Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, can you please stop putting out new frames?

Ikyr0

Before fixing the old ones. 

The last three frames were ok. Garuda and Baruuk aren't very popular, but they're fun and so is Hildryn. They're not top tier, and require quite a bit more tweaking.

Meanwhile, we have Ember, Nyx, Vauban, Zephyr, Wukong, Titania that are extremely outdated and subpar, and a bunch others that require a decent amount of buffing. 

We need a passive rework badly. 

Wisp will likely be another subpar frame, so add that to the list. 

Frames obviously aren't tested/balanced enough before release, so you always make a ton of extra work for yourself. 

It would be a great idea to slow down on the new frames, because you have at least 6-7 that you could rework into "new", fresh frames. I understand you need the access packs to keep bringing money in. But please fix the old frames and rework the passives. Why can't Pablo keep doing incredible reworks like Nezha's, who is an A+ frame now? 

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 2

how about no? new frames help immensely keeping the game fresh, and its not like those old frames need some massive amount devtime when they mostly could be fixed with some number changes, which is more thinking over anything else anyway. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Zeclem said:

how about no? new frames help immensely keeping the game fresh, and its not like those old frames need some massive amount devtime when they mostly could be fixed with some number changes, which is more thinking over anything else anyway. 

how about yes? 

new frames don't keep the game fresh if they're bad or subpar. I see one Garuda/Baruuk per week. yeah, very fresh. Primes also keep the game fresh, you don't need to keep putting out new ones. 

number changes? you mean entire reworks.

• Like 2

Just now, Ikyr0 said:

how about yes? 

new frames don't keep the game fresh if they're bad or subpar. I see one Garuda/Baruuk per week. yeah, very fresh. Primes also keep the game fresh, you don't need to keep putting out new ones. 

they are not bad or subpar, and they always keep the game for people who enjoy them, and i see plenty of garudas and hildryns including myself. and no, i mean number changes. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

how about yes? 

1- your experience doesn’t reflect others’ or the game’s, it’s strictly subjective 

2- new frame generally need more farming to get, compare a frame you get from a boss to baruuk for examples, which you need to be max with one syndicate, farm a boss and mid rank with another syndicate...popularity isn’t a factor here, older frames are ‘more common’ because they’re old

3- DE already addresses this several times, forget about new frames being the new meta, that won’t happen, it’s pretty clear that new frames offer new platystyles and try to be different or unique while having functionality and ‘power’ in mind. If you keep expecting (and comparing) the next Saryn or trinity then you’ll always be disappointed and again, that’s on you 

4- there are no ‘full reworks’, old frames aren’t gonna get 4 new abilities just like. A rework is a change/addition/removal of 1 ability at least, a tweak is change or buff in some or all abilities. DE tends to give tweaks and for the most part it works

The factor of financial benefit is also a big consideration. DE gains little to no money if they do reworks or tweaks, maybe if it comes with a prime or skin but that’s the best case scenario. New frames (especially with huge grind walls) generate more money and thus have more importance in development 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

how about yes? 

Just because you don't see them being used often automatically means they are bad? Or is it because people will only default to the easiest choices?

If you can explain why they are objectively bad against enemies, then do explain that. If they are bad because, "X frame can't do A as easily as Y", it does not instantly mean that X is bad.

Ultimately, this is just "make everything OP and broken".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

The factor of financial benefit is also a big consideration. DE gains little to no money if they do reworks or tweaks, maybe if it comes with a prime or skin but that’s the best case scenario. New frames (especially with huge grind walls) generate more money and thus have more importance in development 

The truth, F2P games rely on keep releasing new shiny stuff to survive and stopping releasing stuff is like asking them to close the game.

9 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

1- your experience doesn’t reflect others’ or the game’s, it’s strictly subjective 

2- new frame generally need more farming to get, compare a frame you get from a boss to baruuk for examples, which you need to be max with one syndicate, farm a boss and mid rank with another syndicate...popularity isn’t a factor here, older frames are ‘more common’ because they’re old

3- DE already addresses this several times, forget about new frames being the new meta, that won’t happen, it’s pretty clear that new frames offer new platystyles and try to be different or unique while having functionality and ‘power’ in mind. If you keep expecting (and comparing) the next Saryn or trinity then you’ll always be disappointed and again, that’s on you 

4- there are no ‘full reworks’, old frames aren’t gonna get 4 new abilities just like. A rework is a change/addition/removal of 1 ability at least, a tweak is change or buff in some or all abilities. DE tends to give tweaks and for the most part it works

1 - my experience doesn't reflect others'? ok so people don't want old frames and passives to be reworked? utter nonsense.

2 - this is just false. farming these frames in a joke for vets, yet they're nowhere to be seen. I got Hildryn after a few exploiter runs. 

3. what? why do frames like Saryn exist in the first place then? a frame can feel and play differently, but still be a B- or A-tier frame. most players won't get the new frame if it's subpar. you have no argument here. 

4. a full rework is something like tweaking the numbers and changing what an ability does. 

5. it literally takes 1 dude, Pablo, to do one frame rework a month. you should be advocating for this instead of being a lapdog. 

Edited by Ikyr0

17 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

1 - my experience doesn't reflect others'? ok so people don't want old frames and passives to be reworked? utter nonsense.

thats not what they said tho, they said your experience on a frame being "bad" or "it doesnt bring freshness to game" doesnt reflect others opinions. but yeah, nice try on changing what others said to suit your agenda.

2 - this is just false. farming these frames in a joke for vets, yet they're nowhere to be seen. I got Hildryn after a few exploiter runs. 

you do know that not everybody is a vet right?

3. what? why do frames like Saryn exist in the first place then? a frame can feel and play differently, but still be a B- or A-tier frame. most players won't get the new frame if it's subpar. you have no argument here. 

"most players wont get the new frame if its subpar" well good that none of the new frames were subpar then.

4. a full rework is something like tweaking the numbers and changing what an ability does. 

is that why you somehow think making new frames somehow make it harder for de to rework existing frames?

5. it literally takes 1 dude, Pablo, to do one frame rework a month. you should be advocating for this instead of being a lapdog. 

yeah cus pablo does nothing else within the company and just waits for the next rework /s. and what makes you think it would only take him a month? 

Edited by Zeclem
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

They're not top tier, and require quite a bit more tweaking.

By what standard, player made "tiers" are never a good metric.

I can't speak for wukong as i didn't like him and thus didn't keep him but all the rest mentioned work well when ever i take them out. Some of them got a recent look at and despite what the whining minority on here thinks they are largely fine and DE seem to certainly be happy with them.

Edited by AzureTerra

Of course they should stop making new frames. If a frame isn't a room nuker, as I've always said, then its trash. Yes. DE is just wasting time coming up with new tools (because that's what frames are) for the game. If such tool isn't pretty much a copy of Saryn or Mesa it's trash.

In other words I'll just repeat my statement from the last such post:

Everyone wants to feel the power of a Saryn and wipe out 8 ESO waves single handedly. But all of us also like having the full support of a Roar Rhino, an EV Trin, a Speed Volt. But that's a job for others, not me. I must be the shining star of the battlefield. If a new frame, aka the most sought after on release, can't wipe entire maps then I won't like it. Because that frame doesn't let me be the shining star of the battlefield.

Also, never mind that DE has a Prime Access scheduled for every 3 months, give or take, and that Warframes are needed for it. PA is one of DE's major breadmakers, and regular frame releases tend to also be every 3 months give or take except when they need to further work on the frame before release. They won't just stop that because a player among 27+ millions registered losers is bored.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx
  • Like 1

Nah, gimme that MR exp. 

You may as well tell them to stop making weapons too and to just keep 3 weapons repeatedly buffed.
Because every weapon that comes out is just another copy just stronger or a side grade. 

New frame appearances and ability ideas can help the game grow, and also give ideas towards reworks. 

Plus not every frame should go to deep end-game anyways, everything can handle sortie levels, thats good enough. Just because you can't dominate a level 300+ with everything even the starter frames, doesn't mean they need to be changed.   

If a new frame comes out and just ends up being a better version of X 
Doesn't mean that X needs to be reworked/changed/buffed/blabla

There's a finite amount of abilities/ideas that can be mixed, and given different effects, so of course some frames are going to seem like duplicates. same can be said about weapons/companions though. 

but don't forget as well, they had 4 frames in the works on top of the other re-works they have done. 
it's not like they drop all attention just do make A frame. 

Edited by Vesiga

I've been playing for only a couple months and Don't even have a third of the frames yet. I think some of the frames you mention, like Nyx, are actually really fun and don't care if she gets changed or not. Maybe she isn't a top choice for sorties or something, but I like her anyway.

I do acknowledge that some frames offer more raw power than others. I see what happens when I play with someone using Saryn, Trinity, or Chroma. But, I don't think the slightly weaker frames are bad. Honestly, it seems to me that sometimes the difference in frame strength is wether you finish a mission in 5 minutes or 6 minutes. I just don't care enough to want a rebalance.

I think the balance fix you're talking about is actually the wrong direction anyway. I think that the top frames are too powerful not that the weaker ones are too weak. 

Edited by BeldarTheBrave
  • Like 4

I can agree to a certain extent such as frame that is in the trash which is currently is (Vauban, nyx,). Wukong and Titania I don't know since getting them is hassle especially with Titania quest.

Ember is understandable since she got nerf especially her 4, oof. She is now in a bad spot

Now for zephyr? I agree her 4 is a bit weird and a bit clucky(if that's what you meant), but her kit is not that outdated, she's in a good place at a moment

Now releasing new frame is okay as long if they will try to rework and buff the other frames. 

1 minute ago, Catastor said:

they're more focused on priming crap than fixing or polishing existing content, they started to ''rework'' frames when they have deluxe skins ready for them but all that changed when they still have the balls and face to prime chroma without even a trailer let alone a rework or qol change and all the whiteknights and cultists was swatting anybody who criticize that disgusting show of greed.

Sadly this is the case, remember Vauban rework?

6 minutes ago, Benour said:

I want more frames! More weapons, more everything! Also vauban is top tier frame learn to play plebs. Please milk me DE i have to much plat and no use for it anyway! 

Don't worry about that, they probably gonna put wisp behind a pay wall then release after a week or 2 week like hyldryn

6 minutes ago, Benour said:

I want more frames! More weapons, more everything! Also vauban is top tier frame learn to play plebs. Please milk me DE i have to much plat and no use for it anyway! 

Don't worry about that, they probably gonna put wisp behind a pay wall then release after a week or 2 week like hyldryn

Just now, Benour said:

Hildryn is literally easiest frame to farm. Im sporting 2 hildryns already and building third. Yeah such paywall, such tragedy... 

Yeah, but she was lock behind a paywall. Keep in mind WAS. There's was no way to access to exploiter orb figth at all at the event, at the time the only way to get her was buying her.

DE need to strike a balance between all of these activities. You've seen the lively debate in this thread: we all have different ways of playing and enjoying warframe.

Prioritising one activity over another is something small dev teams do. DE has around 200 people and so they're going to push forward in all areas at once. Both frame reworks and new warframes are a small part of what goes on and are done in a way where they don't take resources from each other. 

Someone else here mentioned business priorities and they're correct. This is why we've had primes with no trailers, frames with no quests and new weapons dumped straight into the dojo or market without an event to introduce them. They know that people don't pay platinum for trailers, quests and events and without that plat flowing they would not sustain that big team of 200.

So the bad news for you is no, they're  not going to stop making new frames. But the good news is that they will keep reworking them, too. Personally I want both of these, too. And I don't think wanting more warframes in a game called Warframe is an unpopular opinion.