Jump to content
[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

Recommended Posts

What dedication are you talking about? You need to do exactly the same types of missions. Those complains are so invalid that i cant believe somebody even tris to justify those. You want to tell me that hacking 8 terminals or jumping 150 times is hard task? Or maybe doing 9 invassion missions ( 3 invasions) is to hard? Again you can skip every single elite weekly and still get rank 30, you can recover every single task you didnt complete. So where is this pressure? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kizkim said:

There are still alerts up after devstreams (rare but it happened) I dont think they would have to waste that much money

But its still money wasted on something that nobody wanted. Those few of you that complain now are insignificant minority despite what you want to believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

INB4 being shamed for being a casual and actually having a meaningful life outside of video games. 

Nobody is shaming anyone. But you have to understand that Warframe is a game about spending time. It's not a casual shooter you can pick up once a month. there is content in the game that isn't meant for people that don't have that much time on hand. And you don't have to have such an attitude because of that.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gerade eben schrieb kuciol:

But its still money wasted on something that nobody wanted. Those few of you that complain now are insignificant minority despite what you want to believe.

Hey man just here to give my opinion. And I do see many ppl complain about it. Sorry to bother you tho :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Lol, I have a full time job, I got kids, a house to look after plus numerous other things that takes up my time.  

I can complete nw absolutely no problem.

Never said I didn't complete them. What I said was that I dont like having to spend my limited playtime only doing nightwave stuff.

  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Nobody is shaming anyone. But you have to understand that Warframe is a game about spending time. It's not a casual shooter you can pick up once a month. there is content in the game that isn't meant for people that don't have that much time on hand. And you don't have to have such an attitude because of that.

That a lie that you might even believe. Its casual AF, thats why i play it in the first place. Its complex and all but still casual. But his reasoning is just stupid. NW is far more elastic in those aspects then alerts ever were. If you didnt log in during alert you missed out and there was nothing you could do about it.

Edited by kuciol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Nobody is shaming anyone. But you have to understand that Warframe is a game about spending time. It's not a casual shooter you can pick up once a month. there is content in the game that isn't meant for people that don't have that much time on hand. And you don't have to have such an attitude because of that.

And the thing is that when I started playing I was 22, I'm now 27 and have a lot more stuff going on in life. So apparently its better to be told to #*!% off by a game i spent a ton of time playing when i was younger? Real consumer loyalty from DE if that's the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kuciol said:

That a lie that you might even believe. Its casual AF, thats why i play it in the first place. Its complex and all but still casual. But his reasoning is just stupid. NW is far more elastic in those aspects then alerts ever were. If you didnt log in during alert you missed out and there was nothing you could do about it.

Deathsnacks is a thing you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 2 Minuten schrieb kuciol:

That a lie that you might even believe. Its casual AF, thats why i play it in the first place. Its complex and all but still casual. But his reasoning is just stupid. NW is far more elastic in those aspects then alerts ever were. If you didnt log in during alert you missed out and there was nothing you could do about it.

I think neither system is perfect. But atleast with alerts you didnt feel like having to give up something to get this or that instead. If you missed a alert you propably didnt even know you missed it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

If only I had a dollar for every nightwave crybaby thread. 

Exactly my thoughts.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, kuciol said:

That a lie that you might even believe. Its casual AF, thats why i play it in the first place. Its complex and all but still casual. But his reasoning is just stupid. NW is far more elastic in those aspects then alerts ever were. If you didnt log in during alert you missed out and there was nothing you could do about it.

Is NW easy and casual? Yes.
Do you have to spend time doing them? Yes.

My point still stands. Nothing is wrong with having a real life. It's good to have one. But point being you have to put time into a game. And people don't want to face that reality. That's what I said. So what about that is a lie?

1 minute ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

And the thing is that when I started playing I was 22, I'm now 27 and have a lot more stuff going on in life. So apparently its better to be told to #*!% off by a game i spent a ton of time playing when i was younger? Real consumer loyalty from DE if that's the case.

It's the same with a lot of stuff in your life. When you were younger you went to more parties, I'm sure. Now you don't have the time to do that anymore. Is this the fault of the clubs you went to?
It is as it is.
And you can't expect the game to change so that it works with YOUR lifestyle.

Edited by WhiteMarker
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhiteMarker said:

Is NW easy and casual? Yes.
Do you have to spend time doing them? Yes.

My point still stands. Nothing is wrong with having a real life. It's good to have one. But point being you have to put time into a game. And people don't want to face that reality. That's what I said. So what about that is a lie?

The fact that you think its not casual is a lie. Because it is. The problem is its not as much time as they make it. You can stretch out doing those missions by whole week, now even more thanks to catch up mechanic. Their reasoning is just false and complains invalid. Nobody gave even single real reason why alerts were better.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Nightwave is too much of a dedication of time. 

So 2 hours a week (the general time it takes to complete all weekly challenges) is "too much of a dedication of time" to you?
Considering that you can split up those 2 hours however you need to?

Alerts were far worse of a consideration of time in that regard than nightwave.  Especially since alerts were a "Drop everything if you need this vauban piece, or don't do it and pray that it'll be available in a better time in 3-4 weeks from now!"
Now its just "Spend your time in nightwave as needed and buy what you need without needing to have to worry about dropping everything else in your life to get it"

Just now, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Deathsnacks is a thing you know.

IF you don't mine dropping everything in your life at a moments notice?  Sure.
If you have important things to do?  Doesn't matter, you missed the alert.  Hopefully it'll be back in 3 to 4 weeks with absolutely no way to get it before then (vauban neuroptics was a particularly painful item to get from alerts) 

  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Honestly I feel more pressured by nightwave than I ever did about alerts

exactly, the most annoyed i got with alerts was "damn it i need nitain and theres no alert for it", at least i didnt have to grind specific challenges every week for however long these nightwaves are because i dont wanna miss out on the rewards cause DE, for whatever #*!%ing reason, have them time limited instead of being in the game permanently and being able to work on whichever season you want whenever you feel like it

edit: im not saying i dont like nightwave, but having them be time gated instead of permanently in the game for you to work on whenever you feel like it was a stupid move

Edited by Joltyboi
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok guys I gtg to work now. Please dont be mad at each other for theyre Opinion :) Have a great time !

  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Is NW easy and casual? Yes.
Do you have to spend time doing them? Yes.

My point still stands. Nothing is wrong with having a real life. It's good to have one. But point being you have to put time into a game. And people don't want to face that reality. That's what I said. So what about that is a lie?

It's the same with a lot of stuff in your life. When you were younger you went to more parties, I'm sure. Now you don't have the time to do that anymore. Is this the fault of the clubs you went to?
It is as it is.
And you can't expect the game to change so that it works with YOUR lifestyle.

Never went to parties. Never went to clubs. I hate being in crowds of people especially ones I dont know. I dont expect it to change to my lifestyle, but it should try to appeal to casual players who cant invest a whole lot of time and to people who think it's cool to call themselves hardcore gamers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, kuciol said:

The fact that you think its not casual is a lie. Because it is. The problem is its not as much time as they make it. You can stretch out doing those missions by whole week, now even more thanks to catch up mechanic. Their reasoning is just false and complains invalid. Nobody gave even single real reason why alerts were better.

You missed my point completely. Good job, my friend. We can now part ways. Thank you for your time.

Just now, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Never went to parties. Never went to clubs. I hate being in crowds of people especially ones I dont know. I dont expect it to change to my lifestyle, but it should try to appeal to casual players who cant invest a whole lot of time and to people who think it's cool to call themselves hardcore gamers.

You missed my point aswell. Masel Tov.
Honestly, all NW per week take maybe 2 hours PER WEEK. You can do them when you want to. You don't have to do them in a bulk. It appeals to casual players already. 
What else do you want? óÒ

Edited by WhiteMarker
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joltyboi said:

exactly, the most annoyed i got with alerts was "damn it i need nitain and theres no alert for it", at least i didnt have to grind specific challenges every week for however long these nightwaves are because i dont wanna miss out on the rewards cause DE, for whatever #*!%ing reason, have them time limited instead of being in the game permanently and being able to work on whichever season you want whenever you feel like it

You dont have to grind anything. You complain is just invalid by simple fact that you ouldnt do anything about it when you missed an alert on something you needed and now you can. You wont miss out on rewards simply because you need only 60% of points to get all of them and you can get them whenever you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

It's not a casual shooter you can pick up once a month.

Just for you so you will know what im talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kuciol said:

Just for you so you will know what im talking about.

Yes, I was talking about Warframe in its whole.
If you only pick it up once a month or so, then you won't get anything done in the game. So it's not as casual as you would like it to be in order to make your point.

  • Satisfied 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kuciol said:

You dont have to grind anything. You complain is just invalid by simple fact that you ouldnt do anything about it when you missed an alert on something you needed and now you can. You wont miss out on rewards simply because you need only 60% of points to get all of them and you can get them whenever you want.

If you have the credits for it, which is time gated...  to roughly maybe 1 to 2 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, kuciol said:

You dont have to grind anything. You complain is just invalid by simple fact that you ouldnt do anything about it when you missed an alert on something you needed and now you can. You wont miss out on rewards simply because you need only 60% of points to get all of them and you can get them whenever you want.

you do have to grind them, they give you all specific challenges that some players cant even do because they might not have them unlocked, and if you dont make sure you come on and do all of them or as many of them as you can each week you arent getting all the rewards, your argument is invalid by simple fact that missing an alert and having to wait for it to come back isnt as bad as missing nightwave rewards and never being able to get them again, like the wolf armour from the last nightwave for example, i got it, but a friend who wasnt playing at the time loves the armour but has no way to get it cause of bullS#&$ time gating

Edited by Joltyboi
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

If you have the credits for it, which is time gated...  to roughly maybe 1 to 2 weeks. 

Catch up mechanic lets you recover every single challange you didnt complete even if your account didnt exist when they started.

Edited by kuciol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...