Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

20 minutes ago, (PS4)KutManDiego1031 said:

I started nightwave as noob in season one and became a semi-vet while playing it tought me the premis of the game nd i got very comfortable with the elite challenges nd felt they were more rewarding with elite challenges being worth (9,000 Vageeta voice) and 5,000 for weekly task. The first week of series 2 i completed all but the modular guild nd only went up 3 lvls with elites now being 7k nd 4500 for weekly is simply just a grinfest  and it just plain ol sucks. Ps to make it easy for noobs why not base challeges off of mastery rank to avoid repeats of annoying task.

Elite were only 9000 for Intermission they were 5k and normal were 3k for season 1.

Also Mastery rank is not a measure of skill in this game, it's a measure of how much of the items in the game you have levelled up.

Edited by (XB1)Tatakai no Kami

4 hours ago, (PS4)RWalls91 said:

I have no daily challenge either, but I did get the do 3 captures 'jailer' mission even though it isn't showing in the nightwave screen. Gave me 4500 nightwave standing.

I have the exact same situation here. I discovered the "Jailer" challenge accidentally when I happened to run a capture mission.

If DE want to take a few things away from all of this, it is probably that:

• Generally speaking, players seem prepared to spend 5 minutes (max) in a mission or on a task to gain 7k standing
  • Daily tasks must be things a player can get without even trying if all they pay is 1k standing.
    • If you want players to really get excited.. make a daily payout based on difficulty so completing something within a day could pay 10k standing but the task is crazy difficult so they feel a real rush... Elite Daily?
  • Players aren't down for consuming forma as a "challenge"
  • Players aren't down for guilding (often re-guilding) clones of their existing weapons / modular items as a "challenge"

Since Series 2 has dropped, I want to just repeat my previous feedback from earlier in the thread, as I still feel exactly the same way...

• Creds should be rewarded at *every* Nightwave rank, instead of being specific rewards - they are underwhelming as a reward, and the Cred Offerings are too expensive for Cred to be trickled out
  • The following should be added to Cred Offerings: Forma BPs, Exilus Adapters, 3-day boosters, mod packs, relic packs, randomized Orbiter decorations, Assassin beacons (We've seen Wolf, but not the others), Warframe/Weapon/Robotic Companion/Stasis slots (let us buy slots when we need them, rather than being randomly rewarded them at specific tiers)
  • Which Acts you get should be dependent upon your starchart progression (namely which Junctions you've unlocked) and your quest progression (so newbies don't get an Index challenge, or get told to kill Exploiter Orb, when they have no idea what those are)
  • We should be able to "decline" Acts we don't want to do, with a per-week limit on how many we can decline (based on MR?), causing it to change to a different Act of similar difficulty

27 minutes ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

• Generally speaking, players seem prepared to spend 5 minutes (max) in a mission or on a task to gain 7k standing
  • Daily tasks must be things a player can get without even trying if all they pay is 1k standing.
    • If you want players to really get excited.. make a daily payout based on difficulty so completing something within a day could pay 10k standing but the task is crazy difficult so they feel a real rush... Elite Daily?
  • Players aren't down for guilding (often re-guilding) clones of their existing weapons / modular items as a "challenge"

They removed gilding from the challenge list from this week on. Dunno about Forma, but probably.

On 2019-07-15 at 4:25 AM, Test-995 said:

Weekly act: help clem with his weekly mission.

...did you ever thought about people who just finished that missions before nightwave rotation? i think time gated thing like this shouldn't be in weekly?

Wait... if you completed that before the rotation, doesn't that mean the Clem quest would have reset with it? Nightwave always resets exactly on Sunday with the daily Standing reset. Doesn't Clem quest reset at the same time?

Edited by DrakeWurrum

10 hours ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or facetious or whatever. The last 2 are legit concerns, while the first two are just self entitled and lazy. You're basically saying "reward me for doing nothing." That's what the daily log in rewards are for.

Did anyone else complete the Kill 30 eximus or the complete 1 sortie and not get the 4500 standing? I just completed both in one mission and only went up 4.5k not 9000. So I don't know which is bugged.

14 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or facetious or whatever. The last 2 are legit concerns, while the first two are just self entitled and lazy. You're basically saying "reward me for doing nothing." That's what the daily log in rewards are for.

Did anyone else complete the Kill 30 eximus or the complete 1 sortie and not get the 4500 standing? I just completed both in one mission and only went up 4.5k not 9000. So I don't know which is bugged.

Either way it was a faster also being new player nightwave wave helps earn game trophies that would intimate beginners. As far mastery there are places yu cant go weapons yu cant use so obviously it is if missoins are based around this it would more for our new tenno tht way they struggle  to run thru quest with S#&$ty mr ranking no access to the good stuff cuz they thought it was a run thru game.

I think the biggest problem with Nightwave is that the Acts feel like a list of chores to complete. The old Alert system made it feel like there was meaning behind what we were doing, like the world was alive. I felt like I was contributing to the balance of the system, and I fail to see how bullet jumping 150 times helps in any way.

I've put together a solution, with the help of my clan and others that have posted on the post, for reworking Nightwave @[DE]Bear. This concept is still in its development phase, but it solves a majority of complaints with the current system, helps tie Nightwave together to the rest of Warframe, and would provide content to new and old players alike. Please consider looking at the concept and we would love to hear your feedback.

• Like 2

This season is boring, but incredibly fast and easy, which is probably what the rework was aiming for to quell the screechers complaining about S1.

I say it doesn't need any more changes, minus perhaps letting us swap out certain acts with more interesting/difficult ones.  For instance, if you don't want to scan flowers, you can change it to something like "kill the Profit Taker" or an add-in "survive an hour in Mot."

• Like 2

5 hours ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

This season is boring, but incredibly fast and easy, which is probably what the rework was aiming for to quell the screechers complaining about S1.

I say it doesn't need any more changes, minus perhaps letting us swap out certain acts with more interesting/difficult ones.  For instance, if you don't want to scan flowers, you can change it to something like "kill the Profit Taker" or an add-in "survive an hour in Mot."

Allow us to swap specific act that you don't like to something you like?

Why not just allow us to choose whatever we want at that point?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

With something harder.

Well. in that case only way to make it harder is change it to something like "kill 3 spectres from each apothic (9 apothics total)", since everything else could be easier for someone, at least for me both of things you listed were easier than plant scanning.

So I got the new Convectrix mod a few days ago, and my first thought was that i wanted to go have some fun with it an pop a forma in it to do a decent build. but then I had to stop, and do nothing because any forma I put in it now will be wasted, and I have to wait for the next 3 forma task to come around.

So I though what if the forma, and Ayatan sculpture tasks ( we know this will pop up again) are actually implemented as season long tasks. This would accomplish two things, first it would allow people to forma items as they wish and it would also give a time frame for the length of the Night wave season.

Say the forma task was use forma 9 times during the season with it showing the 10-12 week expiry time. and it would be worth the complete amount of standing.

People would see the length of the season and be able to calculate how much standing they need, and it would alleviate the irrational FOMO.

14 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

So I got the new Convectrix mod a few days ago, and my first thought was that i wanted to go have some fun with it an pop a forma in it to do a decent build. but then I had to stop, and do nothing because any forma I put in it now will be wasted, and I have to wait for the next 3 forma task to come around.

So I though what if the forma, and Ayatan sculpture tasks ( we know this will pop up again) are actually implemented as season long tasks. This would accomplish two things, first it would allow people to forma items as they wish and it would also give a time frame for the length of the Night wave season.

Say the forma task was use forma 9 times during the season with it showing the 10-12 week expiry time. and it would be worth the complete amount of standing.

People would see the length of the season and be able to calculate how much standing they need, and it would alleviate the irrational FOMO.

I will never not genuinely despise to forma act for as ling as it exists. but this is at least a better implementation of it. the BIG problem with it is some people just don't have anything they want to forma anymore. so its just a huge waste of resources. the atayan one I agree with 100% as long as it only asks you to fill a number of atayans less than or equal to (preferably less than) the number of weeks the nightwave runs. I never did have a big problem with the atayan one. It's not such a big hassle to just save them up if you're doing the weekly and run into the occasional one during a mission. I barely play random missions and I still run into a decent amount of them in the wild, and my luck is horrendous.

On 2019-07-19 at 4:16 AM, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

And here's me just adding forma to stuff because I want stronger gear. The challenge is just an excuse to be rewarded for doing what I would probably do anyway. 

Maybe you guys need to explain to me how having a self-imposed irrational fear of missing out on something, a fear so powerful that it is paralysing you, and preventing you from enjoying your game, is a good thing? 

I just don't see how worrying about that 15 Arlo-creds you might get from the prestige rank is worth it. Because let's face it, that's what we are really risking if we skip one or two non-elite challenges in a given week. 

So.... How's that fomo working out for you? 

9 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And here's me just adding forma to stuff because I want stronger gear. The challenge is just an excuse to be rewarded for doing what I would probably do anyway. 

Maybe you guys need to explain to me how having a self-imposed irrational fear of missing out on something, a fear so powerful that it is paralysing you, and preventing you from enjoying your game, is a good thing? 

I just don't see how worrying about that 15 Arlo-creds you might get from the prestige rank is worth it. Because let's face it, that's what we are really risking if we skip one or two non-elite challenges in a given week. 

So.... How's that fomo working out for you? 

See that's not FOMO. That's me understanding how Nightwave works. And knowing that If I forma stuff now, I'll have nothing to forma in the future. So I have to wait.
I'm not worried about prestige, I wasn't worried about it last time, Once I hit 30 and got a few ranks to add the credits to what I already had left from the first 30 so I could buy something I stopped doing night wave.

But this is the thing, whether it is slotting Ayatan sculptures or using Forma, these tasks in Night Wave are creating a wait to play system. it's not a fear of missing out, it's knowledge that if you wait, you will be rewarded.

Unfortunately you lack the ability to comprehend that.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

it's knowledge that if you wait, you will be rewarded.

Warframe has always been like that. NW just reinforces it. That's why I've always been an advocate of more choice. Rework those alerts. Put alerts back in the game. Give us more tac alerts more often. Rework the old events, bring those back. And all the while NW can still be NW. But now we have more choice. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Warframe has always been like that. NW just reinforces it. That's why I've always been an advocate of more choice. Rework those alerts. Put alerts back in the game. Give us more tac alerts more often. Rework the old events, bring those back. And all the while NW can still be NW. But now we have more choice. 

i don't think DE would ever allow players to have THAT much possible income, it would run plat value basically into the ground for most tennos or at least thos not interested in cosmetics

On 2019-07-15 at 6:17 AM, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

It should have reset the same time was the nightwave.

This is not the case with the Clem quest. Clem resets either before Nightwave or one week after you do it. Because I'm one of the people that did it before refresh last week and now I'm still waiting for it to pop back up. Hopefully the catch-up option will bring it back up for me if I finish another weekly set, but it's still annoying not being able to complete the weekly the first time around because of screwy timers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

See that's not FOMO. That's me understanding how Nightwave works. And knowing that If I forma stuff now, I'll have nothing to forma in the future. So I have to wait.
I'm not worried about prestige, I wasn't worried about it last time, Once I hit 30 and got a few ranks to add the credits to what I already had left from the first 30 so I could buy something I stopped doing night wave.

But this is the thing, whether it is slotting Ayatan sculptures or using Forma, these tasks in Night Wave are creating a wait to play system. it's not a fear of missing out, it's knowledge that if you wait, you will be rewarded.

Unfortunately you lack the ability to comprehend that.

Well the only reason you've presented for "waiting to play" is that if you do it before demanded to by the challenges, then you won't get rewarded for completing a challenge. Since the only reason to complete the challenges is nightwave standing, what you're describing is just a "fear of missing out" by a different name. 

But you now say that you don't fear missing out on the nightwave rewards. So there's not much reason to not go ahead and do what you want to do, instead of waiting in the hopes that you may be rewarded. So.... Yeah, I do lack the ability to comprehend illogical actions that run contrary to your other statements. 

That's why I said:

19 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

See? 

6 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

The 9 invasions one is easy. Just do Phorid, it usually takes 1 minute per mission.

Of course it's easy. They're all easy. There's a difference between easy and tedious. I'd complain if it were 20 capture missions. Sure, it's easy, but come on, we were told less is more.

On 2019-07-20 at 9:27 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

It's NOT self imposed, its involuntary, and it's NOT a good thing. that's why so many people hate nightwave so much. If we LIKED it we wouldn't all be *@##$ing about it.

Asking that is like asking someone with depression "why don't you just not be sad?" or asking someone with insomnia "why don't you just sleep?". It dosn't work like that. You can't just cure someone of a mental block by stating its not good to have it. Obviously those are significantly worse problems than this but the analogy works. We can't just slip a switch and not feel this way.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Well the only reason you've presented for "waiting to play" is that if you do it before demanded to by the challenges, then you won't get rewarded for completing a challenge. Since the only reason to complete the challenges is nightwave standing, what you're describing is just a "fear of missing out" by a different name.

Not really. It's more like not buying a game at launch because you know its gonna get a bunch of dlc, and then re-release later for the same price with all the dlc bundled with it (like many mainline bethesda games). so you wait for that dlc bundle so you get more for your money. It's about knowing that later you'll be able to spend the same amount of resources for a bigger gain if you just wait, and if you don't, you'll have to spend more to get that gain, or just not get it at all.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

We were also told Nightwave would be "get rewards passively as you play", but that was clearly false advertising.

The assumption was that you are a hardcore grinder...