Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe: Blade [Melee Based Warframe] (With Skills Animation)

kkphilip

Straight to the point!
Melee Master - BLADE

uploadver.jpg

Force Sabre
82417261.gif
50 Energy
Cast a boost to melee weapon: Fire Rate, Range, Melee dmg, Crit Chance, Crit dmg, Charge dmg, gains dmg bonus to infested and ignore armor.
LV1: x1.1, 5s
LV2: x1.2, 10s
LV3: x1.3, 15s

Shield Dagger
93544111.gif
40 Energy
BLADE releases 5 butterfly knifes from his back, deflect projectile and thrust any melee range enemy for a period.
LV1: Dagger dmg 20 fire rate 2, 5s
LV2: Dagger dmg 25 fire rate 2.2, 10s
LV3: Dagger dmg 30 fire rate 2.5, 15s

Sword Raid
s3ar.gif
75 Energy
BLADE vanishs and draws a quick arc. Leave countless slash afterimages deal DoT.
The first slash doesn't deal damage.
50/hit, upgrade duration.

Sheer
s4a.gif
100 Energy
All foes around will be pulled in front of BLADE and gives them a iai slash.

The slash itself doesn't has a large range but deal tough damage in return.

Digits are place holder, welcome to discuss.

Presented by
Concept: kkphilip
Art: Disthe

Edited by kkphilip

Characters using iaido are very common in orient game world.

Vergil doesn't own the copy right of the moves.

Deimus of Cyphers

Zhou Tai of Dynasty Warriors

Warrior of Kritika 

Long Sword of Toukiden

Vergil is too bright with his halo(very well known iaido character) doesn't mean iaido had became his private property.

I admit creating a character out of the shadow of the famous is difficult.

Head of BLADE is cross section of a nihontou steel:
nihontousteels.jpg

BLADE with horns
warframebladebydisthera.jpg

BLADE without horns
uploadver.jpg

Edited

Edited by Disthe

Hey kkphilip, you seem to be a fan of Teknoman / Tekkaman Blade, since you named the character, and almost every skill, as the anime's main villains and hero :P

Actually, I have watched the entire series, and can surely tell you, the "warframe" concept is REALLY SIMILAR to Teknoman's concept.

Here he is:

41fc39d14c874f42be88fa51b08d71fe.jpeg

Teknoman tells about a race of alien invaders called the Venomoid (or Radam in japanese version) who, through infected spores and pods, start to invade earth and various planets.

The Teknoman and Teknosuit (Tenno, Tekno :P) is a result between a fusion of the human body and venomoid technology, resulting in a powerful exoskeleton.

There are various Teknomen and women, like Blade's Brother "Sabre", "Dagger", "Darkon", and Blade's sister "Shara".

tumblr_m78yghkCoM1qbm1xvo1_500.jpg

The Teknomen use both melee and ranged weapons, both military weapons (machineguns and whatnot) and energy beams.

Rings a bell?

Edited by Takko

My friend, I take a champagne as you wish!

Blade

warframebladebydisthera.jpgwarframebladebydisthefa.jpg

Blade without Horns

warframebladebydistheno.jpg

I really like this concept. the artwork is very cool, and it fits with the art design of the game. Well Done. Definitely like the Hornless version the best.

Edited by Zerroth

Hey Takko, it's a coincidence. Actually, the concept of abilities is designed firstly, then I try to name the abilities with my poor english.

P.S. Teknomen seems quite interesting.

I didnt mean that your Frame is inspired by Teknoman. I meant the whole game concept is :D

At least it seems that way.

I wonder if creators were inspired by the anime.

I really like this concept. the artwork is very cool, and it fits with the art design of the game. Well Done. Definitely like the Hornless version the best.

I personally prefer the hornless as well.

Thanks for your appreciate :)

I'm working on the rear view and gif animation of Blade's skills right now.

Welcome to check them out later.

I have another idea for your 3rd skill

BLADE active his sensor detect all enemy in his range then he can teleport to enemy and deal amount of damage to them.

Base range 125m can teleport twice times and deal 150 damage

Boosted have range 175m can teleport four times deal 150 plus lvl of warframe x2.5

I have another idea for your 3rd skill

BLADE active his sensor detect all enemy in his range then he can teleport to enemy and deal amount of damage to them.

Base range 125m can teleport twice times and deal 150 damage

Boosted have range 175m can teleport four times deal 150 plus lvl of warframe x2.5

thanks for your suggestion, but it is too similar to Ash's bladestorm

Ultimate can be a blade field. Blade will slam melee weapon on ground, and area surrounding will have a whole field of holographic swords sticking up on ground, huge damage on hit, low damage + slow effect as enemy walk through the field and get tanged in the blades, allowing for quick dispatch.

Ok so i did a little edit on my suggestion, here is it:

BLADE active his special sensor detect all enemy in his range then he inject all enemy being detected by a virus (or something) that increase his damage on them and increase movement speed if he run toward them.

Increase damage by a flast amount or x2 his melee damage (this damage doesn't count if target have energy shield) and penetration target energy shield by a bonus flat damage or his 0.75 melee damage. Increase movement speed by 20%.

@EDIT: Sensor last 20 or more seconds and the virus (or something) will disappear after the sensor off.

BLADE is a melee fighter, he must have a closer gap.

Edited by LuanKing

• 2 weeks later...

Rear View

warframebladerearbydist.jpgwarframebladerearcbydis.jpg

BLADE stands with Braton

rifley.jpg

Force Sabre

82417261.gif

Shield Dagger

93544111.gif

P.S. Daggers have certain chance to stun. Stab only activate at very close range.

Sword Raid

s3ar.gif

P.S. The first arc slash doesn't deal damage.

Lord of the Blade

s4a.gif

P.S. All foes around will be pulled in front of BLADE before the slash.

i agree with some posts here that this frame idea is basically already present in the form of excalibur and ash (kinda both and inbetween)

but regardless it's clear the OP put some time and effort into this, and in all honesty it's some really nice work

so keep the ideas coming people, im sure DE is listening =]

love the animations, think there needs to be a larger difference between skill 3 and 4, also in terms of effect skill 4 is dangerously close to mags crush, so perhaps thats the one to change.

since he already has plenty of crowd control perhaps a single target or precisely aimed hit would be apt.