Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Personal Reason for doing everything I can in Nightwave

Mimikium

If not for the scarf, I might have considered making Excalibur Umbra my primary Excal.  But Excal Prime it is.  I just wish Excal Prime got the prime accessories treatment like Excal Umbra did.  

And I'm more doing this for the armor.  Umbra polarity will be nice... kind of want to see more Umbra mods though.  I don't need umbra mods to do well, they're just nice improvements is all.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

I guess I should specify where my Umbra Forma is going, after all, I started this post.

I'd definitely put it on my main Girl, and Most Used Warframe, Valkitty Prime. She's sitting at ~15% of my mission playtime across every Warframe I've owned, ~21% if we include non-Prime Valkitty ontop of it. The Kitten deserves it 🙂

15 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

Aren't all umbra builds currently possible without Umbral polarities?

Yes, absolutely, but it opens up a lot more options, as some builds are just too expensive Mod Space-wise, and not everyone has the forma for Umbral builds, like me. 48/76 mod capacity off of just 3/8 mod slots can really restrict the builds a Warframe can equip, like Valkyr. If I Forma her enough to where I can use my Hysteria build, then my Eternal War build isn't possible with those same polarities.

I was being hyperbolic, of course I don't NEED Umbra Forma, but its a huge QoL upgrade, and helps make Umbra Builds more diverse, without needing to swap out forma for different builds.

Also, it's a shiny new thing that looks cool.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Droidyurlookn4 said:

Every frame will be a prime so save it till theres a prime you don't know if there will be more umbral forma. You do know there will be a prime of every single war.frame. don't put it on a non prime. Or you'll be on here complaining.

Depends on which frame. Some frames wont have primes for years. I love garuda, I only need one to fit what I want, and I'm pretty sure I'll manage putting umbral forma on garuda prime when she comes out in... 3+ years.

Unless we get new avenues, I think itll be fine at 10 weeks per umbra forma.

Edited by Annnoth

45 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

Depends on which frame. Some frames wont have primes for years. I love garuda, I only need one to fit what I want, and I'm pretty sure I'll manage putting umbral forma on garuda prime when she comes out in... 3+ years.

Unless we get new avenues, I think itll be fine at 10 weeks per umbra forma.

Still comes down to a matter of patience over pride. You can get all the content done without it so there really no excuse. Whomever your gonna use the paracesis with that and fight against sentients with so your stacking Tau resistences and damage to sentients. I wouldn't say there is a wrong frame to use this on but there definitely is a preference. Ash and excal increase damages related to slash and such so they make the paracesis a bit stronger. Favorite shouldn't be the deciding factor here. But optimization of stats should be priority. New war will happen eventually. With how no one's ever pleased in this game I wouldn't bet on anything being the same in three years jus saying 

11 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

Aren't all umbra builds currently possible without Umbral polarities?

Technically yes, but you have limitations. Usually you can't fit the Exilus, or there is a mod you have to downgrade slightly, or that prevents you from having any other build on this Warframe.

If applying the Umbral Forma can allow you to remove the Aura polarity for example, you'd be able to have a more versatile Warframe.