Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

So my issue with nightwave is that, it is yet again ANOTHER system that hurts weekend warriors. Some people have real jobs and cant play throughout the week as much, and the weekly challenges take up pretty much the entire day to complete all of then, not to mention missing out on some daily challenges. So essentially some weekend warriors might not be able to unlock the higher level rewards before the nightwave switches. Another thing i would suggest. every tier should give you nightwave credits. not a lot, maby like 5 or so, because taking away alerts means this is the ONLY way to get nitain.

Now this already might be the plan, but assuming old nightwaves will rotate in every once and a while, I suggest our ranking stays where it was the last time it came up. I will be incredibly pissed if my progress in the standing is reset when Wolf of saturn six comes around again in the future. This could fix the issue with weekend warriors as it might take a little longer but its still attainable. Also I would suggest running 2 nightwaves at the same time. Have the rotation be kinda like 1 old and 1 new at the same time. Maby the old one doesn't have as many challenges but still allows you to earn a small amount of standing for that one.

Obviously this is just me brainstorming, use it or not, you make the game not me.

1 hour ago, NezuHimeSama said:

For someone so toxic, you sure seem to whine about other people a lot.

You're the one on offensive, against people who have a legitimate issue with the new content.

You keep saying that. But I suspect that if I were you would have reported me long ago and I would have had a bunch of posts removed and a warning. So I'm thinking that you don't have much of a leg to stand on there. 

Also: ad hominems, again? You could have tried refuting what was said instead. But your last three posts have contained nothing but ad homs and deflection. 

You claim to have legitimate complaints? Then make them, people will respond with their views on the legitimacy, and you can take it from there. Again, you might want to check that pinned thread on how to make good feedback so as not to just waste everyone's time. 

BTW, here are the links to your 2 previous contributions, so you can see where you try to claim that I said something that I did not, and the heap of ad hominem tactics you tried to pull. 

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1073526-nightwave-alerts-removal-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=10619782

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1073526-nightwave-alerts-removal-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=10619730

Have fun, Tenno. I think that you forgot to do that somewhere along the line. 

55 minutes ago, y0urd0g said:

So my issue with nightwave is that, it is yet again ANOTHER system that hurts weekend warriors. Some people have real jobs and cant play throughout the week as much, and the weekly challenges take up pretty much the entire day to complete all of then, not to mention missing out on some daily challenges. So essentially some weekend warriors might not be able to unlock the higher level rewards before the nightwave switches. 

Uh... How high are you trying to get? 

You might miss out on 3 or 4 daily reward. Those are worth maybe 4k out of 43k possible from the challenges per week. So if you are able to complete all of the other challenges, you will end up with about 390k before you factor in convict captures. You only need 300k to reach the maximum tier. After that it's all creds apparently. 

If you wanted you could skip 3 weeklies, and it would still be fine. 

You could skip 1 Elite, 1 weekly and 1 more daily, and it would be fine. 

Or you could skip one elite and the remaining three dailies and end up with 10k above the amount you need. 

So where are you getting the whole "weekend warriors won't be able to make it to the higher levels" from? 

55 minutes ago, y0urd0g said:

Now this already might be the plan, but assuming old nightwaves will rotate in every once and a while, I suggest our ranking stays where it was the last time it came up. I will be incredibly pissed if my progress in the standing is reset when Wolf of saturn six comes around again in the future. 

That’s not a good idea. It means that everyone who does succeed in making it to the higher levels, gets nothing worthwhile the next time around. Most of us seem to be in it for the upper end of the rewards and let's make it plain; one single umbral forma isn't going to be enough for most of us, no matter how much people are whining about having to earn it. 

1 hour ago, Wolfglaive said:

While I personally wasn't bothered by the gilding and forma challenges, every one of my friends that I play with were annoyed by them and understandably so (the forma I think is the least unreasonable of the two, where making a modular for no other reason than the challenge AND having to level it once, spend standing/resources to gild it... ehh, it would be fine IF a new modular had been dropped that same week). 

The forma one was after the relics for me so that went easily and I have a couple of weapons that benefitted. I think that the modular one was easiest done by getting a mote amp, powerlevelling it and gilding it. Which could have been done while working on the daily "kill x enemies with y damage" or whatever. Yeah a new modular part may have helped ease the pain for "the vets who have everything" but for them this is not as huge of a chore as it is for a newb. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You keep saying that. But I suspect that if I were you would have reported me long ago and I would have had a bunch of posts removed and a warning. So I'm thinking that you don't have much of a leg to stand on there. 

Also: ad hominems, again? You could have tried refuting what was said instead. But your last three posts have contained nothing but ad homs and deflection. 

You claim to have legitimate complaints? Then make them, people will respond with their views on the legitimacy, and you can take it from there. Again, you might want to check that pinned thread on how to make good feedback so as not to just waste everyone's time. 

BTW, here are the links to your 2 previous contributions, so you can see where you try to claim that I said something that I did not, and the heap of ad hominem tactics you tried to pull. 

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1073526-nightwave-alerts-removal-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=10619782

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1073526-nightwave-alerts-removal-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=10619730

Have fun, Tenno. I think that you forgot to do that somewhere along the line. 

And yet again, no useful feedback. Just lots of toxicity towards other members of the community.

Who are you trying to fool?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

And yet again, no useful feedback. Just lots of toxicity towards other members of the community.

Who are you trying to fool?

Oh? Did you check the post after that one. Or the two before? Do you need me to post the links for those as well? 😉

But again, like I told you way back when, you should at least pretend to be able to refute the stuff being said if you want folks to take you seriously. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh? Did you check the post after that one. Or the two before? Do you need me to post the links for those as well? 😉

But again, like I told you way back when, you should at least pretend to be able to refute the stuff being said if you want folks to take you seriously. 

The ones where you get upset at other people for having a problem with how nightwave is?

Yeah, and the dozens upon dozens before that, too. You post a lot for someone just repeating the same "no u" garbage to everyone with any kind of legitimate complaint.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Just now, NezuHimeSama said:

The ones where you get upset at other people for having a problem with how nightwave is?

Yeah, and the dozens upon dozens before that, too. You post a lot for someone just repeating the same "no u" garbage to everyone with any kind of legitimate complaint.

...should I point out the obvious now, or...wait?

1 minute ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Go for it. It should have been obvious to everyone from the start, though. It is kinda the point after all.

No no, not that.

Put each other on ignore and or get a mod in here.  Because what you two are doing, isn't slightly on topic.

And coming from someone who derails threads for discussions like these, me weighing should be an indicator that y'all have gone on for long enough.

Edited by MagPrime
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

No no, not that.

Put each other on ignore and or get a mod in here.  Because what you two are doing, isn't slightly on topic.

And coming from someone who derails threads for discussions like these, me weighing should be an indicator that y'all have gone on for long enough.

That would completely defeat the purpose of it though?

I know I've posted on this a couple of times but -

Still never seen the Wolf. Still.

So my feedback is simply, for the next "Nightwave" series can you guys resist the urge to put a field boss in it? It's not much to ask. Random field boss that never shows up, or shows up only to those blessed with good RNG (seemingly always the same people, so the R clearly needs some work). Weapon locked behind said field boss that never shows up. The best part about it is he is time-limited to this series, who knows when he will be back. Much joy. When you have everything else and can't even see the boss let alone try to get his weapon, theres literally nothing worth waiting for. That's my general "feeling" behind my feedback, nothingness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, y0urd0g said:

So my issue with nightwave is that, it is yet again ANOTHER system that hurts weekend warriors. Some people have real jobs and cant play throughout the week as much, and the weekly challenges take up pretty much the entire day to complete all of then, not to mention missing out on some daily challenges. So essentially some weekend warriors might not be able to unlock the higher level rewards before the nightwave switches. Another thing i would suggest. every tier should give you nightwave credits. not a lot, maby like 5 or so, because taking away alerts means this is the ONLY way to get nitain.

Now this already might be the plan, but assuming old nightwaves will rotate in every once and a while, I suggest our ranking stays where it was the last time it came up. I will be incredibly pissed if my progress in the standing is reset when Wolf of saturn six comes around again in the future. This could fix the issue with weekend warriors as it might take a little longer but its still attainable. Also I would suggest running 2 nightwaves at the same time. Have the rotation be kinda like 1 old and 1 new at the same time. Maby the old one doesn't have as many challenges but still allows you to earn a small amount of standing for that one.

Obviously this is just me brainstorming, use it or not, you make the game not me.

I have a real Job, and I manage to get in an hour to an hour and half each day. If you only played on weekends then The alert system was worse for you than Nightwave.

And can we please just drop the false narrative that Nitain could only be gotten from Alerts?

• It has a small chance to drop from a cache when all three are found — Orokin or Reactor Sabotage and Lua or Kuva Fortress Exterminate.
  • Part of Cetus Bounty's reward pool during a Ghoul Purge.

So get to farming 
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zanchak said:

I know I've posted on this a couple of times but -

Still never seen the Wolf. Still.

So my feedback is simply, for the next "Nightwave" series can you guys resist the urge to put a field boss in it? It's not much to ask. Random field boss that never shows up, or shows up only to those blessed with good RNG (seemingly always the same people, so the R clearly needs some work). Weapon locked behind said field boss that never shows up. The best part about it is he is time-limited to this series, who knows when he will be back. Much joy. When you have everything else and can't even see the boss let alone try to get his weapon, theres literally nothing worth waiting for. That's my general "feeling" behind my feedback, nothingness.

I've seen him once, when levelling on Hydron. I was not prepared, and it was a struggle taking him down. And I got Tempo Royale.

On 2019-03-22 at 10:37 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

A ok, Umbral forma is nothing special. You let us know when you get it, outside of the whole nightwave thing. Same for the Wolf armour, the emotes, and all of the other nightwave related cruft. They're not exclusive to the event. 

yes it is notting special. ppl did do end game without rivens and umbra. so it is resource like other forma. 

On 2019-03-22 at 10:37 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Other than that, it's still not a punishment to not hand out rewards to people who just haven't, cannot, or refuse to earn them. 

other than that, it still will be punishing when you cant get something and you get burned out by increased grind. if you start with close beta you will get a point. 

On 2019-03-23 at 7:54 AM, Nyx219 said:

grinding out a reward that takes me weeks longer to obtain, not happening. I finally got the stupid Wolf emblem statue thing, and even that wasn't worth the effort (far too small to even appreciate any details, the bobbles dwarf it) I mean really, it took me how many weeks to get this weak little decor piece? Really?

yep not punishing at all... other ppl may not agree but that does not make them right. it is punishing, ende.

On 2019-03-22 at 10:51 PM, TheSkunkyMonk said:

But no I will not play a game that punishes me for not keeping to its schedule and threatens me with loosing months of work

agree 100%, but some ppl do refuse to accept this. there is no fun in game which force you to follow schedule. 

20 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And you can go ahead and be honest, whining ≠ feedback. Being all I'm GoInG tO qUiT ≠ feedback. Pretending that you are being forced to play ≠ feedback. Pretending that you are being punished if you don't earn the rewards you want ≠ feedback. There's even a very clearly labeled thread that is there to help you give better feedback.

100% bull*****

ppl do leave feedback, you dont have agree what ppl say, share their point of view or so. but in nw case ppl did express, and if some ppl leave they must have reason for it, also feedback why did they do it. you dont have to leave bot like feedback to be consider feedback. it is not pointed to you or anyone, but if you do that it is like to speak to mentally limited and short view person, and on top of ot accepting only what he/she like and what suit them. every coin has 2 sides and you have to accept not neglect that. raids for example was fun, 8 players fun, how many "quit" after that? so instead of having fun content you get punushed by increased grind content. why not have option to increase noggles size, wolf noggle for instance? instead of "getting rewarded" with small one which you put in some corner of the ship and do noy play attention to it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

yep not punishing at all... other ppl may not agree but that does not make them right. it is punishing, ende.

Not a Punishment, it's simply a fact that if you do not earn it you will not be given it for doing nothing.

punishment
/ˈpʌnɪʃm(ə)nt/
noun

1. the infliction or imposition of a penalty as retribution for an offence.
    "crime demands just punishment"
    synonyms: penalizing, punishing, disciplining; More

• a penalty inflicted as retribution for an offence.
      plural noun: punishments
      "she assisted her husband to escape punishment for the crime"
      synonyms: penalty, discipline, correction, retribution, penance, sentence, reward, one's just deserts, medicine, the price, the rap, requital, vengeance, justice, judgement, sanction;More

• INFORMAL
      rough treatment or handling.
      "your machine can take a fair amount of punishment before falling to bits"
      synonyms: battering, thrashing, beating, thumping, pounding, pummelling, hammering, buffeting, drubbing; More

19 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Yes, not all get released, often because they are not up to scratch or they haven't followed the rules for Tennogen 100%. But again Tennogen that does get accepted earns the creators money. Don't ask them to do it for you for free. You don't see a problem having someone do the work for free? That right there is a problem. Why don't you learn 3D modelling, and create a skin, or helmet and tell DE you want to give it away for free?

you get 1 thing wrong, not to me or you. it is for game and community. DE did this, you get content for free. what you suggested sound like pay to play, new dlc pay to play/get. wf is clearly stand from others in term of this. and i do know 3D modeling. recently scanned cheekbone for 3D imprint of missing tooths (3 in total) for woman who couldn't afford it. and yes I do not see problem to give something sometimes for free. why so materialistic? I did it as part of community, and give something to it. I dont work for free but can occasionly do something good and not to my own benefit. I belive that there is at least someone not materialistic person who would do it as some sort of "legacy" not own benefits.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Not a Punishment, it's simply a fact that if you do not earn it you will not be given it for doing nothing.

punishment
/ˈpʌnɪʃm(ə)nt/
noun

1. the infliction or imposition of a penalty as retribution for an offence.
    "crime demands just punishment"
    synonyms: penalizing, punishing, disciplining; More

• a penalty inflicted as retribution for an offence.
      plural noun: punishments
      "she assisted her husband to escape punishment for the crime"
      synonyms: penalty, discipline, correction, retribution, penance, sentence, reward, one's just deserts, medicine, the price, the rap, requital, vengeance, justice, judgement, sanction;More

• INFORMAL
      rough treatment or handling.
      "your machine can take a fair amount of punishment before falling to bits"
      synonyms: battering, thrashing, beating, thumping, pounding, pummelling, hammering, buffeting, drubbing; More

it is punishment, for instance you can earn arcane from tridolons, and nw does lock it in long term of time and grind and behind rank. so no fun content recently just grind content which burn ppl eaven more. I would like to get some more exclusive content to push for in addition to existing content.

21 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

it is punishment, for instance you can earn arcane from tridolons, and nw does lock it in long term of time and grind and behind rank. so no fun content recently just grind content which burn ppl eaven more. I would like to get some more exclusive content to push for in addition to existing content.

No. That's just you trying to change the meaning of the word. Stop with this overexaggerating nonsense.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

you get 1 thing wrong, not to me or you. it is for game and community. DE did this, you get content for free. what you suggested sound like pay to play, new dlc pay to play/get. wf is clearly stand from others in term of this. and i do know 3D modeling. recently scanned cheekbone for 3D imprint of missing tooths (3 in total) for woman who couldn't afford it. and yes I do not see problem to give something sometimes for free. why so materialistic? I did it as part of community, and give something to it. I dont work for free but can occasionly do something good and not to my own benefit. I belive that there is at least someone not materialistic person who would do it as some sort of "legacy" not own benefits.

I'm not being materialistic. Asking Artists to work for free is wrong. If someone offers there time up for free that is up to them. But asking someone to do something for free or for "the exposure" is wrong.

Please show me where I suggested pay to play or pay to get? I did no such thing. You're the one wanting to get paid content free at the expense of those creators getting paid what they are owed.

And so you understand something you don't seem to. None of us actually get anything for free. The part of the community who buys plat, buys all of the prime bundles, buys the tennocon keys. They are the ones supporting the game and paying for all the updates and the wages DE pays so they can keep making the game. If no one bought anything then DE would shut down in a month or two, and the game would die.

So when you get that content update that costs you nothing, say thank you to the people who love the game enough that spending money on it each month is something they are more than happy to do.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

I'm not being materialistic. Asking Artists to work for free is wrong. If someone offers there time up for free that is up to them. But asking someone to do something for free or for "the exposure" is wrong.

Please show me where I suggested pay to play or pay to get? I did no such thing. You're the one wanting to get paid content free at the expense of those creators getting paid what they are owed.

And so you understand something you don't seem to. None of us actually get anything for free. The part of the community who buys plat, buys all of the prime bundles, buys the tennocon keys. They are the ones supporting the game and paying for all the updates and the wages DE pays so they can keep making the game. If no one bought anything then DE would shut down in a month or two, and the game would die.

So when you get that content update that costs you nothing, say thank you to the people who love the game enough that spending money on it each month is something they are more than happy to do.

dont agree in slightest. 

41 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

Yes, you can still earn the Arcane Energize from Tridolons. It is the most sought after arcane, so being able to get one from the NW is a bonus. If people don't like tridolon hunts or can't do them they can earn one at rank 25. Which again if you know how to do the maths is easily attainable.

There is no punishment for not doing Night Wave or not attaining a certain rank. There is just no reward either. But it is NOT A PUNISHMENT.

Oh no, I am working the night of the Avengers Endgame premiere, Why am I being Punished?
Oh no, I missed a concert I couldn't afford to see, Why am I being punished?
Oh no, Insert random thing I didn't make time or effort to see or do, Why am I being punished?
Oh no, I didn't date all of the women on the planet, Why am I being punished?

If all of this was grind content? Why are you playing? I did most of the Activities this week in normal gameplay. exterminates and Mobile Defense in the Sortie, headshots while unlocking a Headshot riven, Relics while farming forma on fissure runs.

If you look at the Night Wave activities and only see grind, then look again and see what you would normally be doing and see how it fits in with that. because if it was all a grind to you then, I don't know what you are doing in this game that you don't find a grind.

Exclusive content like an Arcane Energize, Umbral Forma, Wolf armour?

I see now, you just want everything for zero output. Got it. You just want to log in and get mail in your inbox with everything attached.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Yes, you can still earn the Arcane Energize from Tridolons. It is the most sought after arcane, so being able to get one from the NW is a bonus. If people don't like tridolon hunts or can't do them they can earn one at rank 25. Which again if you know how to do the maths is easily attainable.

There is no punishment for not doing Night Wave or not attaining a certain rank. There is just no reward either. But it is NOT A PUNISHMENT.

Oh no, I am working the night of the Avengers Endgame premiere, Why am I being Punished?
Oh no, I missed a concert I couldn't afford to see, Why am I being punished?
Oh no, Insert random thing I didn't make time or effort to see or do, Why am I being punished?
Oh no, I didn't date all of the women on the planet, Why am I being punished?

If all of this was grind content? Why are you playing? I did most of the Activities this week in normal gameplay. exterminates and Mobile Defense in the Sortie, headshots while unlocking a Headshot riven, Relics while farming forma on fissure runs.

If you look at the Night Wave activities and only see grind, then look again and see what you would normally be doing and see how it fits in with that. because if it was all a grind to you then, I don't know what you are doing in this game that you don't find a grind.

Exclusive content like an Arcane Energize, Umbral Forma, Wolf armour?

I see now, you just want everything for zero output. Got it. You just want to log in and get mail in your inbox with everything attached.

it is grind content, take example of vaub prime resource for build after release? not grind? dont think so. and you can get reward by rng not making it locked behind weeks grind and mr lock. and yes it is punishment and wont again quote some ppl in community who also explained why. if you  dont share/agree with that I guess it is fine. but it is not fine to not accept different point of view. but lot of ppl have that prob in community. you cant neglect something simply by couse I can or it not suit me or what ever reason. and whenever de got prob with keep ppl in game they do something more grindy than b4. 

Edited by -HoB-AngelofRevenge

5 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

it is grind content, take example of vaub prime resource for build after release? not grind? dont think so. and you can get reward by rng not making it locked behind weeks grind and mr lock. and yes it is punishment and wont again quote some ppl in community who also explained why. if you  dont share/agree with that I guess it is fine. but it is not fine to not accept different point of view. but lot of ppl have that prob in community. you cant neglect something simply by couse I can or it not suit me or what ever reason. and whenever de got prob with keep ppl in game they do something more grindy than b4. 

oh my god wtf GIF

What part of Vauban Prime content is locked behind weeks of grind that wasn't prior to Night Wave?

if you're referring to Nitain, Now you can get 5 for 15 wolf credits. 15 Nitain for reaching rank 3, another 15 Nitain for reaching rank 6, More than enough for Vauban prime.
And if you need it you could then get another 20 at rank 12. You can now get it on your own time instead of waiting for Nitain alerts. How long waiting on the alerts which were every 6 hours would it have taken you to get 20 Nitain at a rate of 1 every alert every 6 hours, if you were on? maybe 1 or 2 a day? So 3 weeks to get the 20 you need? Now it can be done in less than 2 weeks. On your own schedule.

Of course you have also been able to farm it from Lua and Kuva missions for more than a year now. And Ghouls have it on the reward tables for Ghoul purge missions. So Nitain has been an RNG reward for more than a year. But you didn't bother finding that out did you?

It is NOT A PUNISHMENT.

And it is way less grindy.

• Like 1