Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Plains of Eidolon rain very weak/lackluster to anyone else?

Zahnny

I've always been a big fan of rain and rainy storms in movies, games and etc. Easily my favourite piece of ambience and atmosphere, I was excited when DE intended on adding rain to the Plains but after it was added it felt like it majorly missed its mark. Not sure how it appears for other players but for me I always see the rain as blending in too much unless directly looking at objects it contrasts with, and looking up at the sky always seems to have a clear blue sky with no real cloud cover. Which really comes off as unimmersive given the sound of wind and thunder that is heard, along with the wet sheen given to most objects and materials.

After messing in Captura I found there is an option for Rain on the Plains to be made more visible and noticable, though the clouds are still an issue.

I understand from a gameplay point of view many players will hate obvious rain obscuring their vision during a mission, as a compromise can we have an option in the settings to change how noticable the rain is from our client side similar to Captura?

I hope with the Plains of Eidolon remaster it will remaster the rain too.

1 minute ago, Zahnny said:

hope with the Plains of Eidolon remaster it will remaster the rain too.

it probably will. sometimes it 's not so much rain as a Sun Shower: the sky is clear and it's sunny but you can still see the rain. I don't mind, especially when Fishing since Rain increases Fish Spawn rates, but for what is supposed to be a hot and dry place with a few ponds, it seems to rain there as much as it does here in the UK.

and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that the wet rocks look kind of weird. everywhere looks like Gara went crazy with her Ult.

15 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I've always been a big fan of rain and rainy storms in movies, games and etc. Easily my favourite piece of ambience and atmosphere, I was excited when DE intended on adding rain to the Plains but after it was added it felt like it majorly missed its mark. Not sure how it appears for other players but for me I always see the rain as blending in too much unless directly looking at objects it contrasts with, and looking up at the sky always seems to have a clear blue sky with no real cloud cover. Which really comes off as unimmersive given the sound of wind and thunder that is heard, along with the wet sheen given to most objects and materials.

After messing in Captura I found there is an option for Rain on the Plains to be made more visible and noticable, though the clouds are still an issue.

I understand from a gameplay point of view many players will hate obvious rain obscuring their vision during a mission, as a compromise can we have an option in the settings to change how noticable the rain is from our client side similar to Captura?

I hope with the Plains of Eidolon remaster it will remaster the rain too.

I think this is meant to be normal rain...not "approaching Dracula's Castle in torrential rain with huge thunderclaps and eerie lightning strikes" kind of rain.

I already notice it just fine. Doesn't need any more drama for me.

Honestly its perpetually raining in the plains for me. I think the rain is too good. I can barely see at night.

Honestly it should be as lush as the main Earth areas by now in my uh..."Timeline" of the Plains.

I mean its ALWAYS a Hurricane level DOWNPOUR when I'm there. So sight is very limited.

Thank Goodness The Orb Vallis isn't in perpetual blizzard.

Hydrolyst just makes Plains even worse, a downpour...in a downpour...

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

I think this is meant to be normal rain...not "approaching Dracula's Castle in torrential rain with huge thunderclaps and eerie lightning strikes" kind of rain.

I already notice it just fine. Doesn't need any more drama for me.

Fair enough, I can imagine many players wouldn't want it to be too noticable.

hace 1 hora, Zahnny dijo:

Fair enough, I can imagine many players wouldn't want it to be too noticable.

There was a bug a couple of months ago that made rain effects stack when you went from the Plains to Cetus and back. I was trying to get Augur Secrets, and after a few tries I assumed they actually had Dracula's Castle levels of storms somewhere in the weather RNG. I remember telling my squadmates "yay, we got a stormy night!" but of course they fixed it next patch. Apparently I'm the only one who enjoyed the Silent Hill-esque touch of terror it added to tier 4 bounties.

Edited by Dankeerd

5 hours ago, rune_me said:

It can't rain all the time.

I know its RNG for when you spawn in but my luck with it has been horrible.

I seriously haven't been in a rainless Plains instance in over a month. Admittedly I've only go there for Nightwave challenges recently but since Orb Vallis launched the rare times I've gone into the plains it's always raining.

• Like 1

Yeah, the rain in PoE is super weak. To the point I barely can see it's there.

I can only see some hints of rain when I accidentally look just right, under just the right angle, under just the right lighting at some specific surface against which some droplets would be somewhat visible.

It's about right when I'm on the ground, noticeably there but not overpowering. However, the moment I pull out my archwing, even if I'm sitting completely still, not moving at all, it suddenly ramps up in density to a blinding torrential downpour.  As soon as I'm back out of the Archwing, it's back to being noticeable but not overwhelming. And it seems like it's always raining at night. I can't see anything when it's like that, so I've taken to using Nova instead of an archwing for wisp farming. Turns out I enjoy that better, anyway, which is nice, but still. I can't see through the rain at night to get anything done in archwing.

Edited by Andvarja

2 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I know its RNG for when you spawn in but my luck with it has been horrible.

I seriously haven't been in a rainless Plains instance in over a month. Admittedly I've only go there for Nightwave challenges recently but since Orb Vallis launched the rare times I've gone into the plains it's always raining.

That moment when you try to jokingly ligthen up the mood by making a reference to what you thought was a popular movie from your childhood, but no one gets it and now you just feel old :crylaugh:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rune_me said:

That moment when you try to jokingly ligthen up the mood by making a reference to what you thought was a popular movie from your childhood, but no one gets it and now you just feel old :crylaugh:

Oh.......I am sorry bout that.

george-clooney-lifting-ai-testicoli-2.jp

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
  • Like 1