Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arch melee rework?

Genesix6

I know we're getting archwing rework probably late 2019, but I want to know is there any plan of reworking the arch melee system?

Particularly my problem with the melee arch is that

-you automatically get close to the enemies, which is a bit annoying

-you contantly moving up left right that you can't even see your frame (unless your frame use a color that's doesn't blend with the environment this wouldn't be an issue)

-no combo at all, just spamming button seems to be the case

-enemies  that got hit by the arch melee doesn't have that much impact, they only got knockback (maybe this is my own personal problem)

So my question is again, is there any plan for arch melee rework?

1 hour ago, Genesix6 said:

-you automatically get close to the enemies, which is a bit annoying 

Given archwing controls, this is archmelee's only saving grace.

1 hour ago, Genesix6 said:

-no combo at all, just spamming button seems to be the case

Considering the wide open space, enemies usually dying by 1 or 2 shots and the range between them, what purpose would a combo serve?

43 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Given archwing controls, this is archmelee's only saving grace.

Well that's why I want to know if there is arch melee rework. Since archwing is getting rework, the control and movement would probably change as well. It would also affect the arch melee as well

48 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Considering the wide open space, enemies usually dying by 1 or 2 shots and the range between them, what purpose would a combo serve?

Well if the new archwing control came, the new arch melee system would also be different or change right? The way how they attack, the range, also Arch melee usually focus 1 at a time would also be changed. Since some combo have AoE, multistrike. Also keep in mind when DE release the new arch melee system they would also need to release new mission as well, high level enemies might appear.

In my opion, particularly combo usually are given to the player to have option on what they want to use combo. In arch melee there is only one

4 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

Well that's why I want to know if there is arch melee rework. Since archwing is getting rework, the control and movement would probably change as well. It would also affect the arch melee as well

Well if the new archwing control came, the new arch melee system would also be different or change right? The way how they attack, the range, also Arch melee usually focus 1 at a time would also be changed. Since some combo have AoE, multistrike. Also keep in mind when DE release the new arch melee system they would also need to release new mission as well, high level enemies might appear.

In my opion, particularly combo usually are given to the player to have option on what they want to use combo. In arch melee there is only one

There isnt one announced, but if they touch up AW its only fair to assume they might look at melee.