Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.3

[DE]Megan

6 hours ago, Proteo said:

Thanks for the continuous work!

So I notice the "hit Box" of Catchmoon is larger than the projectile itself. Is that a "feature"?

BTW, Can we get the option to completely mute Nora?

do you mean that as in turn off the whole scanner? you can do that. or do you mean scanner on, Nora off?

4 hours ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

They can be done. You have to hold the "aim" button after the first swing, and keep pressing the melee button. It'll do the block combo and not switch to aim mode. 

Incorrect. It will do the combo, but the moment you stop swinging as the animations 'delay' the switch, it immediately shunts you back to your weapon, breaking the flow of melee combat. I don't know how you managed to do it without getting forced back. 

Can we get some form of the old alert system back? Maybe have Nora broadcast random missions that reward creds depending on their level?

The random alerts from before were a great little something-to-do when burnt out from all the grinding.

Also, please remove 'with friends' challenges, you cruel so-and-so's! Or at the very least change them to 'with teammates.' Stop forcing your social norms on me! You're not my real space mom! :sadcry:

Thanks for the patch.

The melee block combos are very hard to use right now. Once you press the block/aim button, you will automatically change to guns, slow your movement, zoom the screen and then immediately switch back to melee and perform the combo. It can be fixed by press block/aim button after the start of you melee attack but it's not stable and a bit hard to do for many fast attacking melees. Also, you will be forced to switch back to guns after the combo occasionally and it not just break the flow of the combat but also turn off you blocking, which means knockdown from your enemies become effective and I got myself killed several times in high-level CQC combat due to this.

Overall, the new instant-switch is good in many ways but make players have less control in pure melee combat. So I have been forced to get into a mission without a gun equipped so I can use manual blocking again. I cannot perform several technics as easy as before such as side roll when blocking to attack a heavy enemy from behind without the worry of knockdown or instant burst damage. These little tricks are kinda useful if you want to do technical CQC combat using none-tanky warframe in high-level content.

A little suggestion, which is to have the ability to change what your RMB(or aiming/blocking button) can do in the setting menu. When you are using your melee weapon, you can choose to use your RMB as manual blocking, or gun aiming. If the RMB is set to perform manual blocking, then the player can switch back to gun immediately by pressing the fire button.

1 hour ago, Glyphicality said:

Incorrect. It will do the combo, but the moment you stop swinging as the animations 'delay' the switch, it immediately shunts you back to your weapon, breaking the flow of melee combat. I don't know how you managed to do it without getting forced back. 

If you can find the right timing, it's possible. But it does break the flow of melee combat and make some little technics in CQC unusable.

My little suggestion is to have the ability to change what your RMB(or aiming/blocking button) can do in the setting menu. When you are using your melee weapon, you can choose to use your RMB as manual blocking, or gun aiming. If the RMB is set to perform manual blocking, then the player can switch back to gun immediately by pressing the fire button.

Even if this gets implemented, it's just a ban-aid fix. We have to wait for melee 3.0 for all combos to be changed. But considering the fact that we are still going to have block combo in the melee 3.0, we have to consider about this because this does make players like me who play pure melee run and utilize the stance combo for fun but not just spamming E and slide attack feel kinda inconvenient.

I’m having issues with the orb Vallis when I got on Warframe Sunday I got a firewall that wanted to know Warframe so I hit accept but I’m curious if there’s a bug that when going to the orb Vallis on public it was taking agile to load but when it went through it said it was frozen and that when I try to abort mission it would let me leave even going to the elevator it would let me out so I’m wondering if there’s a bug or glitch with it

Again: Please fix melee channel on controllers.

Right stick press is a *terrible* place for it, that we're not allowed to move. Consequently, I'm still using an old controller setup that places crouch on the right stick, and completely removes melee channel, because in no universe is right stick good for melee channel or secondary fire.

Allow us to bind melee channel as an individual button, instead of as an alternate to secondary fire (or, as it was previously, other gun-mode buttons).

Additionally, allow us to mitigate the lack of controller space by letting us bind things to the ability menu.

Here, as you can see, is my current layout. Note that secondary fire is in a sensible place, with toggle crouch where you have secondary fire currently. Secondary fire is *horrendous* when placed on the same stick as "Look". You do not want to have to perform a different input to shoot with the same input you're using to aim. It's imprecise and likely to interfere with your aiming.

NBE8SJH.jpg

Here's my ability menu. Notice all the N/A? That's because you won't let me put place marker, melee channel, and maybe secondary fire over there, freeing up room to put roll in a usable space (I currently almost never use it), or even use reverse camera, or whatever future functions you might be adding. Hell, I'd even have room to put some commonly used gear slots over there, so I don't always have to open up the gear wheel.

vxcISzD.jpg

I'm gonna probably keep suggesting this until it happens, so. Hope someone reads it eventually.

thank you for the hard work any word on the k-drive fixes? players cant still get tht miliseconds speed counter cuz we can't grind on the last second after doing air tricks to raise the multiplier when landing on a rail

BTW is there a work around for this problem since fortuna 2.0 this has been an issue for k-drive enthusiasts? its all well and good to have content to grind for but there are times when just need to unwind and do some fun activity that we can do privately for contrast.

Still no fix for:

Hildryn's Aegis Storm blocks use of Balefire, unless it was activated BEFORE Aegis Storm was activated. This is really weird and inconvenient, especially since no other weapon can be used while Aegis Storm is active. It would make sense for Balefire to be activated automatically when Aegis Storm is activated, especially since Balefire has no channeling cost, only on a per shot basis. It would be cool if activating Aegis Storm would wave the activation cost of Balefire, but I suppose it isn't necessary. At the very least though, we should be able to activate Balefire after Aegis Storm is activated.

Hildryn can't jump if a Balefire shot is charging/charged. This is really weird considering every other chargeable weapon (to my knowledge) still allows jumping. There are situations where a small wall or rock will block the line of sight to an enemy, but instead of just jumping and then firing, I have to either waste the shot, or move around the obstacle to get a line of sight again. This is just irritating and ridiculous.

61 hotfixes since chimera update and still no fix for melee locking your movement and momentum isn't working. melee is literally unplayable at it's current state which begs the question about how you guys want a "uninterrupted melee system".

Sword and shield's shields are being holstered too high despite using final harbinger.

Before chimera update:

koQE7oR.jpg

now:

DzgfwBv.jpg

• atlas's loincloth is buggy when using weapons like heavy blade swords and single handed pistols.

dNke1V0.jpg

Qkd3pWl.jpg

• War's blade energy not displaying while having mara detron equipped

kfFWofD.jpg

ZVigYoT.jpg

• perla pistol skin is bugged for stubba, euphona prime, and pandero once again.

stubba

BIKSuEO.jpg

euphona prime

40bpwuK.jpg

pandero

eG4ibse.jpg

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes:

• The World Cycles displayed in the Navigation Window now display time until next Cycle/Temperature. The Plains of Eidolon time phases for Dawn, Sunrise, Morning, Day, Dusk, and Sunset are now all described as Day for clarity. We’ve also removed Freezing state in Orb Vallis, now it's just one long period of Cold.

Nice

• Reduced frequency of Nora Night Radio Transmissions when in the Orbiter.

Since voice acting is pretty terrible everywhere in the game, I have all of them muted, but it is a nice change as well.

• Increased volume of Chat notification sounds.

Useful, but it would be awesome to have a separate volume control for this particular sound. It would be pretty useful when I am tabbed in dojo waiting for PMs from .market or riventrade. Sometimes I don't hear the notifications.

Also: was there a fix to the huge mess that is/was using archgun while quick meleeing? I didn't try yet and don't remember seeing in other patchnotes.

Still waiting for a fix to hema research cost.

Oh, and a very annoying problem that must be fixed: after host migrations on defense arbitrations, the objective-guy loses a crapton of health.

And please, the wolf spawn rate is ridiculous, specially considering his loot table also is. I only got him 4 times since the beggining of the event and got 1 single piece of the hammer and a handful of Eleventh Storms. That's 2 layers of ridiculous RNG on a temporary event where the guy is a pain to kill.

Please allow the pros to have Auto-block toggle. Full manual Block is what people want not this placebo effect manual block that you gave the pros/veterans so we'll shut. Warframe AI's system is not very smart, therefor i don't want the game auto doing anything for me. I don't know why you people have truned melee into a very casual system of a joke. Melee Phase 1 is garbage and you didn't do anything but uproot a very familiar system and destroyed melee for the pros/melee only players. Melee Phase 1 is trash.

The mentioning of the day night cycles makes me think.....

DE....why dont you just make an instanced version of day or night for the Plains? like when you enter the plains or take a related mission from the bounty board, it asks if you'd like to wait till night, and then you click yes and the game will load you into a night instance of the plains.

Archived