[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

1 minute ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

If they involve completable content, someone, somewhere will have your gripe.

I have serious questions when someone refuses to do parts of the game once they complete the rewards.  Do you enjoy Warframe?  A break might be in order if you straight up won't touch things you completed because you "don't have to anymore," in a game.

Looks like it's in my last post on page 121... feel free to read if you want but I'm off to bed lol

As to the rest I enjoy playing the game (as I've already said multiple times) and doing the things I want to do but I also like to see some sort of return for the 'effort' I put in.   The thing is I don't enjoy doing things I have no need to do and this ultimately makes doing the challenges feel more chore like than a fun side mission.  I know this because this is exactly how I felt doing this weeks challenges. 

Take this weeks onslaught mission, I had to do 8 rounds, I have no warframes to level, I already have khora, I have more relics than I know what to do with them and in all honesty if I wanted to do onslaught I'd pick elite onslaught because it's better for xp/focus and it has the last vandal parts I still need.   A simple fix to that one challenge could have been 8 onslaught OR 4 elite onslaught for the 4.5k standing. 

While I do technically have a reason to do the exploiter orb, I'm still missing the blood sigil (which luckily I don't like), that's the only thing left from that fight and at 1% drop chance that just isn't worth the farm.  Little duck is maxed and I already have an excess of toroids which I have nothing to use them on because I've bought everything I currently want from little duck, think I've got a few arcanes left to get but not likely to use them over the crit/status ones so no point buying them unless a future update makes use of them.

I've already covered PoE and nightwave earlier so no point repeating them. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Ive never said You did just  that you act like it is. You as veteran have wrong approach from get go thats the problem im pointing out. The NW is not meant to be reward alone its meant to be additional reward for diversification of your time.  It doesnt say "do invasions right now!" it says "hey you still need stuff from invasions, do them now for additional gooddies." The fact that you have nothing else to do is not NW fault. Giving you options is just wrong because

1. Players will just do the easy things

2. One they give in that train will never stop

3. It will turn them into participation rewards, abomination that undermines the whole concept of reward 

You want to change NW into something it was never meant to be just because you are content starved. Thats problem with veterans in every game.  NW is meant to slow down burn out by encouraging doing different content, it was never meant as something you just hey passively or by doing whatever you want.  

All that and you still manage to miss the point I've been going on about....

note the bold... I'm not getting any additional reward by doing things I have 'finished' and have no need to do, such as PoE bounties or nightmare.  Nightwave standing is the ONLY reward. 

oh and in regards to 1) - we're already doing that, if you think we're doing the hard options for these challenges you're misguided....

Edited by LSG501
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Ive never said You did just  that you act like it is. You as veteran have wrong approach from get go thats the problem im pointing out. The NW is not meant to be reward alone its meant to be additional reward for diversification of your time.  It doesnt say "do invasions right now!" it says "hey you still need stuff from invasions, do them now for additional gooddies." The fact that you have nothing else to do is not NW fault. Giving you options is just wrong because

1. Players will just do the easy things

2. One they give in that train will never stop

3. It will turn them into participation rewards, abomination that undermines the whole concept of reward 

You want to change NW into something it was never meant to be just because you are content starved. Thats problem with veterans in every game.  NW is meant to slow down burn out by encouraging doing different content, it was never meant as something you just get passively or by doing whatever you want. 

I'm actually wondering how did you managed to knew that nightwave is never meant to be participation reward.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, LSG501 said:

All that and you still manage to miss the point I've been going on about....

note the bold... I'm not getting any additional reward by doing things I have 'finished' and have no need to do, such as PoE bounties or nightmare.  Nightwave standing is the ONLY reward. 

oh and in regards to 1) - we're already doing that, if you think we're doing the hard options for these challenges you're misguided....

You are missing the point on purpose? The system itself is built  around   someone that doesnt have everything yet, you are not target audience. Your problem is not that I dont understand its in that I understand it more then anyone maybe even you. You are bored of the game to the point you are looking for an ancor to keep you invested and since NW is not that you try to enforce a change that will let you get rewards with minimal effort. You dont ask for a change in the missions they ask you to do, you want to change NW mission into something you do anyway. If it would be intended as passive rewards then it would have been on login timer. You dont care that what you ask for would undermine the whole purpose of this system,  you dont care that you want to undermine whole premise of reward, you just want those cosmetics. You may try to hide it but its obvious. I know you wont agree but not because im not correct, its because you cant.

Edited by kuciol
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kuciol said:

You are missing the point on purpose? The system itself is built  around   someone that doesnt have everything yet, you are not target audience. Your problem is not that I dont understand its in that I understand it more then anyone maybe even you. You are bored of the game to the point you are looking for an ancor to keep you invested and since NW is not that you try to enforce a change that will let you get rewards with minimal effort. You dont ask for a change in the missions they ask you to do, you want to change NW mission into something you do anyway. If it would be intended as passive rewards then it would have been on login timer. You dont care that what you ask for would undermine the whole purpose of this system,  you dont care that you want to undermine whole premise of reward, you just want those cosmetics. You may try to hide it but its obvious. I know you wont agree but not because im not correct, its because you cant.

Oh good god... your replies are getting even more ridiculous because you're just not reading what I'm posting so you can keep posting your random rubbish which has no relevance to what I'm posting.  Just stop posting replies to me, it will be much better for all of us. 

edit: actually I've just realised you're even contradicting your own last post....

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Oh good god... your replies are getting even more ridiculous because you're just not reading what I'm posting so you can keep posting your random rubbish which has no relevance to what I'm posting.  Just stop posting replies to me, it will be much better for all of us. 

edit: actually I've just realised you're even contradicting your own last post....

just don't talk to that guy, trust me he's just a pro troll, and i mean PRO

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, rhuug said:

Does seem that way in hindsight but hey I got to increase my post count 😛

2 hours ago, rhuug said:

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Does seem that way in hindsight but hey I got to increase my post count 😛

Yes yes, troll because I dont agree to give you stuff for free. In every post you talk how you want to get rewarded for doing content relevant to you but entirely missing the point that NW is not content made for you. I get it you want to be included because you are content starved but it doesnt work that way. If you would want to make for example bounties more relevant so you would have a reason to do them besides NW that would indicate that you still care for the game but it isnt that. You just want rewards from NW with minimal effort. Also im contradicting myself? Says a guy that complains about how unrewarded he feels while prising a system that gave him litterally nothing (because you said yourself you did alert that gave you stuff you already had), you complain how time constraining it is while prising system that was entirely built around that, you acknowledge the fact that missions are not for you, rewards are not for you and cred shop is not for you but you still insist that you should be included.  I read carefully and understood perfectly, too bad you didnt take your own advice. 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd like to see the nightwave creds carried over into a NW cred pool that can only be used to buy old nightwave rewards(not current season), one per customer. That way if you didn't complete a season because... life happens... then you could still get them later.

If you did manage to complete the current season but missed something from one of the others then you could prestige and use the extra creds to catch up.

Although if something like this was implimented I'd also like to se a sigel or something like that for those that completed the season when live.

On 2019-07-22 at 12:05 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Well the only reason you've presented for "waiting to play" is that if you do it before demanded to by the challenges, then you won't get rewarded for completing a challenge. Since the only reason to complete the challenges is nightwave standing, what you're describing is just a "fear of missing out" by a different name. 

But you now say that you don't fear missing out on the nightwave rewards. So there's not much reason to not go ahead and do what you want to do, instead of waiting in the hopes that you may be rewarded. So.... Yeah, I do lack the ability to comprehend illogical actions that run contrary to your other statements. 

That's why I said:

See? 

Hmmm No. FOMO is the irrational fear that no matter how many NW tasks you do, you will not hit 30 before it ends. FOMO is the need to do all the alerts now, Immediately.

Waiting to play is the polar opposite of FOMO, but is just as bad for the game.

On 2019-07-22 at 9:14 PM, Tellakey said:

Of course it's easy. They're all easy. There's a difference between easy and tedious. I'd complain if it were 20 capture missions. Sure, it's easy, but come on, we were told less is more.

That is a good point. Phorid is just as fast and easy as a Capture mission. You only need to do 3 captures for the same amount of points. Also 3 runs on Phorid is all you need for the Invasion reward.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Hmmm No. FOMO is the irrational fear that no matter how many NW tasks you do, you will not hit 30 before it ends. FOMO is the need to do all the alerts now, Immediately.

Waiting to play is the polar opposite of FOMO, but is just as bad for the game.

Ahhhh but look at the nature of the complaint. 

"Why do I have to wait for the challenge" or "why can't I be rewarded for doing it if I do it now" or "why make a challenge that makes me wait until....".

Those are all rooted in wanting to do it now, aren't they? 

And the only reason to defer, is that you're hoping to complete it as quickly as possible when it does come around, isn't it? 

Do you see why I'd call it a fomo issue? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Ahhhh but look at the nature of the complaint. 

"Why do I have to wait for the challenge" or "why can't I be rewarded for doing it if I do it now" or "why make a challenge that makes me wait until....".

Those are all rooted in wanting to do it now, aren't they? 

And the only reason to defer, is that you're hoping to complete it as quickly as possible when it does come around, isn't it? 

Do you see why I'd call it a fomo issue? 

I don't know if your incapable of understanding the complaint, or deliberately misunderstanding it.

None of those have anything to do with my complaint.

My complaint is not that I want to do it now. My complaint is that it should not be a challenge at all. Or it they insist on putting it in Nightwave that it be something that people can do over the course of the entire nightwave at their own pace. So It's forma 9 or 12 slots over the course of the 10-15 weeks that Night Wave runs for.

But again my complaint has never been about getting the rewards now. But that the knowledge that it will show up again at some point creates a wait to play mentality. Same as with Ayatans. Find them now, but do you slot them and then spend an hour or 2 running Mariana with limbo to find 5 when it pops up? Or do you leave them in your inventory unslotted so that when the task pops up in the future you have them in your inventory waiting and ready?

Again, just so you can understand this very clearly. This complaint is NOT ABOUT WANTING THEM NOW. It's about them being tasks at all.

Now if I have to explain it to you again, then I know you're just trolling and will simply block you.

Edited by (XB1)Tatakai no Kami

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

I don't know if your incapable of understanding the complaint, or deliberately misunderstanding it.

None of those have anything to do with my complaint.

My complaint is not that I want to do it now. My complaint is that it should not be a challenge at all. Or it they insist on putting it in Nightwave that it be something that people can do over the course of the entire nightwave at their own pace. So It's forma 9 or 12 slots over the course of the 10-15 weeks that Night Wave runs for.

But again my complaint has never been about getting the rewards now. But that the knowledge that it will show up again at some point creates a wait to play mentality. Same as with Ayatans. Find them now, but do you slot them and then spend an hour or 2 running Mariana with limbo to find 5 when it pops up? Or do you leave them in your inventory unslotted so that when the task pops up in the future you have them in your inventory waiting and ready?

Again, just so you can understand this very clearly. This complaint is NOT ABOUT WANTING THEM NOW. It's about them being tasks at all.

Now if I have to explain it to you again, then I know you're just trolling and will simply block you.

Well like I said originally I do not see any valid reason to not just go ahead and do them now when I want to. And again the only reason you're showing for deferring them is that you won't get standing for doing it now. 

I've not stopped using forma between challenges, and I typically don't fill ayatans until I need them. Either for decorations or for the endo. 

As I said before, I don't understand why you are insisting that you can't do it until you get the standing for it. You can make up to 7 forma in a week for free, so it's not a shortage issue, is it? Because if we count 5 forma for any given week, you can toss a few forma into your gear and will end up with a surplus for the challenge. 

So why should them being tasks be an issue? You're saying that the existence of the challenge is making you not play the way you want when it's not active... Why? 

Why are you insisting on waiting to play when the game doesn't demand that of you? 

As for the threat of blocking someone who hasn't attacked or insulted you, and is literally trying to get you to explain why you are saying what you are saying, go ahead, if it floats your boat. Because if you are not able to communicate with someone who is being civil, then there isn't a lot of point in trying to communicate at all, is there? 

• Upvote 1

On ‎2019‎-‎07‎-‎25 at 11:57 PM, kuciol said:

you complain how time constraining it is while prising system that was entirely built around that, you acknowledge the fact that missions are not for you, rewards are not for you and cred shop is not for you but you still insist that you should be included

There are some things on the list for veterans though. Why should we have to slog through 7-8 weeks of random chores for 1-3 actual rewards and a bunch of random garbage? ESPECIALLY if messing up or taking a break means you get nothing.

On ‎2019‎-‎07‎-‎25 at 10:48 AM, kuciol said:

NW is meant to slow down burn out by encouraging doing different content

Even if this was the intent behind Chorewave (which I doubt, at this point I'm pretty sure it was suggested to DE by somebody further up the chain who saw the success of Fortnite or some other profitable game with a "battlepass"), it has had the opposite effect on much of the playerbase.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

It's not that much of big deal, but i'm feeling like reward for daily acts are too underwhelming, entire week's acts (that require 3 play sessions minimum) for 1 elite weekly worth of standings...

I think increasing it to 2000 or 1500 would be comfortable.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

There are some things on the list for veterans though. Why should we have to slog through 7-8 weeks of random chores for 1-3 actual rewards and a bunch of random garbage? ESPECIALLY if messing up or taking a break means you get nothing.

There is difference between "rewards that vets can use" and rewards "for veterans". They are not in any way, shape or form meant specifically for them. You can recover every challenge you missed very easily. You also need only about 60% of total points to hit rank 30, everything above it gets you cred and you dont need it so its pointless for you anwyay. Getting to rank 30 is easy, if you cant be F'ed to even get to this you are just lazy and want to be rewarded by doing nothing.

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 2
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb kuciol:

You also need only about 60% of total points to hit rank 30,

so where did you get the info that nightwave has at least 12 weeks of content and not 10 like the 1. season sould have?
i looked for a time statement but since you seem to now it may you have an link to that?

1 minute ago, Keiyadan said:

so where did you get the info that nightwave has at least 12 weeks of content and not 10 like the 1. season sould have?
i looked for a time statement but since you seem to now it may you have an link to that?

Ive never counted for 12. 

Posted (edited)
vor 24 Minuten schrieb kuciol:

Ive never counted for 12. 

but to only have to do 60% by 43.000 standing a week we would need 12 weeks total.

then 43.500*10=435.000/100=4350*60=261.000 < 300.000 so there would be missing some standing

when it would go on for 12 weeks 43.500*12=522.000/100=5220*60=313.200>300.000

but i saw just now under https://www.warframe.com/news/nightwave-series-2-the-emissary

it clearly stated "Nightwave Series 2 will last about 10 weeks" so we can't realy know now.

Edited by Keiyadan

16 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

but to only have to do 60% by 43.000 standing a week we would need 12 weeks total.

then 43.000*10=430.000/100=4300*60=258.000 < 300.000 so there would be missing some standing

when it would go on for 12 weeks 43.000*12=516.000/100=5160*60=309.600>300.000

but i saw just now under https://www.warframe.com/news/nightwave-series-2-the-emissary

it clearly stated "Nightwave Series 2 will last about 10 weeks" so we can't realy know now.

Thats why I said "about 60%", might be a Little bit more or less but its safe to assume that you can skip 1/3rd. 

38 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

27 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

The first was presented as "about 10 weeks", check a calendar for how long it actually lasted. It was suggested that we'd need 60-65% of the available standing, turned out to less than that. 

No, we don't have a definitive answer for how long it will last, we don't have a definitive answer for what percentage of the standing you'll need. 

Once you're averaging out to 3 tiers per week, you should be just fine. 

• Upvote 1

And ... ugh.

Tried to keep up with nightwave and I'm just done with it. Had some real world stuff that took me offline and I'm looking at all the taskers and I'm like... I dont have time for this: need to complete this weeks and last weeks taskers before next weeks taskers start up but fall back and it's a struggle. It's hard to determine if it's worse or better than season, I mean i have the ability to catch up but that is a lot of grinding.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 2019-07-26 at 8:54 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

As for the threat of blocking someone who hasn't attacked or insulted you, and is literally trying to get you to explain why you are saying what you are saying, go ahead, if it floats your boat. Because if you are not able to communicate with someone who is being civil, then there isn't a lot of point in trying to communicate at all, is there? 

Spamming the acronym "FOMO," describing how much they dislike doing stuff in Warframe, or arguing on behalf of people with 20 seconds of playtime a week doesn't result in an automatic victory, which frustrates some people.

It's rather amusing that much of the criticism of Nightwave is based on a buzzword meant to describe people with irrational fears that they can't hit rank 30 without doing 150% of the challenges.  Many of the rest are people who play  stuff in the game unless there's a reward for doing so, at which point they're "being forced to do it" and they now hate it.

I certainly hope the forums aren't DE's primary source of feedback, this place runs on outrage and petulance.  The fact that users are threatening to block you for having a differing opinion is a perfect example.

Edited by (PS4)BenHeisennberg
  • Satisfied 1

Posted (edited)
On 2019-08-01 at 12:11 AM, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

I certainly hope the forums aren't DE's primary source of feedback, this place runs on outrage and petulance.  The fact that users are threatening to block you for having a differing opinion is a perfect example.

I know they monitor steam and reddit threads at least.

It's hard from the devs' perspective to balance giving the dedicated playerbase enough to do without overloading the larger casual crowd. Both are necessary to keep the game running.

Personally I think the latest nightwave changes did a good job at making it more accessible and reducing the risk of burn out. Though I honestly don't think it's the biggest problem if people burn out. It just happens in online games to most people if you play the same thing for too long. Just play something else and come back down the line. Lots of great games to play in the meantime. 🙂

Edited by aidschbe
  • Upvote 1