Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.2

[DE]Megan

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hotfix 24.5.2

No revert for the Exploiter vents? Look, if you absolutely insist on making the first part mandatory, then you need to shorten the second part by a half or so.

12 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Why don't we just drop arcanes too while we're at it.

Yes, why don't we? As boring as Exploiter is, it's still more fun than Eidolons.

6 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

No revert for the Exploiter vents? Look, if you absolutely insist on making the first part mandatory, then you need to shorten the second part by a half or so.

Yes, why don't we? As boring as Exploiter is, it's still more fun than Eidolons.

Because it's just giving far too much away, the resource drops from it are already ridiculous, all it does is remove incentive to play other aspects of the game. That's not good for growth.

I would be all for getting rid of the exploit with the vents if you also increased the drop chance of the emphera, but no instead you keep it all the same and just make something that was a VERY mildly entertaining grind into a tedious long winded chore, I would also understand if you could buy the emphera with platinum but no instead you force us to use a very select few frames (because let’s face it it’s tank or nothing now) to do this tedious chore! 

Fyi 10 complete sets of Hildryn and 0 emphera is not an interesting or entertaining mission in anyway shape or form it’s just a chore! This is suppose to be a game yet you won’t let us find creative/fun/interesting solutions to the problems you give us!

14 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Because it's just giving far too much away, the resource drops from it are already ridiculous, all it does is remove incentive to play other aspects of the game. That's not good for growth.

I disagree. Removing the need to play the terrible parts of the game is a good thing. That's what Helios did for scanning, which is a giant PITA to do manually, and it's likewise a step in the right direction to remove the need to do fishing and mining. While personally I'd do it by making the useless Oxylus sentinel mine and fish automatically, similar to Helios scanning, putting the resources into a boss drop table is also a suitable solution. And as far as I'm concerned, next on the chopping block of awful content might as well be the Eidolons. Maybe someday...

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time! 

Well a gentle reminder, although fixing this back to the intended function is good but it is considered ruining the fun for players (which they are ones that spend money on this game). So instead of implementing a queue for the boss fight, you guys ruin the fun for players. By doing such thing, it will obvious caused unpleasantly from players.

Another thing is... during the first week of Nightwave, players have suggested not to include missions that require playing with clanmates or friends but still there is such mission. So Scott, people have spoken nicely but time and again not-so-friendly things are done to players, how can you expect players to speak nicely again next time?

10 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I disagree. Removing the need to play the terrible parts of the game is a good thing. That's what Helios did for scanning, which is a giant PITA to do manually, and it's likewise a step in the right direction to remove the need to do fishing and mining. While personally I'd do it by making the useless Oxylus sentinel mine and fish automatically, similar to Helios scanning, putting the resources into a boss drop table is also a suitable solution. And as far as I'm concerned, next on the chopping block of awful content might as well be the Eidolons. Maybe someday...

As you said, as far as you're concerned, not everybody. Many of us like Eidolons.

Just now, Zilchy said:

As you said, as far as you're concerned, not everybody. Many of us like Eidolons.

That's why I'm suggesting removing the need to play them, not removing them. Even though Helios exists, you can still run around scanning things manually if you want. Same thing.

4 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

That's why I'm suggesting removing the need to play them, not removing them. Even though Helios exists, you can still run around scanning things manually if you want. Same thing.

Well you're not really. See the way players work, they will choose the most efficient route possible, that's just how it is. So by moving the rewards from a certain element of the game, you make damn sure that element isn't played anymore, even if it's considered fun by people.

Thank you for the fix 🙂

That whole "We need a Nova to skip a part of a bossfight-meta" was already getting stale. Lot of QQ by people who think bossfights should be easy and "efficient".. If I wanted efficiency in my videogames to finish them faster so I could do something else, I should REALLY be doing something else..

Nova is still awesome on this fight btw.. her CC and Mite-detonation with Molecular Fission is fun enough fireworks as is right now.

* Can I have the energy color saturation on Ivara's skirt fixed please?

Im fine with the vents being destroyable one at a time. Majority if those who were hosting were inly demanding Nivas most of the time. Exploiet is foable on all warframes, unlike Profit taler which hell of a lot harder if there's no damager buffers

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Exploiter Orb Fixes:

• Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time!  

oh my god,  Content is Dead...

Isn't it bad to try to lighten down the play rate?
Even though there are many Tennos who are plagued by the low rare drop rate, I am saddened with the correction to make it take a long time for mischief.

More than that, it is the length of the mission that I want it to end with the 1st wave (indoor) or an additional reward with the 2nd wave (outdoor).

10 часов назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Exploiter Orb Fixes:

• Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time! 

Really, it was very useful to use nova in a such a way. Her 2nd skill literally useless in most situations and now it was destroyed for this fight/boss also. So, let me get this right. From one hand we have Infested Alad 5 who can be killed with one-sniper-headshot despite on game-mechanics, and from the other hand we have event boss who has 2 phases 10-30 min each with uncommon drop-list. I like the idea, suggested by other players, to expand the drop-list with forma's and other rare and useful in-game items and I wish DE will listen to players and make content more variety. 

59 минут назад, MIGHTYF00T сказал:

Thank you for the fix 🙂

That whole "We need a Nova to skip a part of a bossfight-meta" was already getting stale. Lot of QQ by people who think bossfights should be easy and "efficient".. If I wanted efficiency in my videogames to finish them faster so I could do something else, I should REALLY be doing something else..

Nova is still awesome on this fight btw.. her CC and Mite-detonation with Molecular Fission is fun enough fireworks as is right now.

* Can I have the energy color saturation on Ivara's skirt fixed please?

Who needs nova now when u have Octavia ?

In My Humble Opinion event bosses should be created in a way to make different warframe abilities be useful during the encounter. To make the synergy possible. And not to TANK-it-all-a-way-throught with tones of HP. Yeap, it's really exciting.

Still crashing on Exploiter Orb fight, been in a few groups since last Hotfix, Had two stuck at doors, like previous, between the Exploiter Fight and the way out exit. One after Phase one she never showed. And one CTD. No error message.

I'm having an, unfortunately, really, REALLY frustrating time with controller binds as of this update. It defaulted all of my settings (controller binds included), and I now can't get crouching back onto my right stick or secondary fire back onto the B button. They're currently stuck in those spots, and there's no seeming way to switch secondary fire and the melee channel.

[ EDIT: I managed to get them moved by forcing the game to switch the channeling input with the Archwing ascend/descent inputs, but there HAS to be an easier way to remap them, or maybe even a fix for this if it's an unintended bug. ]

Archived