Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

16 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

but to only have to do 60% by 43.000 standing a week we would need 12 weeks total.

then 43.000*10=430.000/100=4300*60=258.000 < 300.000 so there would be missing some standing

when it would go on for 12 weeks 43.000*12=516.000/100=5160*60=309.600>300.000

but i saw just now under https://www.warframe.com/news/nightwave-series-2-the-emissary

it clearly stated "Nightwave Series 2 will last about 10 weeks" so we can't realy know now.

Thats why I said "about 60%", might be a Little bit more or less but its safe to assume that you can skip 1/3rd. 

38 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

so where did you get the info that nightwave has at least 12 weeks of content and not 10 like the 1. season sould have?
i looked for a time statement but since you seem to now it may you have an link to that?

27 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

but i saw just now under https://www.warframe.com/news/nightwave-series-2-the-emissary

it clearly stated "Nightwave Series 2 will last about 10 weeks" so we can't realy know now.

The first was presented as "about 10 weeks", check a calendar for how long it actually lasted. It was suggested that we'd need 60-65% of the available standing, turned out to less than that. 

No, we don't have a definitive answer for how long it will last, we don't have a definitive answer for what percentage of the standing you'll need. 

Once you're averaging out to 3 tiers per week, you should be just fine. 

And ... ugh.

Tried to keep up with nightwave and I'm just done with it. Had some real world stuff that took me offline and I'm looking at all the taskers and I'm like... I dont have time for this: need to complete this weeks and last weeks taskers before next weeks taskers start up but fall back and it's a struggle. It's hard to determine if it's worse or better than season, I mean i have the ability to catch up but that is a lot of grinding.

On 2019-07-26 at 8:54 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

As for the threat of blocking someone who hasn't attacked or insulted you, and is literally trying to get you to explain why you are saying what you are saying, go ahead, if it floats your boat. Because if you are not able to communicate with someone who is being civil, then there isn't a lot of point in trying to communicate at all, is there? 

Spamming the acronym "FOMO," describing how much they dislike doing stuff in Warframe, or arguing on behalf of people with 20 seconds of playtime a week doesn't result in an automatic victory, which frustrates some people.

It's rather amusing that much of the criticism of Nightwave is based on a buzzword meant to describe people with irrational fears that they can't hit rank 30 without doing 150% of the challenges.  Many of the rest are people who play  stuff in the game unless there's a reward for doing so, at which point they're "being forced to do it" and they now hate it.

I certainly hope the forums aren't DE's primary source of feedback, this place runs on outrage and petulance.  The fact that users are threatening to block you for having a differing opinion is a perfect example.

Edited by (PS4)BenHeisennberg

On 2019-08-01 at 12:11 AM, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

I certainly hope the forums aren't DE's primary source of feedback, this place runs on outrage and petulance.  The fact that users are threatening to block you for having a differing opinion is a perfect example.

I know they monitor steam and reddit threads at least.

It's hard from the devs' perspective to balance giving the dedicated playerbase enough to do without overloading the larger casual crowd. Both are necessary to keep the game running.

Personally I think the latest nightwave changes did a good job at making it more accessible and reducing the risk of burn out. Though I honestly don't think it's the biggest problem if people burn out. It just happens in online games to most people if you play the same thing for too long. Just play something else and come back down the line. Lots of great games to play in the meantime. 🙂

Edited by aidschbe

What i feel what needs to be changed about Nightwave for the next series, please consider what i am proposing to you DE.

Changes about the challenges known as Acts :

- Rename them as " Bravery Acts ".

- These Acts do not give you standing anymore in order to rank up the series; instead they give you Cred : similar to the Daily/Weekly/EliteW current system, the harder the Act is, the more it gives you Cred.

- Remove Acts that are too much related to the player progression/ressources wasted within the game and create ones that are possible to do at any moment within the game progression e.g : remove Kill the Ropapolyst, Kill 3 Silver Grove Specters, Polarize with Forma 3 times and add Complete a Interception Mission while the enemy have 95% control or more, Complete a Spy Mission without triggering data vault's alarms, Complete a rescue mission without letting the hostage taking damage, use the Foundry to craft items 10 times.

How to gain ranks within the series if Bravery Acts are not used for this task :

- Create a set of 30 unique Acts who will be known as " Renown Acts " : They will be related to Nora Night story for the players to accomplish in order to go up in ranks within the series.

- One Renown Act completed equals to one rank gained within the series. A total of six Renown Acts are added each time Nora Night is telling us a new part of the story. They are one time only Acts, doable at any moment once they become available. The objective here is have more interactivity between the story and the player without putting the latter too much in the foreground.

- No more prestige system : no more rank up after the rank 30; Bravery Acts are the only way to gain Cred during the whole series.

Thoughts ?

On 2019-08-01 at 10:11 AM, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

No, I was threatening to block him because he continually misinterpreted what I was actually saying. And it felt like it either he was just not reading what I actually said and responding to what he wanted me to have said, or was just doing it on purpose.

On 2019-08-01 at 8:57 AM, aidschbe said:

Personally I think the latest nightwave changes did a good job at making it more accessible and reducing the risk of burn out. Though I honestly don't think it's the biggest problem if people burn out. It just happens in online games to most people if you play the same thing for too long. Just play something else and come back down the line. Lots of great games to play in the meantime. 🙂

I still think DE doesn't understand a big chunk of its playerbase. Warframe is a big game and many people avoid parts of it for various reasons, forcing them into doing those isn't going to go over well, and it most definitely won't do anything to help with burnout. If the Nightwave stuff was actually spread properly over the various game modes (and honestly, they should include Conclave/Lunaro as well then) then it wouldn't be such a big deal.

It also makes the catch-up mechanic seem disingenuous, sure you can "catch up" but you must now do these things you skipped because you disliked them since otherwise they won't let you go back to the old challenges. Maybe people would get that point better if there were Conclave related challenges, and no, Conclave isn't necessarily any different than any other game mode (aside from it being maligned by the largest chunk of the playerbase)

Hell, just look at this week, like half the challenges are open world related. Most people who've completed the open world stuff are well and truly burned out on that exceedingly repetitive grind (ironically enough there's not been an Eidolon challenge since the very first week or two of Nightwave). Especially since they now made it even more tedious by requiring "different" missions, and "different" races, so you can't even just get it over with anymore.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

I've had a thought. If Nightwave let you pick your weekly challenges from a moderate-large list (giving you the same number of challenges per week but more freedom in which ones), would this not please the majority of the playerbase?

IMO yes, but for some reason so far it doesn't satisfy DE.

I really don't understand many companies' aversion to giving players a choice.

I love Warframe but being coerced into logging in daily and tricked into doing parts of the game I don't enjoy is certainly not making it any favors.

Introduce:

- Monthly caps on everything that now has daily/weekly ones;

- Give us more ways to farm various resources and rewards -- let there be several sources for everything, Nightwave items included.

---

Fans of the current systems lose nothing, they can consume the game exactly as they do right now. Everybody else can consume the game in their preferred way (in my case I do gaming sessions in bursts 2 times a week, sometimes 10 hours each).

I don't see a downside in giving a choice.

Edited by Gofretko
  • Like 2

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Gofretko:

IMO yes, but for some reason so far it doesn't satisfy DE.

I really don't understand many companies' aversion to giving players a choice.

I love Warframe but being coerced into logging in daily and tricked into doing parts of the game I don't enjoy is certainly not making it any favors.

Introduce:

- Monthly caps on everything that now has daily/weekly ones;

- Give us more ways to farm various resources and rewards -- let there be several sources for everything, Nightwave items included.

---

Fans of the current systems lose nothing, they can consume the game exactly as they do right now. Everybody else can consume the game in their preferred way (in my case I do gaming sessions in bursts 2 times a week, sometimes 10 hours each).

I don't see a downside in giving a choice.

SImple answer, there puplishers or money givers want numbers, numbers of people actually playing, people who done all in lets say one weekend thne not play the rest of the month will lower its numbers and not satisfy them, its sad to see DE go down that road, Nightwave killed the game for me since it removed my freedom alot, syndicats and such i could take my time and get there eventually, this is a reoccuring event over and over putting stress on people who simply want to enjoy the game and play without thinking, i even skip this summer event, its boring and due nightwave i have enough of events at the moment.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marine027 said:

SImple answer, there puplishers or money givers want numbers, numbers of people actually playing, people who done all in lets say one weekend thne not play the rest of the month will lower its numbers and not satisfy them, its sad to see DE go down that road, Nightwave killed the game for me since it removed my freedom alot, syndicats and such i could take my time and get there eventually, this is a reoccuring event over and over putting stress on people who simply want to enjoy the game and play without thinking, i even skip this summer event, its boring and due nightwave i have enough of events at the moment.

Not sure if this thing can increase "numbers" in any way, it'll encourage to do nightwave yes, but it's just that, at least i stopped playing regularly, for now i'm just doing NW and off.

18 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Not sure if this thing can increase "numbers" in any way, it'll encourage to do nightwave yes, but it's just that, at least i stopped playing regularly, for now i'm just doing NW and off.

what they mean by "numbers" is daily active players. A live service game's success is frequently measured not only by it's income but also the amount of players actually playing the game at any given time. The more active a game's playerbase is, the more appealing it is on the business side of things. This is the main reason why most live service games have daily systems, and this is the purpose nightwave serves to the developers. I guess the bs standing caps just weren't enough for them.

Its soul intention is to "incentivize" players to log in more frequently and play longer than they would otherwise to raise these numbers as much as possible

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 2

On 2019-08-07 at 5:45 AM, Marine027 said:

SImple answer, there puplishers or money givers want numbers, numbers of people actually playing, people who done all in lets say one weekend thne not play the rest of the month will lower its numbers and not satisfy them, its sad to see DE go down that road

Yep, looks like that's it. Sadly a lot of businesses these days seem to buckle under investor pressure and go for quick and dirty measures to artificially inflate their metrics, and the future be damned.

On 2019-08-08 at 8:21 PM, PollexMessier said:

what they mean by "numbers" is daily active players. A live service game's success is frequently measured not only by it's income but also the amount of players actually playing the game at any given time. The more active a game's playerbase is, the more appealing it is on the business side of things. This is the main reason why most live service games have daily systems, and this is the purpose nightwave serves to the developers. I guess the bs standing caps just weren't enough for them.

Its soul intention is to "incentivize" players to log in more frequently and play longer than they would otherwise to raise these numbers as much as possible

I think this is a step back from the hourly system of alerts, also None of Nightwave is actually daily. Event he daily tasks are around for 3 days. The new catch up system which I now have experienced also removes some of the need to play even on a weekly basis as you can skip a week, or more then do all of the tasks in a  week to recover earlier missed tasks.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XB1)Tatakai no Kami:

I think this is a step back from the hourly system of alerts, also None of Nightwave is actually daily. Event he daily tasks are around for 3 days. The new catch up system which I now have experienced also removes some of the need to play even on a weekly basis as you can skip a week, or more then do all of the tasks in a  week to recover earlier missed tasks.

yeah, but you can't recover the 7000 standing missions

So I've finally had a need to use the catchup mechanic and I've noticed something; we only get 3 at a time.  Not sure the why of that choice but it's a touch annoying and limiting.

I've hit 1 challenge that I may not be able to do, so now I only have 2 challenges open at a time instead of 3.  If I run into another challenge I can't complete, then I'll only have 1.  

Being able to reshuffle the challenges or simply have them all available once you've hit the catch up portion would help greatly, as it wont limit players to 1 or 2 challenges being available when they run into ones they can't complete.

12 hours ago, MagPrime said:

So I've finally had a need to use the catchup mechanic and I've noticed something; we only get 3 at a time.  Not sure the why of that choice but it's a touch annoying and limiting.

I've hit 1 challenge that I may not be able to do, so now I only have 2 challenges open at a time instead of 3.  If I run into another challenge I can't complete, then I'll only have 1.  

Being able to reshuffle the challenges or simply have them all available once you've hit the catch up portion would help greatly, as it wont limit players to 1 or 2 challenges being available when they run into ones they can't complete.

I'm not sure if it is a bug, but when I logged in the next day after having the catch up mission show up, I had all of the ones I had skipped.

the "different" modifier is the worst. by this i mean things like "do x amount of different bounties" or "capture x amount of different animals" a lot of the changes they made to the nightwave system from how it started have been exceptionally positive except this addition. these two challenges were honestly funner, easier, and ether faster or just as fast the way they were before, when you had to do more of them but could choose to do any of them you wanted to. As a farming focused game with egregious rng you're meant to do the same things over and over again to get whatever you're after. Nightwave was a great excuse to farm for things I needed but don't normally want to do because I'm not a fan of x game mechanic. But this addition outright ruins that part of the system. I can't farm a specific bounty over and over again to get the specific item I need and am instead forced to do several other bounties I don't want to do that have rewards that are useless to me. People had been complaining about this system forcing them to do stuff they didn't want to before this change and now it's worse in regards to these specific acts. It'd be way better if you removed the "different" requirement(/never added it to begin with). I'd honestly prefer if these two acts were completely reverted than the way the are now. its completely counter intuitive to the flow of the entire game. you cant get a floof from a single tag of a specific type of animal, and you're unlikely to get the rarer drops you're probably after in bounties by only doing the bounty you need the drop from one time. so why force that limitation? yes you can still do these things and just not progress nightwave, its not preventing anyone from doing these things. but it certainly makes us feel like we have to go out of our way to do them especially when those acts now force you to spend your time doing different ones to complete them that you don't need, when they didn't use to. Revert this change, and remove the polarize act, then I'll be mostly happy with the state of nightwave

• Like 2

On 2019-08-11 at 5:34 PM, Kog12 said:

OH GREAT Atayan sculptures again...thanks DE, not sure why I even bother with this game anymore 

If you just do the atayan weekly and save them up instead of slotting them immediately this act really isn't terrible at all. Yeah its a bit annoying but when you know the act is a thing that exists you can easily prepare for it. Even early game I rarely sold my sculptures for endo until I actually needed to. Usually dissolving spare mods gets you enough endo to get by untill you need to max out a prime mod or other 20,000+ endo mod like vitality ext, and you can usually get away with not maxing those and just leaving them 2 or 3 ranks short untill you have the resources. As much as I'v hated nightwave since it's release I never really understood all the hate the atayan act gets, especially now that it's WAY more reasonable. It doesn't really force you to spend resources you might wanna save, or save resources you might wanna spend, like polarize does, and guild use to before it was removed, on top of the hour or so it would take to bring the rank of any equipment involved up to rank 30 for ether of those. The only time the atayan act is annoying is the first time a person encounters it if they didn't know it was a thing before then, because they couldn't have prepared for it. Even if you're caught completely with your pants down and have none at all, its not too hard to get the two you need, and I say two because the weekly one is just a given. There are loads of ways to get them. You could probably even just bum a couple cheap ones off someone in global or trade chat if you're really desperate for them. Maybe trade them for some already slotted identical atayans you have on you if no one's willing to give them up for free. you're more than likely to end up with way more stars than you'll ever need anyways provided you actually pick them up when they drop.

• Like 1