Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

I think that we should give some coins everytime when we ranked up(maybe 10?).Before we have 4 Nitain everyday in alarms.Although some of us may only get one everyday.But now we must ranked up for 5 times(50k prestige) to get only 50 coins.That's so bad for someone who want Nitain to make item.By the way,i think the price of the item should be changed as well.That's all i can see in my view.Thank you.

Nightwave adds nothing to the game that was not already in the game, it only takes away options for how to play or earn rewards.

Things like kuva survival challenges are already in the game if you enjoy it play it, don't force people to play it. Do you like to play with friends? ok, you already can. No need to force others. Do you like riven challenges like silent exterminte, already in the game, go play whenever you like. Sorties, in, the, game.

I enjoy all of the above also but when I want to do, doing it just to check of a checklist is pointless. If I currently don't need any resorce or reward from the activity why force just for nightwave?

Now you also get teammates in the game that only play for the daily or weekly challenge. They don't give any thought to the mission, they only want to complete their challenge. This also leads to trolling griefers haveing a more 'fun' time because they can do more harm, players not equiped and ready for sorties, AFK players and just more bad feelings between players that was not present in game before nightwave.

Nightwave elite challenges are not hard or challenging except the 7 day timelimit makes them difficult to do for 10 weeks.

Then the players or warframe partners, streamers not affected by the new system belitteling the conserns of those that are affected just shows how bad it is.

I do not want all rewards for free or instantly, I have thousands of hours spent on this game across different platforms. I just want to be able to play the game on my on time like I could before Nightwave. You can make the grind 10 times more I don't care but don't take away my options on how to play the game. I could write more but english is not my native language so it is hard to convey my thoughts on this new 'reward' system.

(Sorry about my english it's not my native language)

I'm pretty happy with the actual system I don't understand why are people so mad about it. It gives goals and it encourages players to do activities less popular and it's great for new players. I'm thinking about lua mods right now.

Yeah k 1h survival isn't thrilling and more so with limitations like 'Don't activate life support' because mistakes/trolls are real but still it was one challenge, it's not the end of the world.

I don't understand the hate for challenges like 'play with a clanmate or a friend' lol anyway we have to be in a clan for the dojo, if you can't find clanmates, and don't have friend (well first think about finding another clan or about recruiting...) , look for friends in recruitement chat.

What I don't like it's the fugitives capture, it's ok 20 times but now I can't stand it anymore I'm ignoring them ...

Edited by Individualisme

I don't know how many Chinese players reply to this threads here, so I will just put some feedbacks from my clan here.

Conclusion is, almost everyone did not like this system, in some big Chinese fan sites, this is even cosidered as a big reason to give up this game.

And the reason is:

first, for old players, they don't really like the rewards as they almost have every mods they want, and they already build everything that needs Nitain Extract. So...they won't say it's not attractive, but they still have tons of other things to do.

second, most importantly, it's terrible for new beginners, for those users that needs every mods in the reward pool, I got every blueprints now for Ivara, but I can't build it because I don't have Nitain Extract, and I am a totally new beginners to the game, for the first two weeks of this night wave, I can only finish half of the missions, which give me only 50 credits to exchange some rewards, and I can only spend them on mods, in another words, I think I need another one month I can have enough coins to exchange some Nitain Extract which makes me impossible to build Ivara in the next coming month...this feels completely crazy, and it can easily be done by old alert system in one or two weeks.

last, fugitives are extremly crazy for beginners, I saw some guys just wandering in early earth missions repeatly killed by fugitives, I won't say it's a pleasant feeling for new comers that are still not used to the games.

The opinions in our clan is that we will like this night wave if we can still have some other ways to obtain those crital resources for the game(Nitain Extracts and MODs) or the rewards can be something that a user can choose and can benifit both new guys and old players. Some one suggest that you can make those crital stuff as additional rewards in those elite weekly missions. 

Well, this is all I want to state, thank you.

• Like 1

I love the ideas and activities behind them but feel that some may be a little to much (pointing at the hour long survivals). I think some of the more long/hard activities could be half'd but I love what they are making me go do. Some examples is making the survival 30min instead of a hour, 3 sculptures instead of 5, 3 sorties instead of 5, 5 perfect captures instead of 10, ETC. I think most of these are pretty fair and this is a minor complaint/critic but I certainly feel the majority of people don't go into the hard core end game grinding that would make some of these much more do able and therefore I think some lenience on the difficulty should be considered (mostly the hour survival).

People who can only play on weekends got screwed with the 5 sortie challenge.

Stop trying to push daily commitments on your playerbase, it'll only burn them out.
This isn't a job, it's supposed to be entertainment AFAIK. Let us play it when WE want to.

It’s better to have your players leave your game happy...if they leave happy...they will always come back.

...but if they're exhausted from the daily logins, they'll give up eventually.

And no, I don't think "but it's free" is a good argument here.
Being free is not an excuse anymore, not in today's market, with so much competition.

Also I hold DE to a higher standard than the rest of the F2P (and not only F2P) industry because I believe they're better than that, and more importantly willing to listen.

Edited by Shifted

8 times bounties are too much like a tedious grind already. Which is my current biggest concern of nightwave, due to this repetitive most of people would only do the lowest bounties to swift pass it. Instead of which means any accomplishment of its completion.

Here is a example, that design its battle pass for different type of players.

Players can complete them all but they also have options of pick what they can most fit to their game play to reach final goal.

KQbcBui.jpg

Edited by Scarletwing

I think the Challenges so far have been fine however they do need some tweaking .

Ive seen a lot of complaints about the kuva survival but it really was not that bad considering that you could easily be carried but people need to remember that it was an elite weekly. That challenge worked because we would be walking away with kuva and rep . i have no problem with long runs like that as long as there is another incentive besides just 5k rep.  

The fIll 5 ayatan was another on that ive heard complaints about , imo the only thing wrong about it is that its was not an elite weekly. The way i see it elite weekly challenges  should be targeted towards players who have completed the star chart . Id also like the see the elite weekly challenges be more of a tests of an individuals skill and understanding about the games mechanics rather than being able to be carried (like the kuva surv mentioned above).

In Fortnite's Battle Pass system, which Steve and a bunch of y'all have stated was the basis/inspiration of Nightwave, Battle Pass challenges remain if you don't finish them on the week that they unlock. This, I think, is a very important thing to consider when looking into Nightwave Series 2.

One of the major complaints of the alert system is that it had a Pay 2 Sleep mentality to it, with them inherently being time limited. The new system, while an improvement, doesn't really fix that. People's schedules are busy, and many can't afford to commit the whole 10 weeks of a Nightwave series, thus making skipping out on around 2 weeks of content a real bummer. Pay 2 Sleep has really shifted into Snooze, U Lose. If every challenge (at least the Elite Weeklies, since they're hardcore challenges for many, just inaccessible for newbies) was accessible for the whole series time, it would take a lot of weight off of the player to log on everyday. I understand that player retention is important, but Nightwave either makes people that can't log on consistently feel like garbage, or enables an unhealthy routine of never closing Warframe and casting aside real priorities.

Also, I would probably consider upping the amount of Nightwave Cred that is available in the reward tiers rather than pushing them into prestige levels, as Steve has told us. A lot of people won't make it to those prestige levels. Everybody needs Nitain Extract & Potatoes to build new Frames, beginners need those sword blueprints for MR or a fun weapon to try out, people that want to Fashionframe need those helmets to make their frames look cool. The current Wolf Cred distribution is so unrewarding that Platinum farming for the items in the Cred Offering pool (other than the exclusives) is a better option. When 1/4 of the reward tree's Wolf Cred goes to ONE potato, there's an issue.

Edited by SparklyPrince
  • Like 5

On 2019-03-04 at 1:47 PM, [DE]Bear said:

So at first pass, we are seeing some concerns rise to the top:

• Ayatan Challenges - too RNG dependent.
  • Survival Challenges - too long in one sitting.
  • Friend / Clan Challenges - "I have no friends/my friends don't play Warframe". 

I personally do not think that any of the Nightwave challenges have been an issue. 

The only issue I have is the with the "quantity" of the some of the challenges (do "8" bounties, fill "5" ayatans, etc.). 

Just fine-tuning some of the quantitative aspects, in my opinion, would solve the issue completely. The actual qualitative nature of the challenges is great. 

The truth is that you will never be able to please all players. New players will complain about not having access to some challenges due to their skill level/completion, while the veteran players will complain about having to do meaningless stuff that only benefit new players. There's no way to please them all. It almost seems like at times, some people just don't like playing the game/are only interested in rewards, and I think that's a problem because it represents an entire generation of Tenno who have an incredibly mercenary mentality. 

Nightwave still hasn't finished obviously by the time of this post, but I don't think there is an issue with any of challenges. I think you guys (DE) have a good sense of what needs to be done. Nightwave has given me, a fairly experienced player (2k+ hours in the game) a sense of direction. A lot of content I ignored is being brought back to my attention (and enjoyment), which is resulting in me gaining greater mastery of the game overall. 

I think that the players who are complaining about stuff (esp the 1 hour survival complainers) are just people who are, frankly, lazy. They don't want to get challenged by a game. They don't want to work for anything. They don't want to interact with the community or make friends. They just want to "have fun", whatever that means...the truth is that Warframe is a challenging game, and it is very opaque at times, and it can be frustrating and overly grindy. I still get mad at the game sometimes. There's still certain mechanics/systems that I don't agree with. But that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the sense of challenge. 

My end point is: DE, keep up the good work. It's important to listen to the community, but please don't listen to the lazies who just want everything to be easy. And don't listen to the jaded vets either who are only interested in endgame content. Keep it balanced; my suggestion is to just adjust the quantitative aspects of the challenges. Make it 3 sculptures instead of 5. Make it 4 bounties instead of 8. Make it 40 minutes of survival instead of 60. Stuff like that. Keep people invested in the core game. And if the core game has grown stale, then improve it. But don't listen to the complainers and naysayers who are only interested in rewards and aren't loyal to/interested in playing the core game. 

Im enjoying all the content Nightwave has brought so far, my one main gripe so far...really, anyone complaining about the 1hr survival...I enjoy it, I know others who enjoy it, yes we could use a bit more for what time we put in, but I like it. It encourages people to see more than just 5 or 10 mins...speaking of which, I personally think anyone complaining about something that caters to endurance runners, are just part of the bite sized community. Thats all I have been seeing, people complaining about the survival challenge because they are used to spending 5 mins in, or dont have time....lie, you just dont want to put in the work. Not all of us enjoy that, some of us enjoy a challenge, and Kuva survival is that challenge for some of us. I can understand some struggling with getting a friend or two to help with it, but come on, there is a recruit tab, or get some friends off your friends list (ps4 player) who also play the game. As rude as this came off ((because someone will get triggered)) I do not hold ill will to anyone, just to the bite sized community.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario

25 minutes ago, METAHUMVN said:

Nightwave still hasn't finished obviously by the time of this post, but I don't think there is an issue with any of challenges. I think you guys (DE) have a good sense of what needs to be done. Nightwave has given me, a fairly experienced player (2k+ hours in the game) a sense of direction. A lot of content I ignored is being brought back to my attention (and enjoyment), which is resulting in me gaining greater mastery of the game overall. 

This is the good part of Nightwave, of course. 

BUT

I definitely agree with all people saying that time gated stuff in a game like WF is simply nonsense. I can accept a (recurring) event here and there, that's ok (such as plague star, buried debts, acolytes, etc.) but the core of the entire alert system now it's a complete mess to me. Yesterday I play wf only to end the acts of WOSS. That was *a monumental bore*, some hours that I would like to have spent farming kuva, relics, forma and testing some weapons and so on..

Please DE, adjust/rethink this complete nonsense of time-gating alerts. This is the kind of stuff that makes me think of simply give up the game after 1800 hours invested...

• Like 1

Hello, DE staff.

I have to admit weekly challenges in warframe are much more enjoyable than in some other online games due to variety and menu accessibility. Great job!

As a veteran, I did enjoy the lengthy and challenging mission of 60 minutes of kuva survival. Wasn't the most difficult mission for me but I assume it may be extremely challenging to other players who don't have a selection of maxed out warframes and weapons. Still, please add a single tough challenge like that every week. While dailies and most other weeklies are a matter of grind or doing a specific thing, I only think it is reasonable to have a tough challenge for those players who have achieved alot already and would rather play a challenging mission than do more grind. It feels really good to complete a tough mission and get something extra as a reward. And honestly when warframe becomes too grindy I just put it aside and wait till the next update or event, and I know alot of other high rank players have the same attitude. I would love to play this game more and to have a higher variety of challenges like that one.Especially given that it's not something consistent and changes on weekly basis.

Personally I find that it lacks scripted missions, which develops Wolf.

We have a boss who knows nothing about him, why he was detained, why we fight him. There is no background.

And I feel frustrated that I can not face it. Give the opportunity to face him more often or on a mission that an object buy with the chips.

Sorry for my english that must be horrible

Thanks for reading.

My only sincere complaint is that Wolf Creds are few and far between.

There should be some way of trading standing for wolf cred.

That or, more appropriately, since the Nightwave system so heavily compares to Cetus and Fortuna bounties, there should be a resource we can gather to trade for wolf cred.

Nightwave comm fragments or some type of radio-wave-emitting ore; I'm sure someone else could come up with something to call it.

Or barring that, as someone else mentioned, make wolf cred something earned per goal completed, in addition to standing, in small amounts. [Say, 5 creds per every 1k standing that the mission gives? So max of 25 creds for a 5k-standing mission.]

Also, maybe adjust the mission levels to suit the MR of the player?

That way there could be some Elite missions specifically for lower and higher MR levels, say 3 or so Elite missions within your MR range, and you aren't eligible to do ones above or below your MR so that higher ranks can't abuse it for too-easy creds?

My suggestion on how to divvy up the various ranges, is from MR 0 to 5 being low range, 6 to 10 being mid-range, and 11+ being considered high range, just as a starting graph...

36 minutes ago, METAHUMVN said:

I think that the players who are complaining about stuff (esp the 1 hour survival complainers) are just people who are, frankly, lazy. They don't want to get challenged by a game. They don't want to work for anything. They don't want to interact with the community or make friends. They just want to "have fun", whatever that means...the truth is that Warframe is a challenging game, and it is very opaque at times, and it can be frustrating and overly grindy. I still get mad at the game sometimes. There's still certain mechanics/systems that I don't agree with. But that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the sense of challenge. 

Games by definition can be played for fun or competitively you don't have to choose. Playing warframe (a game) is literally an act of leisure, a means of relaxation and escape for many people who have important real world responsibilities. Its inane to call someone lazy because they cant use hours of their lives for very very little reward. Try comparing the amount of reward you get for playing several hours of Devil May Cry 5 (a challenging game) to the rewards you get for playing in warframe and the problem becomes extremely apparent. One system values and rewards players time and commitment and the other doesn't. "Fun" isnt a dirty word, and your community isnt Lazy, they just value their time and happiness. 

I've found Nightwave to be like Riven Unveiling criteria, often doable, usually fun but then sometimes really difficult and asking too much of me.

I just do the ones I can, and hope I'll have enough to advance through the phases. 

In short, I think you're doing it right - I like that WF and Weapon slots are earnable as a reward without Platinum now, and again... I just hope that the 1,000 points and 3,000 points challenges will be enough becauses I guess I'm not 'elite'.

My main issue with Nightwave is the time limited nature of it. I can live with the occasional operation weekend but this seems to be a permanent thing. One of the main reasons I stuck around these past five years is that I could pursue goals at my own pace. I think the Nightwave system is pretty cool by itself, but I want to log in and play because I enjoy playing not because the game says I have to or I can't have this shiny stuff. It just puts me off the whole thing. When I start to feel pushed to play content that I don't enjoy or to play when I don't feel like it or don't have time is the time when I start looking at other games. For me personally I have noticed a level of stress associated with logging in that wasn't there before.

As for the challenges themselves I think that if you didn't feel forced to complete them all (or as many as you can) there wouldn't be as big of a problem with tasks that don't appeal to all players.

Coming to Warframe from other GaaS titles, last year, was a total breath of fresh air. A lifestyle shooter, which didn't tell me how, or when, to play. I could set my own goals, work at my own pace, and never feel like I'd missed out. Sure - there were alerts that I'd miss, but they came around often enough that eventually, I'd get what I needed, anyway.

Nightwave completely ruined that feel.

It's quite literally the, "kill 200 boars in the forest, before you can play the game" rubbish that I left titles like Destiny to get away from. I'm Cartman, or Stan, and don't get to do the stuff I want to do each session, until I've done my chores o_0

While I do have plenty of time to complete the challenges, they're boring, menial, and purely for the purpose of stopping me from playing a competitor's game, alongside Warframe, for fear of missing out on loot in this one. Time dilation, purely for the purpose of extending player engagement over a multi-month period.

Warframe doesn't need that. Nightwave absolutely could have been an alert replacement that didn't have expiring challenges, that didn't have a running engagement meter, and that didn't have currencies that expired at the end of the season. Warframe is a fun game, that calls you back to it, because it's so fun. It didn't need bribery mechanics.

I've spent close to USD$150 on Warframe since joining the game in October, last year. I chose to do so, because the game offered me time-respectful entertainment, at a quality easily equal to that of traditional time-abusive triple-A GaaS titles. The devs seem passionate, fun, and constantly mock other titles in the industry for using hard-sell tactics.

So much for that.

If Warframe continues on this path of time-abusive, menial tasks, (see the current thermia event, for example,) I'll save my cash for someone else's product.

My suggestions for improving the player side Nightwave experience:

• remove the timer on all challenges, and allow the player to complete them, as and when they can, across the season. That will require a greater range of challenges, sure, but will also force development to come up with something more constructive than, "use x element," or "open x number of containers." Rivens managed it. Nightwave can too.
  • remove all "play with a clan/friend" challenges. If the game isn't PUG viable, it should be a subscription service, period. You can't deep dive on clan/friendship interaction when the majority of your playerbase aren't engaged to that level. It only fosters resentment within the community. (See the great player exodus from Destiny 2 when Bungie listened to streamers, who wanted it 'hardcore.')
  • reduce the repetitions on challenges that require daily logins, such as sorties - some people have jobs that don't allow them regular play sessions, who binge on specific days instead.
  • never add a power curve item as important and significant as umbral forma to a seasonal event, without making it incredibly clear that a) alternative ways of obtaining this item exist, and that b) those alternative methods are nothing like as time-abusive.

That's the constructive stuff. My gut feeling? Scrap the whole thing and go back to alerts, until you can come up with something better.

Fortuna part 1 and 2 were interesting, exciting, and engaging. That's the kind of content you need to be looking at. Not bribery mechanics, and loot anxiety.

Edit: PS. Nora's voice lines are just as irritating, ridiculous, and insulting as Tess Everis' Eververse PR. I am not, "being true to myself," by mining and fishing in content I had no intention of touching again until I wanted some more Arcanes made, thx.

Edited by ninemil
Voice actress exasperation.

I'll admit I didn't read through the posts already made. 
An alternative to just outright removing the "1hr survival/defence" and "Play with a clanmate/friend" challenges, may I suggest giving us an "OR" option. So a challenge would read:

"Survive 1 hr in Kuva Survival without using life support
                                      OR                                              
Make 20 perfect conservation captures on Orb Vallis."
                     Reward 5000 reputation.

This way you provide an alternative way of achieving the same reward, while still allowing players that like the challenge to DO the challenge. This could be limited to "harder" challenges, and not to the sub-5000 rep challenges.

• Like 1

I have read some of the posts, first 10 pages... sorry beforehand, 28 pages is a lot to read.

So, overall. I like the system. I understand the need for the store to push people into it at a certain level but the alerts could have still been a thing with the old rewards. I don't feel this replaces the alerts as much as they would have complimented them. It gets messy now with that in the bottom, actually hiding the extractor thing. It wasn't clean before but it wasn't hiding stuff before. I know a lot of people don't use extractors but it is a good way to see what planets to run for a certain resource. Just place it in the bar up there instead? That would make sense if you really want to replace the alerts. Right now it just feels tacked in/on.

But more specifics, with suggestions how to fix or change. Don't complain if you got nothing to improve it with.
There is basically the new player section and the end game section with little in between in really for the midtier players. It is either having most frames, weapons and mods or challenges.

Maybe split them into Easy, Moderate and Hard; call them what you will. Also, make them cumulative. When there was an ESO challenge, make it moderate for 4 runs and hard for 8. If you do go for the 8, it won't suck that bad to do the 8 and fail since you did get the 4. By doing the structure that way there is a definite challenge but also a reward if you can't do more than halfway. Another place where this applies, bounties. Maybe it for stages however, not a certain level or amount of bounties but the internal stages. Those who wants the higher tier gets equally rewarded as those who do the easier ones. That should ensure that everyone can do it, just not at the same game rewards/level. 
The other way is to do them as a group challenge v solo. Do the Kuva alone for 30min or as a group for 60min. Same reward, same challenge but how you preform it is up to you. Both are elite, both satifies the clan that run together or the solo player who takes pride in doing it on his/her own. I am in a clan filled with solo players. We do work together but most of the time we run the missions solo.

If you are Hardcore a solo is fun and generally a kick if the length is decent. If you are moderate you'll need the team but you can go for longer. There is always a trade-off. If you are a new player, you really shouldn't expect to do a lot if any of the Elite/Moderate stuff but this is where the rub is, the rewards are in their. If you want a certain cosmetic, it is this week or nothing. That is FOMO right there which means you will save those credits like I save unsocketed ayatans now. I sure as F don't socket or turn them in anymore for Endo. No way am I spending plat on those again. Just saying, that part made me furious. Which brings us to...

The RNG factor. Man did you do a number on this...
Grind is part of the game but that is for infinite time usually. Having me do a RNG runs will get me pissed to no end. Grind is fine, I come from Elite Dangerous where the grind is so in your face that your can feel angle-grinder they use loooong after you stopped playing. Pure RNG murderous grind. I love the views in that game but I can't play it anymore since you have to have toptier S#&$ to play anything now and that is locked behind months upon months of RNG grind.
Having that feeling but on a timer? There are times when a developer should be sat down with a stopwatch and told to play a really bad RNG-based game, if they fail they get his/her legs broken. That is the feeling it imparts when you get challenges like that. Because that is the pain here, RNG on a timer. RNG in all it's glory, you can only stand so much. A limited set of drops and a known location, ish, helps you feel there is an end to it. Mostly this is done well within Warframe, there is always some useful reward but in the end, you'll get there. If it takes a few weeks, most things are doable within a timeframe that doesn't make you pull your hair out. But that on a timer... Just don't. Period.

The fugitives, no goal there except snatch 'em up if you can. This is "good" RNG. The wolf, with his hammer drop set, man do you feel a pressure to catch him and get that hammer. It might be great, might not, but it is hard to get MR to be sure. He might spawn a lot more later but as the clock runs out the more desperate you get.
This is "bad" RNG. See the difference? Right here you are rewarded on a rare RNG drop up against a timer. We are 3 weeks in on a 10 week streak and so far I have seen the Wolf once and he dropped a North Wind. He can be rare, probably should be but then also make him drop a real reward when you do see him and make it count. In this case, make sure he drops the full set. If you already have a part, make that not drop. There is already a feeding frenzy for the hammer and its riven. Just saying.
I wish he wasn't even a factor in the nightwave... I really wish him to never have existed in the first place. Which brings us to...
Which is kind of bad part of the nightwave in terms of narrative. Some of the rewards place me in his team, some don't. Yeah, look at that emote and the text for it. Yeah...
So, why am I doing this? I don't know, there is no narrative reason for me to catch them. There is no hunting the wolf either. There is nothing that invest me other than the rewards of weapon and frame slots. And the Nitain of course.

But there is no narrative week to week. Nothing that builds, nothing. Nora has her intro but then it tells nothing at all about what they, fugitives and wolf do, why they end up in missions. No reason aside I guess "Just do it". That is a really crappy thing to tease a story and then just go quiet. The whole thing is set up to tell a story, a new piece per week. It is not a cinematic quest to be sure but it would be a good way to build lore and give a little more substance to how things work. The real reason why I love the Second Dream and War Within is that they really fleshed out how the world came into being, how it used to work and what tech they had at their peak. All of it, it gave a sense of how things work in this universe. Nightwave could have been a sidestory, a little backdrop to the world. Like the comics perhaps, no Lotus though, where you can get a feel for the everyday life for other people in it. It would make the Nightwaves be worth logging into, just to have a good story even if it is not a personal or even something I do. One good thing about Elite is that they have a news service that tell a story of how the galaxy moves along. It is not a good story or well told but it makes me turn on the radio, so to speak. Gets me up to speed with what is happening in a general sense, what has happened while I was elsewhere...
Just saying - An opportunity lost it seems to me.  I hope you can make more of it in the future.

I feel it is your wish to replace alerts for something more manageable to do when you log in. I feel they would be better co-existing. The store is really empty, really, once you see what you own or have crafted. You are now relegated to the derelict for the Kavats, means a new player won't be able to make one early on... yeah those Kavaat mods and the like drops on Mars and the derelict opens up later, much later in some cases. Just saying, they weren't a common reward but common enough to feel it was worth it. Nitain, good. Tellerium? Yeah that is also needed but now it is backstopped til Uranus really. I know, it should technically drop in archwings but not many grind those missions. It is such a different game mode and it doesn't overlap until you are on the plains/fortuna and even there it is not that much of an overlap.
With that said, overall I like it. Not at the expense of alerts. I could always skip a "bad" alert if I couldn't do it for some reason. The FOMO factor is super high with Nightwaves and while it makes you login, it also makes it a chore, not a thrill. The daily login rewards, eh, thank you? Nightwave, be there or be square. For me, that is a turn off. Now I have to either spend time to do that or something I want to do. They rarely overlap that well.
Sure they get me to do stuff that I should probably do but also... It is like taking out the trash. It has to be done but do you really want to? 

Ok, super long but there it is. The things I don't like. I tried to split them up as best as I could. Overall, it is not a bad system but it sure needs some TLC as all things at the outset. Hope this gives you ideas for improving the system.

Edited by Jourdin
  • Like 2

Hi everyone and DE 😉

For feedback context, I'm MR26 (near 27), been playing on Xbox One since day one, and have around 5000 hours of play.

My feedback is in 2 parts.

I) First, about nightwave directly.

Very nice idea overall and gave me new objectives to do outside of my daily routines.

I just feel that it lacks some consistency for the moment, concerning obectives duration.
Every type of challenge should be around the same duration
(Examples: a daily could be 15 minutes, a weekly 30-45 minutes, and a weekly Elite 45 min to 1 hour)

I'm not saying here what duration it should be, just that it currently doesn't feel consistent for a same type of challenge
(Dailies go from 20 kills aim gliding to 150 kills with certain damage type)

It also shouldn't feel too long to do daily.
I'm NOT speaking for me here, 'cause I have nothing else to do, but for lower MR, they may already have plenty to do and adding too much per day would be tedious and push back som players
(I already ear that the game is a bit too overwhelming for new comers, so try not to add to it 😕 )

About the 3 points in OP:
1) Ayatan: agreed (again, RNG is not consistent ^^)
2) Survival: also agreed. It was nice doing but my friends got a connection issue at 56 minutes which made them do it again => not really fun.
3) Friend / Clan: also agreed. Even being in a clan and an alliance, it may be hard to find someone at the same time wanting to do the same thing (like a 1 hour survival)

II) Second, about the removal of alerts.

I miss them a bit.
Honestly, I wasn't doing a lot of them, but I liked the fact that it made me stop my routine for a bit and made the world feel alive.
It even could make me launch Warframe when I wasn't playing a game, or on another game, because my app notified me of something interesting.

I understand the consistency issue (see my point above) and for a new player to get auras, Vauban or else, it could be annoying, but I like the idea of something that could happen by surprise and everyone could go for it
(like incursions in open zones)
So maybe it could come back but not for exclusive rewards but for credits, resources (eggs and genetic codes were really nice to get there, over the usual way, like oxium or argon crystals ...)

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

Pros:

1. We have stuff to do. I've played the game much more over the past few weeks than the last few months. It gives us targets to work towards which keeps bringing us back every few hours.
  2. I know a lot of people are complaining about Ayatans, Endurance runs, etc. Basically anything that makes them do stuff they wouldn't do normally in the game. I personally think this was a good idea. It pushes players into an unfamiliar territory which they might come to like eventually. Even if they don't particularly like it, it helps them boost their game progression to a much faster rate and teaches them more about the game. Before the Nightwave, I never did a survival beyond 40mins, never did ESO, never did Arbitrations, didn't have a single friend and never hunted a hydrolyst. After the Nightwave, within just 2 weeks, I have a Chroma Prime ready to 1-shot Eidolon limbs, have 4 people in my friend list who play actively, have cleared all the 10~ nodes on the star chart I was too lazy to bother about previously because I needed Ayatans from Arbitrations and am currently building my Saryn Prime for ESO, a mode I've come to really enjoy. There are still some problems with this system but I'll come to them later.

Cons:

1. Lack of Choice and Slow Standing earn rate: I know Steve said we need to do 60% of challenges to get to max level but from the rate we earn standing right now it will take the full 10 weeks of nightwave to get to max level with that rate. Meanwhile, those who can do all the challenges will get there by the 6th-7th week. Right now, no one really knows exactly what content is there beyond max level so everyone is either trying to do everything, even what they don't like, because they have a fear of missing out on that ~1 month of extra content or complaining about it because they don't like those challenges just that much. In this situation, it's not really a 'choice' to skip what you don't want to do unless you are willing to be left behind.
  2. Rewards: The level up rewards are cool but as I mentioned in the point above, even the people who are doing everything can level up only 4-5 levels a week. Although I don't mind this cap that much especially since it stops us from running out of content in just 1 week, it's the other half of the reward system that is suffering due to this. The most important rewards for me (and I don't think I'm alone in this) in this nightwave (except umbral forma and mods) are the orokin catalysts/reactors. The lack of Wolf Creds. really hits hard on that matter. Of course, I don't expect to get 10 of them everyday but once a week/fortnight looked like a reasonable number to me considering this is a time limited event. With 50 Wolf Creds a week you have to pretty much skip almost every other item in the store to barely maintain that rate. There's no way to earn them except leveling which is quite disappointing.
  3. No. of Challenges: This is my biggest problem with the system. I have completed every challenge in this week's nightwave except the sortie. Not even 2 full days have passed since I started. Now I have no idea or motivation to do something when I am not in the mood to level my stuff. On the flip side, for the last 2 days I enjoyed the game a lot and constantly had a road map in my head about what to do next. Moral of the story, we need more challenges. So many challenges that even full time veterans have to choose to either forget about their 5 hour runs or forget about the challenge rewards. With a bit of balancing, this is one solution to a lot of your problems. People who don't want to or can't complete a certain challenge will actually be able to skip it and do something they like, while people who want to do everything will still try to do everything they can. New players can get standing from challenges they can do, casuals like me can choose to do challenges based on the rewards while the veterans can do them based on whatever they like since they are only interested in a some specific rewards. You can still cap the levels gained per week so that there is some control on progression. Instead, once the level cap for the week is reached, change the challenge rewards to Wolf Creds, radiant relics, relics for vaulted frames, etc. Even a RNG based Wolf Creds rewards will be much more motivating to work towards compared to the current situation where you just have to wait for them.

I know some of these progression problems might get fixed as we get to further acts but this is my opinion based on the current state of the system.

Some other suggestions:

1. Different ways to complete challenges: The current rewards don't match the time taken to complete a challenge very nicely (since there is no real challenge in completing them anyways). It might be a good idea for rewards to scale depending on the way you complete the challenge. For example, let 60 mins. survival be completed in 3 x 20 mins. But if you do it in 1 go then you get a bonus reward. Or let Higher level bounties count for more than lower level ones (or give bonus rewards for doing bounties at higher levels). Instead of forcing people to take friends to missions give them a bonus reward to do so. As I said earlier, the lack of Wolf Creds also make them a good reward that people will be willing to work towards.
  2. More Variety in the Store: Right now we have Orokin Reactors, Catalysts, a statue and the old alert items in the store. It would be nice to see more items pop up there. Especially something that we can choose to buy over the reactors and catalysts like a store exclusive weapon augment,etc.

Regardless of all this, I feel this new system is definitely a step in the right direction. It needs more polishing but at the base level it is very engaging. Hopefully we can see some improvements soon as I feel this has to potential to be at the core of the Warframe looting experience.