Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

7 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

You know you screwed up when McGamerCZ does a Nightwave review... and then uses POE footage while talking about Warframe.

Honestly I don't blame him. I usually log on and play casually but Nightwave is becoming more and more like a second job. It just burns you out. 

Dear DE my feedback on Nightwave after finishing it: Nightwave totally burnt me out on this game. I finished that series and immediately shut down the game and haven't touched it since then. The challenges are boring and repetitive as #*!% and it just totally killed my fun in that game. Additionally playing on a regular basis a huge amount of days for one week with the pressure to do so was just a pain in the ass instead of fun..for example the 5x Sortie missions...Hell I don't have enough spare time to play 5 days in one week so I sometimes really had to cut short on another end like time with friends and family to finish that challenges 😕 It was a feeling over the past weeks like I had to finish a project for my job instead of some relaxing hours on my couch to calm down after a hard business day. Is this really what DE wanted their playerbase to go through with Nightwave? Seriously hope they bring big changes for Series 2. Otherwise I might be done with this game.

• Like 1

I would like to see Kavat genetic codes added as a Cred Offering. I think the Cred Offerings in general aren't great. I havn't been playing on PC very long and even I don't have anything I really want to spend my Wolf Creds on apart from Nitain Extracts.  

• Like 1

I heard that Wolf Credits will expire at the end of the Nightwave series. Please don't do this. If I don't have enough Wolf Credits for an Orokin Catalyst or Reactor, I will have to waste them on something I don't want and I don't think I am alone on this. Veteran players don't need anymore Nitain so having to spend Wolf Credits on Nitain is a waste, but new/late players may not get enough credits for the potatoes and won't be able to reliably get them. I have never heard of anyone liking the expiration feature on Argon Crystals so please don't put an expiration on Wolf Credits.

• Like 1

Thats a bit from me

• Missions should definitely be making more sense.
  • I would change the linear progression system to the tree branch progression system. like imagine a tree and as you beat challenges they become tougher.
  • I also would remove the weekly limit which actually makes people bounded to the game with force & chains instead of loyalty. First, it might seem good but it could really damage the game itself at its core. Instead, I would put community goals to unlock the next tier challenges. And not remove old ones so if people miss it for a long time they still can grind it up with their hard work through "meaningful incremental difficulty missions".

Here i draw an example

Just remove nightwaves and replace them with the old alerts, just as easily and as fast as you replaced old alerts with the nightwaves.

you did not let both systems to be up and running for a while, just so to see flaws and stuff, coz you dropped it out there, by removing the old alerts at the same time and it fails spectacularly to its purpose.

well, kudos on that, now bring back the old nice alerts, and remove the boredwaves.

Edited by No1Eye

Here's my feedback for Nightwave as i've experienced it so far. I've done everything the game has to offer and own most things farmable. So my perspective is based on that.

The Good

• There's actual progression and you're not bound by the mercy of RNG.
  • Some of the challenges you'll complete simply by playing the game. The "Complete X mobile defence" weekly is usually completed just by doing sorties over the week.
  • For the first time, as far as I know, in the history of the game you could farm for slots.
  • The rewards up until rank 30 are pretty good.

The Bad

• Nightwave made the game kind of feel like a second job for me, which is a horrible thing. You certainly don't need to complete every challenge. But for a lot of people it's a psychological thing, and the need to check all the boxes is strong in many of us. Myself included.
  • Why are we forced to go to specific places? Let us choose where to complete X bounties, mines, fish and so on.
  • All challenges involving using forma, sculptures and guilding are bad. Why are we forced us to waste time and resources on this?
  • The time you get for completing the challenges is too short. This cause a lot of stress for players who can't play every day. I can do that, but not everybody have that luxury.
  • At the end of the season it will be impossible for a lot of people to spend all their creds. Yes, they'll be converted to credits but if that's a 1 to 1 ratio that's pretty bad considering the time investment in getting them.
  • There will be less aura's in circulation. With the alert system a lot of people would get extra aura's whenever one was available and the mission was easy. Only to later give it to a friend or clanmate or sell it. I doubt that many people will use their hard earned creds on spare aura's.
  • Getting 15 creds for every 10'000 points you earn after reaching rank 30 is kind of insulting.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, No1Eye said:

Just remove nightwaves and replace them with the old alerts, just as easily and as fast as you replaced old alerts with the nightwaves.

you did not let both systems to be up and running for a while, just so to see flaws and stuff, coz you dropped it out there, by removing the old alerts at the same time and it fails spectacularly to its purpose.

well, kudos on that, now bring back the old nice alerts, and remove the boredwaves.

They should have implement the same technic that they did with Melee 3.0. Gradually. 

Keep the alerts and Nightwave at the same time and maybe see the players base appreciation or not.

That way new player could at least get some weapons and aura to get better from the start.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

*sigh*

Well, Tuesday was... 3 day ago? And I documented my frustrations with said Wolf of Saturn Six at that time. Link.

I ran into him last night on Hydron. Holy ****. Level 75 again, face-tanks ALL the bullets. Luckily I had my ammo-regen Kitgun, but still, 4th time seeing him again, finally I'll get something worth all the time and anguish fighting him. Yeah, my first 3 times all I got was Molten Impact, but no one is that unlucky. Maybe I'll get the Wolf Motor or the Head, or the Wolf Sledge BP....

Another Molten Impact.

Who thought giving this guy standard mods as well as rare-awesomeness stuff was a good idea? Even the Acolytes don't do that stuff to players. They show up, they drop mods that only they can give you (even if you do have quite a few because you've fought them plenty of times before) and then they nope out. But the Wolf of S6? Frickin' Molten By-The-Lotus Impact.

When he never showed up, I wanted him to show up so I might get the new stuff he has. NOW that he DOES show up, I wish he'd go away because if I wanted another Molten Impact, I'd go run through Eris with my Ember Prime and Carrier.

This is not fun. This is not rewarding. This is being handed garbage after beating a human-shaped Lvl 100 Lephantis wielding a sledgehammer.

FIX. THIS.

• Like 1

I started playing WF around 6 months ago. I usually don't play MMOs or F2P games, but the thing about WF that I liked was that, unlike those kinds of games, it respected my time. I'm not a teenager anymore and cannot spend hours every day playing games. Even WF's daily reward system seemed to respect me, by not punishing me for skipping a day (or more).

Then comes Nightwave. At first being able to obtain slots and built forma was very nice, but it quickly turned into a chore. Am I "engaging" more with the game? Yes, I am. But am I having fun doing it? I'm not so sure. I'll probably take a break of the game when reaching rank 30, because right now the feeling is too similar to being in a work assignment with a deadline or something.

Edited by (NSW)Netsphere
  • Like 1

As a new but not so new player ( Rank 9, been playing for like 200 hrs ), I think NightWave needs adjustments if it wants to replace the old alert system. The concept is good but the execution is just disappointing. I really think NW is a good way to introduce lore and side stories but right now it is just not good enough. 

I think my biggest problem is "Time-limited". Challenges are fun but when you are forced to do challenges when you don't want to it becomes a torture. Sadly since the creds may disappear when the event ends and I don't know whether I will still be able to get the rewards after that,  I have to complete all the challenges (of course I didn't manage to do that) in a rush. That takes up a lot of time and is really annoying, especially when you are still a newbie and there are many other things to do in Warframe. In addition, there are some challenges that are just impossible for me to complete, since it requires me to rank up to the highest level in Fortuna in only one week. It is also discouraging to those casual players who just want to play at a slow pace and gradually get the things they want. I think one good quality of the old alert system is that you can jump in at any time knowing that there are always things to get out of it, but NW is just...forced grinding.

In my honest opinion, each episode should be a permanent thing, so that everyone can engage in it at their own pace. However, finishing it fast / completing more challenges can give you more rewards (like credits or something else). You need to reach rank 30 in the first episode in order to unlock the next one, and stories should be unlocked gradually as you rank up.

Also, I think the reward system is also a big problem. I've seen some other guys talking about how DE wants you to buy more plat since stuff are harder to get in NW compared to the old alert system. But this will not encourage players to buy platinum, it will only discourage them and make them quit the game. I think a lot of players, like me, buy plats simply because we really enjoy the game. Like if you are having a good time grinding prime frames, you probably will also buy plats ( when you get 75% off ) to unlock more flashy outfits. Making too many things hard to get will only discourage people...

Edit: Also I've seen veterans saying that the rewards to them are just meaningless. Sure but at the same time for newbies, it's just hard as hell to get. Pleasing neither side I guess.

Edited by DevonRayMun
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DevonRayMun said:

But this will not encourage players to buy platinum, it will only discourage them and make them quit the game. I think a lot of players, like me, buy plats simply because we really enjoy the game. Like if you are having a good time grinding prime frames, you probably will also buy plats ( when you get 75% off ) to unlock more flashy outfits. Making too many things hard to get will only discourage people...

I'm with you there, every time DE releases good content, i buy some plat. With discount or not. When The Sacrifice was released, Fortuna, everytime i enjoyed new stuff. And even though i could really need some plat right now, i'll not buy it anytime soon with this mess that is nightwave. No matter how many discount coupons DE will throw at me at login. Voting with my wallet.

• Like 1

The changes for season 2 from the devstream sounded like a step in the right direction. Co-workers were distracting me so I couldn't fully concentrate on stream however...did I hear correctly that the "with friends/clannies" challenges will remain but will additionally allow alliances? Ugh...

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

The changes for season 2 from the devstream sounded like a step in the right direction. Co-workers were distracting me so I couldn't fully concentrate on stream however...did I hear correctly that the "with friends/clannies" challenges will remain but will additionally allow alliances? Ugh...

They said they'll "reduce" it, see the vid starting at ~25:50, series 2 gonna be "different story", "lot less grindy", "less fear of missing out", "reduce endless mission grind", "reduce the forced multiplayer stuff".

I'd like to see it removed completely though, no mentioning of the inventory checks (ayatan). It's a start.

Edit: Listening to it again Reb is indeed saying something about clan acts now include alliance members.... ugh, like that would change anything...

Edited by TheFBD
edit
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TheFBD said:

I'm with you there, every time DE releases good content, i buy some plat. With discount or not. When The Sacrifice was released, Fortuna, everytime i enjoyed new stuff. And even though i could really need some plat right now, i'll not buy it anytime soon with this mess that is nightwave. No matter how many discount coupons DE will throw at me at login. Voting with my wallet.

Well ill be voting with my wallet and buying plat.

Because I disagree with you.

6 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

Because I disagree with you.

Fair enough. This is not like math where there is a definite right and wrong, and i will not try to change your mind and i appreciate you didn't try to change my mind.

You have your opinion and i have mine. We'll see what DE makes of this 100+ page thread in the future.

With the new changes discussed in the devstream coming for Act 2 of Nightwave, I was hoping for some clarification on something. When they said there would be a catch-up mechanic and some Evergreen stuff does that mean there's potential to get rewards from Act 1 of Nightwave? I'm not talking just the Wolf drops, but also things like the emote, armor, etc from the Wave itself. I think it would be a really good gesture on DE's behalf if part of those evergreen rewards was a way of getting items from previous Nightwaves that you may of missed over a longer period of time: Once an act ends, unique items (armor, emotes, decorations, emblems, sigils, mods, etc,) get added to a Nora's Collection of sorts that you can use farmable credits on. I know some people will feel that detracts from the value of those items, they won't be as exclusive as before, but in my opinion Nightwave's battlepass system really doesn't seem to mesh with the rest of the game's and DE's own stated policy on events where nothing is truly lost forever. If nothing else, I hope something is done about this first Act's rewards due to it being the initial one and not being the smoothest start for the system.

• Like 1

They were far far far too vague to say season 2 will "fix" Nightwave, IMO. (I really don't like the direction they decided with LESS Acts giving more standing... what we needed was more choice... it just feels like when you can't (or don't want to) do an act, you'll be missing even MORE standing than you do now.)

They were going to "reduce" the forced multiplayer stuff... instead of remove? Ug.

At least they're reducing the length of time in the survival type stuff... possibly sounds like they've changed bounties to stages completed, instead of entire bounty chains completed... so SOME things WERE heard correctly, and for that I am glad.

Anyway, will need to see the changes before I can say much more about that... just from what I've heard so far, a lot seems illogical in concept, already - not fixing the issues - it reads like they don't understand what some of the issues were.

• Like 1

[Edit: When typing this, I had not found out that The Wolf would not be leaving at the end of Saturn Six. This fact changes...almost everything, really.

The issues with the wolf? Almost all caused by him being a short-time thing. If he becomes a permanent part of the game, Wolf's issues are ALL fixed.

The time-limited rewards? Most of the rewards that could disappear could very easily become part of the Wolf's drop-table at some point in the future. Those that couldn't could be obtained through other ways (except the umbra forma, but that's probably coming). 

I still cannot stand the structure of Nightwave and love how parameters can be messed with in an alert to give players some unique experiences. Also, the cred marketplace is just giving the game another currency (which disappears at some point). It's also really annoying that this whole tale never involved any player interaction (through the syndicates?). Overall, I'm still not happy with Nightwave, but I will still occasionally check my radio...but, it still needs to be removed.]

So, now that Nightwave is winding down, here are my final thoughts about this whole...thing.

As far as my gaming habits are concerned, Nightwave does not exist.

The "story" of this whole even barely existed, the replacements for Alerts were structured like a really bad mobile phone game and FELT LIKE IT, and DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE WOLF!  I cannot think of a single positive element of Nightwave, other than the end of season 1 being a perfect time to remove it from the game. In the interest of not feeling bullied into playing a game, I'm pretending that Nightwave was a figment of my imagination and never interacting with the ship radio.

I fixed your game for you. You're welcome, DE.

[Edit, with what I now know about how things will work going forward, I'm really sorry I said this. I still have issues with this update, but, with my new understanding of how the wolf would be part of the game going forward, my final comment became very inappropriate, and I apologize.]

Edited by Helios5868
  • Like 1

Great, sounds like they heard what pissed everyone off & decided to take it slow in fixing the issues, why the hell didnt they do this in reverse? Trickle the NW in slowly, test the waters then gauge the reactions, find what works & what doesnt, instead they went whole hog & rammed this thing down players throats as fast as possible.

Frankly, ill still give them a chance, ill wait to see what they consider a Fix for the aspects of this festering wound on an otherwise healthy system.

But if I feel half the aggravation ive felt the last month at this circus of lunacy, ill be taking a break until they pull their heads outta their.....well lets just say it'll be a loud POP when they do.

Anyway, heres hoping folks!

• Like 1

I agree the info we got is just too vague to really have an opinion on it.

To me the crucial part is how this "catch up" will be handled.
If it just means that unfinished weekly challenges go into a box for two weeks and pop back out after you tackle the live challenges ... I am not sure that would fix anything.
For people who have trouble investing the demanded time to begin with, it would rather lead to a stockpile of undone challenges with a delay on "missing out".

But it could also mean that they archive all challenges, and remove the hard end of the event. Knowing the event stays accessible even after the "live" version ended would indeed remove a lot of the stress-factor. Plus, players who start playing WF later on would have it as extra content.

It's been a while since my first post on this thread. Update: I'm no longer playing the game. I'm not saying night wave killed my desire to play, but...well i guess i am saying that. Skinner box, plain and simple. In a perfect world i guess i wish DE would stop with the pointless grinding and focus on real expansions that truly diversify the content the game has to offer instead of doing the same thing in different places. Let the game die off a bit and then come back. No need to string people along for mindless content. Oh, and while i'm being outrageously rational, how about they drop the f2p crafting timers too.

Edited by Safe4Consumption
  • Like 1