[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

2 часа назад, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 сказал:

Even Clem just saying 'Clem' in different inflections would be better than Nora.

What do you mean "even"? Clem is the best!

They already made Nora shut up when I complete the act or probably tied that to some transmission option I have disabled (the only one being hint transmissions). That was a god sent change. So I hear her only when I decide to check on whatever is still not done and in cutscenes, she's ok when encountered this often.

But I wouldn't mind Darvo taking over as a host. Everyone needs 50% discounted life support!

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

I wouldnt mind so much, if there was a reason to care about this character, came from nothing, knows alot about the Tenno than some faceless twit should that hasnt had ANY interaction with any aspect of the games story or narritive until the start of Nightflush/wave.

But nope, nothing, so as this character came from nothing, she can stay there as silent as I can make her, I feel bad for the Voice over artist as she does an amazing job at recreating the same character from the Warriors & in the new war if shes used in the same fashion I would LOVE for it to work this way, sending information to various groups via underlying tone, metaphore & music so as to remain innocuous but vital as an information agent.

That was what made the Warriors character unique & fit, you could FEEL the alternate meaning to what was being said, the underlying truth, then to have the order given to track down & capture or kill the warriors, by playing the song nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

All done above board & keeping the station & character clean of the actual conflict they were involved in.

So if they could flesh this character out & give us a character to give a crap about, thatd be Great, or gave a function that made her being there a nice benefit, custom sound tracks in game? collaboration with pandora? Or whatever music services would like to have another market?

She COULD be neat, as it is like the rest of NW she just showed up & threw the game for a loop for little to no actual gain save a few minor neat twists & a whole lot of head scratching WTF's?

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
vor 16 Stunden schrieb (NSW)Hatemachine:

I wouldnt mind so much, if there was a reason to care about this character, came from nothing, knows alot about the Tenno than some faceless twit should that hasnt had ANY interaction with any aspect of the games story or narritive until the start of Nightflush/wave.

But nope, nothing, so as this character came from nothing, she can stay there as silent as I can make her, I feel bad for the Voice over artist as she does an amazing job at recreating the same character from the Warriors & in the new war if shes used in the same fashion I would LOVE for it to work this way, sending information to various groups via underlying tone, metaphore & music so as to remain innocuous but vital as an information agent.

That was what made the Warriors character unique & fit, you could FEEL the alternate meaning to what was being said, the underlying truth, then to have the order given to track down & capture or kill the warriors, by playing the song nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

All done above board & keeping the station & character clean of the actual conflict they were involved in.

So if they could flesh this character out & give us a character to give a crap about, thatd be Great, or gave a function that made her being there a nice benefit, custom sound tracks in game? collaboration with pandora? Or whatever music services would like to have another market?

She COULD be neat, as it is like the rest of NW she just showed up & threw the game for a loop for little to no actual gain save a few minor neat twists & a whole lot of head scratching WTF's?

Can only agree, her Character is well done but feels out of place and not introduced or even cared about, i wouldn't mind if she would talk on the relays and people would talk about her atleast to acknowledge that she exists, i mean she seems to know way to much at times also and feels like a replacement for Lotus already so someone babysits us still and "rewards" us like the children we are if we "done good".

For me, the system is a nice idea but as always lately with some updates we simply lack lore and story for it, Wolf is kinda nice but feels also just latched on to have someone "menacing", i mean Assassins like the Stalker, G3 and Zanuka atleast have story, G3 in there Codex, same for Stalker and he was part of the main Quests, Zanuka you know partly that its a copy of the Original Zanuka that you destroyed already, etc. Bosses like Vor got proper introduction, Lotus talks about them who they are and what rank or so.

Maroo has more story to her then Nora has, i even dare to say that Clem has more personality and Story then her and the Wolf together.

Edited by Marine027
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Nora's worse than Ordis and more immersion breaking than inbred emo kids.

"...with friends or clanmates" missions are stupid.

Introducing new time-limited rewards right after forcing players to take a long break after Profit Taker fiasco is a dirty move.

Removal of alerts is good. They were pointless clutter.

Removal of Vauban alerts is bad because now you can't play as a party of three Vaubans entirely covering a fourth pub that farms Vauban in electic balls.

Fugitives don't give enough standing for their meh spawn rate.

Invading "bosses" are only good when you encounter them for the first time. Adding another one doesn't contribute anything to the game.

The way story of "Wolf of Saturn 6" is told outside of missions is good, way better than quests. Quests are clunky and story with ingame cutscenes doesn't fit in Warframe's gameplay loop at all. Nora is crappy narrator tho.

Not being forced into one particular repetitive mission and its C rotation to get new stuff is good.

Edited by Kefirno
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

@[DE]Rebecca Any word as to why the Hildryn Alt Helmet is not listed on the Wolf Creds shop for Nightwave? At least on consoles a couple of friends of mine have been dutifully waiting for it to show up with no avail. And now that Series 1 is drawing to a close morale for it to show up is drawing low for my friends.

Can you please check to see if her alt helmet is actually a listed item and see if it can be patched in if it’s not?

• Like 1

I think a nice addition with the next nightwave would be for whenever the 'Wolf' Spawns in, that we receive some rep for defeating them.

I see a lot of players complain when he drops nothing, or a random mod we have hundreds of. I don't mind grinding for rare parts, but with the effort it can take players (especially when unprepared) I think a little rep for that season would be a nice balance.

Maybe 300-500.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

@[DE]Rebecca Any word as to why the Hildryn Alt Helmet is not listed on the Wolf Creds shop for Nightwave? At least on consoles a couple of friends of mine have been dutifully waiting for it to show up with no avail. And now that Series 1 is drawing to a close morale for it to show up is drawing low for my friends.

Can you please check to see if her alt helmet is actually a listed item and see if it can be patched in if it’s not?

It was confirmed it won't be until next season.

Posted (edited)

You call THAT listening to the community? Are you deaf? Your solution is 5 challenges instead of 7?

Do you LIKE all this kind of feedback? Because when you impose a 10 week mindless grind scenario on people and you say "Good news  everyone, we listened to your feedback, next 10 weeks will be 20% less grind intense!" it makes me question your ability to comprehend 100 pages of feedback.

WE HAVE BEEN DOING THIS OBNOXIOUS STUFF FOR A WHILE NOW AND WE CERTAINLY DONT WANT TO SPEND HALF A YEAR WORRYING ABOUT NIGHTWAVE! 10 weeks was an abomination and you suggest "lets make this 20% less grindy?"

Making it HALF as grindy would have been too much. Do you not GET that???

Edited by random__noob
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes in a Rescue mission slowly chipping away with melee because guns won't have nearly enough ammunition and don't have a combo system to help deal with the insane hitpoint pool.

What did we get? 1 Spinning Needle stance mod.

This is bar none the worst boss experience I've ever had, and that's saying something in Warframe.

• Applause 3
  • Upvote 3

On 2019-05-07 at 4:38 AM, random__noob said:

You call THAT listening to the community? Are you deaf? Your solution is 5 challenges instead of 7?

Do you LIKE all this kind of feedback? Because when you impose a 10 week mindless grind scenario on people and you say "Good news  everyone, we listened to your feedback, next 10 weeks will be 20% less grind intense!" it makes me question your ability to comprehend 100 pages of feedback.

WE HAVE BEEN DOING THIS OBNOXIOUS STUFF FOR A WHILE NOW AND WE CERTAINLY DONT WANT TO SPEND HALF A YEAR WORRYING ABOUT NIGHTWAVE! 10 weeks was an abomination and you suggest "lets make this 20% less grindy?"

Making it HALF as grindy would have been too much. Do you not GET that???

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We still haven't seen how they're going to change some of the missions themselves. The catch-up mechanic is going to be interesting to. I am going to remain optimistic.

11 hours ago, gabuchan said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We still haven't seen how they're going to change some of the missions themselves. The catch-up mechanic is going to be interesting to. I am going to remain optimistic.

I agree that optimism is a more healthy approach than my doomsaying. However looking at the devstream, I tried an empathy approach to each of their lines and it did feel like they are reluctant to reduce the time intensity of the event very much for now. They seem to test how far they can go. And that means it will always be borderline unbearable for some, too much for others, some wont mind either way and some welcome the task list given to them, so they have something to do. So that totals to four different cathegories of responses from the playerbase.

That means only one group of players has it rough: The ones that are BARELY feeling it is still too much. I counted myself as one of them, but I learned the harsh truth: There is a LOT more fun in pretty much any other game in my Steam library to be had that I have in Warframe. So I switch to the group of players that just say if THAT is what DE dedicates their development time towards, they cannot be creating REAL questlines or do proper balancing or create an endgame, not a gimmik like Arbitrations or Conclave. And if their design pool is so shallow that the only bossfight they can think of is the Wolf, then we are in deep trouble.

Warframe isnt an open Beta anymore. It is a well-functioning buisness. I dont demand anything. I can take it or leave it, but I feel that in a buisness that is aparently operating successfully, the product that is being released should be as successfull. Nobody actually FORCES DE to create any content, except for DE themselves. We whine when we dont get new toys quickly enough, yes, but we also whine when we do get the toys and we arent too happy with them. So we whine either way, best to just release stuff that makes sense somehow or somewhere. There is quite a bit of content by now. That existing content should be somewhat enough to give them enough space to really create a viable vision for the game. But do we see that? I feel like I am playing a patchwork system of halfhearted ideas and a solid background story and great style guide that is trying a bit too hard to have artistic dialogues (really people, we dont want to go to wikipedia after a questline to read up on what the FRICK actually happened in those missions. Make dialogue a bit clearer ffs... Some of the stuff only makes sense if you have been in your design meetings for the questline, not when you play it).

- Rivens were supposed to be our lategame motivation. Now DE realized we would just farm for 50k kuva at once and reroll any riven until we get the ideal result we were looking for, so OP riven users are EVERYWHERE. Which results in nerfs even for the average users.
- PoE is an Eidolon dispenser. Nobody ever goes to PoE unless they have to or they go Eidolon hunting.
- Arbitrations are trying a bit too hard to make sense. They kinda dont.
- Sorties make a bit more sense and should satisfy the need for reward for gameplay and also pose a challenge, but the only thing you can get from them that makes sense to get from is rivens. See first bullet point.
- I dont know how successful the Conclave is, but I personally wouldnt ever go there, not even if Nora asked me to.

Stuff has been bolted and glued and stuck to the game without much interaction or coherence, the style guide aside. So that is what we play. And that is what I choose to not play anymore.

Why do I write so much when I could just shut up and leave? Well, 2 reasons: One, I want to avoid people thinking "If you dont want to dedicate time this is not the game for you". I did dedicate time to this game. Quite a lot of it actually. And the second reason, insight. Occasional feedback bubbles will rise to DE, I am pretty sure of it. My specific words likely wont end up being referred to by anyone, but they might end up adding to the background sound: We know DE never thought they would be pushing the world they built this far, or would find themselves pressured to release ever fresh content. We accepted that for now. But DE: We came, and we stayed. We stayed longer than you may have expected. Now entertain us. You cannot expect the new player base to be willing to farm for everything that we did over several years. The new players can look at all that WF has to offer, all at once. All they see now is rank and bank for hundres of hours, all without a reasonable goal or without any change to be seen.

DE: Break the mould. Break up the formula. I would like something as weird as a fixed Elite Loadout. Imagine a loadout slot that you can fill with whatever you want, and only with a setup from an elite loadout slot you can play elite missions. But everytime you change anything in that setup, you have to face an entry trial first. Change a mod? Take a trial. Change a weapon? Take a trial. (Not one identical trial, of course... Your pick of stealth, damage dealing, defending, or what have you). That way our selected favourite loadout would grow on us, and missions and gameplay could be cathegorized into new players and experienced players. You would KNOW that in elite mode, you play your one favourite sidearm, your one favourite frame, your one favourite gun. No flipflopping. Balance your gear, be able to handle yourself and your role. Bosses and enemies wouldnt need to be balanced like they are now, for new players and veterans alike. Take and entry test or dont play that stuff. Mission rewards for something as mundane as an exterminate mission could actually be worth it, because they also would take you 20 minutes and you would try to use any positional advantage you could get. Weapon damage, enemy damage and enemy armor could be strictly changed for elite loadouts. Loot you get there could be stuff that is only beneficial to you when you actually DO play elite loadouts, so that players not playing that stuff wouldnt feel like they are missing out. Make it a quest to liberate a planet. Place a fomorian core into space and let it float, asking all tenno you can muster to push it into someones base, over 2 weeks, drop in drop out as you have time.

But we dont see anything in terms of vision or development. Nothing were we can grow upon Warframe anymore, and nothing were Warframe grows on us. The weapons we love and we grind Kuva for our rivens for are nerfed when it turns out they are in fact viable, and that logic is just flawed... You nerfed SUPRA rivens? All 10 Supra fans should be rewarded and feel clever for using that gun. And if it outperforms other guns, that is actually a GOOD thing. If you nerf more than one riven disposition, you nerfed weapons that have not been number one. How does that make sense? How can you nerf number 2 to number 10, and expect the player base to see the wisdom in that?

Last connection for me is I will still log in and keep the game updated. But I wont play, unless I see a reason to. Right now I dont think there could be anything in Nightwave series 2 that would be fun or entertaining enough to spend my time here More umbra forma, I dont care anymore. Cosmetics, not interested. Unique mods, no thank you.

Maybe something on Youtube will spark my interest, I dont know. But I feel like a veil is dropped, and I look at a Penta Mod that leaves fiery patches on the ground, and all I can think is:
"that could be handy when I farm the same useless Nightmare mission or Invasion or Bounty for the tenth time in a row, so that my mind sees something shiny and wont notice that none of this matters, or can be considered gameplay after repeat number 1000"

• Applause 2

I am looking at Nightwave from the perspective of someone who has not completed the star chart, who makes steady progress by playing maybe 10 hours a week, usually in 1 hour blocks.  

I mostly didn’t like Nightwave but my feelings are mixed. 

Good

- General concept and story. 

- Wolf model

- Daily challenges that give you 3 days to complete them

- Challenges not tied to any particular quest or mission 

- Rewards, notably Warframe/weapon slots, forma, kuva, potatoes - all the non wolf-credit items

Neutral

- Nora.  I found her kind of annoying, mostly because she makes the same comments over and over on fugitive capture.   

- Wolf credits and what you can buy with them.  Sorry, I am ALWAYS going to buy potatoes and Nitain.  The blueprints and helmets are really not on the same value scale.  

- Most challenges.  Yeah, they’re okay, but not great.  I would rather get challenges that are challenging but not grindy.  Sort of like riven challenges.  

Bad

For me, as someone who has tons to do in Warframe and in real life, I hated how Nightwave took up almost my entire play time each week.  I couldn’t complete the quests or star chart. I could only get faction standing when it matched a Nightwave challenge.  I hear a lot of experienced players say that Nightwave only took them a couple of hours each week.  Well it took me all week.  That seems the wrong way around if you ask me.  Those guys are looking for something extra to do.  I am not.  

- Grindy challenges.  When a challenge matched something I needed to do, it was great.  When it didn’t, it sucked.  The 60 minute ones and the friend/clan ones I didn’t even touch.  Many of the others just seemed a little too long.  I think the best idea I’ve seen people suggest is to make more challenges available and let people choose up to N of them each week. 

- Wolf fight.  I killed him once or twice but mostly his indestructible goons killed me. He ruined quite a few missions for me, which sucks when you can only play for an hour.  It forced me to play certain frames because otherwise I was dead, and forget trying to rank up weapons.  I rank things up as I play.  I don’t go to that node everyone goes to farm affinity.  I feel like Wolf punishes me for playing the game a non min-max way. 

- Time pressure.  The whole mechanic caused me stress.  All week I am wondering whether I will have time to get enough challenges.  I’m thinking about it at work, I’m thinking about it when doing stuff with the kids, I slept less because I stayed up late trying to make some progress.  This was by far the worst aspect of Nightwave.

Overall

Well the bad outweighed the good.  I didn’t dislike the concept or the awards, just the grind and the time component.  Simple things like having more than a week to do a weekly would help.  However, I would prefer no time pressure at all.  

I don’t want Nightwave to be easier.  Just less grindy and less intrusive.   Challenges should challenge ability not time commitment.   

• Upvote 9

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Limorkil said:

I hear a lot of experienced players say that Nightwave only took them a couple of hours each week.  Well it took me all week.  That seems the wrong way around if you ask me.  Those guys are looking for something extra to do.  I am not.

You hit the bull's eye there. All those players who always scream for more endgame and tougher challenges don't have much else to do in warframe (hint: google extrinsic motivation). With nightwave they are happy because finally the game is telling them what to do again. But for everyone else, the nightwave challenges basically replace "normal" gameplay. And for those few who still claim the challenges basically "happen" during normal playtime: that may be true for "kill X enemies with Y" or "do X bulletjumps" or "complete 1 mission", but in the overall nightwave ranks that gets you nowhere.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I have a suggestion.

How about devs would make Wolf (and other similar bosses) not competely invulnerable to statuses, but would just reduce chance to proc status on them like 10-20 times or something similar. Every time i met encounter with Wolf or other guys like him, i might have only status oriented weapons with me, which turns fight from just interesting fight into long and boring thing.

Even if status chance proc would be reduced from 100% to 5%, status guns and melee with Condition Overload would be at least somehow viable to use agains such enemies.

I understand, that just removing status immunity would just bring Wolf and others to be just another nearly oneshotted enemies, but, as they're untargetable by any frame abilities completely and Wolf could appear in almost any "usual" mission, status immunity not just reduces usefulness of status oriented weapons, but renders them almost completely useless. For example, i can have Boltor Prime, which currently has near 100% status on my build and is modded to corrosive (to remove armor, obviously). If i shoot at Wolf, i deal almost no damage, while crit guns deal much more damage compared to status guns. And if i would be able at least 2-3 procs of corrosive from 50-60 procs i would've procced on any other enemy, this boltor prime would be still weakier, but at least somehow comparable to crit weapons.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

I recently hit rank 30 with Nightwave, fullfilling about 60% easier tasks. When I look backwards I don't feel satisfied at all, for me the best rewards were Nitain + Kuva. Armor is ugly, I don't know where to stick Umbral forma.

After finishing NW, I finally played my own tasks over last days: first Eidolon hunt, first Profit taker, finish finally all star chart nodes (Kuva fortress), last unfinished quest Glast gambit. And I enjoyed that freedom, just open startchart and do whatever I want in my casual way. I know now I won't be doing another Nightwave..  (I might if there are really cool rewards like Warframe skins, 100k Kuva, But I doubt they will be there.). And I hope there won't be another wolf+fugitives ruining my missions, excavators etc.

NOTE: Eidolon/Profit taker was part of tasks but I did't have time(standings) because I was finishing easier tasks.. Also I'm in small clan and I also didn't want to make fake-friends..

Edited by (PS4)shanncz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)
On 2019-03-04 at 6:13 PM, Sean said:

The problem isn't so much 60 minutes being spent within the survival, it's more with how small the reward is when compared to anything else for that amount of time.

Honestly though the whole system still needs streamlining, would be better just to let people earn Wolf Credits from the "Challenges" and remove Standing/Ranks and have everything buyable with Wolf Credits. A lot of the "Rank Rewards" are not really needed by all players, while it is nice to have Weapon Slots available without platinum, seeing them as an "upcoming reward" when having a ton of available slots is meaningless. Having Slots within the pool of items buyable with Wolf Credits would work well for everyone (though probably not at 50 WC).

This perfectly sums it up. Especially for players who have time constraints - work, family etc. Going through all the "rank rewards" that you don't need/want to get to the ones you actually do is only overshadowed by the fact that there is a seasonal time limit to do so. 

Just have a pool of resources you can purchase with Wolf credits with limited stocks - IE, 1 Umbral Forma, 2x 20,000 Kuva etc.

Treat Nightwave as an alert system and Nora as a vendor.

Edit: To be clear the Challenges are Not the problem. They are fun for the most part and let you do missions and gameplay you otherwise wouldn't. If there's a challenge you don't like or find too tedious atm, do another. 

Edited by BeardyKyle
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

I'm now beginning to think NW's back fired. It sped up the burnout for many players. They found it unsatisfying as the grind stretched it out unnecessarily and then were told they would have to do the same all thing over again. Indefinitely by the looks of things. 10 weeks to move forward just with the story and then all the grinding in between just doesn't seem productive in the long run.

Perhaps a better approach would of been to let NW be similar to how Syndicates are. No more Wolf Credits. The challenges players complete award standing that can be used to purchase Daily Rewards as they progress or stack their standing to unlock the next Rank/Episode of NW. Players also then earn a lore appropriate reward from Nora, similar to how players get a free reward with other factions. Once at max rank players could unlock a node that's an Assassination Mission with the Wolf. In post gameplay players would then have the ability to do challenges at their leisure. A mix of challenges awarding high or low standing then determine what/how many Daily Rewards a player can purchase that day.The daily standing cap could also be applied here.

The theory here is that this method of NW could keep the player engaged with the gameplay they like, invested in story that delivers as they progress, and provides incentive for the time they spend as they rank up. Doing all of this within a more comfortable time frame so that fatigue and "rushing to get them all" doesn't compromise the experience. The story portion would all be with the initial climb up to max rank, then lets the pursuit of Daily Rewards take a far more passive role once players have achieved max level and the NW arc is completed.

However, for this idea I would also suggest getting rid of some current rank up rewards and only keeping the ones relevant to NW's lore. I don't think it would hurt to allow Nora's awards to continue to rotate and change, though.

Edited by (PS4)FatMacBrbn
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)FatMacBrbn said:

I'm now beginning to think NW's back fired. It sped up the burnout for many players. They found it unsatisfying as the grind stretched it out unnecessarily and then were told they would have to do the same all thing over again. Indefinitely by the looks of things. 10 weeks to move forward just with the story and then all the grinding in between just doesn't seem productive in the long run.

Definitely backfired. Now that this season is about to end, many people reached rank 30 and are happy the grind is over and are taking a break from the game altogether. And i doubt that for the last month anyone seriously started with nightwave as they would not have a chance to get anywhere anyway. It gets even more obvious looking at the warframe twitch partners. They either didn't even start with nightwave or stopped streaming warframe as soon as they were done. I'm subscribed to two warframe-exclusive streamers who now plan to stream other games too - after not playing warframe for a week or two.

Not surprised really, beside that the recent dev video did nothing to assuage fears that the next Nightflush/wave chapter would be any form of improvement, a few tweaks here & there, maintaining the fake friending mechanic & oh Alliances, hey go check how many active clans there are on Switch before that sounds like an option, I come back & routinely see within a 3-4 hour span someone asks if a clan went away or if anyone from it is still active or online playing.

I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt that the changes will be acceptable per the level of grind, seriously add rewards commensurate with the effort involved & you'd see people playing warframe with a Guitar hero controller for 3 umbral forma.

But in the end I would say maybe the folks at DE should spend a few weeks trying their hand at all this as brand new players on Switch then see how much "improvement" they've brought to the game with all this.

Anyway, still holding out a thin line of hope that they listened to the vitriolic feedback they've had months to read & improve on, otherwise theres gonna be tumbleweeds rolling through the community for a few months.

• Applause 1

Posted (edited)
On 2019-05-06 at 1:38 PM, random__noob said:

The alternative would be to bring back the old alert system, which I doubt they are going to do.

Their goal with a smaller grind is probably to turn this more into background "dailies," like sorties are.  I guess the only real alternative would be something like "signing up" for a week of Nightwave as part of a season, and have everyone progressing through the seasons at completely different rates, which has its own issues.

Unless they throw away the entire thing, these will be permanent.  On the bright side for you guys, once you have the credit offerings, there's really no gameplay reason to do Nightwave.

Edit:  just to clarify though, I feel like you guys are right.  It seems to be accelerating some peoples' burnout, and that will likely have negative side effects for the game.  If it was more of a background thing, or had a very quickly completable system before prestige ranks that people could do and then forget about it, it may have gone better.  But the fact that everybody's gotta have their special forma and that people were freaking out that DE would end it before anyone could finish it, means those people burned out.

Edited by (PS4)BenHeisennberg
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

I believe that Nightwave was not an attempt to better the game experience for the players. It was not, as was touted, a way to remove the 'missing out' from something that an Alert offered for a limited time. If that was the motivation, there are many easy ways to address it. Extend the Alert duration for desirable rewards is one way.

Add the Nightwave system to the existing Alert system is another way. If you want to grind away at random tasks that may or may not interest you so that you can eventually get exactly the thing you wanted, Nightwave gives you a guarantee. If they had kept the Alert system but added Nightwave, maybe you will get lucky and be available to play when it's part of the Alert system rewards. You think they have any problem with making people get lucky? Try cracking open some relics, once you are lucky enough to get the relic you need. Then get an Ivara warframe. And an Ash. And most of them.

No, Nightwave was not motivated by a desire to improve the game for players. It was motivated by a desire to control the economy of items that can be purchased for platinum. Under Alerts, if you played more, you got more. There was no effective hard cap of  'Wolf creds' that limited you to 1 potato per week at best and that only if you got nothing else. 

Nightwave does not exist to make the game better. It exists to make the game more profitable. They will never return to the Alert system, because it interferes with their desired monetization of the game. Warframe is free to play, and I believe that it has the least intrusive monetization system of any free to play game. Nevertheless, I would have preferred more honesty in their disclosure of motivation.

If Nightwave was meant to fix the shortcomings of the Alert system from a player's point of view, it would have supplemented Alerts and not replaced them. But it's not meant to do that. It's meant to provide incentive to the people who play the game the most to buy platinum.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MallocErr said:

It was motivated by a desire to control the economy of items that can be purchased for platinum. Under Alerts, if you played more, you got more. There was no effective hard cap of  'Wolf creds' that limited you to 1 potato per week at best and that only if you got nothing else. 

That makes sense and also seems to be a trend in other missions where in the past you could obtain forma or potatoes, which is Invasions. There has been a noticable decline in potatoes there. I get what you mean when you say you want the open debate.

I also get what DE needs and wants, which is a constant drain of available plat from the players. However I am not sure this really will work out. I as a veteran have stored up a lot of potatoes, but newer players certainly dont. Look at this mess through the eyes of a newbie. Without knowledge of how to obtain several absolute key components to your builds (prime frames and weapons, potatoes, plenty of forma, several rare nightmare and corrupted mods, auras) you will feel like you arent going anywhere for an extended period of time, and that feeling is quite accurate. Asking the new players right out of the gates for money to spend on plat because there just isnt a reasonable way for new players to just luck out and get a free potatoe is likely driving away quite a few players. If you add to that the intense welcome-grindwall that is nightwave, you as a fresh player dont feel like you can rank up in mastery, collect key resources, play story quests and rank up syndicates and Fortuna standings as well. There are only so many hours in a day.

Why should they then pay money for potatoes when what they get in return is so many kicks in the balls? How do you intend to hook players in? With Nora's pretentious and weak ripoff of Ursula Rucker and the DJ from the Warriors movie?

Back in the days we were told by space mom what to do, and when and where, and for some reason, I prefer her to Nora. I guess it has something to do with the upcoming story line stuff, but Nora could and likely should just have been the Lotus, from a functional point of view. I know that DE wrote themselves into a corner with that one, but think about it: Shouldnt I be able to turn off a radio? We were never able or incentivised to turn off the Lotus as she is our mission command and sort of hacked into our uplink, but Nora? Shes a RADIO DJ... How is that functionally reasonable?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

~

Every day 3 Nightwave missions will appear on the map.
The missions will be against the act's Faction, (Wolf's Fugitives right now)
and reward Nightwave Credits and Standing for beating them.
The level of the enemies, and the credits/standing you get as the reward are based on your Rank in the Nightwave Event.
At Rank 0 enemies are level 5. Each rank increases the level of enemies by 2, so at Rank 30 enemies are level 65.
At Rank 0 missions Give 5 Credits and 100 Standing. Each rank increases Credits by 1 and Standing by 100%.
So a Rank 30 mission would give 35 credits, and 3600 Standing.

When new dailies/weeklies/elite weeklies show up,
they don't expire so you can do them when you have time to do them.
The dailies/weeklies/elite weeklies are random for each player,
and you can't have the same one multiple times.

Every week the items in the shop change.
Always 5 helmets, 5 mods, 5 weapon skins, 5 resources, each.
Catalyst, Reactor, Forma, Adapter, Egg, DNA, Nitain always available.
Aura Forma and Umbral Forma are also always available,
but each player can only buy 1 per Nightwave Event.

Common resources should be 100 for 5 credits.
Uncommon resources should be 10 for 5 credits.
Rare resources should be 1 for 5 credits.
Endo should be 250 for 5 credits.
Kuva should be 100 for 5 credits.
Kavat DNA should be 10 for 15 credits.
Kubrow Eggs should be 1 for 15 credits.
Weapon Blueprints should be 25 credits.
Weapon skin Blueprints should be 35 credits.
Helmet blueprints should be 35 credits.
Arcane Helmet blueprints should be 100 credits. (1 purchase, per helmet, per player, per event)
Aura mods should be 25 credits.
Formas should be 30 credits.
Catalysts/Reactors should be 40 credits.
Exilus Adapter should be 50 credits.
Aura Forma should be 100 credits. (1 purchase per player per event)
Umbral Forma should be 150 credits. (1 purchase per player per event)
Nightwave Event Decoration should be 40 credits.

On the last week of the Nightwave a new node opens up where you can fight the Act's boss enemy as many times as you want.

~

Edited by General_Durandal
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-05-06 at 4:42 AM, Marine027 said:

Can only agree, her Character is well done but feels out of place and not introduced or even cared about, i wouldn't mind if she would talk on the relays and people would talk about her atleast to acknowledge that she exists, i mean she seems to know way to much at times also and feels like a replacement for Lotus already so someone babysits us still and "rewards" us like the children we are if we "done good".

For me, the system is a nice idea but as always lately with some updates we simply lack lore and story for it, Wolf is kinda nice but feels also just latched on to have someone "menacing", i mean Assassins like the Stalker, G3 and Zanuka atleast have story, G3 in there Codex, same for Stalker and he was part of the main Quests, Zanuka you know partly that its a copy of the Original Zanuka that you destroyed already, etc. Bosses like Vor got proper introduction, Lotus talks about them who they are and what rank or so.

Maroo has more story to her then Nora has, i even dare to say that Clem has more personality and Story then her and the Wolf together.

Wolf has story. More will be revealed I'd bet.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb (PS4)big_eviljak:

Wolf has story. More will be revealed I'd bet.

I agree yes, he does, he still develops of course. Yet he still feels lackluster, no speaking to us like the others do, just dumb grunts, he is basically the tank from Left 4 Dead at the moment.

I just hope Nightwave does introduce more to him and not just skips to the next session while he still appears and just acts like a walking train slamming trough people mindlesly.

The problem me and others mainly see is,he jsut got slapped on mostly into the game, even Nox and Burasas had a proper introduction, he seems ot come out of nowhere for me, some prison we never heard about and apperently exist six of accordign to its name, them going after us and ignoring Grineer and Corpus alike desptie us presented as rouge units.

Personal opinion and all simply. I do actually hope it gets better thou and not just stays another assasination or death squad like the syndicats.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1