Jump to content
OnTarasMind

Atlas - Changes I'd like to see

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

After playing a decent amount of Atlas, I can say that I love how his one and three work together, but I'm not too big of a fan of his two and four, given that they're not really all that useful in most of the situations of the game. Because of that, and because of his upcoming deluxe skin, I'd like to talk about possible changes that could be made to his kit to make it more cohesive overall.

Passive - Make the drain a bit slower, and make enemies drop more rubble when killed under the effect of Petrify.

Lower his shields to 75 base

Increase his health to 150 base

Landslide - Make the dash range scale off of range. Other than that, it's perfect.

Tectonics - Get rid of it, it's not necessary. Move Petrify over to his two and make the width of the cone scale off of power strength.

Replace his three with:

Landlock - Atlas creates a four-sided box around himself that has no cap. The health of the walls scale with his current armor, and can be healed by casting Petrify on it. Both allies and enemies cannot pass through Landlock. The width and length of the box does not scale with range, but the height does.

Replace his four with:

Mantle - Atlas melts and hardens the rubble he has collected for a duration, increasing his armor(1.5x base, scaling with power strength), and increasing the damage multiplier of his Landslide(1.5x base, scaling with power strength). While under the effect of Mantle, Atlas's rubble will not decay under the effect of Mantle, but he cannot gain more armor. Picking up rubble will still heal Atlas.

Any further tweaks I'll make will be noted with edits. Please leave feedback as to how this might make Atlas feel, and how cohesive it would make his kit.

EDIT ONE:

Removed:

Lower his energy pool to 100 base

(Currently Unnamed) - Atlas shoots out a percentage of his stored armor from his passive, dealing damage based off of his melee weapon, as a shotgun-like blast. The percentage used is based off of power strength, and the percentage of his stored armor used determines the percentage of damage scaling.

Earth Shatter - Atlas plants himself where here's standing and charges an earth-shattering punch. The longer the channel, the more of his stored armor is used. After the channel is over, he punches the ground, dealing damage to all enemies within a radius, with the damage scaling off of his melee weapon mods, and the range scaling off of the percentage of armor used, with 1% of his armor equaling a 1% range increase.

Edited by OnTarasMind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, OnTarasMind said:

(Currently Unnamed) - Atlas shoots out a percentage of his stored armor from his passive, dealing damage based off of his melee weapon, as a shotgun-like blast. The percentage used is based off of power strength, and the percentage of his stored armor used determines the percentage of damage scaling.

This takes the spot of a, situational, utility skill - Tectonics - and replaces it with a damage skill. Removes any interaction with Petrify, something that would have to change if it becomes a 2 and costs less.

18 minutes ago, OnTarasMind said:

Earth Shatter - Atlas plants himself where here's standing and charges an earth-shattering punch. The longer the channel, the more of his stored armor is used. After the channel is over, he punches the ground, dealing damage to all enemies within a radius, with the damage scaling off of his melee weapon mods, and the range scaling off of the percentage of armor used, with 1% of his armor equaling a 1% range increase.

Immobile charged AoE room clearer. This is uninteresting, at best.

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OnTarasMind said:

Currently Unnamed) - Atlas shoots out a percentage of his stored armor from his passive, dealing damage based off of his melee weapon, as a shotgun-like blast. The percentage used is based off of power strength, and the percentage of his stored armor used determines the percentage of damage scaling.

But why would i use that though? Landslide already scales extremely well at high levels,scales off the melee counter, builds the melee counter, uses equipped mods, has decent aoe and doesnt consume the thing that helps me not die. 

1 hour ago, OnTarasMind said:

Earth Shatter - Atlas plants himself where here's standing and charges an earth-shattering punch. The longer the channel, the more of his stored armor is used. 

Considering how fast armor drops and how weird it is to build it back up this just sounds like a death sentence. 

1 hour ago, OnTarasMind said:

After the channel is over, he punches the ground, dealing damage to all enemies within a radius, with the damage scaling off of his melee weapon mods, 

which means once enemiss hit around level 100 itll become worthless. 

1 hour ago, OnTarasMind said:

the range scaling off of the percentage of armor used, with 1% of his armor equaling a 1% range increase.

So you want the Atlas player who has to bust that rump to build up his survivability tool to start spending his armor he needs to eat hits if they blindside him to increase range.

So at best case he uses up all his 1500 armor to double his 4s range which only takes on the effects of the melee weapon mods ,which further delegates that itll just clear trash and leave the heavy hitters and disruptors alive. 

 

While i like the premise of juggling survival points for damage n vice versa ala Garuda, Atlas armor mechanics would need a hefty redesign to stop this from turning into 2 ignored skills or "did that idiot just use up all his armor in a sortie for negligible damage?"

 

Tectonis has a rather ok use, especially when you stack and hit them with his 3 but this shotgun scaling skill doesnt seem a worthy replacement after the fact youre taking away ways to help him 2 fold; tectonic AND it uses his armor. 

Edited by (PS4)psycofang
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

This takes the spot of a, situational, utility skill - Tectonics - and replaces it with a damage skill. Removes any interaction with Petrify, something that would have to change if it becomes a 2 and costs less.

Immobile charged AoE room clearer. This is uninteresting, at best.

 

1 hour ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

But why would i use that though? Landslide already scales extremely well at high levels,scales off the melee counter, builds the melee counter, uses equipped mods, has decent aoe and doesnt consume the thing that helps me not die. 

Considering how fast armor drops and how weird it is to build it back up this just sounds like a death sentence. 

which means once enemiss hit around level 100 itll become worthless. 

So you want the Atlas player who has to bust that rump to build up his survivability tool to start spending his armor he needs to eat hits if they blindside him to increase range.

So at best case he uses up all his 1500 armor to double his 4s range which only takes on the effects of the melee weapon mods ,which further delegates that itll just clear trash and leave the heavy hitters and disruptors alive. 

 

While i like the premise of juggling survival points for damage n vice versa ala Garuda, Atlas armor mechanics would need a hefty redesign to stop this from turning into 2 ignored skills or "did that idiot just use up all his armor in a sortie for negligible damage?"

 

Tectonis has a rather ok use, especially when you stack and hit them with his 3 but this shotgun scaling skill doesnt seem a worthy replacement after the fact youre taking away ways to help him 2 fold; tectonic AND it uses his armor. 

Thanks for the feedback

I'll try to come up with new ideas for a third and fourth ability that are defensive in nature and have possibly synergy with Petrify, since his offensive power is already there with Landslide.

Edited by OnTarasMind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OnTarasMind said:

Mantle - Atlas melts and hardens the rubble he has collected for a duration, increasing his armor(1.5x base, scaling with power strength), and increasing the damage multiplier of his Landslide(1.5x base, scaling with power strength). While under the effect of Mantle, Atlas's rubble will not decay under the effect of Mantle, but he cannot gain more armor. Picking up rubble will still heal Atlas.

This is a much better trade off and helps him in the survivability department. 

5 hours ago, OnTarasMind said:

Landlock

Nice but restrictive

You could put the homage of your shotgun skill that costs X on a half pipe shield.  Basically you can make a large tetonic and start land sliding it to fire out blasts at the expense of the shields hp

Damage could scale off the shields max accumulated hp after damage absorption at 10% of its capacity or 50% maximum

So a 40k shield will fire out 4k damage pellets modified by elements on landslide or at most 20k damage wave blasts that look like rock pellets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

TBH, I like his 1, 3, and his 4. It's only his 2nd ability I'd like to see changed, as it doesn't really fit anything else in his kit. He feels like a mobile brawler, so why would he put down little walls?
I used to hate Petrify, but since it's no longer channeled, it works great. I just wish it had larger range/radius so I could catch more enemies with it.

Frankly, maybe make Mantle his 2nd ability, or else his golems should be his 2nd ability as "utility"

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to bring up how much of a hassle getting rubble is.

You get two rubble from an enemy at most. Oh, and watch your health, cause if you're not maxed then no armor bonus for you! And don't you dare stop getting more rubble! Nevermind that you don't actually have a reliable way of regenerating energy without outside sources.

Could at the very least make it that enemies killed by landslide drop rubble regardless of whether they're petrified or not, since landslide is the reason to use Atlas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumblers are fine and often its better to cast it for its petrify than the petrify ability.

2 abilitied totally replace = bad rework to begin with. The amount of work involved in replacing just one is bad enough.

Finally while yes tectonics is mostly only useful as a molt esque decoy, its likely hood of being out right replaced is extremely low as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VentiGlondi said:

I'd like to bring up how much of a hassle getting rubble is.

You get two rubble from an enemy at most. Oh, and watch your health, cause if you're not maxed then no armor bonus for you! And don't you dare stop getting more rubble! Nevermind that you don't actually have a reliable way of regenerating energy without outside sources.

Could at the very least make it that enemies killed by landslide drop rubble regardless of whether they're petrified or not, since landslide is the reason to use Atlas.

>.> idk about your builds but i can easily hit the 1500 rubble cap with one cast of petrify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...