Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

1 hour ago, kuciol said:

Alerts were stupid. I dont want to schedule my life around a game. You know that not everyone play 6h a day? I was lucky if i got 3 nitains in a week. Thre is a reason why i just started my vauban prime. NW has every reward alerts have + more good stuff like slots. You dont miss out just by virtue of having life. People here have so stupid complains about NW i cant even comprehend it. You need 65% of points , you dont have to do a single elite weekly mission to get rank 30, you can recover missions you didnt complete etc. Saying that alerts were better is simply stupid. You dont have to wait for those reactors, you can just buy them whenever you want. Such alerts were up like once a month and if you could play at that specific time you were out.

Honestly I feel more pressured by nightwave than I ever did about alerts. If I hopped on and saw an alert for something I need, then I'd say cool and do the mission. I have a very sporadic playtime. I have a job, a family, and work out. So I have to divide my time enough already and having a 2 year old can make that even worse considering anything can happen or come up. Nightwave is too much of a dedication of time. 

Edited by (XB1)Demon Intellect
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, kuciol said:

They cant have both because they would have to maintain both meaning wasting money on something that was trash and poeple complained about it 20 times harder then they complain about NW.

So do you work at DE and can confirm how much money and resources the alert system actually takes? Or are you just one of those psuedo-intellectuals who's just using words they've heard other people say?

• Like 2

vor 5 Minuten schrieb kuciol:

They cant have both because they would have to maintain both meaning wasting money on something that was trash and poeple complained about it 20 times harder then they complain about NW.

There are still alerts up after devstreams (rare but it happened) I dont think they would have to waste that much money

1 minute ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Honestly I feel more pressured by nightwave than I ever did about alerts. If I hopped on and saw an alert for something I need, then I'd say cool and do the mission. I have a very sporadic playtime. I have a job, a family, and work out. So I have to divide my time enough already and having a 2 year old can make that even worse considering anything can happen or come up. Nightwave is too much of a dedication of time. 

INB4 being shamed for being a casual and actually having a meaningful life outside of video games. 

Talking against DE and warframe, we dont do that here fam, you gonna get chewed into pieces.

INB4 being shamed for being a casual and actually having a meaningful life outside of video games. 

Lol, I have a full time job, I got kids, a house to look after plus numerous other things that takes up my time.  

I can complete nw absolutely no problem.

• Like 2

What dedication are you talking about? You need to do exactly the same types of missions. Those complains are so invalid that i cant believe somebody even tris to justify those. You want to tell me that hacking 8 terminals or jumping 150 times is hard task? Or maybe doing 9 invassion missions ( 3 invasions) is to hard? Again you can skip every single elite weekly and still get rank 30, you can recover every single task you didnt complete. So where is this pressure? 

3 minutes ago, Kizkim said:

There are still alerts up after devstreams (rare but it happened) I dont think they would have to waste that much money

But its still money wasted on something that nobody wanted. Those few of you that complain now are insignificant minority despite what you want to believe.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Nobody is shaming anyone. But you have to understand that Warframe is a game about spending time. It's not a casual shooter you can pick up once a month. there is content in the game that isn't meant for people that don't have that much time on hand. And you don't have to have such an attitude because of that.

• Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb kuciol:

But its still money wasted on something that nobody wanted. Those few of you that complain now are insignificant minority despite what you want to believe.

Hey man just here to give my opinion. And I do see many ppl complain about it. Sorry to bother you tho :)

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Lol, I have a full time job, I got kids, a house to look after plus numerous other things that takes up my time.  

I can complete nw absolutely no problem.

Never said I didn't complete them. What I said was that I dont like having to spend my limited playtime only doing nightwave stuff.

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Nobody is shaming anyone. But you have to understand that Warframe is a game about spending time. It's not a casual shooter you can pick up once a month. there is content in the game that isn't meant for people that don't have that much time on hand. And you don't have to have such an attitude because of that.

That a lie that you might even believe. Its casual AF, thats why i play it in the first place. Its complex and all but still casual. But his reasoning is just stupid. NW is far more elastic in those aspects then alerts ever were. If you didnt log in during alert you missed out and there was nothing you could do about it.

Edited by kuciol

And the thing is that when I started playing I was 22, I'm now 27 and have a lot more stuff going on in life. So apparently its better to be told to #*!% off by a game i spent a ton of time playing when i was younger? Real consumer loyalty from DE if that's the case.

2 minutes ago, kuciol said:

That a lie that you might even believe. Its casual AF, thats why i play it in the first place. Its complex and all but still casual. But his reasoning is just stupid. NW is far more elastic in those aspects then alerts ever were. If you didnt log in during alert you missed out and there was nothing you could do about it.

Deathsnacks is a thing you know.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb kuciol:

I think neither system is perfect. But atleast with alerts you didnt feel like having to give up something to get this or that instead. If you missed a alert you propably didnt even know you missed it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Is NW easy and casual? Yes.
Do you have to spend time doing them? Yes.

My point still stands. Nothing is wrong with having a real life. It's good to have one. But point being you have to put time into a game. And people don't want to face that reality. That's what I said. So what about that is a lie?

And the thing is that when I started playing I was 22, I'm now 27 and have a lot more stuff going on in life. So apparently its better to be told to #*!% off by a game i spent a ton of time playing when i was younger? Real consumer loyalty from DE if that's the case.

It's the same with a lot of stuff in your life. When you were younger you went to more parties, I'm sure. Now you don't have the time to do that anymore. Is this the fault of the clubs you went to?
It is as it is.
And you can't expect the game to change so that it works with YOUR lifestyle.

Edited by WhiteMarker

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

My point still stands. Nothing is wrong with having a real life. It's good to have one. But point being you have to put time into a game. And people don't want to face that reality. That's what I said. So what about that is a lie?

The fact that you think its not casual is a lie. Because it is. The problem is its not as much time as they make it. You can stretch out doing those missions by whole week, now even more thanks to catch up mechanic. Their reasoning is just false and complains invalid. Nobody gave even single real reason why alerts were better.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Nightwave is too much of a dedication of time. 

So 2 hours a week (the general time it takes to complete all weekly challenges) is "too much of a dedication of time" to you?
Considering that you can split up those 2 hours however you need to?

Alerts were far worse of a consideration of time in that regard than nightwave.  Especially since alerts were a "Drop everything if you need this vauban piece, or don't do it and pray that it'll be available in a better time in 3-4 weeks from now!"
Now its just "Spend your time in nightwave as needed and buy what you need without needing to have to worry about dropping everything else in your life to get it"

Just now, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Deathsnacks is a thing you know.

IF you don't mine dropping everything in your life at a moments notice?  Sure.
If you have important things to do?  Doesn't matter, you missed the alert.  Hopefully it'll be back in 3 to 4 weeks with absolutely no way to get it before then (vauban neuroptics was a particularly painful item to get from alerts) 

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Honestly I feel more pressured by nightwave than I ever did about alerts

exactly, the most annoyed i got with alerts was "damn it i need nitain and theres no alert for it", at least i didnt have to grind specific challenges every week for however long these nightwaves are because i dont wanna miss out on the rewards cause DE, for whatever #*!%ing reason, have them time limited instead of being in the game permanently and being able to work on whichever season you want whenever you feel like it

edit: im not saying i dont like nightwave, but having them be time gated instead of permanently in the game for you to work on whenever you feel like it was a stupid move

Edited by Joltyboi

It's the same with a lot of stuff in your life. When you were younger you went to more parties, I'm sure. Now you don't have the time to do that anymore. Is this the fault of the clubs you went to?
It is as it is.
And you can't expect the game to change so that it works with YOUR lifestyle.

Never went to parties. Never went to clubs. I hate being in crowds of people especially ones I dont know. I dont expect it to change to my lifestyle, but it should try to appeal to casual players who cant invest a whole lot of time and to people who think it's cool to call themselves hardcore gamers.

3 minutes ago, kuciol said:

The fact that you think its not casual is a lie. Because it is. The problem is its not as much time as they make it. You can stretch out doing those missions by whole week, now even more thanks to catch up mechanic. Their reasoning is just false and complains invalid. Nobody gave even single real reason why alerts were better.

You missed my point completely. Good job, my friend. We can now part ways. Thank you for your time.

Just now, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Never went to parties. Never went to clubs. I hate being in crowds of people especially ones I dont know. I dont expect it to change to my lifestyle, but it should try to appeal to casual players who cant invest a whole lot of time and to people who think it's cool to call themselves hardcore gamers.

You missed my point aswell. Masel Tov.
Honestly, all NW per week take maybe 2 hours PER WEEK. You can do them when you want to. You don't have to do them in a bulk. It appeals to casual players already. 
What else do you want? óÒ

Edited by WhiteMarker

2 minutes ago, Joltyboi said:

exactly, the most annoyed i got with alerts was "damn it i need nitain and theres no alert for it", at least i didnt have to grind specific challenges every week for however long these nightwaves are because i dont wanna miss out on the rewards cause DE, for whatever #*!%ing reason, have them time limited instead of being in the game permanently and being able to work on whichever season you want whenever you feel like it

You dont have to grind anything. You complain is just invalid by simple fact that you ouldnt do anything about it when you missed an alert on something you needed and now you can. You wont miss out on rewards simply because you need only 60% of points to get all of them and you can get them whenever you want.