[DE]Megan

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.2

3 hours ago, Proteo said:

Exploiter Orb Fixes:

• Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time! 

Well, it was fun XD.

IN FERAKIN DEED!! too bad all the abusers got all their runs in, including me. all it will slow down is the players that havent farmed the fight. well, its the way things go i suppose.

4 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

Or.. they could improve the bossfight.

Absolutely, that has nothing to do with the reply or original post though, again this is the third time you've quoted me with a pointless reply. Asking to remove spawns is not improving the boss, but lowering the difficulty of a boss that's already extremely easy, making bosses easier is not improving them. Please make sure you actually read next time you reply to me, don't waste my time.

• Upvote 1

Deck 12 works fine for me, me and my brother did the mission at least 20 times until yesterday, no errors, no host migration, no bugs whatsoever, we both get the reward, we both extracted without problem.

The ability to destroy more than one vent at a time is not a problem, even solo, it dont took too much time, so I dont get why everybody complains like a spoiled brat.

The battle is fun, is different, is a refreshing change from all the bullet sponges bosses. 

Finally, by many comments I read here, I can assure you that many problems are client-side, or there is no problem and you simply don't like the new boss because you can't bragg about your meta-frame and 15k lanka riven... who knows.

• Upvote 1

Can you please check a bug where all exalted weapons are missing a built-in orokin catalyst? all of my exalted has -mod capacity now

This fix still hasn't fixed the random disconnections, and the second phase not loading. So now you have a longer first section, and a second section that may never come...... Perfect fix 10/10.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ely.I said:

Absolutely, that has nothing to do with the reply or original post though, again this is the third time you've quoted me with a pointless reply. Asking to remove spawns is not improving the boss, but lowering the difficulty of a boss that's already extremely easy, making bosses easier is not improving them. Please make sure you actually read next time you reply to me, don't waste my time.

All you do is saying that we want it "easy" which is so far removed from the debate that its amazing that you can say those things without any self-reflection.

• Upvote 2

Yay, what a nice "fix"

Back to wondering why I bother farming all the frames when tanks are the only things viable in this.

Instead of creating inventive, interesting ways to make warframe abilities interact with superbosses differently (e.g. Volt Capacitance would kill fodder enemies but on bosses maybe it short circuits their weapons temporarily, or Wukong's staff can have a chance to shatter Profit-taker's pushy-force fields etc.), they opt for the easiest path out - make bosses immune to everything. And thus players are left with no choices except bringing immortal tank frames.

• Upvote 3

Dear Devs, thank you for "fix" that noone of who realy cares of playing Your game wanted. Allso it broke encounter to unpleyable because of not being able to enter phase two of boss fight. Tested this four times with two diffrent groups of ppl. 

Sincinerly your dedicated player.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Exploiter Orb Fixes:

• Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time! 

and now that's done for, at least buff up the rewards!

• Upvote 5

From my orbiter, when I click on the thermia fissures at my navigation center, the group either gets dissolved or I end up in the cave where the new boss fight is. This is confusing, I didn't think they had anything to do with each other. Or do they now? I just want to do fissure runs! Still seems pretty broken.

3 hours ago, Signs said:

Thanks for the update!

Any chance Coolant Raknoid spawns can be decreased on solo mode? I feel like it's a little too much for an average player who either wants to solo it or can't play with other players.

Why? It's not about killing the raknoids, it's about lobbing thermia, jeez! learn the mechanics of the game before you even complain. Besides less raknoid means longer fight coz there would be less thermia to lob. git gud!

17 minutes ago, Xepthrichros said:

Yay, what a nice "fix"

Back to wondering why I bother farming all the frames when tanks are the only things viable in this.

Instead of creating inventive, interesting ways to make warframe abilities interact with superbosses differently (e.g. Volt Capacitance would kill fodder enemies but on bosses maybe it short circuits their weapons temporarily, or Wukong's staff can have a chance to shatter Profit-taker's pushy-force fields etc.), they opt for the easiest path out - make bosses immune to everything. And thus players are left with no choices except bringing immortal tank frames.

XD. Learn the game, I can bring a squishy nova solo on explorb without dying, why can't you? I can bring a 300hp chroma without dying in profit taker, why can't you? Learn the mechanics of the game, learn the whole elements of it before even complaining. Frames are just frames but there are things in the game that can alter its disadvantages.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.2

Exploiter Orb Fixes:

Congratulations DE, you've played yourself.

EVERYONE I know loves the Exploiter Orb fight :L I don't get why;

A) Some people want to make what is essentially a solid fight, easier. It's not so easy that billy no-mates with his Mk1 Braton and a rank 4 Excal could do it, yet no so 'hard' that it becomes a whole sordid affair with people who pretend to know what they're talking about demanding silly MR Requirements, Frame builds(Usually outdated, okay or at best common sense), Weapon Builds(Likewise) or my mostest favoritest in the whole world, trackable 'Must have 200 Eidolon caps to do this teralyst only run'. (I get that you want to get a good solid bunch of runs in a night, but eidolons aren't going anywhere anytime soon.)

B) People would kick-up a fuss about a lack of a cheese one-shot trick. If this was ANY other game, do you think THEY would leave in what is essentially a mistake so you could just skip an entire phase of a boss-fight? I don't think so.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ValariusXT said:

XD. Learn the game, I can bring a squishy nova solo on explorb without dying, why can't you? I can bring a 300hp chroma without dying in profit taker, why can't you? Learn the mechanics of the game, learn the whole elements of it before even complaining. Frames are just frames but there are things in the game that can alter its disadvantages.

everyone can bring more squishy frames to the fight. but that's the whole bloody thing. it doesn't matter what you'll take. all of these frames you mentionned, they have more or less complex reduction damages or HP or whatever. yeah, you can make it throught the fight. i did. with Nova. but do you know why i was using nova? because we had a fun and interesting mechanic with the vents. 

everyone already learned the... "elements" ... but why would you bring nova now? it's useless. there is frames tanking damage better than her. yes, you can bring other frames, but WHY?! why bringing other frames where you have to watch your HP, when you can just bring the tankiest frames and not giving a single #*!%? nova was used for her AoE on the vents, now she doesn't have any purpose in the fight. someone bringing nova to the fight is because he found it funny, just like nova, or whatev... but there is frames tanking better than her. if you get damaged, nova can die. bring a tnak, and you won't die. and because nothing else matter in this fight other than your own survivability, Nova was something new and nice, and now, it's reduced to stupid survival because DE can't see further than their screen. this was an horrible and un-thought  decision, period.

• Upvote 2

So there are an exceptionally large number of issues with controllers right now, as I am sure most a very much aware, but I would like to state a few again from my post in the previous [Hoboy.. were going on SIX now] patch threads as there STILL HAS BEEN NO FIX TO ANY OF THEM:

With no ability to Weapon Action Button {Left click}[Block] outside of only using Melee in a loadout severely hampers gameplay for controller players and is incredibly frustrating as it means most stronger combos from stances are entirely out of the picture unless you handicap yourself as mentioned.
Since Channeling is off the buttonmap for LT [L2], can we get Block on the button with Aim like Channel used to be? Just getting that function back would be immensely helpful to those that prefer controller to the keyboard and mouse.
Also, with no ability to Aim-Glide and/or Slide for controller users due to the loss of all these buttons and functions mobility is also a very big issue as in now takes those who prefer to use controllers much longer to traverse areas and much less able to dodge and access certain areas.

PLEASE FIX CONTROLLER ISSUES.
You will have to bring this to console at some point, and if these changes are not fixed by then, you will have a massive amount of problems with those who HAVE TO use controllers.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Xepthrichros said:

Yay, what a nice "fix"

If you want to use a squishy warframe, just throw on a bunch of survivability mods. Health, Shields, Armor, Flow+Quick Thinking, etc. You shouldn't be taking much damage at all tbh, unless you your team is ignoring adds, and you are standing directly in front of attacks or something.

Unfortunately I don't think it's very reasonable to expect that DE is going to balance 140 warframe abilities for each of these boss encounters. In a game like destiny where there is only a handful of abilities to balance it's way more doable. But DE could balance it around 1 ability that works against a boss for every warframe bringing down the total abilities to balance to 40, that's a start I guess. I hate restricted metas, they sap the fun and creativity out of any game. I agree with you something definitely needs to change.

Edited by a1chera_

4 hours ago, Signs said:

Thanks for the update!

Any chance Coolant Raknoid spawns can be decreased on solo mode? I feel like it's a little too much for an average player who either wants to solo it or can't play with other players.

Uhm, but it would actually be better to increase slightly their spawn, you know... when you throw thermia, you increase the mom's heating rate, you don't just 'add more heat' as a race against the raknoids

1 hour ago, Maganar said:

This is interesting.  I had a similar opinion of this boss fight (finding it a downgrade from Profit Taker which got several things right, but suffered heavily from still being balanced around the mess that is Chroma while also adding further bonus value to him with his credit cheese - I do like that it's a more enjoyable credit farm than Index, though).  Yet, everyone I had played it with seemed to absolutely love it for some reason, and showered DE's design team with praises over the "best boss to date" even doing it without the vent cheese (which I couldn't be bothered to look up, but bore witness to once).

I think at some point I'm going to have to start a forum topic to open discussion around boss design that compares what people liked and disliked about some of the more recent ones that have been quite different in nature from the star chart ones.  There's a million topics lambasting the design of the star chart bosses, but we all know those complaints there already: lots of invincibility phase waiting around, too easy to oneshot and protected only by those timegates, etc.  That's also an old and silly discussion in my eyes because they exist mostly to add some unique encounters for new players pushing down the star chart the first time and are rarely/never done outside of sorties after getting the warframe from it.  Eidolons got their own handful of feedback that seems to influenced a more inventive design for the two Orbs, but I think it's time someone took a step back and reviewed the Eidolons and both Orbs all side by side and got people comparing.  Maybe I'll try to open that discussion, because it's clear to me that the community is quite divided on Exploiter Orb, with many praising it and a large number chewing it up as well.

My issues is there's no mechanical difficulty. You toss things at the vents for a few minutes using alt fire while avoiding mildly annoying damage. Then, you go outside and throw things at the orb while [redacted] to keep coolant raknoids from spraying the Orb Mother... or you spin in circles with Catchmoon killing the coolant raknoids and waiting for the pity timer to go off and the orb mother to phase out. 

It's more of an exercise of your patience than a boss fight. There is no boss, there's a walking turret that shoots you as you perform arbitrary tasks. 

• Like 1

"We have fixed your ability to fight the exploiter orb, by locking you in the hallway" thanks for the hotfix

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, mikakor said:

everyone can bring more squishy frames to the fight. but that's the whole bloody thing. it doesn't matter what you'll take. all of these frames you mentionned, they have more or less complex reduction damages or HP or whatever. yeah, you can make it throught the fight. i did. with Nova. but do you know why i was using nova? because we had a fun and interesting mechanic with the vents. 

everyone already learned the... "elements" ... but why would you bring nova now? it's useless. there is frames tanking damage better than her. yes, you can bring other frames, but WHY?! why bringing other frames where you have to watch your HP, when you can just bring the tankiest frames and not giving a single #*!%? nova was used for her AoE on the vents, now she doesn't have any purpose in the fight. someone bringing nova to the fight is because he found it funny, just like nova, or whatev... but there is frames tanking better than her. if you get damaged, nova can die. bring a tnak, and you won't die. and because nothing else matter in this fight other than your own survivability, Nova was something new and nice, and now, it's reduced to stupid survival because DE can't see further than their screen. this was an horrible and un-thought  decision, period.

Well as I got in I pretty much got in to my nova and tested the fight without the trick. I pretty much clocked in the same as I was doing which is about 15 mins for the whole fight solo without dying. I never had to watch my hp coz I'm always switching between operator and frame and with Magus Elevate I could pretty much in full health the whole time. I'll still use nova for the fight not because of the trick but because of her other trick which I find interesting, her 1 and her 3 which pretty much made the fight more easier.

• Woah 1

"Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time! "

Well just lost any interest in killing the damn thing. it took for a match of 2 noobies and myself almost an hour to kill the damn thing because it moves A LOT during stage 1, has A LOT of dmg and unnecesary moves that make the damn spider-thing annoying to kill, its not even worth the time nor the effort since the profit is not that high. Atleast nova came back to the meta for a while, that was nice to see.

but ey, making a boss fight is never easy even is the boss dies in 5 minutes, if you are fully geared, now, how many newbee players will take on killing that beast?

since the loot table is about to be nerfed to a half and the ONLY value of killing the thing is for those who want warframe Hildryn. 

not even funny.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ValariusXT said:

her 1 and her 3 which pretty much made the fight more easier.

heh, i suppose that effectively, portals will be useful to reach these stupidly far away fractures ^^"