Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

Just now, kuciol said:

Just for you so you will know what im talking about.

Yes, I was talking about Warframe in its whole.
If you only pick it up once a month or so, then you won't get anything done in the game. So it's not as casual as you would like it to be in order to make your point.

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

You dont have to grind anything. You complain is just invalid by simple fact that you ouldnt do anything about it when you missed an alert on something you needed and now you can. You wont miss out on rewards simply because you need only 60% of points to get all of them and you can get them whenever you want.

If you have the credits for it, which is time gated...  to roughly maybe 1 to 2 weeks. 

4 minutes ago, kuciol said:

You dont have to grind anything. You complain is just invalid by simple fact that you ouldnt do anything about it when you missed an alert on something you needed and now you can. You wont miss out on rewards simply because you need only 60% of points to get all of them and you can get them whenever you want.

you do have to grind them, they give you all specific challenges that some players cant even do because they might not have them unlocked, and if you dont make sure you come on and do all of them or as many of them as you can each week you arent getting all the rewards, your argument is invalid by simple fact that missing an alert and having to wait for it to come back isnt as bad as missing nightwave rewards and never being able to get them again, like the wolf armour from the last nightwave for example, i got it, but a friend who wasnt playing at the time loves the armour but has no way to get it cause of bullS#&$ time gating

Edited by Joltyboi

1 minute ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

If you have the credits for it, which is time gated...  to roughly maybe 1 to 2 weeks. 

Catch up mechanic lets you recover every single challange you didnt complete even if your account didnt exist when they started.

Edited by kuciol

I disagree, while I do think nightwave has some issues such as the nitain drought between series as well as some missions that are super not cool, nightwave gives players objectives and goals outside of normal progression. Nitain is still a dumb resource I hate, but frontloaded creds and the cheap cost of nitain make it significantly better than looking everyday for a nitain alert that's up for 24 minutes and slowly gathering it 1 at a time. All the alert stuff being in the shop is also neat because it means you can just buy the thing you want once you get the creds.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

And the thing is that when I started playing I was 22, I'm now 27 and have a lot more stuff going on in life. So apparently its better to be told to #*!% off by a game i spent a ton of time playing when i was younger? Real consumer loyalty from DE if that's the case.

If you've been playing for 5 years I'll bet u can do the vast majority of the challenges standing on your head.

As for having more stuff going on in your life now than 5 years ago, that's life dude.  If you don't have the same ton of time to play now compared to then don't be salty about it and expect de to design the game around your more limited playtime. 

2 minutes ago, Joltyboi said:

you do have to grind them, they give you all specific challenges that some players cant even do because they might not have them unlocked, and if you dont make sure you come on and do all of them or as many of them as you can each week you arent getting all the rewards, your argument is invalid by simple fact that missing an alert and having to wait for it to come back isnt as bad as missing nightwave rewards and never being able to get them again, like the wolf armour from the last nightwave for example, i got it, but a friend who wasnt playing at the time loves the armour but has no way to get it cause of bullS#&$ time gating

Those "specific challanges" you talk about are elite missions that you dont have to do to get to rank 30. Not a single one of them. Alerts wouldnt have this armor in the first place and if it did you would never have gotten it if you missid this 1 alert. As i said i was lucky to get 3 nitains a week, now tell me how it is was better. NW has every reward alerts had + more on top. You can get to rank 30 by simply playing the game and you dont have to grind anything. If you call doing 3 invasions grinding then i will just laugh at you because its something a normal player will do anyway.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

If you've been playing for 5 years I'll bet u can do the vast majority of the challenges standing on your head.

As for having more stuff going on in your life now than 5 years ago, that's life dude.  If you don't have the same ton of time to play now compared to then don't be salty about it and expect de to design the game around your more limited playtime. 

Ok but the thing is I'm not alone in this. The game has been out for 6 years so eventually they will be kinda forgetting the people who were there from the beginning.  

10 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Catch up mechanic lets you recover every single challange you didnt complete even if your account didnt exist when they started.

What? No what I'm saying is that nora creds arent always a 'do all missions in a week and get 50 creds' kinda thing. So if you do a week where there was a gap with no creds then you're sol if anything happens to be in the shop that week you want.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

What? No what I'm saying is that nora creds arent always a 'do all missions in a week and get 50 creds' kinda thing. So if you do a week where there was a gap with no creds then you're sol if anything happens to be in the shop that week you want.

You always get some cred, just sometimes you get bonus. Besides you know you will be able to buy it eventually and you get rewards on top of it that are better then anything alerts offered. Its better to wait a months then to wait 3 like i did for corrosive projection.   

Just now, kuciol said:

You always get some cred, just sometimes you get bonus. Besides you know you will be able to buy it eventually and you get rewards on top of it that are better then anything alerts offered. Its better to wait a months then to wait 3 like i did for corrosive projection.   

You don't always get credits. Usually? Yes. Always? No. If I needed an aura mod and I couldn't wait, I'd buy it for like 5p from someone. Not really that hard to do.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Check Brozime's most recent video

No need to do that.

2 elite weeklies: 14k

5 weeklies: 22,4k

7 dailies: 7k

sums up to: 43,5k per week.

we have 12 weeks.

So we have the simple equation of: 43,000 * 12 = 522,000 total.

We need 300,000 for max rank.

This equation is a bit "harder": 300,000/522,000 = 0.5747(126436781609 then windows calc stops)

That's 57,47% of the points

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, kuciol said:

But its still money wasted on something that nobody wanted. Those few of you that complain now are insignificant minority despite what you want to believe.

Those that complain surely are the minority, but then there's those that simply stop playing, like me. If I have to chose to either devote a couple of hours a week to a list of chores that I rarely enjoy or go play something else that doesn't dictate how I have fun, I'm choosing the route of least resistance.

Grinding old content doesn't become fun simply by dangling a carrot. Before nightwave, I logged in daily and enjoyed the game how I wanted to... now I rarely log in at all. But I'm not complaining, I've had a good run with Warframe up until Nightwave.

It's too soon to say if Nightwave has been a success but I'm sure DE will be tweaking the formula in response to feedback and player stats. But go checkout the the steam achievements some time. While they might not be 100% accurate, they are a significantly large data set for identifying trends. It's interesting how quickly player numbers fall off in the first 10hrs and even later on (7.8% completed TWW but only 5.1% completed The Sacrifice). My point is that those that remain are obviously pretty dedicated but are a minority themselves. Those who have stopped playing for whatever reason are the vast majority and I'm sure DE would like to turn that trend around, and constructive feedback is a good thing. Don't dismiss it.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Take my applause, Sir! 

Awful change.. experienced it first hand, took way longer than the previous one.. so much for "less is more" great work, de, as always. ❤️

Lol, you do realize you are getting more standing by doing 5 bounties than 8 right? Plus yheres always give bounties availible, just run down the list.

Fun fact!

Out on the Plains, the Konzu tents often have three missions at the same rank, all count as a different Bounty. So you can take the 1 star, the 2 star and the 3 star from the tent in front of the main door, but then head out to the tent just south of The Seethe (for example) and it has two more of the 3 star Bounties to complete your 5 different Bounties.

I only discovered this one yesterday when I realised that it really did mean 5 different Bounties... But it was a convenient find.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA:

Pointing out exasperation over the same dead horse being beaten over and over again, in the wrong forum no less, is "toxic" to you?

I'm sorry if my use of the word "crybaby" seemed rude. If youd like we can hop over to the feedback forum and discuss nightwave there and I'll try to be extra super duper cheerful about it 😄

Well as you might see I am not a big person in the forums. I barley do anything here. I was thinking general works fine. If its wrong I am ofc sorry. I did not know that many ppl already complained. But if many did. It is not suprising more do. And saying my opinion is just being a "crybaby" is not helpfull in any way.

Still I hope you understand my point of view. I'll try to read all the posible room rules and stuff befor I post something next time ;D

Have a niced Day

1 hour ago, kuciol said:

then i will just laugh at you

nah, ill laugh at you, cause you clearly dont get what i mean and are just trying to look like you have some kind of point

tactical alerts, not normal ones, were more acceptable to have unique cosmetics or items you couldnt get again cause, while still time gated, which is always stupid, at least you didnt have to come on every week, and play every day (if you didnt grind it out all at once because its boring as all he11 to do in a single day, doing what your told instead of what you want) for however long the first nightwave ran for, which was over a month i know that much, the grind im talking about here isnt in the difficulty, its the simple fact that its boring and annoying after a short while and leads to burnout

i got burned out of the first nightwave, i just wanted it to end, the second i got to rank 30 and got my wolf armour reward i stopped playing, and didnt wanna play aaaaall the way until this second nightwave, completely skipped the intermission cause i simply could NOT be #*!%ed, even if it wasnt as long as normal nightwaves are

if you want a good explanation let me quote @AvatarX76

44 minutes ago, AvatarX76 said:

Those that complain surely are the minority, but then there's those that simply stop playing, like me. If I have to chose to either devote a couple of hours a week to a list of chores that I rarely enjoy or go play something else that doesn't dictate how I have fun, I'm choosing the route of least resistance.

i should be able to play the game how i want to, not how im being told and forced to if i dont wanna miss out on the nightwave rewards because theyre time gated, and if i dont hit rank 30 before its over then i can wave goodbye to all the rewards i didnt get forever cause therell be no way of getting them back, which is a flaw

Edited by Joltyboi
  • Like 2

Chorewave and ''player engagement incentive systems'' like it (Or whatever term some insufferable tool at EA or the like probably coined) make me want to throw up. The incentive should be fun, like the thing you do in the videogame, you know? Fun? No? In this game you could always work towards your goals at your own pace, that's different now, do the dishes, make your bed, did you finish your homework yet? 

I haven't been doing Nightwave anymore, no loot for those who have a life alongside Warframe and take responsibility in keeping unhealthy habits in check, I guess. The ''challenges'' don't help, but there's no point in criticizing the problems that stack on top of the fundamentally terrible design that I'd sooner expect to see in an exploitative mobile game, just nuke the f out of nightwave and pretend it never happened like paid revives and potatoes etc., and put that Umbral Forma where it makes sense... This whole thing just looks so damn desperate and cheap.

3 hours ago, Genitive said:

Fair enough, but do we need a new thread every day?

Yes. Apparently we do.

Aaaand of course people are leaving invalid complaints about valid complaints. Stop being edgelords, yes, people express their issues, and contrary to you, they're not uselessly polluting. We need widespread complaints if DE is going to listen, use your head.

But yeah, I don't expect they will change it though, for every reasonable person seeing it for it is there's 50 defendants, I guess this is why stuff like this exists in the first place, it's just too damn easy to pull off.

• Like 3