Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

"i dont want to play a game so i wont play it, reward me anyways with cheap and easy capture missions insted"

no

I do want to play this game, but I don't want to grind unnecessarily for the same rewards as before, because I am clever.

The quick alert system was successful for 6 years - why replace it with something worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

I do want to play this game, but I don't want to grind unnecessarily for the same rewards as before, because I am clever.

The quick alert system was successful for 6 years - why replace it with something worse.

grind unnecessarily? so getting mods form challenge rooms that take a flew secs to find, and can be done in a capture mission and u cna equip all 4, and u can then srell them ods for plat or heaven forbid use them?

what is this complaint? and ur too busying being on hear complaining instead of doing them?

tell me good sir... do u perhaps spend ur entire time in hydron because u want to stat pad ur mastery by being carried? do u only do capture fissures? do u buy all ur frames instead of farming? what kind of person are u?

• Like 2

With fugitives giving 100 instead of 50 standing I'm perfectly happy with this system and I hope DE will keep it.

i just hope that elite alerts will not become tasks such as pick 4 flowers. These are not necessary to reach the goal and if somebody finds some of them too hard to tedious he is able to simply skip them and still reach the rank 30 with Nightwave.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

grind unnecessarily? so getting mods form challenge rooms that take a flew secs to find, and can be done in a capture mission and u cna equip all 4, and u can then srell them ods for plat or heaven forbid use them?

what is this complaint? and ur too busying being on hear complaining instead of doing them?

tell me good sir... do u perhaps spend ur entire time in hydron because u want to stat pad ur mastery by being carried? do u only do capture fissures? do u buy all ur frames instead of farming? what kind of person are u?

I see that you know nothing about me - and you are denying my valid points on this broken system - so I will just assume, that you are a troll and I will stop responding to your posts.

7 minutes ago, LightZodiac said:

With fugitives giving 100 instead of 50 standing I'm perfectly happy with this system and I hope DE will keep it.

i just hope that elite alerts will not become tasks such as pick 4 flowers. These are not necessary to reach the goal and if somebody finds some of them too hard to tedious he is able to simply skip them and still reach the rank 30 with Nightwave.

if ur on pc...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LightZodiac said:

I disagree and fugitives will only give you 100 xp in Orb Vallis until the current event finishes in 10 days.

5 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

I see that you know nothing about me - and you are denying my valid points on this broken system - so I will just assume, that you are a troll and I will stop responding to your posts.

as you wish, all ur saying is "i dont want to do the challenges, bring back the capture and exterminate alerts" but im not understanding what missions and or challenges ur taking offence to

Initially I thought Nightwave was a welcome change and better than the alert system, but the more I play with it, the more I'm feeling stressed out and pressured by the system.

The #1 thing that would benefit me is to have some kind of progress marker on rep so I know where I need to be to be "in line" with the projection of partial completion getting me to the end of the rep bar and all of the goodies. As it is now, I'm uncertain, and that adds a lot of pressure. The "N/10 missions" completion counter doesn't tell me anything, because daily missions are worth so much less progress than the elite weekly missions. If there were a progress bar so I know I'm "in line" then I could more easily skip tasks which are hard for me or unpleasant for me to do.

The weekly turnover is also reminiscent of WoW daily grinding for me, which is not a good thing (I mostly quit WoW because of the daily grind.) Because of the uncertainty of how much I can skip in order to complete the event, and the feeling that all of my progress (catalysts, reactors, nitain, etc.) is now tied to this system rather than to the old alert system, I now feel that time not spent working on a Nightwave task is time I am wasting, which adds unpleasant time pressure to everything, especially if it's a task I need to learn how to do or which I have any trouble with. I could more easily skip some if I knew how much I could skip and still get all of the rewards, but because there are some tasks I can't do because I'm not ready for them, and some I just plain dislike doing at all, I feel like I have to do all the tasks I possibly can to make up for that, including holding my nose and doing some things I find tedious or that I would usually avoid doing because they're buggy for me (like Vallis bounties, which bug out for me in various ways all the time, so having a task to do those means I have to allot extra time for restarting due to bugs).

What would help me with the weekly system is that if instead of aging out at the end of each week, they dropped to the bottom of the list and could still be completed by the end of the ten week event. Partially completed tasks could be on top of completely uncompleted tasks, and perhaps there could be some kind of search filter for tasks to cut it down to a more manageable list in looking for something to do.

The dailies so far have been easy enough that I'm not finding them to cause a problem. I very much appreciate that I have more than a day to do them. Missing one also wouldn't have as big a cost.

I think those changes could turn Nightwave into something I could enjoy. I find it rather bizarre that I actually preferred the completely arbitrary time-based alert system, because certainly I was missing all sorts of goodies there all of the time, but the difference for me is that if I missed an alert, it felt out of my hands, not like something I failed to do, whereas if I miss a Nightwave task, it's because "I didn't try hard enough to do it," even if I just plain didn't have enough time to do it in the week. So Nightwave feels like a mandatory thing I have to do, whereas alerts were a "nice bonus," that I was getting into often enough that I tended to get most of the things I wanted. I wish I could just let undone Nightwave tasks go, but because I am constantly anxious about missing too many and not getting the sweet rewards at the end, I can't, so every day I log in I feel like I MUST do them if there are still any undone. It's the opposite of how pleased I felt if I logged in and there was a nitain alert up. 

I don't think I want the old system back, because I think Nightwave can be tuned to be better; I just want this new system to have less time pressure and better feedback on progress so that I can skip tasks according to my actual preferences instead of feeling like I have to do them all in order to get the end rewards. Maybe I'm too casual a player, but I feel like there isn't enough time to do enough of the tasks in a week (because I don't yet know how much is enough to suffice), plus _also_ get to play the parts of the game that I actually, y'know, enjoy, which I've been getting to do precious little of since Nightwave launched. Nightwave as it is is right now is far too much of eating my vegetables and not enough dessert, and I'd much rather that my games be games, not chores.

TL;DR: 1) Change the progress marker to total rep from weekly task count, so I can know if I can safely skip some tasks and still get end rewards. 2) No weekly reset; let us finish tasks through the whole cycle, adding new tasks each week but not removing unfinished old ones, to reduce time pressure.

Just now, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

being rude to other people wont make them care about yours ether 😊 

I don't really care what other players think about my opinion either, DE made a topic in which they ask for feedback on Nightwave and I had given mine.

DE,

As others have already stated on this thread, you need to bring back the previous alert system or at least something very similar to it. I also understand that you (DE) introduced the nightwave feature to to give us players a reason to continue playing. As such I think it would be a good idea to do the following: 

1: Have the nightwave rewards be currently available relics, formas/umbral formas, and wolf credits.

2: The wolf credits could then be used to purchase warframe part schematics (not the prime variants, which are obtained from relics, just the regular versions) and cosmetic items like warframe helmet schematics and weapon skins.

3: Everything else, including Orokin Catalysts and Reactors, must be made available with out having to grind for 3 to 4 weeks on a set schedule. Most preferably having those items awarded to the player upon completing the mission/alert that is giving them.

4: Increase the amount of nightwave challenges available so that there will be something for the both the dedicated players, those who like endurance runs etc, and the casual players. This will ensure both groups can enjoy the content at their own pace with out ruining the others experience.

Ok, so with this rare gems in Orb Vallis... how should I put it...

It says "mine Rage Gems". I mined Thyst . Progress 0. Just guess what triggered the progress bar to move. HESPERON! I have a couple of problems with that:

1) Last time I checked it was an ore, not a gem

2) It's a god damned hesperon! Are you kidding me?!

At least Zodian seems to trigger it properly.

Edit:

After another 10-ish nodes it seems that "bonus" rare gems are not accounted for this challenge. Only if you are lucky enough to get Thyst/Zodian as base mined gem. Still I'm pretty annoyed by hesperon being a thing.

Edited by Darth_Predator

The 1-hour survival challenges are fine.  It's the only time I can get a group together for a nice long survival, and I think it's a fair challenge.  You could consider reducing it to 40 minutes to make it easier on people, because that keeps some of the length while not letting the enemies level to oneshot territory where it gets tedious for a lot of people.

The "complete 5 sorties" challenge is way too much time investment.  It takes at least a half an hour to complete a sortie, and I don't enjoy them in the first place.  Expecting players who aren't interested in sorties to do 5 of them in one week to keep up with Nightwave levels is absurd.  1/week is fine, and 2/week would be okay if the 1/week isn't "enough", but 5/week is just awful.

There should be some indication of how much we need to progress per week to complete the battle pass by the end of it.  I can't tell how many of these stupid challenges I can afford to skip.

1-hour survival is fine, but it can be reduced to 40 minutes for the same effect while reducing frustration.

5 sorties in a single week is way too much.  1 was good, 2 would be okay, but 5 in a single week is over 2 hours of time investment and a daily requirement of half an hour.  Sorties aren't even fun or rewarding in the first place.

We need some indication of how much progress we need to complete the battle pass by the end.  I can't tell how many of these garbage challenges (like 5 sorties in a week) I can afford to skip.

Nora's voice is annoying as heck.  She has too few lines and a very distinctive vocal style that just pisses me off with repeated exposure.  Can we get a mute toggle for her?

This new system is annoying...

"Complete 5 sorties"

Really??!!

One of the statements to introduce the new system was that you can complete challenges at your own pace when you feel like it. How the hell can I do it at my own pace now? This week you need to play sortie almost EVERY DAY.

Why not release all challenges in 1 go? That way you can select which ones you want to do. And there should be enough of them so you still don't have to do every single one in order to get all the items. Because one of the problems right now is that everybody is doing all the challenges since nobody knows when the event will be over. Right now we all just collect as much standing as possible.

I like the new system. But it's just putting more pressure (on me) to do everything. Whereas the previous one is 'oh, I missed a forma. it'll come back...'

EDIT: the goal of the new system should be that you don't need to invest 30 times the amount of time you had to invest in the old system

Edited by _Blackeye_

VOID TRACES: The only thing I have an issue with is that I can`t get void traces anymore. The amount of void traces you receive is too RNG, the amount you get in fissure mission it between 6 – 40 and that’s bad and doing void traces alerts made me able to get argon crystals also. Most ppl don`t know this but they are a very valuable resource. You NEED to add them so ppl can purchase them with wolf cred at lease make it either 50 or 100 void traces that we can purchase them. PLEASE DO SO. (same goes for tellurium and argon crystals) 

1H SURVIVAL: When it comes to 1h survival it depends. If it`s kuva survival, I don`t mind coz I get something in return however, if its just a normal survival then yh im not into that so basically if you only do a 1h survival on the kuva fortress idc if not, just make it 30 mints.  

USEFUL SUGESSTION: Add the WOS alerts on the wf app. This will be very useful so ppl can keep track of their progress without being on wf.

6 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Wow a new week of Nora's stupid acts - and you guessed it they suck - DE stop forcing players to play these stupid acts - it's more time consuming and grindy and less rewarding, but most importantly it's not fun to play.

I'd never wanted to agree with a statement like this, but unfortunately, this time I can 100% agree. The challenges are pretty boring, time consuming and make a lot of pressure on the player. I also have a work which is boring, time consuming and makes me under pressure...I don't need a game (which is meant to be *fun*) to do the same...

The first week I thought this new system was cool. Now, as the new challenges pop out, it has become pretty tedious to me. And if it is the actual trend of future updates, I don't know if I can deal with it too much tbh...

Edited by (PS4)nating51

6 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

so being rewarded for doing stuff u should already be doing is a bad system?

Who are you to tell me what I should or should not be doing in a game? I will play the bits I want to play and ignore the rest.

Newish player here. Started sometime in February, so I had the alert system for a while, and now Nightwave. Nightwave isn't too bad, but the daily stuff is infuriating sometimes. Multiple 150 kills with X damage type in a row was pretty damn boring. The weeklies are mostly okay I suppose, obviously I can't do some of them yet. I wouldn't mind seeing a return of the per mission extra affinity challenges though, I'm not sure why they were removed. They were quite fun, but now they're just.. gone.

A friend of mine made a very good remark regarding alerts vs Nightwave: alerts were restricted to specific missions, leading to multiple open public lobbies available for these missions. That's gone with Nightwave.

• Like 1

I was excited by the new alert system but now I think it's ruining the game for me.

My wife and I have limited time to play and that used to be fine. We could load up Warframe and choose what we wanted to do. It generally takes us a long time to get anywhere, especially for my wife but we were fine with that.

The old alert system was annoying but we're patient and accepted that we would have to wait for the various items to pop up at a time when we were available. 

Now it feels like the gameplay is dictated. IF we want the Nightwave rewards, and we do, then we have no choice but to participate.

The game is no longer about choice for us, we can't just jump in and say, hey let's go get that mod we want or let's just mess around on low level stuff.

If there was part of the game I or my wife did not generally enjoy it was fine, we could take part in that activity every now and again, eventually, we'll get the standing or whatever it is we need to progress.

This week though...

Go mining at some point, yey one of the dullest parts of the game woop woop! 

Do 8 Orb Valis bounties, I don't enjoy Orb Valis, yey!

Go fishing... ffs

My wife hates Lua so we rarely go... Wonderful

5 sorties in a week... We usually manage one or two a week! We don't have time to play every day but to do this we would need to.

The vaults are on our, very long, to do list but again we like player choice, not dictation. 

I could go on whining, and I know some of this is personal preference and some is perception but the best part of this game for me was that I could, for the most part, play how I wanted.  If I wanted to play stealth then go for it, godmode through missions in under 2 mins why not. Stug slime someone's foot and watch them rocketman cartwheel into the ceiling. Fill your boots!

last week all our free time together( I get a little more time solo) was spent doing wolf stuff and it was Sunday before we could actually just "play".

Right now I feel like I have to do wolf stuff, I know this isn't really the case but I still feel like I have to. And I don't really want to take part this week, just wanna have fun in the game. So I logged in and now... I'm just not interested. I don't feel like I can just have fun because my free time is limited and "what if I don't do enough" so any time I play I feel like I should be doing wolf stuff.

I do think there is a relatively easy solution though. Don't dictate what people can do to earn Nightwave standing just cap the amount at a weekly say 45k for missions, unlimited for captures and make every challenge available all the time and add a few more general ones like, completed any 20 missions.

If I understand correctly 30k per week is enough to get Nightwave to 30 by the end of the phase so this would be more than enough and keep player choice without letting people blast through in a week. 

IIRC you only need to do 60% of Nightwave stuff to get to 30... But to me, that translates to "Holy crap I have to do at least 60%, what if life happens and I can't take part for a week or 2, I'm going to have to do every bit that I can so I don't miss out!"  ATM I'm averaging 4 ranks a week which should be more than enough but my wife is struggling to get 3 which, if this only runs for 10 weeks... won't be.

Last weekend we were going to focus on relics for my wife because... Baro... but we couldn't do as much as we wanted because she had to do wolf stuff. We mostly missed the Razorback last time because, life, and we missed it completely this time because, Nightwave.

At the moment I won't be able to relax playing the game until I get to 30 or I've done everything I can in a given week which this week means do a fair amount of things I'm just not in the mood for. Which make Waframe feel like a chore, which means I just don't want to play.

I was hoping that having a rant on the forums would make me feel better but it hasn't... I'm off to... Well, I was going to play Warframe but now I'm really not in the mood.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Can we not have 5 sorties in a week for 5k, again this a balance thing, 3 at most.  Sorties aren't hard for 'veterans' but they can take a long time if we get a bad rotation of missions.

7 hours ago, Telogor said:

5 sorties in a single week is way too much.  1 was good, 2 would be okay, but 5 in a single week is over 2 hours of time investment and a daily requirement of half an hour.  Sorties aren't even fun or rewarding in the first place.

Yeah I agree with people so far that 5 Sorties is a little much, if no other reason than your gonna need to be able to play around 1 hr on 5 different days to finish the challenge. I mean the dailies are around for 3 days to make sure people have time to do them without logging in everyday but this week if you cant log in almost everyday to play you end up missing a challenge, and not because of lack of skill or inability to do them(not far enough in the story, etc.) but because you have a life/family/job/other commitments that keep you from being able to game 24/7. I personally think 3 sorties max for a week as a challenge because to do the all dailies in a week you would have to log in at least 3 times anyways.

————

While I understand the sentiment the alert system while still a way better alternative to this new nightwave system had multiple issue of its own. There were actually many people asking for changes to the alert system for quite a while, which is what probably lead to nightwave in the first place. People were not happy that you could miss a great alert while sleeping or away from the game only to not see the alert for that item again for weeks sometimes. Veteran players also wanted the alerts to get better reward items because at a certain point the alert rewards became almost useless to them and made alerts feel like they were basically for newbies. The only thing is I just dont think most people expected random mostly new player friendly alerts to be replaced with a battle pass aimed at more advance players and that requires so much work and commitment that it would actually make most people miss random limited time alerts. So while understand the otter frustration with nightwave and agree that I would prefer alerts to come back, its just not true or fair to say that nobody had issues with alerts.

I guess it would be neat to have more focus on daily Nightwave challenges, perhaps mission specific ones, to provide more things to do for people who don't have as much time to do all the high end weekyl stuff.

9 hours ago, LightZodiac said:

That's only on Orb Vallis, and will likely stop when the double rewards stop.  I have only been getting 3x50 outside of there.