[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

I think the biggest problem with Nightwave is that the Acts feel like a list of chores to complete. The old Alert system made it feel like there was meaning behind what we were doing, like the world was alive. I felt like I was contributing to the balance of the system, and I fail to see how bullet jumping 150 times helps in any way.

I've put together a solution, with the help of my clan and others that have posted on the post, for reworking Nightwave @[DE]Bear. This concept is still in its development phase, but it solves a majority of complaints with the current system, helps tie Nightwave together to the rest of Warframe, and would provide content to new and old players alike. Please consider looking at the concept and we would love to hear your feedback.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

This season is boring, but incredibly fast and easy, which is probably what the rework was aiming for to quell the screechers complaining about S1.

I say it doesn't need any more changes, minus perhaps letting us swap out certain acts with more interesting/difficult ones.  For instance, if you don't want to scan flowers, you can change it to something like "kill the Profit Taker" or an add-in "survive an hour in Mot."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

This season is boring, but incredibly fast and easy, which is probably what the rework was aiming for to quell the screechers complaining about S1.

I say it doesn't need any more changes, minus perhaps letting us swap out certain acts with more interesting/difficult ones.  For instance, if you don't want to scan flowers, you can change it to something like "kill the Profit Taker" or an add-in "survive an hour in Mot."

Allow us to swap specific act that you don't like to something you like?

Why not just allow us to choose whatever we want at that point?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

With something harder.

Well. in that case only way to make it harder is change it to something like "kill 3 spectres from each apothic (9 apothics total)", since everything else could be easier for someone, at least for me both of things you listed were easier than plant scanning.

So I got the new Convectrix mod a few days ago, and my first thought was that i wanted to go have some fun with it an pop a forma in it to do a decent build. but then I had to stop, and do nothing because any forma I put in it now will be wasted, and I have to wait for the next 3 forma task to come around.

So I though what if the forma, and Ayatan sculpture tasks ( we know this will pop up again) are actually implemented as season long tasks. This would accomplish two things, first it would allow people to forma items as they wish and it would also give a time frame for the length of the Night wave season.

Say the forma task was use forma 9 times during the season with it showing the 10-12 week expiry time. and it would be worth the complete amount of standing.

People would see the length of the season and be able to calculate how much standing they need, and it would alleviate the irrational FOMO.

• Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

So I got the new Convectrix mod a few days ago, and my first thought was that i wanted to go have some fun with it an pop a forma in it to do a decent build. but then I had to stop, and do nothing because any forma I put in it now will be wasted, and I have to wait for the next 3 forma task to come around.

So I though what if the forma, and Ayatan sculpture tasks ( we know this will pop up again) are actually implemented as season long tasks. This would accomplish two things, first it would allow people to forma items as they wish and it would also give a time frame for the length of the Night wave season.

Say the forma task was use forma 9 times during the season with it showing the 10-12 week expiry time. and it would be worth the complete amount of standing.

People would see the length of the season and be able to calculate how much standing they need, and it would alleviate the irrational FOMO.

I will never not genuinely despise to forma act for as ling as it exists. but this is at least a better implementation of it. the BIG problem with it is some people just don't have anything they want to forma anymore. so its just a huge waste of resources. the atayan one I agree with 100% as long as it only asks you to fill a number of atayans less than or equal to (preferably less than) the number of weeks the nightwave runs. I never did have a big problem with the atayan one. It's not such a big hassle to just save them up if you're doing the weekly and run into the occasional one during a mission. I barely play random missions and I still run into a decent amount of them in the wild, and my luck is horrendous.