Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Progression Impeded by Non-functioning "Green" Door

StarGeezerTim

Since the latest hot fix last night, I've experienced two instances where forward progression of the mission has been effectively thwarted by a non-opening "green light" door. The only alternative in both cases has been to abort the mission.

The first was during a void fissure, cannot recall the location/planet or relic level although I believe it to have been an exterminate mission. In this case I was with one other person, and we both could not proceed. 

The second was during a routine exterminate mission on Jupiter/Carpo, which I was running solo. Refer to image below:

UOvoXAM.jpg

You'll note by the mini-map in the upper left that it's the intended path, and that the door's condition is green (there was not a lock-down status.) Also note I'm standing close enough to trigger the automatic opening.

Thanks for your time.

My first (and only, so far) Wolf of Saturn Six encounter resulted in such a locked door, where I had to abort the mission!

I also had this issue today during the spy mission on Jupiter (solo, invite only mode), but I was able to workaround by switch teleport with an enemy close behind the door.

• Like 1

Mission Type: Syndicate Exterminate for Cephalon Suda
Players: Solo

Completed objectives, progressed impeded by a closed "green" door.  Despite having accomplished all tasks, was forced to abort mission.

Spoiler

DKj9WOu.png

PC/Solo
Regular Mission: Exterminate

Completed exterminate objectives, but unable to extract due to non-functioning green door. Screenshot shows some obvious mount points for control panels (co-op door?) on sides, no panels showing up. Has occurred previously on a (Corpus, friends-only) spy mission, preventing access to a vault.

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP!

Even after update 24.5.8.1, this problem occured two times in a row during jupiter spy mission:
- 1x in public mode with point A unreachable
- 1x in solo mode on the main way to the mission points

I haven't personally encountered this much in a couple weeks now, but I've seen multiple posts/responses that indicate it's a recurring (if thankfully rare) occurrence that needs to be pinned down and eliminated. At the very least, if they can't nail the circumstances that cause this, then put in a once-per-mission special command similar to /unstuck that will either open the door or place you on the other side of the offending portal and let you continue with the mission. Place the same restrictions on it that currently exist on /unstuck so that it can't be used to exploit or cheese into otherwise restricted areas.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb StarGeezerTim:

I haven't personally encountered this much in a couple weeks now, but I've seen multiple posts/responses that indicate it's a recurring (if thankfully rare) occurrence that needs to be pinned down and eliminated. At the very least, if they can't nail the circumstances that cause this, then put in a once-per-mission special command similar to /unstuck that will either open the door or place you on the other side of the offending portal and let you continue with the mission. Place the same restrictions on it that currently exist on /unstuck so that it can't be used to exploit or cheese into otherwise restricted areas.

I guess that won't work properly. Sometimes the door is on the way to a single spy-point and you would need to switch at least twice trough a bugged door.

Maybe it could be related to a false alert state, because sometimes the consoles to lower the alert are always active and can be hacked multiple times (what could be used to grind hacking), but the behavior of the enemies is like "you're still in the dark". On the other side, the alert would have impect on all doors, but the problem exists mostly with one random door.

What I have found seems to consistently cause this is hacking any terminals to turn off a medium alert on Corpus nodes but particularly Jupiter Gas City Tiles. They only thing that seems to allow the door to open is somehow convincing the enemy to go to full lockdown and then hacking a terminal from there. This isn't always even possible though, as the enemies might not be spawning or near a terminal to raise the alarms when excited.

You may be onto something, @Urlan. I just ran Carpo on Jupiter, and I specifically reset the alarms after being spotted but before a lockdown. As can be seen by the image, I'm unable  to progress, although there's a little shield osprey who can come and go by clipping through the door with no problem. So there may well be a connection between alert levels and the bugged doors. Thanks for the sharp eyes.

Oh @[DE]Rebecca, can we have someone look at this please? Pretty please?

9IZXQr3.jpg

Update to the update: I aborted the above-cited mission (out of necessity) and ran the exact same one afterward. This time, I intentionally left the hacking terminals alone until it actually escalated to a lockdown. Once I hacked the console, I was able to proceed as normal. Now, two tests do not a conclusion find, but it does suggest there may be an issue with the lockdown status and hacking a terminal in alerted phase. Not sure this applies to all tilesets, or just to Corpus/Gas City, but it's worth noting.

• 2 weeks later...

This is apparently still an issue, and I'm not entirely sure why. I just had to abort a mission (same place: Carpo/Jupiter) due to a bugged green door. In this particular instance, nothing was done wrong on my part. I've purposely been avoiding hacking the terminals until it gets to lockdown status to avoid any issues. This time, a general alert went up, and bugged the doors without my going near a terminal.

Please, for the love of Pete...this was reported well over a month ago (and even further back than that in other threads.) Could one of the devs at the very least take a look at it and see if they can duplicate the problem? That'd be great, thanks. 😏

Tag: @[DE]Rebecca

Today, i just had to abort an exterminate mission on Jupiter at Carpo.

Got the same problem, door wounld not open.

It seem the bug, the one in my mission was created when 2 exploding barrels when out and i had to hack the console to have the broken window shut. After that i had 2 doors not opening. One was a little room but the other was to continue the mission and i could not.

I've encountered this 3 or 4 times now.  It seems that Jupiter's tile set is pretty buggy as of the moment, since I've only encountered this in the said planet.  Jupiter is my favorite tile set and my go to planet for leveling frames.  I hope this will get fixed specially if these tile sets would still be used with the Gas City rework.

Completed phase 1 of Exploiter... door wouldn't open for phase 2. Could be related to a connectivity issue as it was kinda laggy.

-----

In a Neo Fissure Crossfire Spy / Jupiter Tileset. IF I use my operator to disable a security alarm / lockdown inside the vault area. I get an unresponsive green door. i.e. alarms are reset but locked doors remain locked. On the other paw, if I use my 'frame to do it... seems normal. Obviously it wasn't the same exact map, but it was the similar mission. As I was solo both times, wasn't able to say if all doors throughout the map was similarly affected...

Edited by Asphe

Also happened a few days ago while playing a mission with a buddy. He got trapped on the wrong side of the door, but luckily I had made it on the other side (only just made it), and was able to get to the end and finish the mission. It's almost definitely tied to a faulty script on the alert status/hacking terminals/door state mechanics.