Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.2

[DE]Megan

1. Bring back quick attacks
2. Fix the slow spin for polearms/staff (cannot function/very unbearable to use)
3. Only left click should switch to guns. Constant zooming while melee aim-glide is annoying.

Thats all I ask since you changed melee. Don't pull an Aatrox.

27 minutes ago, spaceageGecko said:

Lots of immature reactions going on here. There is a fine line between a clever strategy and an unintended exploit, when you can skip the entire first phase of a boss fight thats an exploit.

Oh yes, nova and octavia dealing dmg in area with their abilities is an exploit now... instead of stripping game mechanics for boss fights to make them "difficult" DE should try and make the fights interesting, removing what's probably the biggest aspect of the game and the thing that a lot of players enjoy the most doesn't make things hard it makes them bland and boring.

7 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

they just didn't like that we were better at handling the mechanics than they thought.

This was not some attempt at smiting players for being "better" than they expected. I'd say you are right in that it's not an exploit but it was clearly an oversight. 

15 minutes ago, Nathalieh said:

Oh yes, nova and octavia dealing dmg in area with their abilities is an exploit now... instead of stripping game mechanics for boss fights to make them "difficult" DE should try and make the fights interesting, removing what's probably the biggest aspect of the game and the thing that a lot of players enjoy the most doesn't make things hard it makes them bland and boring.

There are lots of aspects to the game besides warframe powers, if bosses could be affected by any ability they would be made even more trival than they can already be made via min maxing weapons. The exploiter orb was actually a step in the right direction by making you have to do something other than just shoot at it or spam abilities.

I do think that some abilities should have some effect on bosses but it's a balancing between making it too easy/hard and making it fun. 

4 minutes ago, spaceageGecko said:

There are lots of aspects to the game besides warframe powers, if bosses could be affected by any ability they would be made even more trival than they can already be made via min maxing weapons. The exploiter orb was actually a step in the right direction by making you have to do something other than just shoot at it or spam abilities. 

All you do in this fight is throw vials at it until it dies, making anything but defense absolutely worthless.

It's a step in the wrong direction. The bosses are trivial because they are designed to be sub-par MMO bosses. This is what "killed" world of warcraft/made 80% of the playerbase abandon it.
We need bosses that challenge us to discover new tactics, not simply doing one menial task over and over again while waiting for timers to run down.

The boss herself have an extremely fitting quote: "You will be taught WHAT to think, not HOW to think."

8 minutes ago, spaceageGecko said:

Sure it was, but stripping you from your warframe abiities is not the way to go, nor is it making the fight longer for no reason, instead of having to throw 2 thermia per vent so then you can shoot it they could have made it just 1 per vent because that's not difficult, is tedious, on the second phase the orb can climb up the mountains nearby making it to so that you can't even see the coolant raknoids, let alone getting to them before they cool her down and all the thermia you used up to that point means nothing, making the raknoids completely invulnerable to warframe abilities is also dumb, they could have made them like the index enemies and have the time they are cc'd halved or straight up cap warframe abilities on them so that at least the payer feels like their warframe means something.

3 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

All you do in this fight is throw vials at it until it dies, making anything but defense absolutely worthless.

It's a step in the wrong direction. The bosses are trivial because they are designed to be sub-par MMO bosses. This is what "killed" world of warcraft/made 80% of the playerbase abandon it.
We need bosses that challenge us to discover new tactics, not simply doing one menial task over and over again while waiting for timers to run down.

The boss herself have an extremely fitting quote: "You will be taught WHAT to think, not HOW to think."

It's a complex issue. Warframe powers are way too powerful to be able to affect bosses in their normal way, now if certain powers could trigger unique mechanics with the boss that would be ideal. The fact of the matter is the patched tactic completely skipped the entire first phase, thats not "fun" thats cheesing.

3 minutes ago, Nathalieh said:

Sure it was, but stripping you from your warframe abiities is not the way to go, nor is it making the fight longer for no reason, instead of having to throw 2 thermia per vent so then you can shoot it they could have made it just 1 per vent because that's not difficult, is tedious, on the second phase the orb can climb up the mountains nearby making it to so that you can't even see the coolant raknoids, let alone getting to them before they cool her down and all the thermia you used up to that point means nothing, making the raknoids completely invulnerable to warframe abilities is also dumb, they could have made them like the index enemies and have the time they are cc'd halved or straight up cap warframe abilities on them so that at least the payer feels like their warframe means something.

I support the idea of abilities being useable but with some limitations I just hate being able to cheese boss stages in ways there were clearly not intended. 

12 minutes ago, spaceageGecko said:

It's a complex issue. Warframe powers are way too powerful to be able to affect bosses in their normal way, now if certain powers could trigger unique mechanics with the boss that would be ideal. The fact of the matter is the patched tactic completely skipped the entire first phase, thats not "fun" thats cheesing.

Well it wasn't a complete skip since you still had to deal with the HARDSHIP BUILDS CHARACTER miniphase.

Now i do understand where you are coming from but the fight wasn't well designed and that's really the core of the problem here: DE are not good at making bosses and we were having fun thanks to an oversight that was actually a logical sequence of events and now it's just a chore and for what you think of it, we are not enjoying it and we will give the feedback.

Many people in this thread (not saying you are one of them) seem to think that you can only give feedback when you like something and that is simply not true.

Especially not when so many people are unable to even do the fight after the "fix" due to the amount of bugs breaking the fight. This was nothing but a kick in the nuts.

Just now, spaceageGecko said:

I support the idea of abilities being useable but with some limitations I just hate being able to cheese boss stages in ways there were clearly not intended. 

I do too but i also hate stages that are long because developers want them to be, the phase one is mostly introductory why do we have to spend 5+ minutes on it each time? halve the canisters needed for the boring introductory fight that's mostly dialogue, that's why people were skipping it, is a time sensitive event and having to spend time in the fight doing nothing is just boring, that's not mentioning numerous other issues, like the fact that you can lose your team after doing the phase 1 because p2p is what it is and there can be many issues that DE can't completely address because of it.

2 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

Well it wasn't a complete skip since you still had to deal with the HARDSHIP BUILDS CHARACTER miniphase.

Now i do understand where you are coming from but the fight wasn't well designed and that's really the core of the problem here: DE are not good at making bosses and we were having fun thanks to an oversight and now it's just a chore and for what you think of it, we are not enjoying it and we will give the feedback.

I'm fine with people giving DE feedback (it was quite a sledgehammer way to "fix" the issue) just not feedback that consists of trying to make DE seem like insidious fun haters.

Just now, spaceageGecko said:

I'm fine with people giving DE feedback (it was quite a sledgehammer way to "fix" the issue) just not feedback that consists of trying to make DE seem like insidious fun haters.

Well DE have to meet us half-way and stop removing things that are fun in favour of making everyones day worse.

Still waiting for Limbo rift to get fixed. You know. The thing his every single skill depends upon. Right now all it does in orb fights/fissure closing is stop you from killing enemies, but not enemies from killing you. I thought warframe skills were supposed to help you fight, not the opposite. Right now it is simply a detriment with basically no upsides.

9 minutes ago, MangoSlic3 said:

So... controller doesnt work anymore after this hotfix.. i can move cursor around in menus but thatss it, cant even push start to open the menu. controller is fine as it works with all my other games

I'm in the same situation... 😭 I can move the cursor in the menu, but that's it. I also tried to "troubleshoot" the controller but it won't get back to work...

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.2

Exploiter Orb Fixes:

• Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time! 

Quoting myself here to shed some light on this hot topic that is currently being discussed within this thread.

To be blunt, this is an exploit. The team here worked for months on creating a different kind of boss fight from the norm, and it was never intended for players to completely bypass phases of the Exploiter Orb. Going fast is fun, we totally get it. But going fast shouldn't sacrifice the hard work that has been made, or the proper intentions of phases/mechanics.

Another large part of this feedback is also the continued Matchmaking issues for the Exploiter Orb, that sometimes result in an inability to continue the fight. These Matchmaking issues are our current top priority to resolve ASAP.

21 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

a different kind of boss fight from the norm

Different doesn't mean good, especially not when it doesn't matter what we play.

If the results of "months of hard work" is a simple "pick up rock, throw rock" fight then maybe it wasn't "hard work" going on.

Or was it the work to put in a spidermob that was released with fortuna last year and it took weeks to write a line that makes it spawn a thousand times?

There's nothing out of the norm with a boss that relies on spawning more adds than you can count to provide a "challenge"

And you already made it clear that your top priority is not to fix matchmaking issues or you would rollback the hotfix until you could fix the hotfix.

Maybe focus less on what you can sell for plat (finisher animation packs? really?) and focus more on what the game has to offer.

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Exploiter Orb Fixes:

• Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time! 

Please... for the love of God, this fight takes WAY too long already... it's so boring and buggy...

Archived