Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

I'll admit I didn't read through the posts already made. 
An alternative to just outright removing the "1hr survival/defence" and "Play with a clanmate/friend" challenges, may I suggest giving us an "OR" option. So a challenge would read:

"Survive 1 hr in Kuva Survival without using life support
                                      OR                                              
Make 20 perfect conservation captures on Orb Vallis."
                     Reward 5000 reputation.

This way you provide an alternative way of achieving the same reward, while still allowing players that like the challenge to DO the challenge. This could be limited to "harder" challenges, and not to the sub-5000 rep challenges.

I have read some of the posts, first 10 pages... sorry beforehand, 28 pages is a lot to read.

So, overall. I like the system. I understand the need for the store to push people into it at a certain level but the alerts could have still been a thing with the old rewards. I don't feel this replaces the alerts as much as they would have complimented them. It gets messy now with that in the bottom, actually hiding the extractor thing. It wasn't clean before but it wasn't hiding stuff before. I know a lot of people don't use extractors but it is a good way to see what planets to run for a certain resource. Just place it in the bar up there instead? That would make sense if you really want to replace the alerts. Right now it just feels tacked in/on.

But more specifics, with suggestions how to fix or change. Don't complain if you got nothing to improve it with.
There is basically the new player section and the end game section with little in between in really for the midtier players. It is either having most frames, weapons and mods or challenges.

Maybe split them into Easy, Moderate and Hard; call them what you will. Also, make them cumulative. When there was an ESO challenge, make it moderate for 4 runs and hard for 8. If you do go for the 8, it won't suck that bad to do the 8 and fail since you did get the 4. By doing the structure that way there is a definite challenge but also a reward if you can't do more than halfway. Another place where this applies, bounties. Maybe it for stages however, not a certain level or amount of bounties but the internal stages. Those who wants the higher tier gets equally rewarded as those who do the easier ones. That should ensure that everyone can do it, just not at the same game rewards/level. 
The other way is to do them as a group challenge v solo. Do the Kuva alone for 30min or as a group for 60min. Same reward, same challenge but how you preform it is up to you. Both are elite, both satifies the clan that run together or the solo player who takes pride in doing it on his/her own. I am in a clan filled with solo players. We do work together but most of the time we run the missions solo.

If you are Hardcore a solo is fun and generally a kick if the length is decent. If you are moderate you'll need the team but you can go for longer. There is always a trade-off. If you are a new player, you really shouldn't expect to do a lot if any of the Elite/Moderate stuff but this is where the rub is, the rewards are in their. If you want a certain cosmetic, it is this week or nothing. That is FOMO right there which means you will save those credits like I save unsocketed ayatans now. I sure as F don't socket or turn them in anymore for Endo. No way am I spending plat on those again. Just saying, that part made me furious. Which brings us to...

The RNG factor. Man did you do a number on this...
Grind is part of the game but that is for infinite time usually. Having me do a RNG runs will get me pissed to no end. Grind is fine, I come from Elite Dangerous where the grind is so in your face that your can feel angle-grinder they use loooong after you stopped playing. Pure RNG murderous grind. I love the views in that game but I can't play it anymore since you have to have toptier S#&$ to play anything now and that is locked behind months upon months of RNG grind.
Having that feeling but on a timer? There are times when a developer should be sat down with a stopwatch and told to play a really bad RNG-based game, if they fail they get his/her legs broken. That is the feeling it imparts when you get challenges like that. Because that is the pain here, RNG on a timer. RNG in all it's glory, you can only stand so much. A limited set of drops and a known location, ish, helps you feel there is an end to it. Mostly this is done well within Warframe, there is always some useful reward but in the end, you'll get there. If it takes a few weeks, most things are doable within a timeframe that doesn't make you pull your hair out. But that on a timer... Just don't. Period.

The fugitives, no goal there except snatch 'em up if you can. This is "good" RNG. The wolf, with his hammer drop set, man do you feel a pressure to catch him and get that hammer. It might be great, might not, but it is hard to get MR to be sure. He might spawn a lot more later but as the clock runs out the more desperate you get.
This is "bad" RNG. See the difference? Right here you are rewarded on a rare RNG drop up against a timer. We are 3 weeks in on a 10 week streak and so far I have seen the Wolf once and he dropped a North Wind. He can be rare, probably should be but then also make him drop a real reward when you do see him and make it count. In this case, make sure he drops the full set. If you already have a part, make that not drop. There is already a feeding frenzy for the hammer and its riven. Just saying.
I wish he wasn't even a factor in the nightwave... I really wish him to never have existed in the first place. Which brings us to...
Which is kind of bad part of the nightwave in terms of narrative. Some of the rewards place me in his team, some don't. Yeah, look at that emote and the text for it. Yeah...
So, why am I doing this? I don't know, there is no narrative reason for me to catch them. There is no hunting the wolf either. There is nothing that invest me other than the rewards of weapon and frame slots. And the Nitain of course.

But there is no narrative week to week. Nothing that builds, nothing. Nora has her intro but then it tells nothing at all about what they, fugitives and wolf do, why they end up in missions. No reason aside I guess "Just do it". That is a really crappy thing to tease a story and then just go quiet. The whole thing is set up to tell a story, a new piece per week. It is not a cinematic quest to be sure but it would be a good way to build lore and give a little more substance to how things work. The real reason why I love the Second Dream and War Within is that they really fleshed out how the world came into being, how it used to work and what tech they had at their peak. All of it, it gave a sense of how things work in this universe. Nightwave could have been a sidestory, a little backdrop to the world. Like the comics perhaps, no Lotus though, where you can get a feel for the everyday life for other people in it. It would make the Nightwaves be worth logging into, just to have a good story even if it is not a personal or even something I do. One good thing about Elite is that they have a news service that tell a story of how the galaxy moves along. It is not a good story or well told but it makes me turn on the radio, so to speak. Gets me up to speed with what is happening in a general sense, what has happened while I was elsewhere...
Just saying - An opportunity lost it seems to me.  I hope you can make more of it in the future.

I feel it is your wish to replace alerts for something more manageable to do when you log in. I feel they would be better co-existing. The store is really empty, really, once you see what you own or have crafted. You are now relegated to the derelict for the Kavats, means a new player won't be able to make one early on... yeah those Kavaat mods and the like drops on Mars and the derelict opens up later, much later in some cases. Just saying, they weren't a common reward but common enough to feel it was worth it. Nitain, good. Tellerium? Yeah that is also needed but now it is backstopped til Uranus really. I know, it should technically drop in archwings but not many grind those missions. It is such a different game mode and it doesn't overlap until you are on the plains/fortuna and even there it is not that much of an overlap.
With that said, overall I like it. Not at the expense of alerts. I could always skip a "bad" alert if I couldn't do it for some reason. The FOMO factor is super high with Nightwaves and while it makes you login, it also makes it a chore, not a thrill. The daily login rewards, eh, thank you? Nightwave, be there or be square. For me, that is a turn off. Now I have to either spend time to do that or something I want to do. They rarely overlap that well.
Sure they get me to do stuff that I should probably do but also... It is like taking out the trash. It has to be done but do you really want to? 

Ok, super long but there it is. The things I don't like. I tried to split them up as best as I could. Overall, it is not a bad system but it sure needs some TLC as all things at the outset. Hope this gives you ideas for improving the system.

Hi everyone and DE 😉

For feedback context, I'm MR26 (near 27), been playing on Xbox One since day one, and have around 5000 hours of play.

My feedback is in 2 parts.

I) First, about nightwave directly.

Very nice idea overall and gave me new objectives to do outside of my daily routines.

I just feel that it lacks some consistency for the moment, concerning obectives duration.
Every type of challenge should be around the same duration
(Examples: a daily could be 15 minutes, a weekly 30-45 minutes, and a weekly Elite 45 min to 1 hour)

I'm not saying here what duration it should be, just that it currently doesn't feel consistent for a same type of challenge
(Dailies go from 20 kills aim gliding to 150 kills with certain damage type)

It also shouldn't feel too long to do daily.
I'm NOT speaking for me here, 'cause I have nothing else to do, but for lower MR, they may already have plenty to do and adding too much per day would be tedious and push back som players
(I already ear that the game is a bit too overwhelming for new comers, so try not to add to it 😕 )

About the 3 points in OP:
1) Ayatan: agreed (again, RNG is not consistent ^^)
2) Survival: also agreed. It was nice doing but my friends got a connection issue at 56 minutes which made them do it again => not really fun.
3) Friend / Clan: also agreed. Even being in a clan and an alliance, it may be hard to find someone at the same time wanting to do the same thing (like a 1 hour survival)

II) Second, about the removal of alerts.

I miss them a bit.
Honestly, I wasn't doing a lot of them, but I liked the fact that it made me stop my routine for a bit and made the world feel alive.
It even could make me launch Warframe when I wasn't playing a game, or on another game, because my app notified me of something interesting.

I understand the consistency issue (see my point above) and for a new player to get auras, Vauban or else, it could be annoying, but I like the idea of something that could happen by surprise and everyone could go for it
(like incursions in open zones)
So maybe it could come back but not for exclusive rewards but for credits, resources (eggs and genetic codes were really nice to get there, over the usual way, like oxium or argon crystals ...)

Thanks for reading.

Pros:

1. We have stuff to do. I've played the game much more over the past few weeks than the last few months. It gives us targets to work towards which keeps bringing us back every few hours.
  2. I know a lot of people are complaining about Ayatans, Endurance runs, etc. Basically anything that makes them do stuff they wouldn't do normally in the game. I personally think this was a good idea. It pushes players into an unfamiliar territory which they might come to like eventually. Even if they don't particularly like it, it helps them boost their game progression to a much faster rate and teaches them more about the game. Before the Nightwave, I never did a survival beyond 40mins, never did ESO, never did Arbitrations, didn't have a single friend and never hunted a hydrolyst. After the Nightwave, within just 2 weeks, I have a Chroma Prime ready to 1-shot Eidolon limbs, have 4 people in my friend list who play actively, have cleared all the 10~ nodes on the star chart I was too lazy to bother about previously because I needed Ayatans from Arbitrations and am currently building my Saryn Prime for ESO, a mode I've come to really enjoy. There are still some problems with this system but I'll come to them later.

Cons:

1. Lack of Choice and Slow Standing earn rate: I know Steve said we need to do 60% of challenges to get to max level but from the rate we earn standing right now it will take the full 10 weeks of nightwave to get to max level with that rate. Meanwhile, those who can do all the challenges will get there by the 6th-7th week. Right now, no one really knows exactly what content is there beyond max level so everyone is either trying to do everything, even what they don't like, because they have a fear of missing out on that ~1 month of extra content or complaining about it because they don't like those challenges just that much. In this situation, it's not really a 'choice' to skip what you don't want to do unless you are willing to be left behind.
  2. Rewards: The level up rewards are cool but as I mentioned in the point above, even the people who are doing everything can level up only 4-5 levels a week. Although I don't mind this cap that much especially since it stops us from running out of content in just 1 week, it's the other half of the reward system that is suffering due to this. The most important rewards for me (and I don't think I'm alone in this) in this nightwave (except umbral forma and mods) are the orokin catalysts/reactors. The lack of Wolf Creds. really hits hard on that matter. Of course, I don't expect to get 10 of them everyday but once a week/fortnight looked like a reasonable number to me considering this is a time limited event. With 50 Wolf Creds a week you have to pretty much skip almost every other item in the store to barely maintain that rate. There's no way to earn them except leveling which is quite disappointing.
  3. No. of Challenges: This is my biggest problem with the system. I have completed every challenge in this week's nightwave except the sortie. Not even 2 full days have passed since I started. Now I have no idea or motivation to do something when I am not in the mood to level my stuff. On the flip side, for the last 2 days I enjoyed the game a lot and constantly had a road map in my head about what to do next. Moral of the story, we need more challenges. So many challenges that even full time veterans have to choose to either forget about their 5 hour runs or forget about the challenge rewards. With a bit of balancing, this is one solution to a lot of your problems. People who don't want to or can't complete a certain challenge will actually be able to skip it and do something they like, while people who want to do everything will still try to do everything they can. New players can get standing from challenges they can do, casuals like me can choose to do challenges based on the rewards while the veterans can do them based on whatever they like since they are only interested in a some specific rewards. You can still cap the levels gained per week so that there is some control on progression. Instead, once the level cap for the week is reached, change the challenge rewards to Wolf Creds, radiant relics, relics for vaulted frames, etc. Even a RNG based Wolf Creds rewards will be much more motivating to work towards compared to the current situation where you just have to wait for them.

I know some of these progression problems might get fixed as we get to further acts but this is my opinion based on the current state of the system.

Some other suggestions:

1. Different ways to complete challenges: The current rewards don't match the time taken to complete a challenge very nicely (since there is no real challenge in completing them anyways). It might be a good idea for rewards to scale depending on the way you complete the challenge. For example, let 60 mins. survival be completed in 3 x 20 mins. But if you do it in 1 go then you get a bonus reward. Or let Higher level bounties count for more than lower level ones (or give bonus rewards for doing bounties at higher levels). Instead of forcing people to take friends to missions give them a bonus reward to do so. As I said earlier, the lack of Wolf Creds also make them a good reward that people will be willing to work towards.
  2. More Variety in the Store: Right now we have Orokin Reactors, Catalysts, a statue and the old alert items in the store. It would be nice to see more items pop up there. Especially something that we can choose to buy over the reactors and catalysts like a store exclusive weapon augment,etc.

Regardless of all this, I feel this new system is definitely a step in the right direction. It needs more polishing but at the base level it is very engaging. Hopefully we can see some improvements soon as I feel this has to potential to be at the core of the Warframe looting experience.

I didn't mind the 60 minute challenges, especially since you could do them both at the same time, but I do generally like endurance survival runs, it is my favorite game mode. But I understand if others thought it's too much, maybe you could make it a 60 min overall, so they could do 3x20 min or something, and we who enjoy long runs can do 60 min in 1 go. I would really not like defense missions, staying stationary in one place is boring and puts me to sleep, don't do long or any defense missions I BEG YOU! RANT TIME As a matter of fact remove Defense game modes, it goes directly against what warframe is, a fast paced action packed run and gun, hack and slash horde mode. Staying in the same place for extended periods of time is extremely boring, mobile defense just let's you go AFK for a bit if you're using limbo, it's not fun..

I do however have a problem with being forced to play with others if we don't want to, I'm personally a solo player but I manged to do the challenges with clanmates. I didn't quite like the Eidolon hunting challenge either, it also felt like it's forcing you to play with others. Yes I know you can technically do them solo but it's a big hassle to do so. Same goes with Vault runs, can be done solo but a bit or a nuisance.

The ayatan challenge was a bit weird, 5 in a week is very RNG if you have none in stock or they are all already filled up, I luckily had a bunch but had no stars (buff the drops, please! I can't get those ambers they are insanely rare) so I had to farm the stars instead which took way too long and felt more like an elite due to it's time consumption.

I also have a pretty big problem with 8 bounty missions challenge, it's not even an elite but it takes well over an hour to complete + very repetitive. Either make them an Elite or lower that number to 4-5, it's a bit too much as is.

This weeks Lua challenge was a bit of an annoyance because as a Solo player I had to replay missions over and over and over hoping I get the right challenge that can be done solo and hope I don't screw it up. Took me quite a bit of time to do, more than it should have and far less than a grouped run would be, but hey I guess that's a part of the Challenge I make for myself in choosing to play everything solo 😄

The rest are.. acceptable I guess since I don't remember them too clearly so they didn't make a big impact negative or positive and that makes them alright I suppose.

I had a really good time doing the 60 minute survival challenge. Clan members were busy so I went on Recruiting Channel got a few players "friended" them. Then set off to do the kuva challenge one. 2 birds with one stone. At the 60 minute mark we hauled butt right out not sure we were really equipped to go further.  The only issue I had with the survival missions were that there were 2 at the same time. Really limits player choice on how to complete it. Forced to friend and forced to do Kuva specifically or you would be waisting time.

I have a proposition regarding the reward system: change it to resemble the daily login reward system, where every X standing levels we would get a choice pool of rewards. For example, on levels 10, 20 and 30 we can choose to get an Umbral Forma, Wolf Syandana or Wolf Armour Set. Levels 5, 15 and 25 lets us choose one of the mods from the pool, and so on, with some rewards remaining static.

Kind of silly to have Daily Acts last 3 days so that you don't feel like you need to log in every day just to have a weekly make you feel like you have to log in almost every day. Complete 5 Sorties. Reduce it to 2-3, if you can complete 2-3 Sorties you can complete 5. The only thing stopping you is having a life. So far the weeklies that took the longest because of time gates took 2 days.

My only issues with the hour long survival missions were A) being kicked each time I tried and B) both elite challenges being 60 minute survival. I lost out on 10,000 rep/an entire rank because the game kicked me (and/or my husband) keeping us from completing either of them.

I think I know what's needed here: Two challenge levels.

One for the low level stuff like killing 150 enemies with heat damage and so forth giving the functional bits of the reward table, slots, reactors, potatoes and wolf creds and a separate, higher level one that you can't even see if you're not MR 10 (Arbitrary number) giving the fancy cosmetics and armour sets (and wolf creds, I'm not that mean). The higher level would have things like the hour long kuva survival without activating life support, five sorties and things of that level.

There are many different types of warframe players and you're trying to please all of them with the same reward system. This doesn't seem to really be working, but if you had multiple reward systems people might be happier.

Before I say anything, I would like to clarify a few things.  For one, I work 7 days and then 2 days off as a Security Guard, it takes me 2 hours to travel to work and back, I have very limited time to play unless I get a day off or I get a holiday.

The problem that I have With Nightwave, is the limit to 10 weeks to get everything done before the next wave and you creds get reset.

The other issue, is that a lot of the weekly goals making up the majority of the reputation is time consuming, and somewhat rediculous, at least for me.

I personly feel that it should at least be 15 weeks and that we should be able to keep the creds we have earned and it should carry over to the next wave.

The overall feeling is I`m not playing the missions I want anymore. I used to team up with friends to go hunting eidolons, profit taker, doing arbitration, or helping a new clan member. But now as I come back from a long day at the office, we face Warframe HOMEWORK. That`s how it feels. We are not doing the missions we want anymore. Either doing my challenges or helping somebody with theirs. This was the reason why I stopped playing DESTINY. I was tired of getting homework from a game. This could be easily fixed by removing the expiration date on the challenges. You could let uncompleted past week challenges stack with new ones. So it would be easier to do multiple of them at a time. 

Thinking about new players or players without friends, you could create a 3 way challenge system. Each challenge could have 3 ways to get it. Example: Capture 1 Hydrolist, OR capture 2 Gantulist OR capture 5 Teralist. It is way less simple than the actual system but could be new player friendly.

Rewards. The rewards from the Nightwave itself are great. And the fact you can still get the items from the old alerts is good, but the wolf cred amount is just silly. With alerts, we played a mission and we got a reward (helmet bp, nitain,etc). Now we play a lot of missions to get 50 wolf cred. They are insufficient to get a tenth part of what we used to get before. People going for the camo skins can't buy both, people going for helmets can't get two. The amount of wolf credits, considering it is the substitution of alert rewards is WAY TOO LOW. You could fix this by raising the amount of wolf credits and increasing the price of orokin reactors/ catalysts to not break the game. I think people should be able to buy at least 1/3rd of the wolf cred items every week.

One last thing. The wolf of saturn six himself. Most of the players I know are concerned about the spawn rate of the new enemy. Everybody wants the new weapon parts and some players are very angry about it becacuse the have played 200+ missions without seeing the wolf. This could be easily fixed if you put a Wolf beacon on Baro Ki Teer hands. I personally love the enemies that hunt you like the stalker , g3 or Zanuka. So I think it is good to make it hard. But not too much.

Thanks for doing the game of the decade. Hope this helps.

If part of this sounds too rude, it is because English is my 3rd language. And I'm not used to it. 

As for the week of 20190310, to many of the same type of weeklies in one go. Three farm weeklies at once just ruins the variety of a weekly battle pass system.
With Endurance runs, 60m and not being able to get up is a bit more brutal than Hard Core raiding in WoW lol. At least we got lavatory breaks after a couple of boss attempts which never took more than 20m.  Maybe do four+ 30 minute wins.

My biggest worry atm is not getting that sexy armor u_u'''' I wish there was more after it or it was higher on the list haha

My biggest issue with the system is how new player unfriendly is still is. One of the stated goals was to give new players a chance to easily get some Aura mods to get them started. Well, those players haven't unlocked most of the Starchart yet, and won't be consistently completing all the Challenges. As it stands, it may take them a few weeks before they get their first Aura. With the old system, it was far easier for them to get a taxi to an Aura Alert.

I used to randomly do the old Aura Alerts so I would have some spares to hand out to new players. Until I have excess creds, I'll have less Aura's to hand out in this system. Which wouldn't be an issue if it were easier for them to get them themselves, instead of harder.

Please consider giving creds at the first tier of reward next time, instead of at a tier that may take new players a month or more to get to.

Overall I really like it. I think the rewards are worth the investment in time, and I like the progression towards a goal. It's rewarding to play. 

The one thing I like about the challenges is that it sort of forces me to play missions or modes that I don't normally play. 

I agree about the Ayatan statues being too RNG. These challenges should be able to be completed, realistically, by every player. Nobody wants to spend hours farming one super rare thing.

I can see why people are annoyed about the hour survival challenges, but I enjoyed them. However, I am MR25, so I have the gear to handle these long endurance runs. I don't see the issue with finding friends. The entire week, even at the zero hour, there were tons of people in recruit chat looking for friends to do the challenge. On the other hand I don't understand the point of why this has to be done with a friend. You can't really force friendships, and doubt I will ever have contact with the friends I added for these modes even though we had fun together.

In closing, what works for me is this system forcing me to explore game modes I haven't done in a while. It breaks up the routine and grind. 

13 minutes ago, Dano216 said:

In closing, what works for me is this system forcing me to explore game modes I haven't done in a while. It breaks up the routine and grind. 

Funny, that's what I don't like about it.

If I had wanted to explore these game modes I would have. Fishing is pleasant enough, mining is tedium, fortuna and cetus bounties I could happily live without, likewise arbitration.

I've done what was necessary to tick the box and then not touched that content again.

27 minutes ago, AltheusV said:

If I had wanted to explore these game modes I would have. Fishing is pleasant enough, mining is tedium, fortuna and cetus bounties I could happily live without, likewise arbitration.

I've done what was necessary to tick the box and then not touched that content again.

Same for me. Warframe has such a variety of content, it's doomed to have parts each player really loves and also parts he/she really hates. But besides from getting the mastery out of it (which is also optional), nobody was forced to do anything they didn't enjoy. Until nightwaves. So it's no surprise that the most used words to describe it so far are "chore" and "homework".

It would be nice to have more wolf credits or make nitanin extract available via some other mode. A daily alert to get 1 or 2 ? Also, please revamp the RNG based challenges (ayatan treasure, mining, fishing etc). It would be better to have something like "Catch 50 fish" or "Mine 100 ores". Apart from these night waves seems to be a great addition to the game. 

So i completed the rare gem thing for the vallis, and gotta say.. Rng challenges are just the WORST thing ever (well worst thing ever after all the damn bounty missions required) simply because you have no idea what youre gonna get or how long it'll take. For my rare gems for example it took me about 8 fully mined out caves, or about 50 nodes or so, each of which takes time to fly to, find, and mine. Its not fun fightimg rng as well as these forced requirements

11 minutes ago, TheFBD said:

Same for me. Warframe has such a variety of content, it's doomed to have parts each player really loves and also parts he/she really hates. But besides from getting the mastery out of it (which is also optional), nobody was forced to do anything they didn't enjoy. Until nightwaves. So it's no surprise that the most used words to describe it so far are "chore" and "homework".

This 100%.

22 minutes ago, TheFBD said:

Exactly this.

I really don't care how hard/long/whatever the challenges are. But i don't want to be forced to do them constantly or i'll 'miss' the rewards.

Honestly if the series are made to not be single-time and their standing to accumulate through the runs, that would be one of the cleanest solutions. Have multitude of series running and cycling through eachother. Similarly to operation Plaguestar or the ghouls - they appear once in a while, you do some stuff for them, but dont lose your progress the next time.

On the side, I do like the daily/weekly system - finally something else than sorties thats worth doing on daily basis. Though a monthly challenges would also be welcome.

4 hours ago, Jourdin said:

Maybe split them into Easy, Moderate and Hard; call them what you will.

This might actually be an interesting take on it. For example the index basically has the same thing and if it were to be applied to any of the missions then those who want a challenge. If a player were to choose the easy option they would get a set amount of standing with some possible variations for gaining bonus standing or resources. For example in a survival mission they could have to try and get a set amount of kills in the first 5 mins, 5 slide kills in the next five mins etc. For those who choose the hard mode it can be similar but it would be in a nightmare mode or something.

I think it would be better if there were more daily challenges so that the people who aren't able to do the survival challenges (as an example, generally the challenges geared towards higher leveled players) could still have a chance at getting the same amount of standing while the players who have been playing the game for a while and giving that investment could also get the standing from it. 

I believe that for the challenges regarding cetus bounties and such should give a portion of the standing after each full bounty done out of the required amount rather than to give it all after 8 runs of a minimum of 24 different things. I think that by doing so it'll make the player feel more rewarded rather than to feel like it's a chore to get the standing they want. 

One other thing I could suggest with night wave's system is to make it to where the over achievers can go beyond the 25th mark and unlock another temporary row that will rotate between randomly generated rewards ie kuva wolf creds catalysts etc, I believe that would really get the attention of the veteran players who give their 110% in the game. Though I have been told it would repeat I wasn't entirely sure how that would work out saying that people wouldn't want to have 2 emblems that look exactly the same that they got from playing the game. 

side note: what if instead the players who complete all 25 have challenge standing earnings become converted into standing for syndicates and conclave? just a thought :)

those are just my general thoughts on it so far 

On 2019-03-04 at 5:01 PM, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

One of the larger gripes I have at least with this weeks challenges are the two survival ones, and it really just boils down to having to do an hour long survival for each challenge

Not really... if you had a friend and you both had access to the Kuva Fortress, you could team with them and a couple randoms and run a 1 hour Kuva survival and it'd count for both.

23 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Not really... if you had a friend and you both had access to the Kuva Fortress, you could team with them and a couple randoms and run a 1 hour Kuva survival and it'd count for both.

I understand that. I also have other things to do than sit in a survival for an hour.