Jump to content
[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

Recommended Posts

For me, invasion was fine but nightmare wasn't, mostly because every nightmare mods are pretty much worthless (since we can just buy those and doesn't cost that much anyways) while fieldron/mutagen/detonite is rather useful for lazy person who didn't want to do invasion.

Also plant scanning wasn't fun at all, somehow i'll get sick by that periodical wallhack and first person view, as well as coloring/sound, also the fact we can't make it faster with other player was something i don't like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Let's see... how about... in a game that's not challenging to begin with, instead of artificially padding "elite" challenges by increasing the required number of completed missions, DE could either rework some challenge into the base mechanics, or in the absence of such, not go for such terms as "elite", and thereby not require said artificial padding.

If you go by the dictionary definition....then the elite challenge are elite. 

  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Please tell me:
How is asking to do 9 invasions "awful"?

And please tell me how many you would need for an "elite" weekly?  1 invasion for 7K standing?
Or do you just want it for signing in for the day?

DE has reduced the actually annoying challenges, the 60 minute survivals, the 5 sorties, and so on.

But come on.
They are asking you to do 9 invasions or 10 nightmares.
That isn't a lot.
Its not like that challenge will take hours to do or o is some monstrously tedious piece of work.

If DE kept listening to players like you every last nightwave would just be:
Sign into the game for 4.5K standing
Play one capture mission for 7K standing
And so on.

I want to do 16 waves of eso instead of invasion or nightmares, but of course nightwave never gonna get a such freedom of choice.

You guys are always talking like we want something easier or faster, in fact we just want to do whatever we want for full standing.

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kenobi_000001 said:

All this debate about FOMO (fear of missing out) misses a point that should be fairly obvious. Whether the FOMO is rational or not, Nightwave is designed specifically to exploit FOMO. The entire basis of the system is limited-time tasks for limited time rewards.

By that definition, virtually every aspect of the gaming industry is based on some form of fear of missing out. 

In the case of Nightwave, the very length of availability mitigates most of "limited time" aspects that people are claiming. Especially when we realise that we need only a fraction of the available standing from the Nightwave. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

It is a very simple equation in my book:

Wait and spend 3 forma only when it's a Nightwave Act, and get rewarded...
(delaying the benefits of the forma'd gear that you want to use right now, but have other viable options to use in the meantime, so no rush really.)
or
Spend 3 forma when it's not rewarded by Nightwave? Thus, getting no benefit from the use of Forma except the reduced slot cost.

Yes, that is a simple equation.... Perhaps too simple. You removed the intrinsic value of a forma'd piece of gear. And I figure we both know how much more power that brings to the table. Having access to a more powerful piece of gear, earlier, is sort of a significant factor in our community. 

How many Hyldrin's did we see, before she was farmable? Yeah, folk could have waited for it if they wanted to, and many of us did. Others chose to avoid waiting. Do you really think their answer to the equation, "wrong"? 

5 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

PS: The fact that it CAN be skipped and still get the ladder rewards, IF you can make up for the lost points from other acts (which is clearly not a universal thing as many people, including my friend, missed out on the last few ladder rank rewards in season 1) does NOT mean we can sit idly by and say "oh yeah, it's perfectly fine for garbage acts to exist, because we can just skip them." The more of these bad acts that exist, the more that we're inclined to skip - so rather than encouraging us to play, they encourage us to skip.

If only they would add a "catch-up" mechanic to the current season, so that people would be allowed to do challenges that they missed.... Wait a minute! By Jove! They have added that! 

BTW, look at the replies to the thread you're responding to. People are claiming that they're being 'forced', 'psychologically warfared', etc.. You may want to be careful when you suggest that they make us want to 'play even more'. 

  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You have a week for these things.

just split it up between doing other activities.

Edited by KokoroWish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Test-995 said:

in fact we just want to do whatever we want for full standing.

I want to get NW rep for killing some Hive in D2.

This is as unreasonable as doing whatever you want.

  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Please tell me:
How is asking to do 9 invasions "awful"?

And please tell me how many you would need for an "elite" weekly?  1 invasion for 7K standing?
Or do you just want it for signing in for the day?

DE has reduced the actually annoying challenges, the 60 minute survivals, the 5 sorties, and so on.

But come on.
They are asking you to do 9 invasions or 10 nightmares.
That isn't a lot.
Its not like that challenge will take hours to do or o is some monstrously tedious piece of work.

If DE kept listening to players like you every last nightwave would just be:
Sign into the game for 4.5K standing
Play one capture mission for 7K standing
And so on.

 How many invasions does an experienced player typically do in a week?  How much invasion content do they really need to accomplish for themselves?  The answer is probably somewhere between none and less than nine per week.  Same with nightmare missions.  How many does an experienced player do unless tasked with something outside of the nightmare reward system?

Folks that think this is a challenge issue are, well....challenged.  How many Mercury missions does your average experienced player partake in per week?  The answer is probably none, or somewhere near it.  Nightmares and invasions are no more difficult to these same people than a Mercury mission.  An "elite" weekly tasking me to do ten Mercury missions would be of the same caliber as these other "challenges".  So yes, they are a monstrously tedious piece of work.

On that note, some folks have mentioned a more "do as you want" type attitude toward nightwave.  I don't think that's such a bad idea.  Some things that would work toward that:

1.  Kill counts.  Could be total kills.  Could be Corpus, or Grineer, or Infested.  Could be boss kills.  We see a little bit of this already, but at this point, players could choose.

2.  Damage type kills.  Yes, we get them as dailies.  What if we had piles of these, they'd have synergy with kill count missions for specific enemies, and that's a plus.

3.  Resources gathered.  Sure, mining, fishing, or just plain picking up drops.  Maybe high numbers for commons, low ones for more rare, etc.  Maybe get 10k kuva/cryotic.  Get'em as you go.

4.  Mission completions.  Not necessarily a specific type, but simply set a number--complete twenty missions this week, Tenno(for example)!

I'm sure there are plenty more.  None of these are harder than what has been given to us, and with a proper number assigned to them, they can easily be the same or more missions than what was given. 

What they also do is entirely open end the process.  Yeah, you could kill five hundred Corpus by doing nine invasions, or you could do it in one sitting of a longer survival, or you could do it with a visit or five to the Vallis.  A kill count like that could offer you the exact same content in any combination you'd want it to.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

I want to get NW rep for killing some Hive in D2.

This is as unreasonable as doing whatever you want.

I don't see any problem except D2 isn't warframe at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

I don't see any problem except D2 isn't warframe at all.

Neither my example nor yours does what the system is designed to do: make you, the player, play as much of Warframe as possible. We all have our favorite parts of the game but DE cannot and will not reward you for just doing the bits you want to do. There's no point to development continuing if that is the case.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, peterc3 said:

Neither my example nor yours does what the system is designed to do: make you, the player, play as much of Warframe as possible. We all have our favorite parts of the game but DE cannot and will not reward you for just doing the bits you want to do. There's no point to development continuing if that is the case.

Yeah, i don't care, that means nighwave was bad from the design i guess, we usually play new content at least once anyways, i think they should try other way to encourage doing old content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thrymm said:

 How many invasions does an experienced player typically do in a week?  How much invasion content do they really need to accomplish for themselves?  The answer is probably somewhere between none and less than nine per week.  Same with nightmare missions.  How many does an experienced player do unless tasked with something outside of the nightmare reward system?

Folks that think this is a challenge issue are, well....challenged.  How many Mercury missions does your average experienced player partake in per week?  The answer is probably none, or somewhere near it.  Nightmares and invasions are no more difficult to these same people than a Mercury mission.  An "elite" weekly tasking me to do ten Mercury missions would be of the same caliber as these other "challenges".  So yes, they are a monstrously tedious piece of work.

On that note, some folks have mentioned a more "do as you want" type attitude toward nightwave.  I don't think that's such a bad idea.  Some things that would work toward that:

1.  Kill counts.  Could be total kills.  Could be Corpus, or Grineer, or Infested.  Could be boss kills.  We see a little bit of this already, but at this point, players could choose.

2.  Damage type kills.  Yes, we get them as dailies.  What if we had piles of these, they'd have synergy with kill count missions for specific enemies, and that's a plus.

3.  Resources gathered.  Sure, mining, fishing, or just plain picking up drops.  Maybe high numbers for commons, low ones for more rare, etc.  Maybe get 10k kuva/cryotic.  Get'em as you go.

4.  Mission completions.  Not necessarily a specific type, but simply set a number--complete twenty missions this week, Tenno(for example)!

I'm sure there are plenty more.  None of these are harder than what has been given to us, and with a proper number assigned to them, they can easily be the same or more missions than what was given. 

What they also do is entirely open end the process.  Yeah, you could kill five hundred Corpus by doing nine invasions, or you could do it in one sitting of a longer survival, or you could do it with a visit or five to the Vallis.  A kill count like that could offer you the exact same content in any combination you'd want it to.

Great points made here, folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Please tell me:
How is asking to do 9 invasions "awful"?

And please tell me how many you would need for an "elite" weekly?  1 invasion for 7K standing?
Or do you just want it for signing in for the day?

DE has reduced the actually annoying challenges, the 60 minute survivals, the 5 sorties, and so on.

But come on.
They are asking you to do 9 invasions or 10 nightmares.
That isn't a lot.
Its not like that challenge will take hours to do or o is some monstrously tedious piece of work.

If DE kept listening to players like you every last nightwave would just be:
Sign into the game for 4.5K standing
Play one capture mission for 7K standing
And so on.

Warframe is a video game, not a job.

  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, marelooke said:

And you purposefully misconstruing their words despite them making it abundantly clear that depression is a significantly worse problem is really bottom barrel.

My apologies for getting angry there, but people abusing an illness (that I am all too familiar with) for their own gain angers me.

In terms of tips that I can offer you, coming in handy when discussing things over the internet – just because he stated that it is not the same, yet still comparing it in the same post, still, at the end of the day, is comparison with depression. You just got manipulated into thinking that it isn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh I'd just like an alternate route. Like, you get standard or alternate challenges. Standard being 9 invasions/10 nightmares. Alternate being, say, complete a tricap or survive 12 rotations in a nightmare endless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Test-995 said:

I don't see any problem except D2 isn't warframe at all.

Congratulations, you figured out the point that they were making. Kinda. 

59 minutes ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

Warframe is a video game, not a job.

If you really think that playing a video game, doing a few missions of your choosing per day, lasting a cumulative 2-3 hours per week, at any point in time that you choose, is anything close to having "a job", you're in for a very rude awakening. If you are just using hyperbole, because you have been watching too much youtu.be and figure that being over dramatic is a good idea, you should maybe consider not doing that. 

 

Good luck, Tenno. 

  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Autongnosis said:

Tbh I'd just like an alternate route. Like, you get standard or alternate challenges. Standard being 9 invasions/10 nightmares. Alternate being, say, complete a tricap or survive 12 rotations in a nightmare endless. 

Would be nice personally, but not for the community I figure. 

What I mean is that I have seen enough people who just wouldn't be able to pass some of the challenges on their own being carried in public missions, because everyone needs to get them done at around the same time. 

If there's a fishing challenge, the newbs with no bait, benefit from the fact I toss them out like candy. Nightmare missions are tough for newbs, but a single veteran can carry a squad with ease. Plains bounties can be tough on weaker players (especially with those thumpers), except for when one dude takes them down solo, just because they figured everyone can do with some extra fish guts. The "no score index", yeah, helps when someone knows what they're doing. 

All of these things are taken for granted, but are hard on newbs, having others along helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alerts were better because I could ignore them till I needed something they offered without the feeling of missing out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chaemyerelis said:

Alerts were better because I could ignore them till I needed something they offered without the feeling of missing out.

Except for when you needed something, and weren't online at whatever gods-forsaken hour? Or logged in, just to see the alerts expiring? Or knew that you didn't have the node unlocked, and needed to see if you could find a taxi? 

The alert rewards are now pretty much guaranteed to be "do what you feel like doing whenever you feel like doing it". 

The "event specific rewards" are what we're all pushing ourselves to get, not the alert rewards. And those were always "you can participate and get some neat rewards, or skip it if you choose", but at least with the long duration, it's going to be around for a couple of months, and you won't miss out on everything if you are away for the weekend. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having issues with progress getting lost.  Did a defense mission where I got 150/150 mag kills, got the little Nora "You did it, you're epic!" scene played, etc.  Go back to ship, go to next mission, start back at 0/150 and counting up.  Had several missions where I didn't get 150/150 and it reset.  Finally got it done last night (and it checked off).  Last night doing spy missions for the weekly, first mission, got the 8/8 hacks daily.  Finished mission, went to next spy mission, started over at 0/8 hacked.  Counted the second time I did it. 

Really irks me when I jump through the hoop only for the game to decide "no! MOAR!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-07-22 at 12:42 PM, Tsukinoki said:

Please tell me:
How is asking to do 9 invasions "awful"?

And please tell me how many you would need for an "elite" weekly?  1 invasion for 7K standing?
Or do you just want it for signing in for the day?

DE has reduced the actually annoying challenges, the 60 minute survivals, the 5 sorties, and so on.

But come on.
They are asking you to do 9 invasions or 10 nightmares.
That isn't a lot.
Its not like that challenge will take hours to do or o is some monstrously tedious piece of work.

If DE kept listening to players like you every last nightwave would just be:
Sign into the game for 4.5K standing
Play one capture mission for 7K standing
And so on.

It's not an elite act though... I personally don't care, i mean, yeah phorids are done in one minute... Just volt speed to phorid, one-shoot him, volt speed to exit... The largest wait period is when it glitches and won't spawn...
But here i stand at a point where the only time i have any reason to do Invasions is when they award forma, exilus slots or potatoes. I have all the invasion weapons built and mastered, i have all the dojo stuff built and mastered, so i don't need anything that's commonly awarded by invasions. So yeah, i'm doing them for doing them sake. It's like the forma challenge or the gild challenge. They're asking me to do stuff for a mediocre reward that's basically just wasting my time.
I'm not against challenges that ask for time investment, heck, one of the things people complain (the operator spy mission) i did that today just because i have a new amp i'm ranking, and i just went for that. But Nightwave on it's own is not as great of a reward as many seem to think, and having to do challenges that have no other benefit for me just for 4.5 standing isn't the most rewarding thing in the world.

Same thing can be said about Nightmares... I have all the Nightmare mods for years, why do i have to go waste time on those missions... Its not like you can't cheese them just as easily as any other mission? Heck, you can just take Rhino, the very first warframe you can get after the starters and no Nightmare mission is going to touch you. (And that's exactly how i farmed Nightmare missions back when i was MR 3-4).

This just highlights the major current problem with Nightwave. They're good for the middle of the curve, the "average" player. They are incredibly bad for the people at the extremes. New players, the ones that relied the most on alerts for stuff, those are screwed completely, and unable to complete normal acts, i mean, if it was only the elites, sure. But even normal acts are exclusionary. And as for people on the higher end, it all becomes busy work. You have to repeat (again) stuff you have already done in the past for the sake of a mediocre level of progression for 2-3 rewards that are strategically placed at the end of the track, but they know are the only things most high level people care about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Try to spread the mission over the week, you can also use said missions to farm something you like, phorid for example sounds good if done fast, but getting to the end quickly is very ineficcient, my sugestion is to kill along the way, rare mods, endo, ayatan stars, exp can also be aquired, while it should take you more time, it also makes the mission more profitable, rare mods for example can be traded (if you're up for it) for ayatan statues, meaning a single phorid run can give you the equivalent of several rotations in arbitrations.

If you're just rushing missions then you'll hate nightwave with a passion, because you're doing duzzens of missions and getting only a reward that is obtained after many duzzens of missions, while some players prefer getting lot's of stuff in a single mission.

You're priority (this is my recomendationa and you are free to ignore) is to increase the profitability of missions, then you work on the speed, if you change this around you won't get far.

It's quite simple, if the gameplay you have is you just using WASD to move around, you get nothing, so the more time you spend rushing in misisons, the less profitable and the more boring they become, this is a player choice and responsibility, not a game design problem.

Edited by KIREEK
small typos
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, honestly, seeing the nightwave rewards, especially at the later levels got me to play warframe a bit more lately, and I was really looking forward to getting the operator suit, and I figured I could just get it if I completed all of the nightwave missions, however, with this week's nightwave I'm running into a bit of a problem:

I literally cannot complete one of the objectives this week.

Take down the profit-taker. My reputation with them isn't high enough, and with only 18k rep per day I am simply not making it to "old mate" in time, no matter how hard I try. Frankly, this just blows. If these kind of weekly missions show up too often, I simply won't be able to get the rewards I'm after, and it would all be down to "luck", as this is a challenge that cannot be overcome by effort.

I like the idea of Nightwave, but the way it's executed this week makes me a bit angry to be honest. If you're going to give challenges that might need weeks of preparation, at least let us know beforehand so we have a chance to actually do them. 

(And before anyone asks, YES, I am aware Fortuna has been out for a while, I'm simply just not a big fan of the content, so no, I am not old mate yet, unlike the vast majority of you).

Having said that, if there's any way anyone can think of to still somehow complete this objective this week, please let me know 🙂

  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You dont need to complete everyone of the challenges to reach rank 30 in this season. I agree Profit Taker shouldnt be locked behind max rank SU but you can still make it without that weekly.

On top of that we have the catch up system so you can this weekly once you get to max rank. There are atleast 7 more weeks of this nightwave, with your standing cap it's possible to reach max rank SU in time.

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, does that mean I can do this bounty, say, 6 weeks from now and still get the nightwave rep for it? Because that would most certainly fix my issue here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. you dont need 100% to reach rank 30

2. it should be showing up in the catch up mechanic if you complete all nightwave mission next week

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...