Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

Just found out on the intermission nightwave that it keeps getting worse with the tasks i mean are they Try that youre remember alle the bad stuff you dont even want to do because of how broken the things are or what i see me in a few weeks at the same point i was when i wanted to talk to a brick wall well and it dosend make me happy

And to make things clear in this case i mean the you cant repeat the same mission if you want not to be bother with the long boring and often just broken missions so we have to froce you in to that mission and by the way what was it you have to be mr 5 to play the 5 bountie on the plains so well you cant as an beginner unless the is plaguestar or the ghouls well

Edited by Keiyadan

For Acts related to the open worlds. I'd really prefer if they didn't specify ether Cetus/plains or Fortuna/orbvallis. I have more Fortuna resources than I'll ever need. But I can't say the same for Cetus. So it feels like a massive waste of time when nightwave directs me to mine or fish in the vallis as getting more of those resources gains me nothing except the nightwave standing, which is fine I guess, but it would be nice if it also allowed us to go for what we need at the moment, instead of restricting our choices unnecessarily.

• Like 2

I feel that getting the Gamma Pallet again and the Rift Sigil should be changed for people that already have these rewards, why would I grind for something when two out of three of the major cosmetic rewards are already in my hands? Allow your older players to get x5 forma or 10k Kuva if they have grinded those cosmetics in the past or obtained them.

Edited by Midas

The bounty tasks are now simply worse than before, despite having fewer of them.  I mean why is it that Invasions give credit per stage (each individual mission), yet the bounties require all stages (the equivalent of 3-5 invasion missions).  There really should be no difference between the two as they are functionally the same result (do a chapter of the overall story).

As to forma, this really needs to simply be "Obtain/Gain # Forma".  This then achieves the exact same result as now ("use 3 forma"). 
This (obtaining forma) works much better because most players will use forma they have created when they need to (the goal of the current task), rather than feel pressured to either use it on gear they don't want to use it on, or hold off using forma at all until the 'use forma' task shows up.  Either result means delaying the way players do things and adds a feeling of resentment towards the game as it removes the optimal choice for the player.
On top of that it makes the 3 forma bundle gained via the Nightwave actually feel like a reward, but also link into further rewards.

Edited by Loswaith

Can we please please please ditch the Forma/Sculpture challenges completely?

Forcing people to forma things just encourages the cruddy optimal affinity farm grind that you guys apparently hate, and expends resources in a way that people might not want to spend, since polarizing things isn't always good. Don't force me to strain to think of what weapon to pointlessly polarize, and then have to level up again so I can use the damn thing, or polarize something I don't care about and basically waste the forma just to tick a box. I still have freshly polarized things in my inventory from the first run through because I don't have the motivation to go and grind them out again. The thought of doing so makes me just want to give up and go play the OTHER PoE.

And with the sculptures, remove it. Entirely. Do you know why? Because now I can't slot my damn sculptures without thinking 'But what if there's a sculpture challenge next week'. I don't get sculptures that often, so each and every goddamn one of them I need to wait and save unslotted regardless of how much I'd like that Endo to actually upgrade things and make progress, because every sculpture I slot is another one I need to bust my ass trying to find to satisfy a dumb challenge.

Hell, replace it with 'find ayatan stars' or something, those things are everywhere. Or 'Acquire X Endo', making sculptures a WAY to complete it but not OBLIGATE, and encourages something useful and progressive rather than RESTRICTING your progression so you can tick a goddamn box.

Just get rid of them, please. They're awful.

2 hours ago, WarcellPrime said:

Why do you even ask players? Just look at telemetry lol. If players do not complete some challenges it means they suck and needs to be fixed.

Some people will complete the acts, DESPITE how bad they are, because the REWARDS for doing it are too much to pass up. It does not make the required acts any better, or even good. It's the whole "FOMO" thing because they're the ONLY way to get the rewards for those points, because you need those points.

So, no, going off completion records of player activity would not be a good way to determine whether or not an act needs to be fixed.

It's like saying "Hey, look at all these people who are willing to be garbage men to earn money! People must love the smell of garbage, getting up early in the morning, working in any sort of weather, and being looked down upon in society for having a menial job!"

So yeah... no.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cyclouros said:

It's all fine, just get rid of the mining/fishing tasks. They are 120% pointless now that tuskthumpers and exploiter orbs are a thing.

Cetus fishing is fine, except standing gated part of baits.

On 2019-06-20 at 5:02 AM, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Some people will complete the acts, DESPITE how bad they are, because the REWARDS for doing it are too much to pass up. It does not make the required acts any better, or even good. It's the whole "FOMO" thing because they're the ONLY way to get the rewards for those points, because you need those points.

So, no, going off completion records of player activity would not be a good way to determine whether or not an act needs to be fixed.

It's like saying "Hey, look at all these people who are willing to be garbage men to earn money! People must love the smell of garbage, getting up early in the morning, working in any sort of weather, and being looked down upon in society for having a menial job!"

So yeah... no.

yes but the data will still reflect what missions people don't like. Because the fomo players that wanna get through it as fast as possible will do every single challenge. other fomo players that are more patient will only do as many missions as they need to to guarantee they get every reward by the end, avoiding ones they hate. and non-fomo players will only do acts they don't hate. this'll create clear tiers of distinction between what acts players are okay with and which ones are a dumpster fire. as long as they look at percentage differences between acts. Not seeing "oh some thousand players cleared this one therefor its a hit" but instead see "oh this is the least cleared act available by a wide margine maybe there's something wrong with it"

What's great about warframe before nightwave came out, was you had choice of what you wanted to do. For e.g. I love fissures, but I hate fishing. Well I could farm fissures all day, sell prime stuff for platinum and then buy fish. Now I *HAVE* to farm fish when i despise it. So essentially, I went from liking warframe to despising it.

• Like 1

On 2019-06-22 at 5:36 PM, CrazyDarkSonic said:

I want to ask:

200 nora creds is the maximum we will have for this intermission, right? no extras for any future live stream drops or anything?

Also, all cred offering(currently available or not) are the same from the 1º season, minus wolf decoration?

The wisp alt helm showed up today, so that's one new thing.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

The wisp alt helm showed up today, so that's one new thing.

Ya, finally man.

The 3 Sortie Elite Challenge kinda feels like a slap in the face. If it was defeat Profit Taker/Tridolon I would have the Eidolon Step today.

Warframe will always cater to casual players and casual players generally want and enjoy nightwave. Since nightwave is catered toward casuals, then please leave end game rewards out of nightwave. So that end-game players can ignore Nightwave all together. In the end this is better because these end-game players will not burn out and continue to play warframe. I've been playing warframe steadily for 4 years now. I did take occasional breaks but they only ever lasted 1 to 2 weeks. Now I find myself taking longer breaks more frequently.

Edited by ThePHiLsTeR

3 hours ago, ThePHiLsTeR said:

Warframe will always cater to casual players and casual players generally want and enjoy nightwave. Since nightwave is catered toward casuals, then please leave end game rewards out of nightwave. So that end-game players can ignore Nightwave all together. In the end this is better because these end-game players will not burn out and continue to play warframe. I've been playing warframe steadily for 4 years now. I did take occasional breaks but they only ever lasted 1 to 2 weeks. Now I find myself taking longer breaks more frequently.

How would one define 'end-game players'? By their mission play-time; other stats; or their fashion for those that value the decoration aspect of the game?

On 2019-06-23 at 4:33 PM, ThePHiLsTeR said:

What's great about warframe before nightwave came out, was you had choice of what you wanted to do. For e.g. I love fissures, but I hate fishing. Well I could farm fissures all day, sell prime stuff for platinum and then buy fish. Now I *HAVE* to farm fish when i despise it. So essentially, I went from liking warframe to despising it.

Correction, you have to farm SIX fish, but if you know what you're doing it will only take five minutes. 

I think the main thing about Nightwave was that season two was delayed for so long. If it flowed from one to another there wouldn t have been a big of an issue.

Edited by (XB1)Shodian

12 hours ago, ThePHiLsTeR said:

casual players generally want and enjoy nightwave

That doesn't seem right. A lot of people complain they don't have the time for nightwave because they are casual. The catch-up mech will make things easier for them and might see less post due to it.

I will agree that other than resources, and event specific gear there is "end game rewards" that feel odd to be in there. They need more credits so people get can nitatin, mods, potatos, and skins know and loved by the alerts.

• Like 1

On 2019-06-20 at 4:48 PM, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Gilding a weapon is a horrible task. Remove it.

Gilding anything is an absolute joke, lol Leveling stuff up twice has got to be the poorest attempt at dragging out content I have ever seen from any Developer and also means if I do start playing again(If alerts return maybe I will as well) I will never bother touching amps apart from the meta one, kits guns, robots, zaws or hoverboards or anything else that uses this hideous mechanic I don't mind missing out on MR. Probably not be returning for any serious play though, just don't find this new system enjoyable without alerts and our affinity bonuses feels more like it was designed to slow down progression and cut down on rewards than actually offering some fun new game play. What more without alerts to break up the defense and survival missions I normally ran it has seriously killed the fun for me. I am an odd one though, before Nightwave without fail I'd do the Sortie everyday, now that its become an item on the chore list I hate them and stay clear.

Do hope this game becomes great again but sadly until DE lose a serious amount of players I can't see them wanting to make it fun and will keep up the 11+ grind with crappy new game mechanics.

Lol really all they had to do was keep alerts and run Nightwave alongside it for those who wanted to take part. Options. But nope all they care about is the money and not the players.

11 hours ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

Leveling stuff up twice has got to be the poorest attempt at dragging out content I have ever seen from any Developer

That's actually not true, you have to just guild the weapon. After building the parts, which just takes a half hour, I took just that weapon to a high level spy mission. Took me around 4 to 5 missions to get it to max. It's really not that hard, plus just discard the weapon afterwards.

11 hours ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

But nope all they care about is the money and not the players.

Don't know how you are getting that from Nightwave. 

14 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

That's actually not true, you have to just guild the weapon. After building the parts, which just takes a half hour, I took just that weapon to a high level spy mission. Took me around 4 to 5 missions to get it to max. It's really not that hard, plus just discard the weapon afterwards.

Don't know how you are getting that from Nightwave. 

As for guild I meant to actually unlock the MR xp from it not just the Nightwave Challenge, which you need to level the weapon up twice to complete, dragging out content.

as for not knowing how im getting that impression from Nightwave read my previous posts its pretty obvious how I've draw that conclusion, mainly from the large amount of extra effort required to get the same things as before.