Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe: Blade [Melee Based Warframe] (With Skills Animation)

kkphilip

I agree that we need another 1 or 2 melee base oriented warframes. The blade shield is a pretty nice idea as for the "force sword" as some people are calling it, we could maybe change it to be a stationary version of Excalibur's blade rush just with a more narrow AOE but longer range?

As for the name "Blade" I think that is still to akin to Excalibur seeing it is a name of a sword. Maybe, just to compliment the name Excalibur, it being an western name of origin, maybe Kusanagi or Tsurugi as its counterpart. Possibly Galatine or Flamberge if you wish to stick to the western European names.

Edited by KurokoOkami

I haven't seen this before, very nice :D

As for the skill execution, like Dante suggested he could be always having that skana on his arm and use another weapon, but the skills would be executed with the skana, like Excalibur does. And the could be something less general, like Kuroko suggested. Something of eastern origin would suit his just fine (Muramasa, Masamune or any well known sword name.)

Itll be more like he unleashes his sword when he uses his skills.

It wont be replacment to a regular mele weapon.

what do you think.

Yes, thats a skill specialize sword.

and also his sword must be on his left hand so he can draw it with right.

BLADE is temporary left hand dominated =)

--------------------------------

Warframe doesn't focus animation on skill moves. Frames cast the skills with pretty simple move like raise their hands - done!

BLADE technically failed the era of Warframe, his moves are too delicate.

The most important purpose for me here introducing BLADE is the idea. The way he looks or moves is minor and flexible.

Just a message to devs, here is a cool theme for your future frame.

---------------------------------

For those who still struggling about Vergil.

Characters using iaido are very common in orient game world as you may see Shoryuken is commonly seen in fighting/action games.

If CAPCOM sues every iaido swordman game characters will likely sues every games with shoryuken.

Vergil is too bright with his halo(the most well known iaido character) doesn't mean iaido had became his private property.

I have to admit creating a iaido character out of the shadow of Vergil is difficult and it is all game creative also facing.

Sorry, if audience feel offensed. I don't mean to be rude or impolite.

---------------------------------

I'm currently drawing a BLADE bundle with

1. Susanoo (Rifle category use sniper ammo)

Wave shooter:

default 5 rounds.

Emit a horizontal wave slash but only travel a certain distance.

Emit a vertical one while using in mid air.

Penetrate enemy. (does not ignore armour).

Charge up (consume 2~3 rounds depends on the time charged) the damge, travel distance and width of the wave.

2. Flint (Pistol category)

A Boomerang

3. Setsuna (Melee)

A Iai sword carry aside the hip

https://forums.warfr...quick-draw-now/

With this set of weapons, I can call it a melee value meal.

I find the abilities interesting; far more interesting and fresh compared to most of the skills we currently have.

However my only peeve about the Blade is in the design.

I find that incorporating a weapon into the base model of a character in ANY game leads to frustration:

-I have a dagger there and yet i cannot pull it out??

-Why do i have a grenade that is on my bandolier, and yet i cannot? (TF2)

Why not turn the Katana on the arm into some sort of organic backward blade, along with another one on the other arm?

If anything, why not have the Suit-Organic Blade on the right arm (just like right now) and have the Shield (Bits) Deployment Things on the left?

In terms of aesthetics, it would look far more interesting (in my opinion of course).

I didnt mean that your Frame is inspired by Teknoman. I meant the whole game concept is :D

At least it seems that way.

I wonder if creators were inspired by the anime.

just to clear things up (and u can also google it) the game, or more, the game's warframes are inspired by "gyver" and old anime series from i think the 1980's

just to clear things up (and u can also google it) the game, or more, the game's warframes are inspired by "gyver" and old anime series from i think the 1980's

Because of this thread and warframe, I watched both in between forum postings...still not done with watching either...the whole batch of either one.

Edited by shoudra

Personally, I think it'd be cooler if both arms had swords attached to them, since he's an only-melee based warframe. Also, no sheathes; just the blades sticking out of his arms. It'll be different from Vergil's design, so no copyright problems there.

Edited by Shinichilee

Kkphilip - it's nice you are showing us pictures from different sources and different users, but the fact is, that all of them are abilities of Vergil in DMC3 (or are reaaaly similar ones) + the visual similarity.

And considering the term "Yamato" - maybe I missed something, but Yamato is only related to swords thanks to the Vergil and his sword, which has the name of Yamato, but afaik there is no other "yamato" sword type.

Yamato is a very common Japanese term, and in Japanese history was used to refer to a region of Japan, the dominant ethnic group of Japan, part of the name of the concept of the ideal Japanese woman (Yamato Nadeshiko), and the name of an entire class of Japanese battleships. Vergil's sword was named after it because it was a katana, and thus was more Japanese than anything else in the game.

As for the people who seem to think this is "melee only", I STRONGLY doubt that it would be SOLELY melee, especially given that one of the ability concept .gifs has him HOLDING A GUN. My understanding is more that it was intended to have a melee FOCUS, with the arm-sheathed sword used for abilities.

[insert 'alright gentlemen' meme here]

We DEFINITELY need another melee class.

Make a tank (give it a sacrificial assault skill and he'll be a berzerker, melee4u), finally add a gun warframe (a balistae skill would be ill as sh**), or a mage (or healer, but trinity doesn't seem to be so popular)

But we DEFINITELY don't need another melee dps

please look back #1 last sentence and #40

yeah i know just had throw that in there because i forgot but by the way the design is very nice indeed i like the animation...oh deleted what i put so yeah

Edited by edryuu

yeah i know just had throw that in there because i forgot but by the way the design is very nice indeed i like the animation...oh deleted what i put so yeah

It is fine but i just wonder someone may miss the information.

Honestly, the sword-attached idea is from Vergil but those skills are not . Maybe i just list them out.

Skill 1 : buff your melee(it can be dagger, hammer, axe) but pose from

kenshin-p02-13.jpg

Skill 2 :

00_Qan(T).png

Skill 3 :

c20090828_basara3_21_cs1w1_640x360.jpg

Skill 4 :

2180010890_e79cae2159.jpg?v=0

1341400.jpg

He is a combination of different sword/katana user rather than a direct copy from Vergil. If u keep saying that is a copy of Vergil. I have no other choice but to surrender.

Ironically Vergil shares those moves. but still, I think they'd have to make it look less like it's anime counterparts if they didn't want a lawsuit. I'm just saying.