Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Wolf Club

Venatorio

On 2019-03-19 at 6:09 AM, MSVaah said:

I've seen some videos of people doing just that! It looks pretty fun, i can imagine it being pretty hilarious with Ivara's Navigator ability, haha.

Shy have done it to the most extreme conclusion:

I got him twice yesterday in two low level Earth missions while all 3 of the party were using leveling equipment. 8 minutes to kill the first time, under 5 for the next time. Got Eleventh Storm and a part for the weapon. So that makes 3 times seeing him and getting two weapon parts.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have now seen the wolf once and kinda wish I'd never seen him, the encounter was just super unfun. In no short part due to the fact that I wasn't even remotely geared for "The Wolf" (because leveling with friends) and at this point I give exactly zero heccs about "The Wolf". I'd rather gear out to have fun not for the 1:100 chance that the wolf is going to take a steaming dump on your game. 

Kinda reminds me of the comment during one of the devstreams about the wolf encounters being so prevalent that you're going to be sick of him by the end of the event..... mission accomplished I guess and it only took one encounter 

On 2019-03-22 at 1:33 AM, Gamma745 said:

Shy have done it to the most extreme conclusion:

Shy is a national treasure 

I've "seen" the wolf 3 times.  The first time I was on a low level frame and he pretty much insta killed me.  The second time I was able to kill him but it took a long long fight because the dude is super tanky and I wasn't in a full high level load out.  I had the best luck on the 3rd encounter because I was on a tanky frame (Hildryn) and had a fully leveled Paracesis with radiation damage so I was able to whittle him down in a few minutes.  That said, nothing dropped from him so it wasn't worth the time and effort.

I didn't see Wolf until last week...then I got him in 2 successive missions. First time on Jupiter...I was surprised and slightly confused, panicked a bit and he killed me quite easily. Second time was on Venus, I was slightly better prepared and had the presence of mind to dodge and bullet jump around. Eventually killed him, though he still took most of my health.

Am I right in thinking his health & damage scale, depending on which planet you meet him on?

4 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

I didn't see Wolf until last week...then I got him in 2 successive missions. First time on Jupiter...I was surprised and slightly confused, panicked a bit and he killed me quite easily. Second time was on Venus, I was slightly better prepared and had the presence of mind to dodge and bullet jump around. Eventually killed him, though he still took most of my health.

Am I right in thinking his health & damage scale, depending on which planet you meet him on?

His hp and damage scale off of the mission level, so in general: yes, planet dictates the Wolf’s strength. 

Ignoring dark sectors, he will be stronger on Eris than Earth.

... or so the wiki tells me. I’ve got no personal experience with him. 

😕

Edited by Venatorio

Didn't see him til the middle of the 4th week and didn't see him again til 3 days ago only got a handle off of him and nothing else. See loads of his buddies scattered around though, hell almost a quarter of my NW ranks came from them alone.