Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New melee and scanner, fishing, or mining tool

Educated_Beast

When have a scanner, fishing spear, or mining tool equipped and need to quick melee, the item is no longer equipped and must be equipped. 

Previously I could pull out scanner and look for a simarus target and just use melee until found.  Now if I strike, I must reequip scanner.  I happen to have my scanner hot key but this is really a pain to use.  If I had to go through gear wheel, I'd likely just stop searching for targets.  

The same is true for mining or fishing, if you get attacked and want to defend self, you must requip.  This is slow and the old way was much better.  I like how fast it is for combat between weapons and melee, but when you have a tool out, you should have to press F to swap to weapon and quick melee should be available at all times.  

EDIT:  The same is true if you swap to operator mode and back, your scanner must be reequipped.  This makes that horrible riven challenge to kill animals with spear much more irritating since the hard part about it is getting them to spawn and find them.

Edited by Educated_Beast