Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.2

[DE]Megan

yo DE, probably never gonna read it, but why hasnt your reputation burnt to dust already?

its rediculous, you dont play and dont even test your stuff

im a very polite person but your half baked content frankensteins dont deserve to be answered with politenes - 

rant :))))

started this boss severel hotfixes after release, on purpose - i laughed about first patchlogs - and today im still failing more tries to bugs/issues than having successful runs

- still migration stuff

- orb doesnt come down after spawn, just shoots, minutes later people leave

- 5 min fight intro from orb spawn to first canister, amazing

- in 2nd phase i can dance 2min because no fissures are opening

and then yeah aside the bugs, really goooood design with 2 seconds dealing dmg/killing parts after every 2-6min invincibility or so..

please.. i want to have a good "Warframe" - what are you doing???

22 minutes ago, Hackfield said:

This is a reminder that the silent majority is not here complaining but actually playing and enjoying the game!

Don't look at me, I'm silent because I decided to skip it altogether and straight up buy Hyldrin.

As a working man I have more money than time and my time should not be spent in unpleasant repetitive task - I already do that 8 hours each day.

Just now, Rhundis said:

I wouldn't count that as constructive, but you do you.

There's been plenty of constructive comments so far and compiling them would mean a total redo as the boss was never intended to challenge or entertain us. Unless you think throwing rocks at a wall is entertaining.

1 minute ago, Cyclouros said:

There's been plenty of constructive comments so far and compiling them would mean a total redo as the boss was never intended to challenge or entertain us. Unless you think throwing rocks at a wall is entertaining.

Depends on the rock.

16 minutes ago, Rhundis said:

Depends on the rock.

Its just a rock. DE sees us as sheep, that's why they threw this uninspired, overused boss design at us where the biggest challenge is not falling asleep while you wait for the rocks to fall down.

Spawning a million adds to compensate for a lack of actual tactics is not creative or out of the norm in any way. They didn't even think we would be able to use aoe to hit 4 targets at once. Talk about low expectations.

And making them immune to abilities because we would kill it "too soon" is no argument either, that's what tweaking is for.

Like Wolf of Saturn Six. He's a boss that's immune to status but not abilities.

The fight seems fun to me but I can see how people feel that it's dragged out.
What if those rewards gave people temporary access to restricted content or helped them accelerate through other tedious content?

There's a strong trend of invincibility waiting periods that needs revision or elevator music.
The exploiter orb brings more of this.
The issue is invincibility wait periods do not entice players to replay bosses.
Blowing through bosses at the speed of light does not incentivize devs to ditch those periods of invincibility.

Fast action paced game with lots of waiting.

Invincibility does not challenge players to improve or try different ideas.
If they were immune to status procs and negated auras many bosses would become challenging without wait periods.

exploiter orb was buggy the first time, and there wasn't anything in the drop tables i wanted. I only did it once and that was it. I really think you guys should move from operator-centric gameplay in general and go back to warframes roots, you guys had put more work into lephantis than this. The flow hasn't been the same ever since i haven't been able to use 90% of my arsenal from being obsolete in most of the important things to play, and I think ever since explosive weapons could never hit the weak spots on bosses, I was worried about the selection of weapons that can only be brought into a mission if you want finish in timely manner or finish it at all, so this includes melee not being able to deal with bosses that have weak spots that are complicated to reach and has been something melee should have a work around a long time before the melee update imo. You can't fight every boss with melee, and I never understood why since the beginning they flat remove mechanics you learn while playing the game only to never use what you learn in these tests the game builds you up for never made sense to me and will always be the biggest inherit flaw to this game for me.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

...To be blunt, this is an exploit...

I see no harm in exploiting the Exploiter Orb. Seems only fair given the name.

All jokes aside, the first half is a boring chore. If you actually want us to enjoy this poor mechanic you are forcing us to deal with rather than rewarding a creative skip you should look into reducing the number of times we need to use the thermia. Maybe two per vent rather than three. Another idea would be a larger explosive radius to forgive bad aim/lag/frame rate drops & get both rear vents at the same time. Reduce the time gated annoyance of waiting for the thermia to pop out of the machines or add one or two more machines. The place is in ruins so why are these machines working the way they are? Maybe we can smack them & they malfunction & shoot out a bunch of thermia.

Coo, first Exploiter attempt of the day. Get kicked out at the loading of phase 2 (hopefully this time I was able to come back on the squad.)
Then orbis got the size of an articula.  786CFDE900281CE6A46F6EA889FBE26DD2A47D02

Going back for a second run, door not open. And I does the silly idea to leave (and loose the loot) to get invited back. That off cours didnt worked out.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Quoting myself here to shed some light on this hot topic that is currently being discussed within this thread.

To be blunt, this is an exploit. The team here worked for months on creating a different kind of boss fight from the norm, and it was never intended for players to completely bypass phases of the Exploiter Orb. Going fast is fun, we totally get it. But going fast shouldn't sacrifice the hard work that has been made, or the proper intentions of phases/mechanics.

Another large part of this feedback is also the continued Matchmaking issues for the Exploiter Orb, that sometimes result in an inability to continue the fight. These Matchmaking issues are our current top priority to resolve ASAP.

I would like to say I 100% agree with removing the "bypass".   The fight viewed from a high level is quite fun and interesting.

The reason I bypassed phase 1 is because throwing during that phase was wonky making it take between 2 minutes if lucky or 8-10 minutes if the canisters were not cooperating.   I would request that DE understand that the "4 vent" phase has a compounded difficulty vs phase 2 in regards to throwing.   I can't remember the amount of times I thought I was aimed correctly during phase 1 and the canister would just completely miss.   If this could be reduced to 2 vents or 1 canister per vent I think this would greatly mitigate any canister targeting issues until they can be understood and fixed.

thanks again.  I look forward to more fights with cool mechanics.  

I don't know. I don't understand. I'm sorry. The team worked for months to design a boss fight that entirely revolves around throwing canisters at it? I don't see anything other than kill these small adds then throw canisters at boss. Literally you spend 15-30 mins just throwing canisters at boss. I don't see any effort at all. Sure the teams that worked on cutscenes, voices, and animation deserves recognition; but that's all the praise from me. After phase 1, I'm pretty sick of throwing canisters already. No! god forbids us to stop throwing canisters at boss while my fire blaster flamethrower ignis wraith can't do anything. 

While the exploiter orb is much much much better than profit taker. It is just boring. Also, please don't do exploiter orb on prime time because all you will be doing is throwing canisters.

okay since its fixed, how about make it so we dont spend 30+ minutes on it. And make it so the instead of 2 capsules on the vents, its 1 then we shoot, making the capsules spawn faster, and making the capsule throwing speed faster. I mean i have Hildryn so this dosnt effect me, but just doing it once for 30+ minutes getting a Hildryn chassis, then doing it again and getting another god forsaken chassis is god awfully annoying. its not that its hard, its unnecessarily time-consuming. i dontwant that S#&$ cheese back whatsoever, i just dont want it to take the same time it woudl to watch an episode of some show.

18 hours ago, -Bing- said:

My issues is there's no mechanical difficulty. You toss things at the vents for a few minutes using alt fire while avoiding mildly annoying damage. Then, you go outside and throw things at the orb while [redacted] to keep coolant raknoids from spraying the Orb Mother... or you spin in circles with Catchmoon killing the coolant raknoids and waiting for the pity timer to go off and the orb mother to phase out. 

It's more of an exercise of your patience than a boss fight. There is no boss, there's a walking turret that shoots you as you perform arbitrary tasks. 

Yeah, I'm totally with you on this; I've just heard some other voices out there saying otherwise.  Definitely relieving to me to see that I'm not alone in this after all, and maybe there's a worthwhile discussion to be had here between people with differing opinions.

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Quoting myself here to shed some light on this hot topic that is currently being discussed within this thread.

To be blunt, this is an exploit. The team here worked for months on creating a different kind of boss fight from the norm, and it was never intended for players to completely bypass phases of the Exploiter Orb. Going fast is fun, we totally get it. But going fast shouldn't sacrifice the hard work that has been made, or the proper intentions of phases/mechanics.

Another large part of this feedback is also the continued Matchmaking issues for the Exploiter Orb, that sometimes result in an inability to continue the fight. These Matchmaking issues are our current top priority to resolve ASAP.

I am gonna preface this by saying I solo 100% of the Exploiter fights and I never use that tactics once. Patch it or not it's not gonna affect me one way or other.

Having said that it is 100% NOT an "Exploit" like you claimed. This is simply a clever tactic that involves no glitching and no hacking, and is done by completely adhering to all in game mechanics provide by the devs to the players. 

It was 100% "unintended" for sure, but it was also 100% NOT an "Exploit". I think the player base is more susceptible to the idea of the dev patching it if you simply come out and admit it was unintended and your QA team completely "dropped the ball" (which they 100% did) about this unintended flaw in the boss fight. 

Clearly the remedy was an easy fix, and perhaps the boss should have been released that way to begin with. May be the dev's can also patch some of the "unintended" mechanics in this game like people leech xp and loot by AFK'ing or people sewer camping in survival for hours, as none of those I mention are "exploits" but I am sure they are unintended. I await your swift remedy regarding those...

If you want to know what an actual exploit is, go watch some YT vid on how people glitch out of the map to speed run RE2.

8 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Honestly, I love the list. I think that is so cool, and to see that kind of interaction with one boss in Warframe would be epic. But from a developers point of view, you know they will never do something like this. Why?

1. You have to keep updating the "passive bonuses" each warframe gets against the boss. Including when a new Warframe is added. They already have so much they have to put in place to add new Warframes, adding a passive to each boss fight is just a lot more work for very little gained.

2. People will complain that one WF is best and the meta will shift to everyone using the exact same WF or comp. It's happened before, it'll happen again. Perfect balance is a Unicorn.

3. It takes an extreme amount of development, testing, and resources to implement this to very little noticeable effect given point 2.

I think your ideas are awesome though.

To make such a "rework" or "buff" to all the frames more worth their time and also manageable - they can add it in periodically, in phases, via way of being a new batch of augment mods. Some might complain about having to change up their builds again. But we are already ignoring entire warframes and weapon types and choosing the meta warframes and guns, so changing a build slightly just so I can take a different frame and experience a boss fight in a different way, is welcome, in my opinion. Which can translate to more player play time as they tweak their builds and revisit the boss fight to try it with a new frame and ability interaction, and it can lead to forma purchases, or player to player trading to get the mod, which might result in plat being bought from DE and some earnings. The mod can be in syndicates, or whatever grind DE might think fits - maybe with the Quills and Vox Solaris as a kind of "After fighting with Eidolons for a long time and analyzing combat data, we have developed new ways to approach these enemy types"

As for the meta, the unicorn now is tanky frames + sniper rifle. Add these ability changes in and the meta will shift, and it will always shift. If they give enough frames enough useful abilities, the ideal case might happen and the meta opens up to be accepting of a wider variety of frames instead of the current tank dominance.

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The team here worked for months

Yeah we get it, it's your baby and you spent hours on it and it's understandable to feel defensive about it. But that is an immature tendency to take anything and everything as a threat and personal attack. It's not a good approach to business in general. It's not personal, it's business.

Only because someone didn't think of this, doesn't make it an exploit. You yourself said in one of the streams that there are many ways to approach and tackle this fight, and it's up to us to find them. (That in itself is another can of old worms) But now, oh look someone found one of those ways to tackle this fight and oh boy someone at DE didn't like it. Pretty typical, patched out so fast, when there are a decade old bugs still plaguing the experience. Just, lol. Carrying on as usual.

13 hours ago, Genoscythe said:

which is the fact that no matter how good everything you grinded for in this game is, the fight remains exactly the sam

I think this is huge core issue with the majority of warframes 'end game' content. 

They're more like stories that slow you down so everyone can read at the same speed. 

Archived