[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

TL:DR; I personally like being challenged, and make an additional daily mission for 15 wolf cred to match the old systems amount of possible nitian in a day. other than that, doing good.

as an endurance runner... of 3+ solo hours of derelict survival and similar endless missions... the challenge's thus far haven't taken me more than a couple hours to complete all of, its not exactly a weekly thing if it takes a couple minutes to do. now i know everyone is having a hard time with these challenges, and i can get that. but i personally, just me, not saying to push it on anyone else, i personally would like a challenge that's so difficult it can last all week, instead of an hour.

not lasting a week because there are time walls like with Simaris, but are just tremendous undertakings, like i dunno, kill number of enemies, collect amount of resources... I'm not sure how i could be challenged more, but i wouldn't mind it being longer, not, time wise just, more? like, kill 10,000 enemies cumulatively over the week, this'd be done in a few hours with a Saryn in sanctuary onslaught, but it wouldn't be done instantly.

alternatively I'd like a constant mission, instead of a daily mission, like 500 standing for doing basic thing, once completed resets to another mission worth 500, so i can constantly build standing, however the standing isn't my problem here, I'm fine with standing being locked behind this time wall of waiting for the weekly challenges to make a real difference, what I'm not fine with is the wolf cred for what used to be easier to get with the alert system. you may be able to get 5 nitian in a bundle, which would have taken 20 hours at minimum without missing an alert, but if we're doing one nitian a day its feels like you'd be getting more. with the current system even after 2 weeks you only have a handful of nitian. maybe a daily mission that gives wolf cred as a reward so you can get some of the smaller old alert items faster, a reward that's not tied to the standing and progression of nightwave but purely to collecting the old alert items. daily mission capture 3 saturn six fugitives reward 15 wolf cred, got 5 nitian in a 24 hour period, matching what was the same amount as the old system for the amount of nitian you can get.

• Upvote 2

the dificulty is literally non existing for an experienced player the 60 minute survival it's a joke, the problem is finding a friend or clan mate to play for that long the thing with "play with a friend" should be removed no question,the other ones with complet 9 bounties or play 9 invation mission are boring as hell...those kinds with bounties should be somthing like 2 bounties of the highest difficulty, 4 bounties or the ones with perfect capturs...give ma a brake if you want me to do a perfect capture make me do one not 4 of them

The system is too boring for experienced players and too overwhelming for new ones the challanges should be on a tier base low,medium,high,elite difficulty and should always be completed on Solo mode Elite players should play 1 hard mission (level 100+ at least) instead of 9 pointless ones like the bounties or invasions...oh yea and about the 1h survival cause i saw someone whining above saying that the time should be cumulative...basically defeting the point of staying until the enemies get high level that's not valid, those 1h survival or 60 waves defens are also boring in the first 45 minutes...my sugestion is to make it 20 minutes but change the levels starting at level 80-90-100 or even higher and going on from there, it's not new players friendly i know but that's the point isn't

TLDR

- bump up the levels

-reduce the grinde (less missions,less minutes in survival,less statues to max,less mods to collect,less animals to catch)

-remove the "play with a friend" all missions should be possible solo

(i did some opsyes with my english,sorry for that)

• Haha 2

i may have posted multiple times, please don't give me a warrning or a ban because the servers don't want to work as intended

Once you've done all the tasks for the week and your dailies, now what?  With the old system, we had a new mission and reward every 30 or so minutes and I miss that aspect of always having a dynamic objective in the game.  I'd like to see some iteration on Nightwave to address always having something to do, even if the rewards are just credits or vanilla resources.  Some ideas for consideration:

• Prestige the individual challenges and let us replay them during the week
  • Reveal additional challenges just for fun
  • Re-enable elements of the old alerts system so we can always have some dynamic objectives available

Otherwise, I really like the approach with the new system.  Keep up the good work and thank you.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

I know this would be hard to do, and it might make the system overly-complicated, but I would suggest that the elite tier challenges a player sees should be determined by that player's MR. For example:

• MR1 to MR10: complete 20 waves of defense on Lares, Mercury (Infested) with only a melee weapon equipped.
  • MR11 to MR20: complete 20 waves of defense on Outer Terminus, Pluto (Corpus) with only a shotgun equipped.
  • MR 21+: complete 20 waves of defense on Belenus in the Void (Corrupted) with only a secondary weapon equipped.

Obviously, you could do a better job with the parameters. The main advantage of implementing some version of this arrangement is that no one is in a lockout state because they're new, or they haven't unlocked Kuva Fortress, or they don't know what corrosive projection does, etc. It also has the advantage of taking (some) players a little out of their comfort zones without overwhelming them. That's a fun challenge, and everyone can get that 5000 standing.

EDIT: I should have said that I think the Wolf thing is great overall and I'm glad you're already thinking about iterations.

Edited by MessiahComplexx
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)

New-ish player thoughts on Nightwave as a whole:

1. Wolf Creds feel too sparse. Knowing that my next possible creds are another 5-ish ranks away, seeing a store full of things I don't have because I missed the alerts and have only had a few months to even see them is not a good feeling. This is exacerbated by the fact that, while I had no choice in what I was receiving, by doing alerts I could get 3-5 of these same brands of items every time I sat down to play, rather than 1-2 of these items every week or two.

Possible Solution(s): Make fugitives each give a Wolf Cred or two. Make every tier rank-up give 5 Creds or so. Offer missions (alert-like or story-based ones related to point 3 below) that give a few Wolf Creds and some rep. Basically, just increase Wolf Cred income in Nightwave-related systems to offer a trickle of "I can work toward X item" income.

2. FOMO-related time pressure has made playing more stressful. I love the challenges offered by Nightwave as a system, but I don't love sitting down for the evening feeling "if I don't sit and do my Nightwave rep, I'll miss out on the later rewards because I have no way to catch up if I fall below the Point of No Return". Another largely not-great feeling is seeing a weekly elite challenge pop up that I (again, only playing for a few months) am not equipped for and can't reasonably prepare for around my schedule, but know that I could work toward overcoming that challenge if I had more time. I appreciate having a variety of goals, but with a deadline looming behind each of them I feel like I am unable to appreciate the system as a whole. This is a feeling that is wholly distinct from the feeling I got missing alerts, and I'm not sure why.

Possible Solution(s): Make weekly and elite weekly challenges last 3 weeks. Also, each week, offer a highly-specific, fairly challenging goal that is worth 10k rep and doesn't expire until the end of the series. Making the weeklies carry over a small amount helps accommodate busier players, while avoiding the situation (if weeklies lasted forever) where players just wait until the end of the series and binge everything. The idea behind the 10k challenges is to offer those Big Goals to work toward over the whole series. There could even be a special cosmetic for players who complete them all, as the rep they offer is above and beyond what is required (but would still allow some amount of catch-up).

3. Nightwave hooked me with its initial story, but feels detached from it since. I could listen to Nora Night talk about corrupt systems and jailbreaks all night long, but I don't really get the chance to. We have a whole beautiful system and premise, but the only interfacing we get with it are a couple enemies who show up every few missions, and a big boss (who I'm not convinced exists, given how many times I've seen him) that pops into your mission. Basically, it feels like Nightwave lacks the "radio serial" feel that it is meant to have.

Possible Solution(s): Once or twice a week, offer a new "story" mission. Nothing as in-depth as actual story quests, but just a mission that can be loosely tied to another few sentences of story Nora tells us in front of a new scenic still. Let these missions offer a bit of rep and cred, but expire after two newer ones have come out, putting the Story So Far into the codex to be listened to in full.

4. Challenges feel a little inconsistent compared to their rep gains. This section is based in part on this post on Reddit by u/tinwhiskerSC. I agree with his assessment that daily challenges seem pretty on-mark, and that weeklies are mostly okay except for things like the Ayatan Sculptures. However, this week's Elite Weekly challenges are what inspired the 10k non-expiring challenge idea mentioned above. 5k is a lot of standing to miss when I don't have the capability to obtain everything I need to do 60 minute Kuva Survival, but I could probably build toward that over a few weeks.

Possible Solution(s): Noted below in the tl;dr, it felt silly to have it written out twice right next to each other.

TL;DR/Summary:

What would make Nightwave feel approachable and comfortable to me (and players busier/newer than me), without compromising too much "you gotta play to get the reward" is a structure that looks like:

• Daily Act (One per day, lasts three days, 1k standing): Basically solid now; challenges that mostly happen from normal play, with perhaps a small gear change or extra focus somewhere.
  • Weekly Act (Same rate as now, but last three weeks, 3k standing): Largely okay now; specific tasks that may or may not be part of your normal play, and require a bit of focus. These should be easily spread over a few days and not terribly strenuous, but also more difficult to do by accident.
  • Elite Weekly Act (Same rate as now, but last three weeks, 5k standing): Tasks that require focused effort, specialized gear, and/or significant alterations to gameplay, likely spread over multiple play sessions. These miss the mark a little bit currently, as I'd love to work toward them, and things like 60-minute survival don't feel "weekly" to me, as there is no way to spread this out.
  • Unique Challenge (Lasts all series, one new one each week, 10k standing): Highly-specific challenges that require significant effort, grouping, gearing and/or planning. Offer a special cosmetic for players who complete all of them for the series.
  • Story Mission (1-2 per week, last until two new ones exist, 500 standing & 5 Wolf Creds): Basically-normal missions with loose ties to story events that are discussed by Nora after the mission, similar to the opening story.
  • Nightwave Alerts (name subject to change): Essentially alerts, longer duration but slower/staggered spawns to allow ~3 available most times, give small amounts of standing and/or Wolf Creds.
  • More Wolf Creds: Lots of sources of small amounts of Wolf Creds (fugitives, "alerts", all Nightwave rank-ups) to allow a feeling of "saving up for X item".
Edited by MeltCat
Fixed a few typos, added last tl;dr point
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stormdragon said:

Yet has had PvP as an option ever since 2013, way before it even was added to consoles.

It isn't unbalanced, people claim it is before ever giving it a try simoply because they are usually matched with far more skilled players and there is no way to balance skill.

DE is currently focused on other projects, if they didn't want a PvP scene in warframe, conclave would have been removed long ago and they wouldn't be working on the release of stalker mode or willing to develop some PvPvE races in the future. This shows that DE knows that PvP offers far more replayability than PvE for a way smaller resource investment.

None of the rest of PvP F2P games plays like warframe, the game i enjoy and support. Also, you don't get to tell me what to do on my free time, no need to become that toxic only because of a request that you could easily ignore if it ever got added.

Stalker mode? Yeesh. Anything that encourages griefing in the game gets a hard pass from me. That is a disaster waiting to happen. Anything that is player driven is a terrible idea because it'll only serve to attract a bunch of a**holes that delight in making other people miserable.

Though that can be said for PvP in general. That's why I avoid the games I listed in my previous post and gravitated towards Warframe with its primarily PvE focused gameplay.

It'll be wise for DE to keep focused on their original goals instead of trying to breathe new life into a dead feature that only a bunch of sadomasochists enjoy.

Edited by (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, MessiahComplexx said:

I know this would be hard to do, and it might make the system overly-complicated, but I would suggest that the elite tier challenges a player sees should be determined by that player's MR. For example:

• MR1 to MR10: complete 20 waves of defense on Lares, Mercury (Infested) with only a melee weapon equipped.
  • MR11 to MR20: complete 20 waves of defense on Outer Terminus, Pluto (Corpus) with only a shotgun equipped.
  • MR 21+: complete 20 waves of defense on Belenus in the Void (Corrupted) with only a secondary weapon equipped.

Obviously, you could do a better job with the parameters. The main advantage of implementing some version of this arrangement is that no one is in a lockout state because they're new, or they haven't unlocked Kuva Fortress, or they don't know what corrosive projection does, etc. It also has the advantage of taking (some) players a little out of their comfort zones without overwhelming them. That's a fun challenge, and everyone can get that 5000 standing.

EDIT: I should have said that I think the Wolf thing is great overall and I'm glad you're already thinking about iterations.

What about people like me- mastery 26- who aren’t endurance runners? Who just prefer the normal grind, but not exactly looking for something crazy?

Maybe I could do the 20 waves, maybe not- never tried. I don’t think forcing players on certain challenges depending on mastery level is fair, as there’s a bunch of different types (endurance, elite, casual, etc.) mixed within 1-26.

• Like 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1

I'm fine with the Survivals. It's the floof crap I will be skipping. 

I play shooter games to kill enemies not chase animals and their poop. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

-no

-yes

-yes 

didnt have much of an issue doing it when i get home from work , i typically play maybe 1-3 hours at night then do some housework and make dinner 

wait what?

You play it in the night and then do some housework? What ya doing at your nighttime mate? scrubbing the floor?? No srsly. I go to sleep at night, duno what you are doing but ok then...

• Like 3

I think Nightwave is a great addition when considering the reworking of challenges and the tier system is great as a reward for them, but don't feel that the Wolf Creds cover the needs of alerts for the newer player, particularly since they are only acquired through Nightwave tiers. The type of challenges available can be argued for some bit, but I think that if aiming them at veteran players that they are fine so far, but since alerts were removed from the new player experience, a way for newer players to be involved might be more of a focus.

The only other thing is that alerts represented the chance - not necessarily worthwhile - of getting rare resources, gear, or upgrades which Nightwave covers somewhat, but what happens when you complete your challenges? You have one swapping out daily, and then any additional faction advancement on that tier is exclusively the realm of rng fugitives which give a very low amount of rep, and the Wolf who similarly gives very little, but also seems to be even more rare. Essentially while this mode is still young, something needs to fill the gap left by alerts of something potentially fun or rewarding to do waiting for the next thing that can give a reward - in this case more challenges.

• Upvote 1

I think in order to appeal to more players niche interests, you should simply increase the amount and variety of available weekly challenges. I actually enjoyed doing the survival, but doing 10 perfect captures just doesn't sound appealing to me.

Maybe double the number of weekly and elite challenges available each week, but just put a cap on the maximum standing per week.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

the credit costs for rewards is completly off base in regards to pre wolf weapon and cosmetic helm aqqusition...you can earn 50 creds a week from wolf which equals 1 weapon or 1 alt helm and 1 mod per week...even a casual player could get 7 times that amount of alert rewards in 1 week random sure and 7 times is a conservative number and at alot less the time invested ...while the wolf system brings diversity the cost in time rewards and reward diversity  is a clear and strong nerf from the old system ...1 weapon a week vs the old alert rewards where you could easily get a weapon and a alt helm per day ..cmon now and de you know the fix  uncrease creds earned per week or decrease costs...1 weapon or 1 alt helm and mod per week with that much time put in to earn it is a far cry from the old reward system..this seems extra punitive to new players vs us old players...you could have brought in the new system and kept rewards distrubution much the same ... but you didnt ... we arent so naive as to not understand why...

Edited by InappropriateTennoName5009
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MessiahComplexx said:

Something like this would remove the ability to play with over half my clan. Please don't add something like this.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Anything that is player driven is a terrible idea because it'll only serve to attract a bunch of a**holes that delight in making other people miserable.

I completely agree, otherwise we wouldn't have players who refuse the requests from others just because they delight in refusing to let other people's experience to improve just because of reasons when the devs ask for feedback.

Though that can be said for PvP in general.

Talking about people attitude and trying to go the slippery slope way is just nonsense, if you actually read the forums, you'd find out that people still looks for ways to harass and make others waste their time even in the PvE side of the game; just take a look at the posts talking about how someone used a life support capsule at around 59 minutes before quitting the lobby when trying the 1 hour kuva survival mission.

You might probably have a point to make, but the free name calling in your posts doesn't help to get it across.

That's why I avoid the games I listed in my previous post and gravitated towards Warframe with its primarily PvE focused gameplay.

And nobody is asking DE to suddenly toss PvE out the window and make PvP the focus of warframe, just asking for some more variety in the challenges so people who enjoys the conclave doesn't get alienated from the game in a system intended to promote variety, and as per [DE]Bear's words:

On 2019-03-04 at 6:47 PM, [DE]Bear said:

In the end, we wanted to make a series of challenges that spoke to every type of player, but we do not want to do so at the cost of enjoyment overall.. 

Yet still certain groups of players are currently being excluded of the whole system.

It'll be wise for DE to keep focused on their original goals instead of trying to breathe new life into a dead feature that only a bunch of sadomasochists enjoy.

It's so wise that the path they are currently following leads to players eating the content way faster than what DE can develop the new big thing, leading to the so called "content droughts" shortly after a new update is released despite the amount of RNG walls and daily caps they use to artificially extend the life of new content.

• Like 4

I apologize if I repeat what others have said etc, this thread is very long.

I am in love with what you have done with this new type of alert. DE does, however, have a concerning habit of putting in something new then forgetting about it for more content when the prev content still needs love. Please don't do that.

Also, more surveys like with Fortuna, it feels really good to be heard as a player.

First off, I will eat my hat if the Kuva Survivals haven't been buffed like mad. First time around we managed it as a extremely organized team, the other three times I did it to help others, we would get to 50-55 mins and lose all our oxygen and not get the reward. Very frustrating, and weird because we used to just bring a nekros (my boyfriend) and whatever tanky frame I wanted to play and fill the last two spots with randos. We would, if the randos didn't ruin it, stay for about an hour each time, and never experienced this oxygen shortage to any degree the way it is now.

I think it is still possible but not to any real degree that the average player can do. It requires moving from tank to tank quickly and efficiently while constantly taking out mobs. This is difficult in part, admittedly, because some of the tries were with people who had less playtime, but the last time I tried, there should have been zero question to our success.

The perfect captures... well, that was an unintentional gift to me. I just didn't want to do them but forced myself to to finish off everything, ended up spending 200p on mods for my k-drives and using them to move around, allowing me an excuse to slowly rank them up as well as get floofs! The mods make such a big difference, honestly, I feel like the vent kids faction should be exceedingly easy to max, if only for the fact that until you get the right mods, k-drives aren't very fun, well I can only speak for myself. K-Drives are kind of essential when hunting for tracks. Since I can equip my tranq gun and jump on one and still see them, which is not the case with archwing.

The captures themselves there were three of us racing to see who could get the ten perfect first. I came in last and one of my participating clan members had never even done them before. 😕 I need waay more practice, which is great, more reason to use the k-drives and get them leveled and max vent kid faction. I suspect leveling all three boards will max that out... I hope. Either way, now I too can enjoy the floofs and the Thrash or Die lifestyle.

I had also avoided onslaught like the plague out of some bitterness. I never realized how much fun it could be. So the silver lining of these different sometimes difficult achievements is parts of the game I utterly ignored I am finding a love for!

The only way I can see to improve it is have tiers based on MR. But this might be too complex and I know a good number of lowish MR people that are much better players than me. I don't have a solution but you are going in the right direction in that all content doesn't have to be completed at the end, and for those of us who are completionists, we have to get outside our element and not be so curmudgeonly. I can't hunt Kuria all the time.

I have seen the Wolf of Saturn Six all of once. He dropped a handle. I heard from another player who had him drop nothing, not sure if that is an intentional possibility. However, I hear his presence will be more noticeable the further we go into the season,

This has got my clan active and working together even more than we did before and has been beneficial to getting to know some of the more quiet members. All in all, I am thrilled. It does need tweaking as I'm sure will see as the season progresses, but thanks for this. Seriously. It's wonderful.

On 2019-03-04 at 4:47 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

Nightwave is here in all of it’s Nora Night-backed glory, and there has been a lot of back and forth (both on the forums and internally) about the challenges and how to accrue Nightwave standing. Series 1 of Nightwave is our first attempt at this addition to Warframe, and we want to thank you all for sharing your thoughts and requests. We will be using this thread to gather feedback from everyone on all Platforms! 

So at first pass, we are seeing some concerns rise to the top:

• Ayatan Challenges - too RNG dependent.
  • Survival Challenges - too long in one sitting.
  • Friend / Clan Challenges - "I have no friends/my friends don't play Warframe". 

For some of these Elite challenges, we were attempting to speak to the endurance runners, but it seems we may have missed the mark - if you liked it, or didn't like it, comment below. In the end, we wanted to make a series of challenges that spoke to every type of player, but we do not want to do so at the cost of enjoyment overall.

Nightwave is still new to the community and we are expecting to see more feedback come as the series progresses - you've only seen a % of all Acts, so as Series 1 progresses we need your feedback on the appearing Acts. We've seen players responding with some possible solutions that would make these challenges more piecemeal, balance the resources needed to complete some challenges, and assess social requirements to get your goodies.

We will be applying what we have learned to Nightwave Series 2 - but can only improve with constructive, detailed posts about what you like / didn't like about acts. Knowing what you like is just as important as what you don't like. 

As far as endurance challenges - 60 minutes is definitely getting to be a bit long, but I can also see how 20 might be too short, even something like 3x20 might be considered too easy - perhaps 40?

However one exception is the "survival without using life support" - this has to be either eliminated or reduced to multiple 20 minute runs.  Simply because, if you look on Reddit, there are NUMEROUS instances of trolling, where one griefer ruins a whole squad's run at 55 minutes.  Or, as has happened to me multiple times - accidentally triggering a life support module when attempting to reload a weapon.  It's way too easy to fail this particular challenge either via accident or via a griefer and have to do ANOTHER 60 minute run.

Friend/clan challenges - how about making this friend/clan/alliance?  For some this wouldn't be an improvement, but it definitely would for me.  My clan warlord now works at a pharmacy so is frequently at work whenever I'm home/awake.  Most of the rest of the clan is fairly inactive or also works weird schedules, but our alliance often has 5-6+ players online at any given time.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I believe someone messed up when you considered how much time you have to spend playing weekly in order to perform all of these.
Sure, this weeks "Hold your breath" (60 minute kuva survival) and "Survival with friends" (60 minute survival v friend) can be done at once, but otherwise that's two full hours you have to dedicate solely to do these weeklies. (edit: And that's if you manage it on your first tries!)
And then there's the "Supporter" with 10 syndicate missions. It doesn't seem so bad if it wasn't the fact that there's only 6 you can do daily, which forces you to play on at least two separate days. 

Look, I like this concept, but someone at DE needs to do the math for how much time you want folk to spend weekly on all of this, and what is a reasonable number.

Edited by Asheram
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

I love the general idea.  Some of the bounties have been good.   

The perfect animal captures.  I've never done a capture since I don't care about the loot, but 10 perfect captures is a bit intimidating.  Maybe it's not that hard or maybe you could have started with something like complete 5 good captures?

Having to do stuff with friends or clans sucks.  Hard to find people that want to do the same thing at the same time unless you do it with random's.  As someone else said it just add steps in the process.   I would love to find more people that like to do long missions, but with the constant host migrations, it doesn't seem like its possible.  I like doing arbitrations because I can stay as long as I want and I don't lose everything if there is a host migration. 

This week you basically have two 5k items that are the same, so if you don't care about kuva you are missing out on a large number of points.  10k

I think it's kewl to have some harder stuff for the hardcore folks or people that like doing the same thing for hours, but there needs to be a better balance with the point spread.  Or what would be really kewl is to tier the rewards.  So if you do better in the challenge you get more points.  2500 for 30 minutes, 5000 for 60.  Or something like that.  

More daily stuff and increase the points to 3k.

There is still a bit of a hole in the game now that the alerts are gone. 

• 1)  Noobs are always asking where to farm resources without having hourly or daily stuff to do it make it harder on them. 
  • 2)  When you don't feel like grinding out credits, mods, endo, etc. I used to use the alerts as a way to level stuff up ( from defense mission, instead of only going to hydron ). Or jump on the archwing and have other people to play with.  It gave you a reason to play a variety of missions and meant that you were going to get matched with a team.  The biggest problem with the old alert system was the loot system.  5k credits is not a reward, but +50k might be worth the time.

If alerts are gone forever then maybe we can get a daily / weekly playlists?

I think having the catalyst / reactors out of the alerts makes sense, but I would like to see alerts returned and more alerts for a high number of credits / endo.  (50k or more).   Or something like 25k per round of defense.  I'm also missing those eggs, kavat genetic code, etc.   I'm not going to spend days trying to scan kavat.  The drop rate is not worth the time.

With the new system from what we've seen so far are very limited on how many catalysts, reactors, nitain, etc. you can obtain.  I would like to see more chances to get Reactors, Catalyst, focus lenses at least for end game players.  Limiting the number of reactors/catalyst limits the number of weapons / warframe we can play and makes the game a bit boring and stale.  Having more catalyst/reactors means, that I can experiment and play with more varity.

I would also like to have some greater focus lenses or better thrown in the mix.  Prebuilt would be best.  Maybe limit to players that have completed the star chart or by MR?  I can only run the Cetus bounties so many times.

Also, can we have a way to set our Syndicate sigil for all characters?  Or put in on the main panel like what was done for the focus school?

I didn't mind the Ayatan Challenges.  I through me off at first, but there are some easy ways to get them. 

Edited by (XB1)mxgreg
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

On 2019-03-04 at 4:47 PM, [DE]Bear said:
  • Friend / Clan Challenges - "I have no friends/my friends don't play Warframe". 

An addition for 'Friend / Clan Challenges'... Also dealing with host migrations and trolls is a big problem for most.

Other than the quoted I think everything is great.

It really boggles my mind that there have been so many complaints like "I have no friends, I can't do this." or "I have to do 2 60min survival missions?!" There are two very simple facts that completely undercut all of that.

1. Recruit chat is full of people looking to complete challenges. You join a group doing a challenge like kuva survival, or sortie from last week. You ask for someone to add you as a friend to complete the challenge. You accept their friend request. You complete the challenge. If you want to remove them as a friend at that point, go right ahead. It doesn't require you to have a clan or real friends in game. How is this not obvious and extremely simple?

2. Multiple challenges can be accomplished simultaneously. I did kuva survival with a random group from recruit chat, adding one of them as a friend and got both of the survival challenges done at the same time. If I had not already finishes things like kill this many enemies/eximus, or kill with this damage type, I could have easily finished those then too. When I was doing my perfect captures today, I was also killing roaming corpus with blast damage for the daily. Just think a little about how you can multitask the challenges. Again, this just seems so obvious and simple to me. 

I hope people will settle down after a few weeks, because this is certainly the most toxic I've ever seen this community, and it is definitely not the appropriate response to a system that is a brilliant innovation on the battle pass formula.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Chaos.Blades said:

this ^, sums up my grievances, other than that I'm having fun

I'm an on/off Warframe player and this Nightwave update makes me think I have to drop Warframe. Before you could get back and play when there is an event or update. Still login now and then to get some alert resources and potatos. Now you have to do daily and weekly stuff or you get left with no resources. Great for those that play daily but makes it impossible to play casually when you feel like. Thanks Warframe for many fun years, see you on the flip flop, peace out, bye fellow tenno. dramatic_exit.gif

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dpencil said:

I hope people will settle down after a few weeks, because this is certainly the most toxic I've ever seen this community, and it is definitely not the appropriate response to a system that is a brilliant innovation on the battle pass formula.

Yeah, me too. But I think we might have some disagreement on where that toxicity is actually coming from. The friends thing isn't some sort of "git gud" issue, and "just add friends" doesn't solve the underlying issues with the requirement (leaving aside that solo play was treated as completely valid until just a week ago), and that seems to be ignored a lot. Yes, there's currently a workaround - for some. There are numerous reasons someone may choose or need to play solo, and it's the same deal with an unbroken, potentially unpausable hour of play.

I'm happy for all the able-bodied folks who have great connections, clear schedules, and get a real thrill out of multiplayer at all times. Seriously! I get that mutliplayer is really some people's bag, just, all the time, and that some people are able to reliably do that most of the time, and I think that's really awesome. But I know plenty of people who don't fall into those categories.

You could always group with your friends for alerts when that was what you wanted to do and they were available. You could always recruit someone from chat when that was what you wanted to do. You could quickplay with randoms if the mood struck. Or you could choose to do them solo. You did what best fit your needs or mood at the time.

But the fact is that not everyone's circumstances are the same. And this system is currently not well serving people it did before. Those elite missions represent a massive amount of the total rep we earn for a week, even if they are technically "skippable". Those who are less well-served now than they were before aren't wrong to speak up about it, and although on the whole I think this system has a huge amount of potential, pointing out possible flaws in a system (especially when asked for feedback) isn't in itself toxicity. And it's okay to like or dislike different things.

However, this whole thing has caused this really weird hostility, dismissiveness, and superior attitude toward solo players (no matter a player's reason for such) from the community that did not exist before this system and its implicit indication that solo play is now fundamentally a less-valid way to play. It doesn't even hurt anyone else. But we could just coexist before and everyone did what made them happy.

Edited by Andvarja
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 5

The Night Wave system doesn't seem like new content to me but rather just a carrot system to encourage grinding. *shrugs* 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6