Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

missing mastery points - or, aka: the problem with k-drives

fr4gb4ll

so, i just done the MR27 test and noticed (not for the first time) that something is off with the amount of mastery points i have. with just now having hildryn mastered (and therefore been able to do the test), i only misses the founder stuff, war and the wolf sledge as sources for mastery points. as it happen just yesterday, i was building and mastering the remaining k-drive boards i was too lazy till now and i noticed that for the first board (which i bought back then when fortuna was released) and anothere i build and had mastered to rank 11 then, that it seems i neither got mastery points from both... the other two boards i build yesterday and then mastered in a few hours of rather boring grinding (literally speaking here ^^) had given me the correct amount of mastery points though (i were very eager to double and tripple check this then).

usually i wouldn't have noticed this at all, but since i saw a few MR27 since a few days and looked at their profile, i know that i also should have been at this amount of points - some even had  more missing than i do and had more point. and before you ask, no i DON'T missed any points from the map (not that there would be enough points to get from there for the difference anyway).

since the k-drives are known for mastery problems (and especially those bought and not build) and them only recently appearing in our profile list as mastered (or not), and i actively watched the progress of 2 and a half boards being mastered by me, i can conclude those being the culprits here - which would be indeed the missing amount (2x 200x 30 = 12000) of points that others with about the same masteres stuff have more than i do.

1 hour ago, Slayer_of_PCs said:

Me too. I bought a kdrive on the first day and it is sitting, not mastered, at rank 30. 

well, mine 'is' shown as mastered, but i'm pretty sure the points where never added to me. i already formated it too and also tested those 'tips' some wrote, like rearanging or removing all mods and do some tricks outside - nothing changed.

14 hours ago, LjMjollnir said:

A mate of mine had "this" issue... turns out he didnt gild a Moa pet but it was showing as mastered and the kdrives were mastered but showing as not mastered.. confused the hell out of him..

hmm no, i remember all moas being 'gilded' by me - also, i did observe 'not getting' mastery points for at least the one board (the 2nd one) - the first i had bought at release and seemingly mastered soon after... though i never got the points back then - though it was supposed to be fixed a while back already... only that, i can't really test now. this board, i had 'ranked' up to 11 before i noticed not getting any mastery point and then, stopped using it until a few days back when i saw DE had finally put all 4 boards into the equipment/vehicle tab of the profile... so since i also were very close to MR27 then i started building the other 2 boards and 'finished' the one i had done till rank 11... with this one i saw no more mastery point adding up - the other 2 boards did add mastery points though.

so my guess is that the missing amount i noticed is from at least the 2nd board and very likely the first one, that bought back then, too. either DE didn't correctly run a script over the accounts to rectify the missing mastery points or did nothing at all. i certainly won't building those two boards againg to get the mastery points, not with leveling them being such a pain in the arse (beside the vent-kids standing i would need to get the BPs, same pita here...).

funny enough, the k-drives are the only modular equipments that don't need the 'gilding' procedure - maybe there lies the root of the problem with them. also, only the board i bought, i could name - the others are just named 'k-drive' if i'm not to pay the 'entitle' fee... that is kinda lame imo - maybe DE should have stucked with usual build, level, gild, master line of work, like all the other modulars they made... (not that there wasn't enough trouble with them too).

i bought the first 3 boards and leveled them as they were on todays special..  so it wasnt to do with bought boards.. i built the 4th board and leveled it in like 15mins double xp weekend + booster..

but yeah my friend was sure he gilded all his moa's and the profile showed them as mastered.. but when he checked them he was able to gild one

The thing with K-Drives not being shown as mastered in the profile was fixed.. another mate had that issue all he had to do was earn 1 xp with the board and it showed.. he however still had the mastery from the board even tho it wasnt shown on his profile. he built all his boards none of them purchased via todays special.

1 hour ago, LjMjollnir said:

but yeah my friend was sure he gilded all his moa's and the profile showed them as mastered.. but when he checked them he was able to gild one

well, not only do i remember gilding them, i have them all named and stored in the trunk ^^)  but, i still checked with legs about this and had no option to gild them (again) - so i think that may not be the problem (though, i normally don't double check everything i master, so i "could" still be that the points are missiong from them... but so could from everything else).

like i said, at least for one board i DO know i didn't get any mastery after it was level 11 - for those i did monitor. what i also know, is that i didn't got the mastery points from the first, bought board - but that was a general problem after the release and i didn't kept track if DE ever docked me my mastery to this board (mostly since i mastered other stuff in the mean time and wouldn't really notice). usually i start paying attention to the mastery points when i'm close to the next MR-level (just this weekend, so to speak), and if i hadn't seen several other players who bought hildryn right away and mastered her before the rest could even farm her, and hadn't i then compared their profile to mine, i likely wouldn't even noticed it at all... but i did and when i was mastering those boards for the sake of getting enough points for the MR27 test, i noticed the mastery points not being added.

Edited by fr4gb4ll

Friend of mine has less items mastered than i have (when u look at our profiles), yet he reached MR27, and I'm unable to do so, lacking around 700 points (with all nodes, junctions, vandal weapons etc. mastered, except for founder items). There's definitively problem with mastery points.

2 minutes ago, deeveejay said:

Friend of mine has less items mastered than i have (when u look at our profiles), yet he reached MR27, and I'm unable to do so, lacking around 700 points (with all nodes, junctions, vandal weapons etc. mastered, except for founder items). There's definitively problem with mastery points.

yes, and it's very likely because of some modular weapon/equipment, for i can't remember anything else ever made mastery point problems. would be nice if someone from DE tell us that they know about this and are looking into it - no need to rush (at least for me, since i am MR27 now and it will take some time until we get enough new stuff to reach MR28), but a statement about this would be appreciate.

My MR is ~29k points left , and

...perform just one trick on Orb Vallis to re-obtain the 3000 MP from each board...

. Did it on 3 K-Drive... Nothing change with points. In profile now I have Max Rang of 3 boards, but points didn't change. On new board MR points works. But what I shoud do with these 3?

13 hours ago, SmuklyLew said:

My MR is ~29k points left , and

. Did it on 3 K-Drive... Nothing change with points. In profile now I have Max Rang of 3 boards, but points didn't change. On new board MR points works. But what I shoud do with these 3?

if you don't want them to build and level again (like i certainly won't), all we can do is to wait for DE to fix this...again...

and even IF you would build and level them again, i wouldn't trust the system to acknowledge the master points THEN... since the profile already say the boards are mastered. i rather wait for DE to run a script over the accounts to set the point right than to waste more time grinding the pipes or pearl again for hours.