Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.2

[DE]Megan

hace 14 minutos, theANIMALtm dijo:

Then don't do it. No one is forcing you. Don't like the boss? Fine, go do something else. I don't like sanctuary, but many people enjoy that, so I will not force DE to modify it just because I don't like it. Same thing here, you don't like it, too bad, there's a lot of people, me included, that enjoy this boss. 

As a suggestion, maybe it will be more fun if the vents could be unfreezed with only one thermia canister. Currently you need 2 hits to unfreeze a vent and (in my opinion) that can be stressing. To compesate, the orb can move more, forcing you to be as close as you can. That adds tension for the perfect throw and that could be more fun. The current mechanics doesn't defy you but instead are stressing. It's even worse if you go solo (since the coolant racknoids spawn to much and there's almost imposible to stop them all by yourself), of course, if the activity was not intented to do solo in the first place, i can understand that.

Instead to say that something is garbage or that's hateful, maybe it's better to apport ideas to change it so the activity could be more fun.

2 hours ago, Cyclouros said:

All you do is saying that we want it "easy" which is so far removed from the debate that its amazing that you can say those things without any self-reflection.

What debate? Are you blind holy #*!%? Every single point in your replies to me is something I didn't bring up, or said I disagreed on. Please READ before you SPEAK.

hace 2 minutos, Shadow-Spawn dijo:

I still wonder when DE will add automatic group finding for the exploiter orb fight.

That could be nice. Actually when you go to the vallis in public, you depend on luck since you don't know if the people that are already in the vallis are sealing fractures, farming toroids, fishing, hunting, taking pictures... etc.

Exploiter Orb Fixes:

• Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time! 

Glad i dont need to farm it anymore.. i feel for all the people running still for the 3% Drop chance (Each) Ephemera.
not fun to have to repeat something over 100 times to get two items based on Rng, but it was done with and without the skip, this just takes longer now with the option gone..

Rip bomb nova, missed playing her since the trials were removed.

Being able to use Antimatter Drop to blast all the vents simultaneously was not a bug nor a glitch. It was just clever application of existing game mechanics. I think some players did a similar thing with Octavia? Regardless, it was in no way a glitch or a bug. It seems like how a Tenno fighting with their Warframe would handle that situation if they were smart about it. I don't see why a demigod with reality bending superpowers would not be able to use them to blow up a few vents on a robotic walker. 

From a logical perspective, it makes sense that prior to them being iced over, all the vents -would- be susceptible to a blast fully encompassing that whole area. It feels you're railroading players into tackling this encounter the way you want them to, rather than allowing this sort of game mechanics based problem solving. 

A line from the villain of the fight actually seems pretty poignant here: "You must be taught WHAT to think, not HOW to think!"

You presented this challenge, and players figured out a better way to complete it. This "fix" is you moving the goalpost on us. It feels rather unfair.

Compounding this, is that you felt it necessary to ensure the reasonably meh gameplay of the Exploiter Orb phases is played out piece by piece like it was expected to, but you have done nothing to fix the infinite loading time door glitch in the exact same fight, which comes immediately after defrosting and destroying the vents. This glitch is incredibly frustrating. It stops a run dead in it's tracks. 

As much as I disagree with the vent changes, I can live with that. I genuinely believe this door issue deserves adding extra time to the event and a patch ASAP. 

I'm a little sad right now because everyone is talking about the explorer orb and nobody seems to notice that the Adaptation mod is not working. I like that mod a lot. I feel a little bit defenseless without it.

I had to say that i noticed this bug latety by accident. I usually depend with abilities, a lot of movement and the melee blocking to mitigate the damage and i tend to do these things by instint, but recently i noticed that i was being knockouted too easy in lower levels when i was going to revive someone (you know, why to use the operator void form against enemies with level 30 or below?), and when i tested my usual warframe survavility against high level enemies letting myself to be punished a little, i was surprised to find that the adaptation mod mitigation didn't work. I went to the simulacrum to test it and yeah, the mod got broken in the buried depts patch (or maybe before that?).

Here's a short video with the issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D8cNxlrUuTOGGZi5TEpMuiGQAlylNrOW/view?usp=sharing (posted in the pc performance issues forum)

I hope our devs find this info useful

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.2

Exploiter Orb Fixes:

• Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time! 

why tho? it's just an exploit on an exploiter, its like justice has been served. if you could stop it from going up the mountain and making it hard for us (the soloists/introverts) to target the coolant raknoids, now that is a fix

btw

could you remove auto blocking for the redeemer, made it useless. instead of going bang bang bang, it goes bang block block block block block block block block block

hace 1 minuto, andotz dijo:

why tho? it's just an exploit on an exploiter, its like justice has been served. if you could stop it from going up the mountain and making it hard for us (the soloists/introverts) to target the coolant raknoids, now that is a fix

btw

could you remove auto blocking for the redeemer, made it useless. instead of going bang bang bang, it goes bang block block block block block block block block block

yeah man, i feel the same about what you said about the redeemer... but, wasn't that already fixed in a previous patch?... honestly i didn't test it.

You know what i miss about the previous melee 2.0?, the ability to walk backwards blocking the damage without exposing your back to the enemies. I also miss to be able to side step while blocking.

I think the orb exploiter orb fight is fine as it is , i pretty much ran it duo / solo for 62 runs got 2 shocking steps and 1 frost step, 5 articulas, was averaging around 10  -14 mins a run without the phase one skip really enjoyed this fight keep up the good work de, only thing i didn't like about the orb fight was when the orb keeped hanging to close to the mountain and some raknoids would spawn pretty much next to her. :) cant wait to see what you have planned for the third orb,

1 minute ago, DarknessATG said:

yeah man, i feel the same about what you said about the redeemer... but, wasn't that already fixed in a previous patch?... honestly i didn't test it.

You know what i miss about the previous melee 2.0?, the ability to walk backwards blocking the damage without exposing your back to the enemies. I also miss to be able to side step while blocking.

just came from a profit taker fight, because of the fix, thought that the squad issue is no more.  well, no squad issue, but the redeemer still goes bang block block block block block block block

2 hours ago, Ely.I said:

Improve yourself, and the fight takes long because DE designed it that way, it's a time gated fight basically, a waiting game. Again improve yourself.

MR26 here, just saying it is easy, pathetic, and time gated. Saying improve yourself on repeat doesn't add to the discussion. How about you improve your critical thinking skills? I can solo it fine, but I recognize the problems with the fight. The elitist garbage attitude is one side of the coin with the problems we have with the community. On the other side we have casuals. However, time gating and annoying spawns aren't the way to go when it comes to bosses. Wasting everyone's time with content b/c they don't want us to breeze through it doesn't make it a fun experience, or a thought out one. It's just slinging yourself back and forth while mashing pick up and throw. That isn't a boss battle, that's tedium.

Just now, Godhands said:

lol no matter what ur reason it's an EXPLOIT and i'm glad DE fixed it 

nice job DE

Exploit or fix for them releasing annoying content? We're the playtesters here, we have been for years. How about we go through and get rid of every little thing that gives players a leg up in this game. Like decaying key inaros and nidus. Do ya see where "bug fixes" start and random S#&$e slinging starts? Then the whole community goes up in arms.

6 hours ago, AIAS-5 said:

Thanks!

EDIT: One question though - will there be a Frame Figher Fragment for Hildryn any time? Doesn't seem like there's one around, Baruuk already missed out as well...

half the frames in framefighter can't activate their ability ;_;

Hello and good day to you..

Topic: guilding for night wave..

Today I built a hammer Zaw. Spend time to rank it up to get guilding done for night wave standing. Then returned back to Hok to guild.. In doing so the night wave pop-up came on. Then to my surprise I wasn't able to name my Zaw.. 

I feel that the night wave pop-up bypassed this option.. Very sad moment for me, for I always love being able to name my Zaw's... 

Last week I made a Zaw and before this update I could name it.. 

Well, just an FYI..

Thanks,

Mr_D_Grass 

hace 2 minutos, MR_D_G dijo:

Hello and good day to you..

Topic: guilding for night wave..

Today I built a hammer Zaw. Spend time to rank it up to get guilding done for night wave standing. Then returned back to Hok to guild.. In doing so the night wave pop-up came on. Then to my surprise I wasn't able to name my Zaw.. 

I feel that the night wave pop-up bypassed this option.. Very sad moment for me, for I always love being able to name my Zaw's... 

Last week I made a Zaw and before this update I could name it.. 

Well, just an FYI..

Thanks,

Mr_D_Grass 

sorry to hear it man

Warframe Player #197402215 couldn't believe what they were reading. "What?!" They were completely astonished. "Nova can't just skip past the entire first phase of the latest boss battle?! This is UNACCEPTABLE!"

In a totally justified rage, Warframe Player #197402215 immediately alt-tabbed to a browser window to voice the injustice on the forums. "This was a CREATIVE USE of NEGLECTED WARFRAMES. Clearly, Digital Extremes wants everyone to have no fun whatsoever. Throwing Thermia cans at frozen vents isn't fun! We NEVER do that in other Warframe missions - and for good reason! But pressing a button as Nova?! That's my jam. That's the fresh new content we players have been waiting for and DESERVE."

Warframe Player #197402215's eyes were seething with unfettered anger, each frenzied keystroke resonating with percussive force against the basement walls. After seeing some other players upvote their post, solidarity tempered the fury to indignation, and then satisfaction. Warframe Player #197402215 returned to playing Warframe. Moments later, they wondered aloud, "Why can't DE make anything new and different? It's the same crap every time. This mission, that mission, I can just press 4 and it's over. They really need to step up their content and difficulty standards or this game will die. There hasn't been challenging content for us older players in years. God do I love Saryn, Amprex, and Atterax."

You guys might as well change the name of the game to "Gun Play" since you don't seem to care about letting people use their warframes for boss fights anymore, this fight is more annoying than even raids were because it can get as long as one hour if you solo it and is not a fun hour is a frustratingly long hour of asking yourself "am i actually doing something to this boss or is it going to advance on it's own like the scans?" because honestly throwing canisters at it barely does anything when the orb can cool itself on top of being cooled by the raknoids that are also immune to warframe abilities for no other reason than to arbitrarily make them annoying, this is not difficult it just makes it seem like you guys just want to have people online for longer periods of time by taking away the players ability to use in-game mechanics.

25 minutes ago, Akula_Rose said:

MR26 here, just saying it is easy, pathetic, and time gated. Saying improve yourself on repeat doesn't add to the discussion. How about you improve your critical thinking skills? I can solo it fine, but I recognize the problems with the fight. The elitist garbage attitude is one side of the coin with the problems we have with the community. On the other side we have casuals. However, time gating and annoying spawns aren't the way to go when it comes to bosses. Wasting everyone's time with content b/c they don't want us to breeze through it doesn't make it a fun experience, or a thought out one. It's just slinging yourself back and forth while mashing pick up and throw. That isn't a boss battle, that's tedium.

Look, genius, I'm tired of people that quote me without reading first. The original post i replied to was asking to remove spawns of the coolant spiders. My first reply to that post was that the fight was ALREADY EASY, they should improve themselves ,and removing difficulty was NOT a way to improve it. NOWHERE I'm disagreeing that the fight is easy, nowhere I'm saying it can't be improved in other ways you fabulous idiot. And saying "improve yourself" is not an elitist statement, if you see it that way and want to feel offended by it, it's your problem NOT mine. Ok? We're on the same page now? Next time read the context before you speak. Also MR is meaningless, I couldn't care less if you're MR26, MR5 or Michael Jordan. Have a good day

Archived