Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

I doubt i want to grind again in the next season.

It requires too much time every day and you pretty much can't skip or you are screwed.
It burns you out.

Time-limited daily grind stuff is horrible.

And only useful rewards are at the end - emblems etc are worthless.

On 2019-05-21 at 2:23 AM, Almagnus1 said:

Doesn't matter if it's office or manual labor (manual labor is IMO easier to do cause it only leaves you physically exhausted, not mentally drained), but that's barely any work during the week TBH.  And also, 50 hours of work is nothing to complain about, as that's an average work week light work week, and they're (more often than not) longer.

Don't try to talk up what you do for work, especially if it's only 50 hours of work a week.

The standard workweek is 40 hours -> 5 days of 8h.
Your math is broken.

Okay, now we've seen the changes DE would do to Nightwave Ep2.

My biggest problem now is that the catch-up system is really not a CATCH-UP system.

It is simply "DO YOU WANT TO DO THE GRIND IN TWO WEEKS, OR FINISH THEM IN ONE WEEK". Besides, You will not be able to catch up if you are too far behind.

The catch-up system is supposed to fix the burn-out caused by the limited time period, but now all we have is the right to select whether to have a severe burn-out and rest for a week or have a lighter burn-out for two weeks.

Edited by DevonRayMun
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, nerolev said:

I just wanted to give some feedback if I can of my current experience. so I've been playing this game off and on for many years, starting back when i was in elementary school, and have enjoyed every minute. It's a very fun game and I hope to see it grow more. The thing that made me want to post here is that as of late, due to bad timing and other things, I've missed out on most of the nitain extract. Due to this and the current drought of nitain, I have been having quite the frustrating experience with the game. I tried to build warframe after warframe but have been stopped short every time. At first i wanted to get Ivara, only to realize too late that I didn't have time to get the nitain that I needed. I tried to get Valkyr prime with still no luck. After farming for the parts and going to my foundry, I realized that I still need nitain. Next I tried for Garuda with similar results. Could you please put up some nitain alerts or something similar while we wait for nightwave? ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ gives the feedback 

What you can do is talk to Konzu in Cetus and check the bounty rewards. Some of the bounties offer Nitain. It isnt an efficient way to farm them, but it could give you at least some.

Please read into this as certain rewards should have really not been put into this system, in the future when more umbra forma is brung out and kept in this system it will bring implications between people that are starting and casuals that wish they could have the item but cannot have due to time restraints and all that nonsense. 

Please listen and give it to us not lock it behind such a system build a system that you can correctly deliver the item to players without locking it and allowing them to get it when they need it like a quest or something and give the item to the people that missed it or where close to it. Players should bot be punished so harshly for not dedicating their lives to the game

1 hour ago, (PS4)NemitheNem said:

I think alerts need to be brought back in between Nightwaves.  At least Nitian.

I mean, Nightwave is to replace Alerts, therefore without Nightwave there should be alerts

Yes, I'll second this.

It's kind of farcical that DE completely scraps alerts and replaces it with a "supposedly" better system, but for some inane reason, ends Nightwave season 1 before the next begins, leaving nothing to replace it.

Like, what difference would it have made to DE if they just left Nightwave season 1 running all the way to the start of season 2 to avoid a hiatus? Maybe some more people would have been able to get some more rewards, and it might slightly devalue some of the later rewards, but it's not like Rank 30 was particularly difficult to get to begin with.

And well, regardless of how good/mediocre/terrible you think Nightwave is, I feel we can all agree that some Nightwave is superior to absolutely nothing at all, which is what the current system is giving us.

Either make it so one season flows straight into the next, or re-institute the previous alert system between seasons.

Edited by -Black_Lotus-

On 2019-05-22 at 11:38 PM, Gresh said:

What kind of goober thinks 50 hours a week is a light work load?  If your employer is working you that hard, you should probably look into what else they're doing to screw you, dude.

It's needed if you want to climb the corporate ladder - if you're only working 40 hours a week, you're slacking.

On 2019-05-27 at 2:30 PM, -Black_Lotus- said:

Either make it so one season flows straight into the next, or re-institute the previous alert system between seasons.

Then you will get players like me who will only play when Alerts are active 😛 Just returned the other day after a break from nightwave, got a good giggle when I realised they have now removed any real way of earning Nitian/Auras/Helmets oh and that the wolf mission was only up for a weekend? Lol back to play Sea of Thieves and some GTA for me, this new punishement/chore based system just isn't for me. Shame if they had kept with the quests and not turned the gring to 11+(8 bounties for 5k experience wow used to be 1 mission=1reward) I could of seen my self putting a lot more time and money into this distraction. Now ive got a foundry full of prime items I don't even care to rank up anymore when before I had the itch and wouldn't go to sleep until I got them all done.

Good update DE really good you helped me get back to the real world and stop caring about this nonsense with your greedy tactics.

Btw thats all Nightwave was/is, another way to get people to spend plat on the marketplace.

On 2019-05-28 at 4:33 AM, Almagnus1 said:

It's needed if you want to climb the corporate ladder - if you're only working 40 hours a week, you're slacking.

Crazy, doctors are now considering 9 hours is all we should be working a week 😄

Edited by TheSkunkyMonk
  • Like 2

On 2019-03-05 at 4:56 AM, tobascodagama said:

That's fine, but you had TWO Elite weekly challenges dedicated to endurance running, which is something like 1/4 of all the possible standing that is earnable in one week. If you don't like endurance runs, you're missing out on a ton of standing and need to max out absolutely everything else (including all the dailies) for the week if you want to stay on schedule to "complete" the rewards track.

Not to mention that the whole idea of putting your gameplay on a tight "schedule" of activities, booked ten weeks in advance, that you may or may not enjoy that is anti-fun to begin with.

i think they should give us 5 elite missions that give a reasonable amount of standing each. When we finish 3/5, the others disappear. This will give the player and the dev the option of variety.

• Like 1

Haven't played in a long time almost at all, not after Nightwave Series 1 (see my long comment history on my full thoughts on the matter).

After The Jovian Concord update I hopped back into the game, saw that Nightwave was ended, and genuinely enjoyed the game once more.
So many Quality of Life improvements to the UI in so many places, reducing the need to awkwardly go through multiple different submenus, the Jupiter Remaster is pretty with almost no FPS drops and the little secrets are cool and rewarding in a gameplay sense, the new enemies are nice, the new weapons immediately jumped up to some of my favourites, also checked out the Plains Remaster since I skipped it because of being sour of Nightwave, that too was an improvement with almost no loss in performance, the Thumpers are fun, the ability to select missions straight down there is appreciated.

I genuinely had fun again and am willing to forgive the blunder of Nightwave.
The game wasn't pulling my sleeve with menial house chores to do while blackmailing me about missing out, and I got to enjoy the game now for extended periods of time.

Heard about Nightwave series 2 reducing grind and FOMO, and that's good.
But I'm still worried about the return of Nightwave, and will that again just push me off the game.

But I still want an answer for what will be done with the narrative dissonance? These house chores are so far removed from anything meaningful, world-building, that they feel like the kind of utterly pointless filler side activities so many RPGs and achievements 100% completion stuff get made fun about.
They go against the Nora narrative, they make us question why she wants us to do these for some minor standing here and there.
"Collect 10 mods", "Do 3 Sanctuary Onslaughts", "Kill X enemies with Y damage", "Do a Sortie" etc

At least alerts had potential for being integrated more into the world of Warframe, to feel more meaningful and build smaller stories with.
"Hey, we just got a distress call from someone, they've been captured and sent to a holding facility and will face dire circumstances unless we help them! Please go to these coordinates and rescue them before it's too late, I'm sure we can repay you somehow." - "You just saved my son, we can never repay you enough!"
"We've just spotted a high value Grineer informant on Mars in a meeting with generals, we should capture them before the intel get too old and extract information." - "Interesting, apparently the grineer are planning an invasion soon, this is very useful information, good job out there Tenno!"

Alerts just needed tweaks to the structure and punching up the dialogue and adding more flare and surrounding context, and they would have been golden.
(More concrete suggestions have been made in the past by me & others, again comment history exists.)
These achievement styled utter side chores of Nightwave are hard to see how they could be improved on to feel less insulting and boring for the player to be demanded to stoop down to do.

I love the game, I just want Nightwave improved, and feel less tacked on, like it's chasing a very obvious trend, without any thought to how well it integrates into the world and story, let alone all the issues with the burdensome grind it had before.

Edited by SnuggleBuckets
  • Like 2

Suppose I should reply to this topic. Kind of amused by all the usual liars going "Hah, Wolf was easy, you all suck, and I am the master race!" posts. You aren't fooling anyone with a clue, guys.

Anyway, firstly the Wolf was a terrible idea. It probably drove off more new players than anything else. By the end people were going "Urgh" in chat when he turned up, and a few teams I was in quit outright en masse rather than face yet another 20 minute slog trying to kill the clown. No-one who is honest liked hearing the "growl" sound, and then when we wee finally going to ave our "revenge fight" we fought him 3 times where he got away twice and finally we faced him in in level 100 Super Sayan bastard form. Clap clap, no catharsis there.

If you are now forced to balance everything because a minority have tricked out everything with 200 rolled Rivens then you have done something wrong. That same crowd will be all over the forums lying about what an easy fight it is, no matter what.

Aside from that, I enjoyed the challenges every day because I regarded them as optional challenges that I could take or leave. However you made a SERIOUS mistake when you pointed some of the challenges at gated off content such as Profit taker and Sorties. People are completionists at heart and they hate suddenly being told they cant do something to gain points for no good obvious reason. Not everyone has maxed out standing or has done "the War within" which actually lies at the end of a lot of planets, I hate to remind you.

In my clan we had new people begging others to taxi them to Profit taker or sorties. and they wouldn't believe us when we said that it was gated off and we physically could not. When i finally dawned on them that they had been set a challenge they could not actually do they were extremely disappointed and frustrated. it was, in parlance, a @#&$ block. Again you are frustrating people for no good reason. Hell, I could not do profit taker myself as I didn't have the SU standing. And as for the "Kill a Hydrolyst" challenge, I saw newbies asking people to carry them into the worst Tridolon fight so they "could get the rewards" without even having a mote amp to help out. You try having THAT conversation 5 times a day. At least if it was "kill a Teralyst" they could probably have done it, even if it took a while, if they got matched in with anyone who had an amp.

I know the intention was probably to encourage people to try out content, but putting that goal into a publicly available space was giving the impression that you are tossing the big rewards at the oldies as usual. And that is a good way to get people to say "eff this game."

Aside from that I don't have much complaints about it. As a replacement for Alerts, l.. well I remember when i played before finding Alerts very frustrating as I always missed the ones with stuff I wanted. I never got one Vauban piece despite months of trying, for example. So I think this is a different way of doing it which has its frustrations too. I'm fairly neutral on whether its "better" than alerts or not, because alerts kinda sucked imo. At least this gave you a few days to grab something you wanted.

Edited by Himodor
  • Like 1

On 2019-05-30 at 6:30 PM, Himodor said:

Suppose I should reply to this topic. Kind of amused by all the usual liars going "Hah, Wolf was easy, you all suck, and I am the master race!" posts. You aren't fooling anyone with a clue, guys.

It sounds like you don't have a clue.

First off: nobody is claiming superiority for not having problems with the Wolf.
Second: If the Wolf kills you, you're not playing right.

This isn't because you're bad. It's because you're not dodging.

That's all it takes to survive his attacks. Because his attacks, while deadly if hit by them... are extremely easy to avoid. He slowly walks towards you, and every single move is extremely telegraphed. Will you die the first couple times without Spidey-sense reflexes? Sure. But once you knew what his TWO moves were, you'd have to be really stupid to get hit by them.

He does nothing that's threatening to players who simply pay attention. I do not believe for a second that an assassin like the Wolf should be defeated by blindly pewpewing at him until he is dead. I don't believe any boss type enemy should be that easy.

Killing him, yes, would take decent gear, but that's not because he's hard to kill, it's because he had too much HP and armor, which was likely to make up for his extremely simple fight mechanics.

The only problems with the Wolf are:

1. Doesn't scale to the mission or the players in the cell
  2. Bullet sponge

Those qualities are what push away new players *AND* upset veterans. Nobody is defending his design. We are simply saying, if he kills you, you need to learn to do more than just left-click until things die.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

On 2019-05-29 at 5:15 AM, SnuggleBuckets said:

Heard about Nightwave series 2 reducing grind and FOMO, and that's good.

But I'm still worried about the return of Nightwave, and will that again just push me off the game.

Addressed this in an earlier post, but I will repeat it here. As someone who works 50+ hours a week, every week, and still has to find a way to fit in time for sleep, regular adult things like groceries and cleaning and laundry, and time with the family, I still hit rank 50 of the Nightwave.

I did not do every Act every week. Some weeks I didn't log in until the weekend, and only logged in on Saturday OR Sunday, and burst out a handful of Acts. I only ever did the Acts that I felt like doing - I never completed the hour-long Kuva "don't use a life support" Act, for example.

I didn't do any of it out of FOMO - I did it because I had free time to just relax, so I logged into Warframe, checked the Nightwave alerts... and had something to do.

I could've gone further. I didn't have to go as far as I did.

If you experienced FOMO over Nightwave, you were being irrational. There was more than enough time to reach rank 30. It was possible to get WAY more Standing than you needed to get everything.

The only FOMO flaw in Nightwave was not clearly expressing this to players, meaning that players who didn't take the time to think about it never realized it.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

On 2019-05-20 at 6:23 PM, Almagnus1 said:

Doesn't matter if it's office or manual labor (manual labor is IMO easier to do cause it only leaves you physically exhausted, not mentally drained), but that's barely any work during the week TBH.  And also, 50 hours of work is nothing to complain about, as that's an average work week light work week, and they're (more often than not) longer.

Don't try to talk up what you do for work, especially if it's only 50 hours of work a week.

You're extremely rude and extremely ignorant.

I leave for work at 5:30 because of the commute, which means I need to be up by 4. It's seriously physical labor. If you think it's easier than office work, you've never done it. I've done office work. This is way more exhausting. I work in a weld shop for Toyota, working with raw metal every day, building trucks. I'm on my feet all day, using my muscles every minute I'm on the floor. Literally - because every minute that goes by is another truck that we work on. With the amount of overtime we got, I often do not leave work until 5, at the best. Often 6. I often am not back home until 7.

Notice how I didn't mention AM or PM?

I rotate shifts every two weeks. Meaning the AM and PM flip. I'm currently switching back from night shift, to day shift. This is the most exhausting part of our schedule - not being able to have a regular, steady sleeping rhythm is torture on the human body. Saturday morning I got home at 7. I mention 50 hours because that's all I get paid for. Nobody pays for commutes, and nobody pays for lunch breaks.

And if you think this physical labor doesn't leave me mentally drained, you SERIOUSLY haven't done it. There's a lot that we have to do on the floor besides just use our muscles. Again, I've worked in an office. I'm a computer programmer by trade, and I've done plenty of customer service work from a cubicle - i know what kind of mental challenges office work takes. This isn't any less challenging on the mind.

Don't talk down to other people about the work they have to do when you are completely uninformed about what kind of work they have to do. It's not a good look.

50 hours, also, is not normal, and not light work. Previous generations spent blood, sweat, and tears to fight for the right to a 40 hour work week.

--

The point of all this is simple: with being away from home for 12+ hours daily, and somehow finding a way to fit in 4-6 hours of sleep plus a regular life, I still found time to get Nightwave to rank 50, and that was WITHOUT doing EVERY Act. (Yes, I have "time" for a full 8 hours, but then all I will ever do is work and sleep, and I like to actually have a life, not to mention I like to find SOME way to fit gaming in)

Edited by DrakeWurrum

2 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

If you experienced FOMO over Nightwave, you were being irrational.

You're jumping to conclusions without enough context and information.
Just because YOU had no issues and didn't find things manipulative or troublesome, doesn't mean it wasn't for others.
An analogy:
Your "argument", that you had no issue grinding through Nightwave, is analogous to the people defending loot boxes, that you didn't find them have to psychologically pressured or manipulated you to do things you didn't want to do and you not being turned off by the system, makes you jump to the conclusion that everyone else who has issues is just being irrational, because from your limited viewpoint and lack of empathy that you can't see past, you see nothing bothersome with how the system was structured and presented as a whole to the player.

Good for you that you had no problems, and no doubt you aren't alone, but many found the nightwave system in Series 1 foundationally off-putting to its core.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

It sounds like you don't have a clue.

First off: nobody is claiming superiority for not having problems with the Wolf.
Second: If the Wolf kills you, you're not playing right.

This isn't because you're bad. It's because you're not dodging.

Sentence 1 - Claims previous poster is deficient, meaning present poster is superior

Sentence 2 - Lies about claiming superiority, after claiming superiority on sentence 1

Sentence 3 - Goes right back to claiming superiority

Sentence 4 - More lies about not claiming superiority.

Etc etc. Go back to Troll school, you silly little child. Some of us don't need to lie to look look tuff on an internet forum in front of people we will never meet to have a spark of self confidence, especially when you start trying to bring another poster down from sentence 1, again making yourself look bigger by trying to knock another person you will never meet down 

At a guess you got rolled by the wolf and his invincible helpers from day 1. And were not seen outside low levels with tricked out Rivened gear for the remainder of Nightwave. Am I right? 😄

Some of us have no need to lie our asses off to cover the fact that we have a desperately low self esteem. And some of us are not terrified that people might see that we are not the god player we pretend to be in front of random strangers.

And I bet you will be looking up my stats in game to make out that and crap and therefore what I said is invalid and you are still a Gamur God. Dude, I could be dying on the first wave on the defence at Lith and you would still be a stupid poser, fooling no-one with your "It's 7 inches! Really!" crap. 

Have a blessed day, and may all the blessing of life be upon you.

On 2019-04-28 at 11:09 PM, wgselttls said:

Just some of my own advices:

1.Pls remove all the task that "with your friend".

2.Pls reconsider those task which are impossible to complete for new players (below tier 8). For example, "Gild one item“."Kill the Profit-Taker Orb"

3.Use 3 forma? Fille 3 Ayatana sculptures? If I already use them or fille them before those task appear, it makes me a little bit annoyed.

LET THE NW BECOME FRIENDLY TO NEW PLAYERS, PLS!

Yes this. They said nightwave was supposed to help new players get aura mods and needed things but it sucks for that. So many were impossible or too time consuming. One was help clam who i never heard of before, but in order to do that I had to do a bunch of quests that I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate! Way too time consuming! and it looked like end reward was just a specter that sucked and totes not worth the effort. And... at the same time I had to grind for relics to get stuff from voide trader and get new prime stuff.  And I cant play a lot as  it is.

Another was capture some monster in Plains but I didnt have that either.  I think another is Kuva survival that I didnt see and some other stuff. I think one you have to do the quest for titania which again I really hate because it detracts from things i actually like to do. But i wouldnt have minded doing the quest for new frame but I couldnt get it done in time for that challenge. 

I finally hit burn out and STOPPED PLAYING altogether. litterally cant. 

• Like 1

6 Years of Warfame, highs and lows. I wont lie, I love the game. 

Now my girlfriend plays with me, she farms Ivara.... and cannot get Nitain. *facepalm 1*.
She is no quitter. She scrolls wiki, finds gohoul bounties have 6% chance to give Nitain.
Goes and does bounties. Finally gets reward, team goes for another mission... then you guessed it. Host migration. *facepalm 2*.
The look of disappointment of a woman in  her thirties when hard work goes in vain due to a game glitch.

She then did some missions closed the game and has not played since. 4 days now.

Does DE realize how much I went through to find a stable girlfriend, good looking, not crazy, faithful and plays Warframe? 

Do you know what she went through to get Ivara parts?

Nothing a man can do to help  his woman? I have plat, I have Nitain on my account, cannot buy and gift it, cannot trade it.

How can we survive this, raids were removed, but never before were relevant resources removed from the game. (rare caches and bounty rewards, do not count)

What kind of game design is this? You guys know better. This weekend will be Nitain alert, we have some family time planned. Good timing Warframe.

As a a software engineer I hazard a bet, you guys have Alert system hidden somewhere in the code repositories. Bring it back while Nightwave is down.

Oh and why is Nightwave shop down? She has the points, she could buy it right now, but no,... it is not available in game.

There are a a number of possible solutions available, you bring in the most unreliable one. Weekend Nitain alert. She is 1 part away from Wisp. Oh that requires Nitain again. *facepalm 3*.

Just give Nitain for plat like any normal game and e done with it. Then we can atleast buy it for cash, while we wait for next installment of Nightwave.

P.S.: I still love the game, have 111 Nitain, I just love people who also play the game alongside me. I will be sad to see some of them gone over bad design like this.

• Like 2

So after looking at the resurgence of the old school MMO, I think this video dissecting what's going on with the reward structure actually plays into why I think Nightwave was more of a failure than DE thought it would have been:

Well, to be fair, in the announcement of the end of Nightwave they said to spend all your Wolf Credits now as they would be gone once Nightwave 1 finished. I bought A LOT of Nitain when I read that.

But really they want you to spend plat to buy your GF Ivara... I've never regretted Buying Ivara with money. tbh 😄

Edited by Himodor
  • Like 1

I logged in for some reason the other day after a long break from the game and Nightwave was gone. I was so happy. I don't think I fully appreciated how much I hated that f2p pointless grindy crapfest. Looking forward to playing again. PS, please don't bring it back...ever. You can bring sexy lips back though, could be a good use for that radio in the ship. Wouldn't mind hearing her give a weather forecast or two - know what i'm sayin'? nudge nudge, wink wink.

Edited by Safe4Consumption
  • Like 1