[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

On 2019-03-04 at 4:54 PM, PETI258 said:

Make the time/wave limited missions cumulative so we don't have to do it in 1 go (like capture targets).

This. all day. everyday. YES PLEASE DE

• Applause 1

And at 101 pages of feedback no answer from DE still...

It bodes well as usual.

While the base idea of Nightwave is "interesting", current implementation is atrocious and time consuming, besides creating task completion anxiety.

The Wolf has a polluted drop pool that makes each encounter with it even more infuriating, the inmates still have oneshot attacks that ignore cc, their own downed state, walls, other enemies and the like and oneshot your frame with 100% chance if you don't switch to operator in time.

The Nightwave announcer is 5 cm away from a kill order with her extremely inane and immersion crushing lines: cute the first 2-3 times, increasingly aggravating after so cool for for killing 150 kubrows with corrosive damage? I feel mocked.

Also this new NPC knows too much about the Tenno.. heck everyone and their family in the solar sistem knows too much about tenn and warframes already, with all factions being able to nullify one way or another our powers.

Mainly Nightwave seems put together ignoring new players that, this way, get cut off from a lot of cool things and might feel are being forced into buying plat to purchase them from the market instead

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 2

Well as I understand a lot (101 pages as of the time I write this) have been posted here and DE team are still humans, I hope this somehow reaches you guys good ladies and gentlemen. (Disclaimer: I am not usually right, as I may be wrong. I don't even play *that* much, so yeah. Please be gentle and civil)

Just 2 suggestions, maybe.

1. Keep/make the alerts, but maybe with only Wolf Creds as the reward. I guess 10 (up to 20?) is enough. This is mostly to help newer players who may have difficulties to progress the challenges. Maybe each alert is not just an hour period, perhaps 2 hours at least (up to 3?), to give some chances for the newer or intermediate players to do; so they get to access to the aura mods and Nitains easier, I guess.

2. Maybe some better way for returning players to catch up with the Nightwave. A 'skip' or 'delay' option for certain rewards to reach the rarer things such as the mods, the Umbral Forma, and maybe the cosmetics maybe. Nothing is more demoralizing than knowing that you're going to miss that item that you actually have been dreaming for before the 'break'.

However, I understand if the #2 is not that practical as this isn't something new in any game system. If you missed this (season/limited time rares/etc), can't do much but to hope for their return. I do hope that the rewards from the previous Nightwave series are brought back, maybe via Baro Ki'tear or any kind of special alerts or events. Umbral Forma, well I guess it is something for DE to decide.

TL;DR - Suggestion/feedback: make alerts that give Wolf Creds to give better access to the aura mods and items in it for newer players, and a way for returning players to catch up.

Overall, a welcoming change for me, personally. Hopefully it gets better, just like how much smoother Plains of Eidolon is for me now. Cheers!

• Upvote 1

After getting to Level 30, I am  Just glad it's over and I never plan to do that again.  I just wanted to complete it once.  There was nothing that was worth it. It felt like a distraction from anything really useful and a chore.   Now I can get back to collecting the Prime stuff and have a chance to explore the new plains update!

I still look through the challenges and will try to complete any that I can while doing other missions, just for fun - not because I care about any tier or nightwave rewards.

As far as the Wolf, why can't there be beacon rewards for the Wolf, like the other special enemies, available for purchase with the Wolf Creds.   That way you can get a group together to go after the Wolf.   Because, it's way too RNG to care about as is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

I'm not going to get into some preachy rant about what's right/wrong/good/bad about Nightwave. I don't really feel like explaining at length any of my suggestions. I'm just gonna list some changes that *I* would like to see done to improve the Nightwave experience, based on my experience of Nightwave so far both on my MR25 PC account, and my fresh-out-the-cryopod Switch account (which only just reached Venus). I hope you will consider my feedback, though I imagine it will just be buried among these 100+ pages of responses.

• Wolf Creds (or whatever series currency we get next time) should be rewarded at *every* Nightwave tier, instead of being specific tier rewards
  • Which Acts you get should be dependent upon your MR and your starchart progression (at least which junctions you've opened)
  • The following should be added to Cred Offerings: Forma BPs, Exilus Adapters, 3-day boosters, mod packs, relic packs, randomized Orbiter decorations, randomized Arcanes
  • We should be able to "decline" Acts we don't want to do, with a per-week limit (or perhaps per-Act) on how many we can decline, causing it to change to a different Act of similar difficulty
  • Every Nightwave tier should increase the Wolf spawn rate slightly, as if you're becoming a more desirable target
  • Every Nightwave tier beyond 30 should give us a Wolf Beacon, allowing the hunted to become the hunter
Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:
  • We should be able to "decline" Acts we don't want to do, with a per-week limit (or perhaps per-Act) on how many we can decline, causing it to change to a different Act of similar difficulty
  • Every Nightwave tier should increase the Wolf spawn rate slightly, as if you're becoming a more desirable target
  • Every Nightwave tier beyond 30 should give us a Wolf Beacon, allowing the hunted to become the hunter

I agree and feel like especially these points would make the whole nightwave thing a more reasonable event. For declining specific acts, i'd prefer if it would be possible to "break down" acts, to have an elite alert switched to 2 weekly or 3 daily tasks (or other numbers there). That way low rank players at least have a chance to grind their way up and are not excluded by default for certain acts.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheFBD said:

That way low rank players at least have a chance to grind their way up and are not excluded by default for certain acts.

Even some of the vets (MR25) just don't have THAT much time to throw at this on a weekly basis, and when i see this weeks elite challenges, decide that it's not worth dedicating THAT much time.

DE needs to do an across the board reduction on how much time we need to invest into Nightwave as it's at a "not fun" point right now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Been thinking a bit more.

I find the later...third?  Of the Nightwave rewards to be kinda eh.  Furthermore, with the bundles of 50 creds the 15 cred prestige feels bad man.  Even though the average is 10 creds per level in the first 30.

I propose that we get a flat 10 creds per level until we prestige, and the current cred rewards--maybe moved around some, are turned into wild cards where the player can choose any one of the previous rewards they have earned. This makes prestiging a clearer upgrade, allows for more customization of rewards, and adds enticement to the later half of the season.

As to the cred offerings.  They feel super over priced sometimes, especially as many cost Nitian extract which we again have to buy from the store.

18 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

DE needs to do an across the board reduction on how much time we need to invest into Nightwave as it's at a "not fun" point right now.

Very true, as quite a lot of people in this and several other threads pointed out, the time you have to invest into nightwave challenges is way too high compared to what you get from it. Especially if you look at how quick and easy it was to get stuff from the old alert system. With a bit of luck you could get an aura mod from a 2 minute capture mission.

• Upvote 6

Posted (edited)

Just some of my own advices:

1.Pls remove all the task that "with your friend".

2.Pls reconsider those task which are impossible to complete for new players (below tier 8). For example, "Gild one item“."Kill the Profit-Taker Orb"

3.Use 3 forma? Fille 3 Ayatana sculptures? If I already use them or fille them before those task appear, it makes me a little bit annoyed.

LET THE NW BECOME FRIENDLY TO NEW PLAYERS, PLS!

Edited by wgselttls
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 5

So, anyone else feel like The Wolf got buffed and not nerfed as he was supposedly going to be? The last two fights with him have taken way longer than any other fights, and at lower levels too.

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Well, damn. There actually is a thread about NightWave feedback. I'll just repost my thread here, I guess.

Цитата

Okay, guys, just hear me out (and sorry for the bad English. And for the fanfiction too).

Night Wave has a lot of gameplay related problems. There are a lot of people discussing its shortcomings and how the system itself doesn't work, rewards don't feel like rewards, grind feels even worse than before, yada, yada, yada. But for me the greatest failure of Night Wave is its story. And, more to the point, the lack of a proper context.

You know, when Steve anounced NW on the New Year's Devstream I was very excited. I don't really like the grindy parts of Warframe, because I'm mostly here for the story. But story quests are sparse, open worlds don't offer anything rewarding in terms of plot and, quite frankly, I was feeling like dropping the game completely (until New War, of course). But then NW was anounced, nothing really particular was spoken, but I've heard the terms "lore" and "story" and thought to myself: "Alright, if there are episodes, that should mean we would get something story-related".

You know what I got? Exactly. Nothing.

Well, yeah, it may sound a little bit unfair, but let's face the truth. What did we get? 

We got Nora. Who is she? What does she do? How exactly she knows the Tenno's secret and why? OK, I could live without those details. But then there is a gameplay aspect. How does she even get the information that Tenno did those acts? How does she supply them with the goods? And, most important of all, how did she get all this fancy stuff? Orokin Reactors and Catalysts, Formas, freakin' Wolf's armor? Maybe I'm thinking too hard about this. But I read and interesting post, don't remember where: poster talked about how it would so much better if Nora was some crazy filthy rich lady who is out of her mind about Tenno. And when we do the things she asks us to do, she fangirls all over the radio and sends valuable stuff through market or something.

Ok, maybe this is too far-fetched. But I just don't get how Tenno and Nora even interact. How did they contact, why did they start to work together? Yeah, right, she supplies us with goods, we "make a system a better place". But, you know, a little snippet of dialogue, explaining the details wouldn't kill us, would it?

And after that we have a problem of a Wolf. First of all, I thought we would have playable episodes, where we would explore his motivations and backstory. Why this guy is so buff? Why the Grineer decided to put him into prison? Maybe he considers himself a good guy that tries to help his fellow Grineer criminals escape. But doesn't that mean we should be on the same side? Enemy of my enemy... ah, forget it.

The thing is, I don't understand him. For real. We had all those assassins, Grustrag Three and Zanuka - they weren't really deep, but you could get why they were chasing you. Stalker, even without a proper character, had this impressive Codex entry that made you feel for the guy. I mean, he literally went insane because, from his point of view, Tenno not only betrayed their masters, but doomed whole system to die in a chaos. And when Tenno woke up he only needed an excuse to hunt them down.

What about the Wolf? (also, do people in the Origin System know what a wolf is? If yes, how?) Well, he just appears without any premise. Yeah, Nora tells us about his "adventures", but they are so disconnected from the game, I don't get why did they even bother. Episodes are not interesting or intriguing. Moreover, we, Tenno, don't influence story at all. It could be just a collection of dioramas on YouTube, for all I care. And, at the same time, we could have missions, that actually triggered some events, we could have an intriguing story of a Grineer renegade so mad and strong, that he literally made whole Origin System his enemy because of the abuse he took in the prison. Like, just imagine, Steel Meridian gives us a mission to free some prisoners from THE most secret Grineer prison, when we break in, we trigger the security systems and at the same time we give an opening for Saturn-Six guys to have a prison riot. Wolf escapes, taking with him some of his old friends. After that, Nora or someone else tasks us with finding and retrieving those prisoners because then went medieval on some colonists. When we capture them, Wolf appears and tries to pacify us.

After the battle we start to understand that those guys don't trust anyone and would rather pick a fight with everyone than to be someone's underling. And for Wolf himself - he was a result of Grineer experimentations on Sentient or Warframe technology. He can't speak anymore, but he feels emotions. He feels that he should be on the run from everyone - that is the only way he and his "pack" could be safe. Some time later we could Alad leaves a bait for Wolf, and we are given a mission to track a Wolf down before Corpus gets their hands on him. We battle him once again and capture some of his friends. Wolf himself is snatched by Alad, but inmates explain to us that they could try to help us reason with the Wolf.

After that Alad sends Wolf to wreck some Grineer and we try to stop him once again (Umbra-style, yeah). We break some limiters that control The Wolf, after that inmates try to talk to the Wolf and explain to him, that we're trying to help him.

And this guy starts to talk. And he speaks, that no one in the system is kind enough to help them. So, he breaks away, goes to Alad, breaks guy's nose and escapes. And he is all alone out there, bitter and lost, thinking that Tenno robbed him of his "pack", so they should pay.

That's it, done. We have a little concluded story, we have a sympathetic villain, that also has a reason to attack us ingame. We have a little bit of peacemaking operations (capturing inmates to send them to Steel Meridian), we have meaningful interactions and a little tip of a bigger picture - Grineer don't sit on their ships with their thumbs up their bums. They are evolving. They're trying something new, making experiments event after Tyl Regor's demise. And for A New War they would have some tricks up their sleeve that could help them counter Sentients.

As I said, right now Night Wave is just devoid of a meaningful story or interactions. I was waiting for new episodes only to be left disappointed. It doesn't offer good or emotional story. It doesn't even ofter a good lore. It all feels like some crappy comic book origin story. And the only way to redeem Wolf is to use him in future quests where his character and motivations would be explored more deeply. But if Night Wave exists only to give us another "difficult" boss to farm, it's just very unfullfilling FROM ALL THE ASPECTS - from gameplay, story and lore too.

DE, please, I beg you. Do something about it. I'm dying here waiting for a good story.

Edited by BloodRavenCap
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I didnt level up my Equinox Prime yet because I needed a break from this game, after Nightwave.

Please dont make the next one with a fixed duration. You can have a minimum NW duration and Prestige Ranks if you want to, I dont care. But make each quest MAX! half as long, and dont allow the "Questline" (that is, the incoherent, non-plausible, non-relevant non-gameplay, non-story background noise) to be removed before some players reached level 30.

And make hunting for fugitives a daily reward or similar to the acolyte spawns, with a lot more standings as a reward. The way it is right now they feel so weird and misplaced.

Edited by random__noob
  • Upvote 4

On 2019-03-13 at 4:28 PM, DebrisFlow said:

I really don't appreciate the concept of the season wiping out all of your standings at the end of it, that is, the possibility of completely missing a reward if you're out of time. What i liked about this game was the possibility to run it at your pace and don't have the fear to miss something. With this system, if you're interested in the late rewards (forma and armor) you're kind of held hostage of the game until you farm all of the needed standings. The "you only need 60% of the season standings" argument is not a valid option: whatever foreseen or unforeseen situation that can take you away from the game, causing to miss weekly challenges, has to be taken into account beforehand. And the only way is to cover the needed standings as soon as possible and capitalize the absences from game for later. Gosh, i'm speaking as if the rewards were my holidays and the game were a job! 

This is all, of course, based on my assumption that there will be no other way to obtain those specific rewards (and by specific, i mean the umbral forma of this specific 1st NW series, not from a new series ). Is DE still silent/secret on this? They want us to crawl in uncertainty?

Just a follow up of my previous comment: after reaching rank 30 in NW i can confidently say that this has been my worst experience with Warframe in 2 years and a half of playing:

•  due to the impending season time limit (for the reasons said before), made even worst by the uncertainties and lack of communication by the developers on:
    • the duration of the season itself (first time we heard about a possible duration was from a tweeet, not even from the official forum, then we had to wait weeks for a note on the forums). I get that you wanted to adjust the duration according to participation, but not to the point of total lack of transparency;
    • the nature of the "challenges" to achieve -> if i don't know what and when these task are, i cannot plan what to skip, so i don't know how much i have to endure for your "60-65% of the total standings";
    • the duration of the wolf presence (it was communicated only two weeks ago that he would stay);
    • the possibility of an alternative to obtain the rewards without enduring other 2+ months of pain (still not a clue);
  • due to the reward system and the associated "challenges" to achieve them:  
    • You put togheter for everyone to do, under the same system, rewards and challenges for early-, middle- and end-game players. Seems that the aim of the challenges is to show to early- and middle-game players the features of the game that they still have to explore. Good. While doing so you serve to end-game players a list of chores that they already repeated to exaustion. In fact, very few of them are actually challenging "elite" things. Rewards like arcane energize, the umbra forma and the armor are something that i would define end-game oriented but they're locked behind a wall of time-limited boring chores clearly not end-game oriented (this is a major flaw of the entire game, the fact that end-game players have to start again from unchallenging low level content for everything new, i.e. kuwa farming, relic opening). 

Suggestions:

• GET RID OF THE SEASON TIME LIMIT
  • separate challenges/rewards for early-, middle-game (what alerts where before) from end-game challenges/rewards.
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, DebrisFlow said:

Just a follow up of my previous comment: after reaching rank 30 in NW i can confidently say that this has been my worst experience with Warframe in 2 years and a half of playing:

Great opinion. This is fine in my eyes. I enjoyed most of NW, but I am not you. 

•  due to the impending season time limit (for the reasons said before), made even worst by the uncertainties and lack of communication by the developers on:
    • the duration of the season itself (first time we heard about a possible duration was from a tweeet, not even from the official forum, then we had to wait weeks for a note on the forums). I get that you wanted to adjust the duration according to participation, but not to the point of total lack of transparency;

We had "10ish weeks" from the very start. We were told that at the same time they said 60-65% needed to be completed. Early on it became apparent that they weren't counting the first partial week. 

Start date 27th February. Earliest proposed end date 15th May, care to count the number of weeks? 

• the nature of the "challenges" to achieve -> if i don't know what and when these task are, i cannot plan what to skip, so i don't know how much i have to endure for your "60-65% of the total standings";

The nature of the challenges became completely obvious in the first few weeks. Dailies will be trivial tasks: emote, do a mission, kill x enemies using y. Weeklies will require slightly more effort. Some may require more significant time investments do 8 bounties, do 9 nightmares. Elite weeklies, are "ELITE" newbs will have difficulty completing all of these because often they're tied to content that is not readily available to the newbs: hunt hydrolyst, complete sorties, kuva survival. There were a few tossed in possibly as "gimmies" to let them see that they're not completely locked out of elites but require far more effort. 

• the duration of the wolf presence (it was communicated only two weeks ago that he would stay);

No. See above. 

• the possibility of an alternative to obtain the rewards without enduring other 2+ months of pain (still not a clue);

Do the event, get the rewards. Skip the event, no rewards. Seems simple enough. Far better than the entitled "let us buy the rewards" suggestions we had from the beginning. 

• due to the reward system and the associated "challenges" to achieve them:  
    • You put togheter for everyone to do, under the same system, rewards and challenges for early-, middle- and end-game players. Seems that the aim of the challenges is to show to early- and middle-game players the features of the game that they still have to explore. Good. While doing so you serve to end-game players a list of chores that they already repeated to exaustion. In fact, very few of them are actually challenging "elite" things. Rewards like arcane energize, the umbra forma and the armor are something that i would define end-game oriented but they're locked behind a wall of time-limited boring chores clearly not end-game oriented (this is a major flaw of the entire game, the fact that end-game players have to start again from unchallenging low level content for everything new, i.e. kuwa farming, relic opening). 

For people who already run multiple hour kuva missions, or regularly do 6x3 tricaps in a Cetus night those missions will pose little challenge. But for others, they are challenging. More importantly, there are some that belong to either camp but not both who are now encouraged to try out the other content again. 

Suggestions:

• GET RID OF THE SEASON TIME LIMIT
  • separate challenges/rewards for early-, middle-game (what alerts where before) from end-game challenges/rewards.

1) Terrible suggestion as far as I can see. People have repeatedly explained that having it never end, means never getting the next nightwave and the rewards that come with it. You would shackle all of us who complete the event, to let people who may never finish, have a chance to finish at their own pace? That's a terrible thing to do. 

2) They're already separated: daily, weekly, and elite weekly. But unlike with your proposal, anyone capable of completing the weeklies could get all  tiers of rewards. For those who could not, they will roll around again eventually. 

• Woah 3

13 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

We had "10ish weeks" from the very start. We were told that at the same time they said 60-65% needed to be completed. Early on it became apparent that they weren't counting the first partial week. 

Start date 27th February. Earliest proposed end date 15th May, care to count the number of weeks?

Care to understand what i wrote? That we got the information on the duration/start/end, but in a fragmentary, delayed, non stransparent and non official way from the beginning?

16 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

No. See above. 

No. See above.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Do the event, get the rewards. Skip the event, no rewards. Seems simple enough. Far better than the entitled "let us buy the rewards" suggestions we had from the beginning. 

Never i proposed to buy the rewards in my post, you entitled yourself to abstract that. You seem to forget that almost everyhting in this game comes back with a second solution or chance (Baro market selling weapons of past events). Is it such a bad thing to ask DE a clarification for this? I hate the event and i want to skip it, can i understand if in 6 months/ 1 year i wil have a less tedious way to cover the gap?

27 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

1) Terrible suggestion as far as I can see. People have repeatedly explained that having it never end, means never getting the next nightwave and the rewards that come with it. You would shackle all of us who complete the event, to let people who may never finish, have a chance to finish at their own pace? That's a terrible thing to do.

I don't see how would not be possible for a new wave to start without the previous being concluded. You threat them as QUESTS and the problem is solved, without "terrible" consequences. From the comments on the forum the season limit is one of the most regrettable choice DE ever implemented, the problem has to be tackled. Players WANT to follow content at their pace.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

2) They're already separated: daily, weekly, and elite weekly. But unlike with your proposal, anyone capable of completing the weeklies could get all  tiers of rewards. For those who could not, they will roll around again eventually. 

You continue to repeat your "you only need 60-65% of the total standings" mantra without even trying to understand that, with the actual nature of the challengeschores, end-game people would gladly skip 80+% of them. What i propose is to put end-game rewards behind end-game content.

• Applause 1

2 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

Care to understand what i wrote? That we got the information on the duration/start/end, but in a fragmentary, delayed, non stransparent and non official way from the beginning?

I understood what you were trying to say. I also understood what Steve said way back in February. That's why I aimed for 10 weeks from February 27th, until I got additional information showing that that first week apparently wasn't being included whenever DE talked about what week they were on. 

Kind of hard to get more "official" than the horse's own mouth. 

6 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

No. See above.

I did. You're still wrong. 

Never i proposed to buy the rewards in my post, you entitled yourself to abstract that. You seem to forget that almost everyhting in this game comes back with a second solution or chance (Baro market selling weapons of past events). Is it such a bad thing to ask DE a clarification for this? I hate the event and i want to skip it, can i understand if in 6 months/ 1 year i wil have a less tedious way to cover the gap?

Did I say that you did? I said that people have been unreasonably demanding that they be allowed to buy the rewards and pay2win from the very start of the event. 

The fact that everything comes back around is a good thing, but the event isn't even ended. Demanding that they tell us from the start that it will show up in Baro's inventory on 20th May 2021 isn't particularly reasonable. 

I don't see how would not be possible for a new wave to start without the previous being concluded. You threat them as QUESTS and the problem is solved, without "terrible" consequences. From the comments on the forum the season limit is one of the most regrettable choice DE ever implemented, the problem has to be tackled. Players WANT to follow content at their pace.

And from the comments on the forum many of the people who complained about the season ending, finished well in advance of the end of the season. Many of them finished with close to a month to spare, and still complained about burnout when they could easily have gone at a more leisurely pace and skipped many of the challenges they didn't feel like doing. 

You continue to repeat your "you only need 60-65% of the total standings" mantra without even trying to understand that, with the actual nature of the challengeschores, end-game people would gladly skip 80+% of them. What i propose is to put end-game rewards behind end-game content.

Many "endgame" players seem to be only too happy to complain about the vast majority of the content in the game not being "endgame enough" while skipping the content because of "a lack of acceptable rewards" 

For some the only thing that they don't seem to skip is making those very funny posts about how endgame they are and how they have nothing to do. 

• Woah 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:
38 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

I understood what you were trying to say. I also understood what Steve said way back in February. That's why I aimed for 10 weeks from February 27th, until I got additional information showing that that first week apparently wasn't being included whenever DE talked about what week they were on. 

Kind of hard to get more "official" than the horse's own mouth. 

38 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

No. See above.

I did. You're still wrong. 

Did I say that you did? I said that people have been unreasonably demanding that they be allowed to buy the rewards and pay2win from the very start of the event. 

The fact that everything comes back around is a good thing, but the event isn't even ended. Demanding that they tell us from the start that it will show up in Baro's inventory on 20th May 2021 isn't particularly reasonable. 

And from the comments on the forum many of the people who complained about the season ending, finished well in advance of the end of the season. Many of them finished with close to a month to spare, and still complained about burnout when they could easily have gone at a more leisurely pace and skipped many of the challenges they didn't feel like doing. 

Many "endgame" players seem to be only too happy to complain about the vast majority of the content in the game not being "endgame enough" while skipping the content because of "a lack of acceptable rewards" 

For some the only thing that they don't seem to skip is making those very funny posts about how endgame they are and how they have nothing to do. 

Wow, it's incredible how hard you try to circumvent the problems without acknowledging them, way enough to understand that it's useless to talk with you. Anyway, this is a feedback thread to DE, not to guzmantt1977, i was silly enought to reply the first time (and this time).

Edited by DebrisFlow
  • Satisfied 2
  • Applause 2

1 minute ago, DebrisFlow said:

Wow, it's incredible how hard you try to circumvent the problems without acknowledging them, way enough to understand that it's useless to talk with you. Anyway, this is a feedback thread to DE, not to guzmantt1977, i was silly enought to reply the first time.

Good way to circumvent when someone pointed out the flaws in your feedback, as opposed to addressing the points that they made. 👍

• Woah 3

In response to @TacticalPotato's recent vid

I actually find the rewards and general setup is pretty good, but having an exact end date is for sure required. I also think the challenges are mostly fine but I think the challenge timing system needs to be reworked to avoid the panic.

2 A few ways I'd do this:
- Have all of the weekly challenges available every week, or at least a enough that players don't need to do them all to gain enough rep/time. Same thing with dailies put out at least 3 daily challenges a day. So players can choose whichever ones they want to suit them best, or they happen to have more time they can do more of the 5,000 rep challenges. This also makes it a lot easier to group a few challenges together and then have a couple days where you don't have as much time to play less stressful.
- The other thing would be since all of the challenges are available, they don't really need have deadlines. If you only killed 100/150 eximus that week, you don't have to rush to finish it. Instead Daily/Weekly is a measure of when you can redo the challenge to gain the rep.

Actually 1 other thing would be to rebalance the rep a bit. The hour long challenges could be worth 10,000 and 15,000 with a friend. I like being encouraged to play with a friend, not required.
Also can we get the ability to play sorties that just don't reward Rivens. I'm not really looking for Rivens and I'm not throwing away Rivens I've invested in just so I can play the Sorties.
- Or rework Sorties rewards to Wolf Credits and Make each Sortie stage worth 15/25/50 Wolf Creds.

Adding some of the rep/standing rewards as Wolf Cred rewards might also be nice. Each rep/standing level should all reward some wolf creds in addition to the 50 cred stages. The 15 wolf creds Per rep stage after you finish should eith be in a 15/25/50 rotation, or just be at least 30 wolf creds.

Having been playing with friends who are a bit more casual and newer to the game (as in 2-3 months rather than my own rather meager....seven months, I think? Eight? Can't remember) the absolute damn worst thing about Nightwave is that its really harsh on the new guys. A sizeable portion of the missions are impossible to do for brand new players: for example, those lacking all element mods on specific weapon type, so no combined element damage to complete what are among the easiest missions or those involving Nightmare mission and similar level of 'endgame' (if there even is such a thing!). And even when they complete a few missions and ranks and finally get some Wolf Creds? They pretty much need to spend it on Nitain, a resource impossible to obtain elsewhere. Now I was lucky, there wasn't much I needed in Nightwave at the time so I spent my first few creds on just getting as much Nitain for later but for a new guy badly wanting to craft a new frame? This is hell.

Nightwave should make Nitain cheaper. Or make creds cheaper and easier to obtain (by putting them earlier in the order you get rewards) OR...or hear me out: give out a shot of a few Nitain in the first few reward ranks so a guy who start playing in the middle of a Nightwave season can obtain this critical resource.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

The assassin-spawn mechanism was not a good way to bring in the Wolf, I have to say.  I've seen some people quitting missions because they either can't handle the fight or don't want to spend 30 minutes for a mod drop.  Meanwhile, people who do want to fight the bullet-sponge wind up repeating the likes of Hydron for five minutes at a time in the hope that he pops up.  It's changed the way that people play, but not in a good way.

Why not use the existing sortie or bounty mechanics to lead to an encounter with the Wolf, instead?  That would still make it require a degree of effort, make it an opt-in deal (which would stop people bailing on their teams), and make it feel as though the player is actively hunting instead of hanging around and hoping for something interesting to happen (which, 92% of the time, it hasn't been.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sasuda said:

In response to @TacticalPotato's recent vid

adding up to that... brozime posted a similar video

50 minutes ago, TheOldOne said:

The assassin-spawn mechanism was not a good way to bring in the Wolf, I have to say.  I've seen some people quitting missions because they either can't handle the fight or don't want to spend 30 minutes for a mod drop.  Meanwhile, people who do want to fight the bullet-sponge wind up repeating the likes of Hydron for five minutes at a time in the hope that he pops up.  It's changed the way that people play, but not in a good way.

Just a few of the very negative effects of nightwave on the community, people farming the wolf and leaving after 5 waves on most endless missions. Also as soon as those challenges go up nobody does more than 3 zones on SO and ESO.

For all those weeks of nightwave the wolf only spawned 3 times for me - i had nothing to level, was always in full gear. Then i get an affinity booster on login and put some forma on my kitgun and frame and got the wolf 3 times in a hour. The first time we killed him, took us almost 30 minutes and we got a great reward... North Wind, yay.... and the second time 2 people immediately aborted the mission after he announced himself. It's just not worth a 30 minute fight, so yeah, i have to admit, from that on i started to abort too as soon as he shows up. I'd fight him in full gear but after i was done with ranking everything back up, he doesn't show up for me anymore.

Edited by TheFBD
fixed youtube link
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Skritz91 said:

impossible to do for brand new players:

The old every mission had a little challenge for Affinity could be added in but reward a small amount of rep, ex get 30 kills, 20 secondary kills, or 10 headshots. I think those were easy to accomplish for new players and could help making it feel a little less grindy. I personally like the current challenges, just would like them to be not as timer based as my previous post entails, which may also help the beginner cases.

If all challenges are always available and on completion, refreshed 1 week or 3 days after you complete them rather than having a time limit where they reset to different challenges I think they are a lot more reasonable for new players. That way even if you only have gotten 1 elemental mod you at least have 1 challenge you could reasonably complete regularly for rep.

And then to counteract the still low rep earned having the mini-challenge per mission with say 150 rep.

27 minutes ago, TheFBD said:

30 minutes

Personally never taken me more than 5ish minutes so maybe some sort of scaling added to it or beacons are added at specific rep levels so players have some level of expectation of when he's coming could help. I know there's problems with his battle mechanics with health and our options for damaging him too, I just haven't thought of a way to make them better in part because I haven't looked at how he works other than enemy targeting Warframe abilities seem to have have no effect.

Spoiler

(Brozime's burnout is kind of a "you did this to yourself" to some extent I think, Warframe's grind is pretty unsightly overall but it's a game where farming for 1 single goal is the most painful way to farm for things. You have to kinda have multiple goals to farm in rotation, that being said, still a disturbing amount of grind is needed. The best way to fix that though I think would be part of a major reward overhaul where almost every item & mission gives out relatively unique drops with like 30-50% chances. Anyway that's beyond the scope of this forum.)

Go into an Axi Relic exterminate mission, Wolf Spawns! That's 3rd time in... what week is this? Eh, that many weeks. Anyways, LEVEL 75.

One team member just nopes from the mission.

But, after plenty of time fighting him (and my Kitgun that regenerates ammo), we win!

And he drops a Molten Impact.

Is this your idea of a joke, DE? He couldn't drop mods that are a slight bit rarer than the most generic --- type melee mod anyone ever might need?

FIX THIS. THIS IS NOT FUN. THIS IS NOT REWARDING.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 3