Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is a really, really good game.

Squeetahd

Started playing 12 days ago. I am enjoying it immensely. I'd heard of Waframe over the years, I thought it was some crappy mobile game, boy was I wrong. I was looking for a co-op game to play with a buddy and Warframe kept topping review sites lists. So I said hmmm, what's this all about. Holy crap, it's a full fledged MMORPG shooter!  

-The Warframe concept. One character, dozens of builds. No more "Hang on, let me go get my tank". Drop group, log out, switch toons, log in, get an invite. Of course that's after you ground each toon up to max level having run the same storyline and quests dozens of times.
- Each Warframe has set skills. I like theory crafting. Warframe does it well enough with mods and traits. I don't need a 10 page skill tree and 30 skill bars. Go away games like Path of Exile.
-No account bound or bind on equip gear.  
-Gameplay is hella fun. This is the most important part. I'm a badass, leaping, spinning, casting, shooting killing machine. It's so smooth and shooting so well done I headshot most everything. Mobility is fantastic. And fast. I jumped in Fortnite yesterday and was yelling "run you stupid bastard run"!  
-Separate Melee and ranged buttons. What a great idea. No more swapping weapons on the fly. Aim button pops you right back to down the sights.
-Game is very involved. So much to do and learn. 
 -Load times and patching of the game is very fast. Well done on the game engine.

Meh:
-Missions can get repetitive. But gameplay is fun so it takes some of the drudgery out of it.
-Environment could use a graphical update. Character models look great but the lighting and textures are showing their age.  

Anyhoo, that's my review. Most times I'd be on a game's forum *@##$ing about a host of issues but I have no real complaints about this game. Wish I'd found it sooner. Bought the Prime dual pack to support development, you go DE!

Edited by Squeetahd
  • Like 20

Just now, Catastor said:

wait until you burn through all the fluff and the great wall of china time gates and then start to play barbie dress up and region sht posting, cant wait .

Time to move onto something else at that point I think?

9 minutes ago, Squeetahd said:

Time to move onto something else at that point I think?

No, it's time to push forward. Reach The Second Dream quest, this is when you find out the game is much much deeper than you thought.

More stuff about some of the points you mentioned:

16 minutes ago, Squeetahd said:

Gameplay is hella fun. This is the most important part. I'm a badass, leaping, spinning, casting, shooting killing machine. It's so smooth and shooting so well done I headshot most everything. Mobility is fantastic. And fast. I jumped in Fortnite yesterday and was yelling "run you stupid bastard run"!  

Fun fact, it started from a bug. The movment was decent since forever, just not at this level.

Separate Melee and ranged buttons. What a great idea. No more swapping weapons on the fly. Aim button pops you right back to down the sights.

Very resent change. I think you started playing at the exact day it was added or slightly after.

Missions can get repetitive. But gameplay is fun so it takes some of the drudgery out of it.

You get used to it.

Environment could use a graphical update. Character models look great but the lighting and textures are showing their age.  

If you follow the devstreams, you will be happy to know they are working on it. Plains of Eidolon is the next area to be updated.

Edited by FrostedMike
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Squeetahd said:

Started playing 12 days ago. I am enjoying it immensely. I'd heard of Waframe over the years, I thought it was some crappy mobile game, boy was I wrong. I was looking for a co-op game to play with a buddy and Warframe kept topping review sites lists. So I said hmmm, what's this all about. Holy crap, it's a full fledged MMORPG shooter!  

-The Warframe concept. One character, dozens of builds. No more "Hang on, let me go get my tank". Drop group, log out, switch toons, log in, get an invite. Of course that's after you ground each toon up to max level having run the same storyline and quests dozens of times.
- Each Warframe has set skills. I like theory crafting. Warframe does it well enough with mods and traits. I don't need a 10 page skill tree and 30 skill bars. Go away games like Path of Exile.
-No account bound or bind on equip gear.  
-Gameplay is hella fun. This is the most important part. I'm a badass, leaping, spinning, casting, shooting killing machine. It's so smooth and shooting so well done I headshot most everything. Mobility is fantastic. And fast. I jumped in Fortnite yesterday and was yelling "run you stupid bastard run"!  
-Separate Melee and ranged buttons. What a great idea. No more swapping weapons on the fly. Aim button pops you right back to down the sights.
-Game is very involved. So much to do and learn. 
 -Load times and patching of the game is very fast. Well done on the game engine.

Meh:
-Missions can get repetitive. But gameplay is fun so it takes some of the drudgery out of it.
-Environment could use a graphical update. Character models look great but the lighting and textures are showing their age.  

Anyhoo, that's my review. Most times I'd be on a game's forum *@##$ing about a host of issues but I have no real complaints about this game. Wish I'd found it sooner. Bought the Prime dual pack to support development, you go DE!

Welcome to the Origin System, Tenno. 

Glad you're having fun...long may it continue. 

2 minutes ago, Squeetahd said:

I'll bite. Name me some games then that you think are better worth my time.

Don't take what they say to heart. That particular tenno is just being loud and obnoxious for no other reason but to put you off. Enjoy your stay here, you got a lot ahead of you 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Squeetahd said:

I limit my time investment in all games. Sounds like you have a problem with getting "hooked" on games.

Very wise.

A lot of folks here have done really intense grinds. Now they're out of stuff to do and bored.

For me, real life commitments mean I don't have that much time to spend gaming. Been playing around a year and a half and still have lots of stuff to do.

If you can, take the time to watch the dev streams (links at the top of the forum). They're usually pretty entertaining and informative. You'll also get a little insight into the development process.

2 minutes ago, Squeetahd said:

I limit my time investment in all games. Sounds like you have a problem with getting "hooked" on games.

Dont listen to the negative posts in this thread.  While this game does have drawbacks,  it is up to u to determine what you find fun.  There are a lot of people unwilling to even do some contents just because it takes time and patience or it went in a different direction than they wanted this game to follow.  While there is a lot of content that is time gates, it is a ftp game and that is the nature of the beast when it comes to these types of games.  Also I think it is a far more enjoyable game if you tackle it in the same order that the content was released.  Work on completing all the quests and opening up the star chart.  Work on your MR ranks in the process and by the time you get to the plains and orb valus the sindicates will go much quicker and be more enjoyable.

1 hour ago, Squeetahd said:

if you haven't already seen it, I recommend looking up the Jupiter remastered screenshots, it shows what all Jupiter gas City tiles will be looking like in a future update. it's absolutely beautiful IMO, here's some examples:

Spoiler

Image result for warframe jupiter remaster

Spoiler

Image result for warframe jupiter remaster

the Tileset will not only look a lot better visually, but ill have rooms that encourage Parkour, new enemies to fight, and some additional Lore explaining how Jupiter has changed in Warframe's universe. environment remasters take time, but we do get them: earth, Ceres, all ships and the Void have also been remastered and tweaked at least once, so chances are anything you think looks old will eventually get looked at. the first Open world, plains of Eidolon, is also going through a remastering as well.

Yeah, farming forma to slap on more polarities is the second stage of farming warframes. But there are also arcanes that you can get from some bosses that have some special bonuses like chance to restore shields when you get hit.

And there are so-called riven mods which have random stats that you can keep rerolling until you like what you see.

Edited by Cyclouros

9 minutes ago, Squeetahd said:

Nice!

General question for you all? Once you get your warframes and weapons to 30, is it better and better Mods and polarizing all the mod slots the only way to up your damage and survive-ability?

Pretty much. Although learning to forma gear to your liking is an art in itself. I recommend looking at warframe builder. It's a good beginning resource and helps with thoery crafting. Also, never be afraid to ask for build ideas in Players Helping Players here. You'll find people that use the frame or weapon you're looking to maximize. 

Edited by Sajochi

1 minute ago, notNSANE said:

everything it's cool until you find the rotten interior of the game.

It's still a great game and very much worth your time for a while, but at specific times the item chase is so badly designed (RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG) and it becomes very obvious it's an artificial way to make you spend money, not different than what mobile game companies do. Then you have the very, very broken UI, the obvious spaghetti code, the abandoned "new" features, the lack of end-game...

I maintain it's a great journey until you get there, anyways. But I wouldn't play this game permanently or recommend it.

Thanks for the constructive advice. I've been having a blast since I started, gonna keep playing.

A free to play RPG type game is is always going to have a cash shop with time saving items in it, that's how they make money. I never play a game permanently. And never play a game I find a chore. I play them until they stop being fun. Longest I've played a game is Elder Scrolls online, 4 years. But I was with a great guild and had a lot of social fun there. Uninstalled it last june and never looked back.

I'm thinking some of the people here are more from a shooter background and have no idea how much of a grindfest MMORPG's can be. Run the same dungeon a hundred times for that piece of gear that never drops. Getting the game's top gear has always been that way, that's how they keep you playing.

The saying goes "RNG, sometimes it hates you. Other times it really hates you".

• Like 1

Christ this thread is beyond me.

DE is not perfect. Warframe is not perfect. You are free to criticize them, call the game S#&$, and even advise others to play something else.

However, what isn't ok is to get upset with others who disagree, especially if you are being toxic about it.

OP, Warframe is a fantastic game - But it's also quite horrible. This is because Warframe is a Love/Hate relationship. Every time something is changed, you see a mob of people who love it with no real care for those who dislike it, and a mob of people who hate it with no real care for those who like it. Every change divides the community, and this is because there's many features in this game that act as hooks to different players.

What you love may one day be changed in a way that you don't like, and that can really ruin the game for you because that was what kept you reeled in.

I'm not saying this is bad design wise, because it keeps you engaged as a player - But with all the sensationalism that occurs with a patch, I advise you stay as far away from these forums, the subreddit, and even region chat on the day of a major patch, because it's going to get toxic.

There's also many flaws as you delve deeper into the game's mechanics. Of course, not everyone gets to the point where you can notice some of the more obscure issues, but Rivens are the most obvious example of a flaw (Rng upon Rng upon Rng, as mentioned by other users).

Warframe at its core has amazing gameplay, great sound design, fantastic visuals, and a genuinely passionate team behind it (Maybe a little too passionate at times, but I never hold anything against them for being a little too personal. They're quite open with the community compared to other companies, and you can feel that they genuinely care, even if they do #*!% up something from time to time). The flaw is that the game is F2P. I know that's counter-intuitive, but if you think about it, it's why some people come into this game, love it, and then feel horribly entitled, why there is occasionally horrendous RNG stacks, and usually horrible base RNG, and also why the Prime Vault exists.

It's a fantastic game, but you will hate it at times. Because unlike other games, it has a personality - And I know for sure that any personality you've talked to has once annoyed you, made you angry, or straight up drift apart.

But like any personality, if you like them, you will always come back. That's why I'm still here. That's why I have played on many different platforms, and that's why I will stay loyal to this game - And take breaks when needed, because this game can sometimes be boring (Think bad stories your friend tells you over the phone about their time at work - You don't care about it, but you don't hate them for it)

The metaphor has fallen apart faster then the community in response to Nightwave, but you get my point. Sorry for the unfocused post, I'm really tired

Edited by DeltaStorms

Thread cleaned up some.

Welcome to Warframe, @Squeetahd, glad to hear you're enjoying yourself so far. There is a lot to do, and the developers are always working on adding new content. 

🙂

And, don't be afraid to voice criticisms or negative feedback; the best place to do so is in the feedback subforums (not General Discussion). Negative feedback, when provided in a constructive and civil manner, is among the best feedback that can be offered, as it helps to improve the game.

1 hour ago, Squeetahd said:

Nice!

General question for you all? Once you get your warframes and weapons to 30, is it better and better Mods and polarizing all the mod slots the only way to up your damage and survive-ability?

The best way to improve your survivability is to improve your movement and get used to never sitting still, and to learn how far various defensive abilities can be pushed.

Enemy scaling has a lot of different effects. One of the most obvious is that, past a certain point, you will get one-shotted even through 90% damage reduction, with the only real defenses being perfect invulnerability or not getting hit. You won't need to worry about content like that for a while, though. You can play starchart content straight through with unforma'd level 30 gear as long as you have most of your core mods at least partially leveled.

One aspect of increasing your damage is learning all the little tricks -- the headshot multiplier, how specific procs work, what the damage type strengths and weaknesses are, and the unspoken mechanics of various abilities. For example, Volt's 4, Discharge, does more damage the more enemies you tag with it, because each affected enemy spreads additional damage ticks to every other enemy around it. However, it can't be spammed, because recasting won't refresh the duration on enemies you've already tagged with it, so if it's not enough to kill them with one cast you will end up missing a bunch if you aren't careful to only recast when the first cast's effect is over... but if you're familiar with the cast time of the ability and how quickly it propagates, you know that you can recast anywhere from 1s-3s before it ends and still apply it again to everything that survived the first cast.

If you like your MMOs to have a story, there is one hell of a plot going on in the background provided you're willing to do some digging.  I'm not going to spoil a syllable of it, but it's there.  Also, if you need help/a clan, feel free to drop me a PM.  I can help get you sorted.

• Like 2