, but as it is now it's just frustrating people with the 5K faction they can't get whatever they do.

11 hours ago, MystMan said:

Ok, I gilded the Mote Amp.  It counts.  It is easily the quickest and cheapest method for those who already gilded everything else.

Costs 500 rep to buy the blueprint, 11 minutes to craft the whole amp (instead of separate parts which have longer crafting time and use more resources), 5000 rep to gild.   Trade it to Onkko to get 1612 rep back. Done.

My Hero! Was just going down the list of what hurts the least to redo.

Knocked out the Profit Taker in the first few minutes of logging in. I was planning on making a new zaw for Profit Taker anyway so this motivated me to do it. Spent the 3 exterminations leveling my new zaw and formaing it. It needs some more forma so I'll probably level it in the spy or rescue. 

Caught 6 Murkray in a few minutes. The rest of the triple missions should be easy. The 1500 kills will happen while doing all the others. I just need to wait for a capture fissure to knock out those 10 relics.

Pretty easy week. Still no wolf sighting though.

Edited by (PS4)Double991