Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"You can skip nightwave act you won't miss anything" is not true if there is prestige system

Test-995

5 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

FTFY, glad I could help. Who are you quoting anyway?

i thought lot of people saying this, but also i'm misunderstanding those words?

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

I pulled up the event announcement page and looked over the exact wording

And from the threads going over the math of the event, even if you don't get every single challenge, you can still wind up with standing to prestige.  

Yes, and you could get bit less creds.

41 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Make it trivial to access things that would otherwise be Plat items and cosmetics and have no reason to go beyond 30 for anyone who isn't hypnotized by Rivens.

This is backwards only if you have no ability to imagine playing the game outside your way.

What would be your solution btw? How would you satisfy both ends of the spectrum? Because currently it doesn't. I'm all ears if you have a great suggestion. 

1 minute ago, Test-995 said:

i thought lot of people saying this, but also i'm misunderstanding those words?

I don't think (or at least I hope not) that anyone is talking about that prestige feature when talking about Nightwave standing requirements & completion. It's always about the tier rewards.

Are you misunderstanding FTFY? It means: fixed that for you. That is, I corrected it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

theres no need for a solution. People need to grow up.

Hey I'm just looking at possible improvements to curb the whining is all. I'm perfectly fine with Nightwave except that I'd like it to be much harder(just some parts) but that probably won't happen. I'd also prefer kuva to wolf credits I have no use for past rank 30 but again, I can live with whatever we get.

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

What would be your solution btw? How would you satisfy both ends of the spectrum? Because currently it doesn't. I'm all ears if you have a great suggestion. 

Simple, remove the time sensitive nature of NW. Boom all parties happy and i mean all parties.

10 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Because, obviously, if you skip 30% of nightwave act, you'll miss another 10 rank worth of rewards.

If it's a "You won't miss any limited items" then it's true.

.... Are these rewards something you're barred from getting in the next season? When the next season rolls around, will they remove the option to buy what you can currently? I don't mean the cosmetic garbage, I mean the materials. Nitain and potatoes. Will we absolutely not be getting these next season? You're not missing out on anything that you wouldn't be able to always get, anyway. If you want Nightwave specific cosmetics, then you're expected to put in the time and effort to earn these rewards. Otherwise, I don't see the crafting materials being phased out of any tables in the future 

14 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

Simple, remove the time sensitive nature of NW. Boom all parties happy and i mean all parties.

Not really because then you'd habe overlapping seasons with different credits per season and different bosses invading. So you wouldn'tbe able to hunt fugitives etc cos there'd be too many overlapping invasions in your games that would cause chaos.

So nope, that won't work.

"I don't wanna play the game but I deserve all the rewards!" -The most vocal portion of players about Nightwave.

But I'm glad the only prestige reward is just more wolf creds, nice thing to get but doesn't hurt by not getting them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I'm not MR 27 and I'm not effected either.  Heck, I have more potatoes and Nitain than I could possibly need for the next year or two.  

I'm MR 20 and I have no potatoes, and only 20-odd Nitain. And I don't actually care about the Nightwave thing, because I'll just go get the things when I need them (or, if I can't, I won't). I don't avoid doing the tasks, but I'm not going to chase down Nightwave bounties I don't feel like doing for a potato or some Nitain extract. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

5 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Not really because then you'd habe overlapping seasons with different credits per season and different bosses invading. So you wouldn'tbe able to hunt fugitives etc cos there'd be too many overlapping invasions in your games that would cause chaos.

Simple fix: Don't wipe wolf credits.

Now your being obtuse for the sake of it. We have players marked by regular stalker playing with those marked by shadow stalker, people marked by syndicates that others are allied with. No chaos there.

Again, stop being obtuse because I've just single handily destroyed you and your ilks last "excuse". Remove the time sensitive nature of NW and 90% of our complaints disappear, i though you'd want that since it seems that dissent and peoples complaints against NW upsets you~

On 2019-03-20 at 2:33 PM, LupisV0lk said:

Now your being obtuse for the sake of it. We have players marked by regular stalker playing with those marked by shadow stalker, people marked by syndicates that others are allied with. No chaos there.

Again, stop being obtuse because I've just single handily destroyed you and your ilks last "excuse". Remove the time sensitive nature of NW and 90% of our complaints disappear, i though you'd want that since it seems that dissent and peoples complaints against NW upsets you~

Err single handedly destroyed? LOL? You haven't done anything. I don't care if it's time gated, you want to cry about it? Go ahead! I'm sure that'll fix things. 
And how is that a simple fix if you have different invasions from different seasons? That's not a fix, that's moronic. We're never going to agree mate so there's no point in continuing this, just know they're not going to do that because it's idiotic. Have a nice day.

On 2019-03-19 at 6:10 PM, Zilchy said:

On 2019-03-19 at 11:33 PM, LupisV0lk said:

i think its kinda funny watching you guys go back n forth on this. i personally dont think the nightwave seasons are something they'll keep up with. it'll be like most other things, synthesis entries for example. they'll do it until they get too distracted by working on a cinematic quest, or reworking grass (cuz we know how much steve like messing with the grass looks on earths tilesets) and you'll see a nightwave last far too long and them reintroducing the old alert system again. just about the only things they've consistently kept up doing regularly is things they can directly sell us, like prime access packs n such. nothing else is consistent and alot of it falls by the wayside. so arguing about consecutive or overlapping seasons just seems pointless to me. either enjoy it or dont, this whole nightwave thing wont last past them getting really into working on railjack n the new war.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

i think its kinda funny watching you guys go back n forth on this. i personally dont think the nightwave seasons are something they'll keep up with. it'll be like most other things, synthesis entries for example. they'll do it until they get too distracted by working on a cinematic quest, or reworking grass (cuz we know how much steve like messing with the grass looks on earths tilesets) and you'll see a nightwave last far too long and them reintroducing the old alert system again. just about the only things they've consistently kept up doing regularly is things they can directly sell us, like prime access packs n such. nothing else is consistent and alot of it falls by the wayside. so arguing about consecutive or overlapping seasons just seems pointless to me. either enjoy it or dont, this whole nightwave thing wont last past them getting really into working on railjack n the new war.

Well it's hard to argue with that, consistency has never been their strong point, still waiting on that flying eidolon as just 1 example.

On 2019-03-19 at 12:35 AM, Zilchy said:

Those rewards are wolf credits. Huge loss.

Doesn't make too much sense. New players need wolf creds more than anyone else because of all the good aura mods that are locked behind creds wile the rest of us got them from "free" with the old alert system.

1 hour ago, Gentleman_Bird said:

Doesn't make too much sense. New players need wolf creds more than anyone else because of all the good aura mods that are locked behind creds wile the rest of us got them from "free" with the old alert system.

I agree I think they got it backwards. Early tiers should reward a few more wolf credits to help new players with progression, past rank 30 should reward the one thing most experienced players care about still...

KUVAAAAAA

Edited by Zilchy

On 2019-03-19 at 12:42 PM, Zilchy said:

They got it backwards tbh. Early tiers should reward wolf credits for new players who can't hit top ranks and after rank 30 it should reward kuva to give veterans incentive to push. Also the wolf credit offerings should include forma for new players.

I feel like DE should hire you.