Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

RE 60min Survival: 60 Minutes is way too long. There's too many things that can go wrong that causes you to throw out 45, 50, 55+ minutes of your time out the window and you gain absolutely nothing for your time spent. I've always been outspoken against long missions like this for this reason, that the game gives you NOTHING in return for your time spent if there's a disconnect for any reason (Power Outage, failed Host Migration, PC crash, networking equipment crash, a griefer, etc). If the game allowed you to keep some of the rewards or something it might not be too bad, but I don't like the idea of risking losing that much progress because of something I had no control over.

RE Ayatan Statues: Way too much RNG/work. Not only do you need the statues, but you also need the stars, and it's one of those things that you either needed a stockpile of them (which players had no reason to keep previously) or you need to grind your eyeballs out to try and get 5 of them in one week. How about Socket one statue, maybe? That seems more reasonable.

RE: Friends/Clans: I myself am in a Ghost Clan that is mostly inactive, though I have 1-2 friends who are semi-active. One of them hates the Nightwave System entirely but won't tell me why, and the other is kinda 'meh' about it. I *could* get them to help me, but yet... it's difficult for me to schedule time with them to get this stuff done. Not that I wanna do 60 minute survival anyways. That and they are kinda a newer player, and some of the stuff you require people to do with friends is high-end Elite stuff which I'm simply not geared for.

I think to be honest, you're trying to set your sights too high. The Nightwave System offers "meh" weapons at best, Potatoes, and Nitain Extract along with a ton of Cosmetics. There's nothing in there, other than maybe the Umbral Forma that speaks to High-End Elite Players, so why are we aiming so many acts at such players? High-End Elite Players have platinum to spend on potatoes. They don't need Nightwave to get Potatoes. They already have the Nitain items, or the means to get them.

And most of these High-End Elite Players already have the cosmetics being offered.

Nightwave's rewards sound like they are more for newbies with the exception of the Umbra rewards. Why are we gating most of the Acts behind stuff that only High End players can do? I mean, what's this stuff having to do with Hydralysts during the past week anyways? You really think your average casual player can take down a Hydralyst?

It seems like you're at a disconnect with who the Nightwave system is actually supposed to be for. You make the Acts speak to Elite players, but yet you give rewards as if they're newbies. Newbies are going to want the stuff they haven't gotten yet and the potatoes because they sorely need them, and the Elite players are going "meh, I already have that stuff" except for the Umbra Forma.

Watched Devstream 124. Glad to see Rebecca and Steve address the timed exclusivity issue, and to hear that they'll work on a way to return the rewards to the tables at some point. Possibility some rewards will be back the next season.

Hi, sorry didn't see there was a thread about Nightwave.

Here's my feedback.

A lot of good suggestions have been made already so most of my focus here is how I feel about the new system.  Overall I can't say I enjoy Nightwave at all.  It's so depressing to not see any alerts and the navigation console feels empty when I go up to it.  Nightwave is just another faction to grind standing in as if we don't have enough of that already.  What's worse is you complete the daily challenge and it's like "Ok, so now what?"  There's nothing else new that may pop up later, nothing to stick around for until tomorrow.

Alerts always felt like something new and fresh and were nice, bite size content where it was easy to pick and choose what you wanted or didn't want.  I can't tell you how many times I'd be getting ready to log out and an alert would pop up that would make me play just one more mission and then another alert and another.  There was always a small thrill hearing "New alert marked on Navigation."

This new system feels like a job.  Like I "have" to do as many of these tasks as possible and a majority of them are not fun.  And 60 minutes survival is way too long.  I don't trust everyone's computer in a team to stay connected for that length of time.  Heck, these recent relic alerts at 30 minutes made me hold my breath most of the mission.  20-30 minutes max I think for endurance missions or, as others suggested, make it cumulative from multiple missions.

I just don't see why we can't have Nightwave AND the old alert system.  Best of both worlds, both sides would be happy.

In general, Nightwave is a solid system. I really appreciate how it encourages players to experience the game to the fullest although it could use a bit more freedom of choice: it would be nice to have a pool (say 10 or 12) of Weekly Acts to choose from. After completing 7, the rest would be discarded. This way we would be able to, at least to some degree, tune progress patch to personal preferences.

When it comes to Elite Weekly Acts, I find them perfectly doable, at least for veterans. This is where my biggest concern comes:  with 35% of weekly Standing income consisting solely of Elite Weekly Acts, the whole Nightwave is extremely heavy weighted towards them. This is especially unfair for new players. I would rather see Elite Weekly Acts as a sweet bonus for veteran players (allowing to quicker progress through Nightwave ranks) and a catch up mechanic for those who need it.

Last but not least: Wolf Cred. Rewards they unlock suppose to appeal to new players the most but at the same time they are heavy locked behind Nightwave ranks. We could use a reliable way to grind for them.

Nearing the end of week 2, my suggestions:

1.  Minimize any and all non-combat related challenges like the “perfect capture conservationist” challenge.  You aren’t working on Capture 2.0/3.0, right?  It’s just a timesink and it will never compete with the outstanding combat this game offers.

2.  Reduce 60 minute runs to 30 with Sortie-like challenges to ensure difficulty, or split 60 into 20/20/20.  Respect our busy lives.

3.  Make these events cyclical and have Tier rewards progress carry over for when it returns in 30 weeks.

4.  Reduce requirements to complete all Tier rewards by about 5% but include an“overachiever” reward for those who complete more than 75% on the first go-round.

5.  Reward general play to a greater extent by increasing spawn rates of fugitives, increase the mob size from 3 to 5, and increase the standing per Capture from 50 to 100.

Newer players will get hooked on playing for that 500 standing and vets will appreciate the flexibility to continue playing the game their way and still progress.

Fin

After reading a lot of these posts I think the largest problem with the whole night wave system is that it is a limited time and tons of people are going to be missing out on the rewards. This whole system seems set up for someone that has a crazy amount of time to play or maybe it was set up by/for Warframe partners so they have something to do. The system is not friendly to new players / casual players / older players. Everyone seems to be getting a short end of the stick somewhere and I think a lot of the problems could be solved or at least made more tolerable if the even did not have a end time but rather a progression tier set up.

Maybe in the quests/alerts area kind of like you earn so much reputation you can go to stage 2 of the story/event and so on. Then move the credit shop for the new currency to its own tab in the market or make a vendor maybe kind of like Baro Ki'Teer. That would also make the system feel more like a working thing if there was another vendor moving around like Baro Ki'Teer does. This would let players progress at their own pace and no one would miss out on the content.

It seems like most people have forgotten about the event we failed on that destroyed the relays. Limited time super grindy/time intensive events are not a good thing and no one really benefits from them. Players will get worn out or lose interest and the game itself ends up being a lesser version of itself or more hollow. Destroying the relays I think did work out for the game as a story line point but the whole one time event part leaves a bad taste in most peoples mouth.

P.S. Would be nice to see a new planet or something added kind of like Mr. Universe had in Firefly. Maybe that could even be the hub you go to and get challenges/quests and to spend your wolf credits.

P.P.S. There is also a topic just like this at 

60-minute survivals are an issue because of the conditions.
It is very easy to get trolled when someone uses the LS, wasting your time.
I often also play mostly at the weekend - and finding "friends" which i don't have or people willing to do them will be way harder - many already finished.

Rethink the LS requirement and perhaps split it into 2x 30-minute survivals instead. Easier to fit into schedules and fewer risks with crashes, host migrations, trolling etc.

Also PLEASE add clan and ALLIANCE into the "friend" requirements. I almost exclusively use alliance chat and play with people there. Because people keep clans smallish due to the research requirements.

5x ayatan was also a problem - even if spread across the week. It's a rather unreliable "resource" to obtain. And you now have to hoard them instead of using when you need some endo.

Perfect pet captures - does it have to be perfect? Considering it's not an "elite challenge".

Why don't you offer extra quests for each tier (elite, med, easy) but you can only complete fixed number - so you have some options to choose from.

And allow people to continue with episodes until finished and start a new one from the codex like a quest when available.

9 hours ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

There's massive narrative dissonance with why Nora cares and rewards standing to you for collecting mods, slotting statues, scanning objects, killing x enemies with fire, doing a sortie with a buddy-- Why is this important to learn more about an escaped prisoner? And it feels so menial, arduous, shallow, insignificant.

I'll admit I expected more of a narrative approach to things, something that this for the most part really isn't. In a sense it's funny, it could work better for the stated goal of not being so timing-reliant within the alert system itself. Complete alerts, get credits instead of set items/resources. Nora could be directing us to these alerts for some narrative purpose.

11 hours ago, (PS4)dmljr said:

Is too many of the challenges are gated behind content I haven’t unlocked yet.
I thought it was said that even new players will be able to reach rank 30 the first time.
I don’t see how. We can’t even complete all the weeklies, not to mention Elite ones.
Even if we could do all the weekly and daily we would cap out at rank 28.
Unless you want new players to be a leach and get carried through the Elite challenges.

Something to keep in mind is that even if you can't play super-actively, within the 10-week duration of the event you should be able to do some of the Elite challenges during the later weeks without being a "leech" because you'll progress in the game and become more powerful. But admittedly if you JUST started the game when this event started... you're probably out of luck as far as reaching 30 unless you have someone to boost you. Of course even more so if you start halfway through the event. I sort of expected this alert-replacement to be less-timing oriented, but alas it still is, just in a bigger scale.

My feedback on Nightwave Challenges/Acts

(now that I have time to sit down and write more than my initial post - I have 2 jobs, and I'm writing this instead of playing warframe right now... that should give you your first hint)

First, we have to have an idea of what happened here... what did we have, and what do we have now?

Original Alert system:

Impression / Role in the game:
Extremely good for, and needed by, newbies, still good for midbies, ignored by oldbies, despised by people with rough schedules. Good for people with a lot of playtime or access to hop into the game at a moment's notice. Made the game world feel alive with "things happening" even if we chose not to participate. Due to the rotating stock of rewards, there was no extreme pressure to catch every single alert, because it would always pop up later (obviously Nitain and some other bits were more important to some people than others, and they felt they had to get every single one of those alerts) If you took a break of days/months/years, the system was always there, and you could jump right back in if something caught your eye.

What were they?
Random short-lived Ninja Contracts/opportunities to run quick missions for fast rewards on random planetary nodes that you had to have unlocked to access - new players could get "taxi'd" to a majority of these nodes, but not all. If you're online, and one happens to be available, good for you. Even if you missed an alert, they were on a short rotating cycle that meant you could likely catch another when it came up soon after the one you missed.

Rewards included cosmetic helmets, credits, chunks of common resources, Kubrow Eggs and Kavat Genetic Codes, Aura mods and Nightmare mods, weapon blueprints, catalysts/reactors, Bundles of rarer resources (including Oxium, Tellurium, Neural Sensors, Neurodes, Control Modules, Orokin cells, Alertiu...Nitain), Vauban.

Lotus/Ord-tus constantly intruded with alerts about alerts.

Some people set alarms or watched websites that monitored these rewards to be sure they got some of the rarer items. People with priorities that kept them away from the game a majority of time could not obtain some of the rarer items for months.

Nightwave Acts system:

Impression / Role in the game:
Extremely good for oldbies (new cosmetics, Umbra forma, reason to play old content), good for midbies (slots, reactors), needed by newbies (everything), but not nearly as accessible to them. Good only for people who can regularly play every single week for the duration of the event, without taking any breaks. Feels like a list of chores to do, with out of reach objectives telling me I'm playing the game wrong. I don't go after achievements in games either... why would I subject myself to these sadistic "challenges"? Oh yeah... exclusive rewards... designed to play on our fear of missing out, possibly to boost concurrent player numbers as a secondary thought - most likely introduced entirely to give people with tough schedules a way to progressively work toward the rewards that they could never be online to get from random alerts. Removal of the RNG element required (in the Dev's opinion) a balancing factor of higher effort added into obtaining those rewards.

What do you do?

For each "Nightwave event" lasting 9-11 weeks: a constant daily/weekly grind (with no end in sight, due to assumed back to back Nightwaves) to obtain event-specific rewards primarily near the end of each event, requiring you to obtain at least 300,000 syndicate reputation during that period for the "event-exclusive" rewards, acquired by gaining ranks in the Nightwave syndicate by doing "challenges" that are out of reach for many newer players. These challenges range from solo stuff like painting a glyph in a mission, to killing stuff with a certain element, to group objectives of hour long survivals without using life support, and killing the 3rd megaboss in a chain of 3.

Many say don't worry: if you don't obtain the event-unique rewards, DE says they will "eventually" come back... could be part of the next Nightwave's cred store, or the return of the recycled event in 5 years, nobody knows. I think it's better get the items now and be on the safe side, or miss out for who knows how long.

Wolf Cred Shop offers: cosmetic helmets and weapon skins, aura mods, weapon blueprints, catalysts/reactors, Nitain, Vauban.
The first 30 Syndicate Ranking rewards include: previously plat-only Weapon Slots and Warframe slots, new mods, Umbra Forma, "exclusive" cosmetics, emotes, glyphs... each rank requiring 10,000 standing (43k a week from challenges: 7k from 7 daily challenges per week, 21k from 7 weekly challenges, and 15k from 3 "elite" weekly challenges, (as well as randomly capturing fugitives that is never explained in-game, or I missed it - I just noticed the capture prompt when I downed them in my first encounter.)
There is a potential maximum standing from challenges during the event of 430k (if it only lasts 10 weeks, and you do ALL the challenges, + whatever you get from random captures)
If you cannot complete the 3 elite weekly challenges during the 10 weeks, you only get 280k standing for the event, unless you make that up from the captures. if you miss ANY other challenges, you have to make that up through captures. People who can do all the challenges and farm captures, can gain prestige ranks over the 300k required for the first 30 ranks.
The 30 Prestige Syndicate Ranks reward: 50 Wolf Creds each... to the people who likely need them least... (aside from the newbie who has friends who carry them so they can buy a ton of stuff from the wolf cred shop?)

Nora constantly comments on completion of challenges... how does she know what I did... she has a spy somewhere... and she seems to take delight in mocking players with grandiose praise for meaninglessly easy tasks (some might be neat compliments if they were appropriately made ONLY after elite challenges were completed), and their desire to get rewarded for doing the good deeds that she says will not go unrewarded... (and I could do without the vulgar language in one of those compliments)

My suggestions:

As I said in my first post, I'd bring Alerts back, simply using the Nightwave system to even out the RNG with measured progress.
The removal of Alerts hurts the new player experience and their progress.

Newbies need common & rare resources, credits (even if dark sectors are technically better), mods, etc, and the feeling that the world is alive and that they can be rewarded for quick bites of their time, rather than only after the long drawn out grindfest that is Nightwave (30,000 standing before their first wolf-creds to buy anything from the shop?).

I have 2 jobs, and I got more out of the Alert system than I get out of Nightwave. (Nightwave's saving grace is the "exclusive rewards") I don't think this was your goal... but that's how it's worked out for me. I'd like both to exist.

If you are online, and an alert has something you need, great! If the alert just never pops up for you, you've got Nightwave and Wolf-creds for the cred shop to work toward that goal.

(also, I want my per-mission random bonus affinity objectives back, please - but it would be nice if they were smarter, always being achievable - like no hacking consoles in defense missions - unless it spawns a bursa in a corpus mission, and hacking the bursa counts - be smart about it.)

As for Nightwave's Acts, I'd double or more the available challenges/acts at any given time, while keeping the current cap on how many can be completed per week, (no increase in achievable standing) letting us choose how we'll gain our reputation with this syndicate, rather than being forced into group activities or hour long survivals. This doesn't require the removal of any of the Acts that some people enjoy and some people hate, but gives a choice to those who'd rather not get fake friends just to complete challenges, and lets us tailor our activities to our own goals, rather than diverting our gametime to filling out Nightwave's chore list before getting to what we really want to do for fun and progress.

There is room to increase the achievable standing per week, to give people greater leeway in missing challenges and living their lives outside of warframe. We haven't gone through the entire event, to see how much standing we get yet, but we can fairly accurately math it out based on current offerings and the time frame we were given. If it really is as close as it seems, and you can only really miss the elite challenges if you complete EVERY other challenge for the entire event (plus hunting fugitives for 20k standing), to get to the last "normal" syndicate rank before prestige ranks, this means nobody can miss a week for any reason, or start late, or take a break and play other games, etc... leading to burn out, disappointment, turning down "real life" activities if they care enough about Warframe rewards that they still feel the need to get (and you know some people will), and other undesirable effects. This is especially true if Nightwaves are back-to-back-to-back-to-back constant events (replacing alerts, so I assume this is the case), each one resetting your progress and starting the grind over again for exclusive time-limited, event-limited rewards that the hoarders and collectors and achievers will not want to pass up.

The only catch-up mechanic in the system is hunting down fugitives for 50-150 standing per mission... it's not nothing, but it's not going to make up for all that some people miss. Each week needs to provide more standing for late-comers... which will obviously allow hardcore and earlybirds to finish the normal ranks and hit prestige ranks really fast... I don't see this as the end of the world. Alerts (which this replaces) didn't enthrall the endgame players week after week... the forced "play every week, every day", heavy-handed approach is not welcome, IMO.

I'd also front-load Nightwave's rank up rewards with Wolf-Creds, and/or reward creds for challenges and fugitive captures so the system benefits newbies who need the wolf-cred store offerings more than anything else (newbies don't really need glyphs and sigils, for instance). I'd also offer a single Nitain for creds, and some chunks of Credits for 1-5 Wolf-creds, (so people can spend all their creds, and not be left with "extra" that aren't enough for a single purchase at the end of the event) - also replacing one of the Alert rewards that this event replaced without replacing.

To make Nighwaves even more friendly to latecomers (even those who miss the entire event) I'd make Nightwaves into Quests available from the codex once they are no longer live. I'd also make them "current quests" while the event is live, so you can set it as your active quest and force Fugitive and Wolf appearances in the missions that you run, instead of relying on RNG for their appearances (and prevent them from appearing in missions when it's not your active quest). Once a Nightwave goes into the Codex, I'd limit the ranks to 30. Prestige ranks would be for the current Nightwave only.

I'd add a "Wolf Beacon" to force the Wolf's appearance, available for wolf-cred from the cred shop - giving vets a reason to get wolf-cred if they have everything else in the shop. (Once the Nightwave is in the codex as a quest, and there are no prestige ranks to gain wolf-creds, the only way to buy these will be capturing fugitives and completing challenges - but it lets you continue focus on farming the Wolf for his weapon parts. He'd still randomly appear in your missions as long as it's your active quest, even without the beacons to force his appearance.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I think these suggestions fix everything that I see as a negative.

If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to post 😉

Perhaps if there were some alerts born out of the nightwave grind to allow for those who are otherwise unable to actively grind for several hours a day. For example if there were to be an increase in the amount of dailies a newer or casual player can do that pop up on the alerts that can work similar to Fortuna where if you complete them in a certain way (eg to capture a drone without it taking damage) you get a small bonus to standing. It can also be expanded upon to allow for some more lore based alerts as well. For example if the wolf of Saturn six were to lead a riot on a particular node it can show up on the alerts as a mini random event that can last for a set period of time.

Reaching out a little further into the depths of "out there" thoughts there can also be the possibility of chaining mission types together to create a side story mini quest type. My thoughts on this would be to start on a spy mission and depending on how well it was completed you get a bit of lore/standing. The next point gathered from the spy mission could be a mobile defense mission where the player can find information about the next point leading to excavation and so on leading up to an assassination mission. If it's done right there can be several paths to taking out certain targets that if completed will gain standing/ wolf creds and could be more interesting then just grinding for standing as well as providing some background to the warframe universe. Granted this is probably more effort the DE is probably willing to go to considering all the stuff they have going on but it has possibilities I think.

Topic is TL;DR but I need to chime in.

I'm MR20 with a little over 900 hours in the game, for what that's worth.

The Nightwave grind has put a damper on my gameplay. Taking away the random element and turning it into a grind has turned playing into a chore. No longer can I be pleasantly surprised by a Nitain alert; no, now I have to reach level 3 just to earn the GrindCreds to buy Nitain. Yes, I can get 5, but I have to grind my teeth while trying to explore a map to find unslotted Ayatan sculptures while ignoring my rando teammates trying to rush through the mission. Why did you have to turn it into a grind? WHY? Especially since I'm the kind of player that doesn't do sorties or The Index or whatever else elite tasks the Nightwave grind has that I'll never do. I'm glad that you came up with an system that min/maxers or people with no money and lots of time can grind, but some of us just like to play the game. Please consider adding alerts back as an option for people who don't want to grind Nightwave.

Also, yes I know this is an MMO and you have to grind anything, so the irony's not lost on me. I'm just saying that Nightwave is completely counter to the way I play and has seriously impacted my gameplay. I'm actually mad at the game and play something else instead.

--NT

11 hours ago, Ralsk said:

A lot of good suggestions have been made already so most of my focus here is how I feel about the new system.  Overall I can't say I enjoy Nightwave at all.  It's so depressing to not see any alerts and the navigation console feels empty when I go up to it.  Nightwave is just another faction to grind standing in as if we don't have enough of that already.  What's worse is you complete the daily challenge and it's like "Ok, so now what?"  There's nothing else new that may pop up later, nothing to stick around for until tomorrow.

Alerts always felt like something new and fresh and were nice, bite size content where it was easy to pick and choose what you wanted or didn't want.  I can't tell you how many times I'd be getting ready to log out and an alert would pop up that would make me play just one more mission and then another alert and another.  There was always a small thrill hearing "New alert marked on Navigation."

This new system feels like a job.  Like I "have" to do as many of these tasks as possible and a majority of them are not fun.  And 60 minutes survival is way too long.  I don't trust everyone's computer in a team to stay connected for that length of time.  Heck, these recent relic alerts at 30 minutes made me hold my breath most of the mission.  20-30 minutes max I think for endurance missions or, as others suggested, make it cumulative from multiple missions.

I just don't see why we can't have Nightwave AND the old alert system.  Best of both worlds, both sides would be happy.

I completely agree with this. I’ve been playing the game less ever since they removed the Alert system. Nightwave is boring and makes the game feel like a chore to me. And I’m not even thinking of doing these one hour challenges because I know there’s a very high chance of the game crashing (I’m on switch).  

4 hours ago, NuclearToast451 said:

Topic is TL;DR but I need to chime in.

I'm MR20 with a little over 900 hours in the game, for what that's worth.

The Nightwave grind has put a damper on my gameplay. Taking away the random element and turning it into a grind has turned playing into a chore. No longer can I be pleasantly surprised by a Nitain alert; no, now I have to reach level 3 just to earn the GrindCreds to buy Nitain. Yes, I can get 5, but I have to grind my teeth while trying to explore a map to find unslotted Ayatan sculptures while ignoring my rando teammates trying to rush through the mission. Why did you have to turn it into a grind? WHY? Especially since I'm the kind of player that doesn't do sorties or The Index or whatever else elite tasks the Nightwave grind has that I'll never do. I'm glad that you came up with an system that min/maxers or people with no money and lots of time can grind, but some of us just like to play the game. Please consider adding alerts back as an option for people who don't want to grind Nightwave.

Also, yes I know this is an MMO and you have to grind anything, so the irony's not lost on me. I'm just saying that Nightwave is completely counter to the way I play and has seriously impacted my gameplay. I'm actually mad at the game and play something else instead. 

--NT

While I can't give you accurate stats, when it comes to Orb Vallis or Nightfall, but I can tell you that I have put in 1174 hours of gaming time into Warframe and have enjoyed my time playing.

When Orb Vallis came out, I didn't care much for it, so I have spent very little time there, and did not have any reason to complain about it, as it didn't have any adverse effect on my gaming. But now with Nightwave, along with Nora's irritatingly superfluous hyperbole, this new addition has me looking for something else to play.

So NuclearToast451, I am in agreement, but rather than the "mad at the game" I would say that I am P.O.'d at the Devs for implementing this interferingly intrusive update.

Hi [DE]

I write you a feed back about the new event.

1) I have to say that I don't like such challenge where people fall in a every day stress to acheive mission for loots. FInally; bad for player, bad for the game spirit.

This can be balance by a long time even that will let people make mission they like with a very good chance to acheive it. I recommand to have a longer period for it.

2) Mission with a friend or clan. Ok you want to promote it. But you give the hardest mission that need organization in the team. You give the best  reward for such missions. I live this as an a double sentence for alone player. Beccause It is hard to organize hard mission it much easier for friends and clan. I think that people with friend and clan wil certainly be able to acheive these mission. Alone player may have a few chance to simply  find enough player to try it.

I would say; how to live the game with others is our problem. Don't choose for us.

If you absolutly whant to gIve a reward for people that have friend or a clan; give them small reward, not the best. It will be better for new players and alone players.

3) Long time mission are hard to organize (except for people with friends and clan. see before). please propose particular long mission that we can choose directly. We will have a chance to finish them because it is in this objective. It will also give  new kind of mission for people  that like long time mission.

4) Long time mission of 60 min seem to be a little longer. isn"t it?

5) I thing that old alert mod should continue for ressources mission. When you start he game, you use to choose such mission instead of farming in planets.

FInally, they are good thing in new alert; you use to do mission, you don't use to do and (re)discover these mission in the game. But give us the time to achieve them and acheive the event.

See you on Warframe 😉

Lots of people talking about how (un)rewarding Nightwave is with respect to cred farming, but there's something else that occurred to me. I visited Teshin in the relay today to remind myself about what I was missing out on and I found this:

JNSlKWT.png

I'm never going to do Conclave, but hey, guess what got recently added into regular old PvE Warframe? That's right, daily and weekly challenges! So, I humbly ask, GIVE US A DYNAMIC SYANDANA LIKE THIS FOR NIGHTWAVE! Please!

19 hours ago, Ralsk said:

Alerts always felt like something new and fresh and were nice, bite size content where it was easy to pick and choose what you wanted or didn't want.

This new system feels like a job.  Like I "have" to do as many of these tasks as possible and a majority of them are not fun.

I cherry-picked a few quotes here, because I wanted to add to my earlier post. The biggest problem I have with Nightwave is that it makes me work. For. Everything.

Alerts presented missions to me: Here, take this. Or not, you decide.

Nightwave makes me work for missions. "Run an excavation." OK, hmm which one should I do? Poke around the star chart a bit to find one that will work...

That's the real issue. Alerts were quick and easy snacks. Nightwave is a job.

--NT

23 часа назад, (PS4)Silverback73 сказал:

Nearing the end of week 2, my suggestions:

1.  Minimize any and all non-combat related challenges like the “perfect capture conservationist” challenge.  You aren’t working on Capture 2.0/3.0, right?  It’s just a timesink and it will never compete with the outstanding combat this game offers.

2.  Reduce 60 minute runs to 30 with Sortie-like challenges to ensure difficulty, or split 60 into 20/20/20.  Respect our busy lives.

3.  Make these events cyclical and have Tier rewards progress carry over for when it returns in 30 weeks.

4.  Reduce requirements to complete all Tier rewards by about 5% but include an“overachiever” reward for those who complete more than 75% on the first go-round.

5.  Reward general play to a greater extent by increasing spawn rates of fugitives, increase the mob size from 3 to 5, and increase the standing per Capture from 50 to 100.

Newer players will get hooked on playing for that 500 standing and vets will appreciate the flexibility to continue playing the game their way and still progress.

Fin

I would agree with all of that. Apart from 3 maybe.

And also for the love of the Void give the option to disable Nora's in mission transmissions. Having to listen to about 15+ seconds of nonsense in the heat of the fighting is not what I can enjoy.

Got nothing todo, finished the Fortuna Event, done all of Nightwave I can bare for the week, all my standing is maxed and all quests are completed and gone off the MR grind since NE is now a pain to aquire.

I miss having Alerts to break up my day and make the game feel more fun, sorry but Nightwave just doesn't tickle my reward centers like Alerts did, nor can I see my self bothering with them much more if they are sticking with the time limit and resetting everyone, which means I probably wont be bothering with the game anymore.

Good work DE, was really enjoying this game as well, now it just feels like an empty shell, lol just like you update, just more grind for less reward and nothing of substance yup dreamers you must really be asleep to still be enjoying this...

3 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

I would agree with all of that. Apart from 3 maybe.

And also for the love of the Void give the option to disable Nora's in mission transmissions. Having to listen to about 15+ seconds of nonsense in the heat of the fighting is not what I can enjoy.

Every time Nora speaks IN MISSION, have her grant +25 Nighteave standing.  I’m serious.

Initially I was impartial to the 60 minute survival challenges; the first 2 runs I was willing to accept the losses due to not preparing accordingly with the group. The last 4 runs however, me and several of the groups were screwed over due to host migrations, usually within 40-50 min. I have had been sent 2 times back to the orbiter with nothing to show for it, let alone any exp gained.

Perhaps you could decrease the time challenge to around 40-50 minutes or perhaps make it accumulative on higher difficulty planets. While I have nothing against 60 minutes itself, the peer-to-peer connection could cause unwanted losses, just because of internet connection.

As a long time player, I enjoy causal play as a space ninja.  I don't like the grind non combat tasks, such as hunting, fishing and mining.  I have already maxed out my Plains and Fortuna standing.  The Eidolon and Profit Hunter fights are no longer fun after completing more than a couple of times.   

I long ago ignored the alerts as they no longer have anything that I need.   I tried nightwave for the past 2 weeks, and will largely ignore most of the challenges  for the next 8 weeks if changes are not made.

What would be useful to me if challenges were more like rivens:

+  A challenge pool  to choose from, but restrict to a number of active challenges selected at any give time.   Challenges should based on difficulty with the appropriate reward.  This would help fix the issue of challenges that can't be completed by players because they don't have the equipment, or MR.  Players can change the challenges challenges that they have selected, but they loose can progress any a current challenge and may loose the opportunity to complete the unselected challenge if it is no longer available.

+ All challenges offered change daily.  There are no daily/weekly challenges.   Players can keep challenges until they complete. 

+ For challenges that need a friend or clanmate, only one person needs to have the challenge but everyone meets the criteria will get credit.   Credits, however,  can not be doubled up for the same challenge selected by more than one person.

+ Remove time limit from challenges to be completed.  This allows players to complete on their schedule  

+  Perhaps a schedule cap could be enforced so that so that players can not get ahead of the schedule, but players have an opportunity to catch up.  Players that don't have time to play only the weekend should be able to catch up if they are able to put in the time when they can.  Something like each week there is a tier cap for all players.  For example: 

Week 1 = tier 3 unlocked 

Week 2 = Tier 6 unlocked

That way Tier 30 can't be unlocked until the 10th.

That being said, here are my likes an dislikes about nightwave:

+ I like the concept of being able to work towards rewards instead of being totally random

+ I like the challenges that can be run with the missions I am running anyway, like the kill 150 enemies with a specific damage type.challenges, or unlock X number of relics.  Those are fun and add some extra challenge to running a standard mission.  Those I will do, just for the challenge, but not to get nighwave cred.

- I am not going to hunt, fish or mine if I don't have to and won't likely do it for Nightwave.  So, I ignored the hunting challenge.

- Time limit and Stingy rewards:  Having to stick to a schedule to unlock 3 tiers a week to get the final reward is self defeating.  The time limit makes it seem like an unreachable goal to get to the final tier. Most of the rewards are nice to get but not worth the effort.    

- At my level, there is very little to scan that I have not already scanned.

- The time limit of these challenges can also be self defeating.   Why try to to complete Cephalon scan objectives if it will most likely be over before I can finish?  

- Endurance challenges don't have enough of a risk -reward payoff for me.  5k is much too little for the time to invest in the challenge. That is only half a tier for a hour of gameplay.   The Risk of having a game crash and losing the investment in that amount of time is much too high for the limited payoff.    I have tried endurance challenges back when VOID keys were the only way to get prime parts.  Back then you used a Void key instead of relics and could share a Void key and play as long as you wanted.  So once your got a group together you would try to stick with it until you got the part you were going for or you could not last any longer.   All that went away with the current relic system you have to use a new relic every 5 minutes, but back then you could go as long as you wanted on one key.   The endless mission types still have a A,B,C, C rotation reward that does not improve over time.  There is no reason to keep going anymore for me, other than to fight against higher level enemies. 

- At my level most of my friends and clanmates  don't play regular any more, so they are not interested in Nightwave anyway.   Therefore, I don't have any friends or clanmates that can run most of these (Friend /Clanmate) challenges with me.

- I don't need to run any more bounties on plains, so I am not going to do any more bounty challenges just for Nightwave.

- So, this week, I completed all the NIghtwave challenges except for the 60 minute endurance challenges just to try it out.  For the most part it was too grindy and not fun.

- Fugitive capture awards are not worth the effort for 150 points.

These are my likes and dislikes.   Others may have differences based on their situations.  

On 2019-03-04 at 3:47 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Friend / Clan Challenges - "I have no friends/my friends don't play Warframe".

Friends / Clan Challenges - Some say "I don't have xbox gold and can only play in Solo" or similar stuff I have seen from xbox console players.

Friends/clan challenges have/had bugs or hidden restrictions.

Sortie with friends problem: only the hosting player can complete it, and only if the sortie is not "Complete". https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1064652-sortie-with-friends-nightwave-act/

Survival with friends Problem 1: 60 minutes of Orokin Derelict Survival did not appear to work, at least it is what others are saying. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1066521-bug-with-nightwave-60-minutes-survival-with-friends-challenge/

Survival with friends Problem 2: The new solo extract, currently on PC update, have created a problem with this challenge. Challenge is delayed until extraction. It requires extract together at the same time to work. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1068012-nightwave-survival-with-friends-bug/ Really need to change to automatically complete the challenge immediately at 60:00 of the survival time, and not delay until extraction.

Please remove "with clan mates or friends" and the 1 hour kuva survival challenges. Don't make me waste my time because other people are not prepare for this 1 hour kuva and all the groups I try fail. The Challenges need to be more of doing certain number of missions or waves and not torturing me for 1 hour. This is not fun.  

I'll preface this with saying I have only glanced over the thread, so I am sure some of my opinions are echoes of others'. I ignored most alerts before this, only doing the occasional rare potato or nitain alert.

I wish Nora had as much substance as she has style. It was nice being called a badass the first time, but while her design is cool and I love the quotes and references, the repetition of the voice clips starts grinding on me. I also don't feel very involved in the Saturn Six story. I mean, I have little connection to her or what transpires, apart from the cutscene. Perhaps this changes as the Nightwave season advances? That is the intent with this new system, isn't it? For now, I am not feeling the bad moon. The Wolf of Saturn Six reared his ugly head only once for me so far and was gone just as quickly as he appeared. In this regard, these first two weeks felt a little underwhelming.

Apart from that, I do agree with the clan mates/friend challenges being a misstep. Especially if they take an entire hour to do. Please don't do those anymore, or at least make them more reasonable. I was really frustrated when I accidentally triggered a life support pod, when I wanted to - and the interface indicated that I was about to - pick up a nearby kuva converter around the 40th minute. Killed the mood something fierce - one misstep like that and it's a gigantic waste of my time.

I wish the challenges were more connected to the Saturn Six story. Maybe a weekly tailored mission, with a special capture/hijack/elimination target or whatever, with some Sortie/Nightmare like modifiers. Maybe a weekly guaranteed Wolf encounter, during that mission.

I feel indifferent about the rewards system as I cannot make up my mind whether or not this is good or bad for new and old players. You are clearly trying hard to strike a balance and make this work, I can see that.Anyway, maybe make the cosmetic rewards a choice? Instead of taking the fashion bits and bops, allow to instead get an amount of credits to spend on stuff in Nora shop. Gives incentive to players who do not care about cosmetics and a strategic choice for new players. 

I do personally like that it is a mix of cosmetics and resources, I feel mixed about timed exclusiveness of it, less because of the exclusive part and more because of the time pressure part. Ten weeks sounds like ample time though, and 65~% of all challenges as Steve said, I believe, also sounds reasonable to me.

I am also unsure about the wolf credit offerings, prestige ranks being only credits: Most players achieving ranks past 30 will likely not need anything in the Nora shop. Maybe allow prestige credit bought rewards to be gifted to random active players below MR x? Like.. make it an option. That would be incentive for me personally not to ignore those prestige ranks. Make me feel that community of tenno sigil, not just wear it.

This is obviously a big change and undertaking for the team at DE and I am certain that given time, feedback and statistics, you guys can work out the kinks and make it better. Overall I am optimistic about this and feel generally positive about the change.

Thanks for considering my feedback!