[DE]Megan

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.2

In the dojo and orbiter decoration mode, If i rotate an object to be upside down, it rotates at a weird off angle and it is difficult to get it looking straight again. Can this please be fixed?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Quoting myself here to shed some light on this hot topic that is currently being discussed within this thread.

To be blunt, this is an exploit. The team here worked for months on creating a different kind of boss fight from the norm, and it was never intended for players to completely bypass phases of the Exploiter Orb. Going fast is fun, we totally get it. But going fast shouldn't sacrifice the hard work that has been made, or the proper intentions of phases/mechanics.

Another large part of this feedback is also the continued Matchmaking issues for the Exploiter Orb, that sometimes result in an inability to continue the fight. These Matchmaking issues are our current top priority to resolve ASAP.

I am gonna preface this by saying I solo 100% of the Exploiter fights and I never use that tactics once. Patch it or not it's not gonna affect me one way or other.

Having said that it is 100% NOT an "Exploit" like you claimed. This is simply a clever tactic that involves no glitching and no hacking, and is done by completely adhering to all in game mechanics provide by the devs to the players. 

It was 100% "unintended" for sure, but it was also 100% NOT an "Exploit". I think the player base is more susceptible to the idea of the dev patching it if you simply come out and admit it was unintended and your QA team completely "dropped the ball" (which they 100% did) about this unintended flaw in the boss fight. 

Clearly the remedy was an easy fix, and perhaps the boss should have been released that way to begin with. May be the dev's can also patch some of the "unintended" mechanics in this game like people leech xp and loot by AFK'ing or people sewer camping in survival for hours, as none of those I mention are "exploits" but I am sure they are unintended. I await your swift remedy regarding those...

If you want to know what an actual exploit is, go watch some YT vid on how people glitch out of the map to speed run RE2.

Edited by sv650racer
  • Upvote 1

Having varied way to defeat boss is fun in any video game, but your boss design are always disappoint me.

Well, it's time to DMC5 and SEKIRO.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Honestly, I love the list. I think that is so cool, and to see that kind of interaction with one boss in Warframe would be epic. But from a developers point of view, you know they will never do something like this. Why?

1. You have to keep updating the "passive bonuses" each warframe gets against the boss. Including when a new Warframe is added. They already have so much they have to put in place to add new Warframes, adding a passive to each boss fight is just a lot more work for very little gained.

2. People will complain that one WF is best and the meta will shift to everyone using the exact same WF or comp. It's happened before, it'll happen again. Perfect balance is a Unicorn.

3. It takes an extreme amount of development, testing, and resources to implement this to very little noticeable effect given point 2.

I think your ideas are awesome though.

To make such a "rework" or "buff" to all the frames more worth their time and also manageable - they can add it in periodically, in phases, via way of being a new batch of augment mods. Some might complain about having to change up their builds again. But we are already ignoring entire warframes and weapon types and choosing the meta warframes and guns, so changing a build slightly just so I can take a different frame and experience a boss fight in a different way, is welcome, in my opinion. Which can translate to more player play time as they tweak their builds and revisit the boss fight to try it with a new frame and ability interaction, and it can lead to forma purchases, or player to player trading to get the mod, which might result in plat being bought from DE and some earnings. The mod can be in syndicates, or whatever grind DE might think fits - maybe with the Quills and Vox Solaris as a kind of "After fighting with Eidolons for a long time and analyzing combat data, we have developed new ways to approach these enemy types"

As for the meta, the unicorn now is tanky frames + sniper rifle. Add these ability changes in and the meta will shift, and it will always shift. If they give enough frames enough useful abilities, the ideal case might happen and the meta opens up to be accepting of a wider variety of frames instead of the current tank dominance.

Edited by Xepthrichros

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The team here worked for months

Yeah we get it, it's your baby and you spent hours on it and it's understandable to feel defensive about it. But that is an immature tendency to take anything and everything as a threat and personal attack. It's not a good approach to business in general. It's not personal, it's business.

Only because someone didn't think of this, doesn't make it an exploit. You yourself said in one of the streams that there are many ways to approach and tackle this fight, and it's up to us to find them. (That in itself is another can of old worms) But now, oh look someone found one of those ways to tackle this fight and oh boy someone at DE didn't like it. Pretty typical, patched out so fast, when there are a decade old bugs still plaguing the experience. Just, lol. Carrying on as usual.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Genoscythe said:

which is the fact that no matter how good everything you grinded for in this game is, the fight remains exactly the sam

I think this is huge core issue with the majority of warframes 'end game' content. 

They're more like stories that slow you down so everyone can read at the same speed. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Digital Extremes is not a AAA company so it takes much more work and time to make these sorts of things. Why call the developers lazy because they aren’t focusing on what you want. Everyone wants content to be added and they have stated before in NoClip’s documentary  that they must keep creating content to make enough money. We all want long lasting issues to be resolved, but they have to focus on content at the same time. Calling them lazy isn’t going to help either. Digital Extremes may have spoiled us by listening to our feedback, but we do get a good amount of loot from the exploiter and sometimes we should just let them have their way.

Edited by kitcordell

On 2019-03-18 at 5:43 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.2

Exploiter Orb Fixes:

• Fixed ability to destroy the Exploiter Orb’s vents simultaneously. One vent at a time! 

I have 10 chassis, 10 neuroptics but no systems, that's why I try to rush it, I can't play everyday this game FFS I'm not going to buy plat to buy hildryn, you are not going to get my money this way

also while I was killing this boss with a game mechanic that wasn't an exploit cause mallet just does that, it attack multiple objects at once, every time a player extrac one of those weird things of the spider on the second phase I spawn under the feet taking a lot of damage, that's cheating against me, cause no matter where I am I spawn under her feet and sometimes die