Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.2

[DE]Megan

1 час назад, Zilchy сказал:

Because it's just giving far too much away, the resource drops from it are already ridiculous, all it does is remove incentive to play other aspects of the game. That's not good for growth.

Well, it will be halved in a couple of days anyway, and for a lot of people these resorces are irrelevant - they've already built or bought stuff that requires them. Remember, this was intended as a content for higher MRs(turned out it wasn't, which is nice, don't get me wrong). And even if they aren't "higher MR players" or haven't built/bought items, just a couple of runs will yield more than enough resources to get everything with some to spare. So you're right - Exploiter's drop table removes incentive to play, but I'd like to expand your thesis - it removes incentive to play both the regular Fortuna content and the Exploiter orb.

5 minutes ago, anfuerudo said:

Well, it will be halved in a couple of days anyway, and for a lot of people these resorces are irrelevant - they've already built or bought stuff that requires them. Remember, this was intended as a content for higher MRs(turned out it wasn't, which is nice, don't get me wrong). And even if they aren't "higher MR players" or haven't built/bought items, just a couple of runs will yield more than enough resources to get everything with some to spare. So you're right - Exploiter's drop table removes incentive to play, but I'd like to expand your thesis - it removes incentive to play both the regular Fortuna content and the Exploiter orb.

Oh I absolutely agree, as I said before the resource drops are ridiculous. It totally removes incentive to play Fortuna although the impact is somewhat lessened because it's a limited time event, although how often it will repeat we do not know yet.

the second door for  the second phase does not open or sometimes  its not showing the loading progress at the bottom left of the screen and we are forced to abort .those bugs are so common it feels every new content released  is never tested .this bug make players do the hole phase 1but then forced to abort .....

11 hours ago, mikakor said:

DE : we want players to play with a variety of warframes, selecting multiple ones.

Players : Find a creative way to do the phase one with a warframe almost never seen in bosses.

DE : *Fix a tactic that was fun, based on skill management, and creative, which was the only creative tactic in the fight. "Fixed" .* damnit DE, you didn't had to. that's dumb.

i knew this was going to be patched out of .... not thinking about the good things, to stay polite. glad i farmed this en-mass before this stupid patch.

thanks to your useless "FIX", back to tanky warframe. you know, since everything else is now useless in the exploiter orb fight?

Tell me Megan, what is the point in bringing anything else than a tanky warframe to just not give a single f*ck about dying, since everything else will have NO point in being used at all? come on, i wait for an answer.

i made a thread in feedback here, for anyone interested to leave a comment about this stupid nerf.

I use Volt. Tanks & buffs aren't at all necessary for Exploiter, & running to & from the fractures quick is handy.

Regardless, this "fix" was needless & stripped many frames of their utility here. Phase 2 needs more frequent fractures. But maybe that's just a Volt speaking.

11 hours ago, Skaleek said:

You guys should consider speeding up the fight during the extensive downtime in phase 2. Being able to skip phase 1 partially made up for this, but man, the fight is gonna be really long now with your fix to phase 1 but not phase 2.

yesyes

The animations during phase 2 are also in need of a touch-up. 

Prying the sides off looks great, until the frame lets go of the piece & stays there, defying gravity, sideways, before jumping off the orb. It seems apparent the frames' motion was animated right-side up. Just have them jump down sooner. 

Tearing her head off, cool! Except the stretching of the energy circles/lights/eyes?...  

1 hour ago, acezero said:

Image result for meme   i have fun once

Holy god this is accurate lmao... also i actually cant even do the boss anymore, after phase 1, it locked me and my squad in the loading 2 times in a row, it was bad before, lost numerous kills worth of loot, its actually impossible to even get 1 now. Lost the thermia, ive given up now. 

12 hours ago, Obliviatorv2 said:

still need that Melee controller fix, not fun being unable to use my weapons 

I'm still waiting too, but no one care about controllers (( I'm curious if there will be a patch on PS4 version with broken melee, or only for PC?

Notice how DE said " Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time! " and not "fixed exploit/glitch/bug".

So it wasn't a fix at all, they intended to break it and broke a whole lot more at the same time.

I'm glad i got all the drops from the Exploiter Orb before this update. It was fun having different options for at least one phase of the fight. We played within the rules of the game mechanics but the real goal here was not to provide an entertaining boss fight that rewarded strategy, but to insert yet another time-sink for players to maintain/boost retention. Just like Saturn 6.

I enjoyed my time in warframe reaching "end game", but bidding farewell to tedious game modes / boss fights was a big contributing factor. I did my time and avoided burnout for the most part... but i'm tired of 1%-2% drop rates for the new shiny (looking at you ephemeras). That doesn't motivate me to spend even more time in game modes i've grinded hours on end already. I'm desperate for a challenge that rewards\respects my time and skill. Warframe has become a slot machine for the most dedicated players... just keep pulling that lever, maybe something nice will drop... someday. No challenge, little satisfaction.

Other than the obvious push to increase playtime and grind, i don't understand the reluctance to favoring (just a little) those that are "brave" AND skilled, instead of merely lucky or time-rich. The most fun I've had in Warframe in a long time was a 1hr MOT run with self-imposed restrictions. Achieving a truly difficult task that forced me to think outside the box and actually improve as a player has been more satisfying than any event DE has come up with in a long time. DE, you don't need menial time sinks to boost player retention, you need to challenge your players and reward them appropriately.

hace 6 minutos, Cyclouros dijo:

Notice how DE said " Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time! " and not "fixed exploit/glitch/bug".

Sadly DE wont return the Handy skill about destroying more than 1 vent at a time, they live killing whats funny and adding forced time waster mechanics, wish survivals were "grab 20 void trash loot to open your relic, or 30, instead of, wait 5 min for each relic to crack open) you can waste 2 hours of your life in something that if you have a fully kitted frame + whalenukingweapons you might be able to do it in... 1 hour... instead of 2. just saying, for FUTURE FRIENDLY CONTENT THAT MIGHT NEVER COME INTO WARFRAME JUST BECAUSE 1 RANDOM DUDE SAYD IT!

It's really boring to have a 20 minute time with like 5-6 minutes waiting for dialoges-fractures etc. even with phase skip it was boring to WAIT. The thing is you should make it more of a fight ah like eidolons they take time too but you fight/play that time do not wait too much and is not boring as this exploiter orb or the plague star event boss. Only reason people play events is they are rewarding I mean if you dont even get an ephemera still the rewards are good that will save us time in future fishing/mining. But its too boring to do and soloing is hard because there are too many coolants  spawns, speaking of my self, cant catch up all and it takes far more time. The reason I wanna play solo is, host problems, high ping and my potato pc. I dont wanna bother others waiting for me to load.

Archived